OtakuBoards

Songs that get on your nerves

ChibiHorsewoman

[QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]The new Bloc Party single. It's annoying as hell. Make it die.

And you know, Fall, diss hip-hop all you want, but Korn bases all their music on hip-hop influences. Yes, even on their first album. The rhythms and lines are all based heavily on hip-hop music. Not criticizing you, just saying you should look out.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]One of the main reasons I dislike Korn. They have my respect, but their music is under my tolerable section, rather then that of the music I actually like.

Jesse McCartney is good? *picks himself off the floor and attempts to stop laughing* whew, sorry. I think it's hilarious he be considered a singer or musician. He is by far not a musician, and his singing talent is mild, it's far from being anything amazing. In half his songs he doesn't actually sing, he simply talks and seperates his words to accomodate the melody. A long note held here and there doesn't make him a singer, and most definitely doesn't make him good.

I dislike almost all mainstream rap for lack of meaning or the composition of anything containing worthwhile content. I dislike anything containing Jermain Dupree, simply because he's there to say "Uh, yeah, this the remix" and get paid millions of dollars for doing so. I dislike anything containing Gwen Stefani outside of No Doubt because lets face it, her talent has already peaked and shes just going downhill. I dislike acoustic rap...wtf? An example of this is on the new Coca Cola commercial where the retard is on a roof singing about chilling with the world *sigh*. I dislike the song "Girlfight" simply because, it doesn't make sense. I dislike "The Speed of Sound" by Coldplay because it is intensely overplayed and overappreciated. I dislike anything from the Disney channel because for some reason anyone who gets a show thinks they have singing talent as well.

I could mention so much more but I'll leave it at that.[/SIZE]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Jake Of Bodom[/b]
[i]And you know, Fall, diss hip-hop all you want, but Korn bases all their music on hip-hop influences. Yes, even on their first album. The rhythms and lines are all based heavily on hip-hop music. Not criticizing you, just saying you should look out.[/i][/QUOTE]I do realise this, and I also realise their first album is up to ****, I don't like it as much as their other albums. But you cannot tell me the albums Take A Look In The Mirror, Follow The Leader, and Greatest Hits Vol. 1, are based on hip-hop. I know alot of their songs have the rap-style singing, but what makes 'em different, is that they don't sing about "poppin' a cap in some homie's ***", or "we gangstas, and we makin' stashes of money". Jonothan actually puts alot of work into his lyrics, and I see their music alot more than just "based on hip-hop". We all have our opinions, but I think it's narrow-minded to say KoRn bases "[u]all[/u]" their music "[u]heavily[/u]" on hip-hop.

I know rap isn't about the words, it's about what it sounds like. I know some of KoRn's songs sound like hip-hop or rap, or are based on it, with the electric guitar and heavy music, just lightened up to suit the style. But the thing is, what are they overall? A few songs that can be based on hip-hop and rap here and there, doesn't make the whole band and all of its music based on hip-hop and rap. It won't. I doesn't. It never will. It's what they are, not what people class them as, it's [i]what they are[/i].

Class them as "Nu Metal" for all I care. I don't see KoRn anything near hip-hop. I admit, "Nu-Metal" may be a "lighter" version of the truely traditional Heavy Metal, and all of its sub-genres that are around, but I like it; I love the genre. Just because KoRn produced a few songs that have the singing in a "rap-style", that doesn't base them on hip-hop, or their music. They have produced alot, I mean, [i]alot[/i] more songs of a heavy nature, a very heavy sound to me.

[QUOTE]I do realise this, and I also realise their first album is up to ****, I don't like it as much as their other albums. But you cannot tell me the albums Take A Look In The Mirror, Follow The Leader, and Greatest Hits Vol. 1, are based on hip-hop. I know alot of their songs have the rap-style singing, but what makes 'em different, is that they don't sing about "poppin' a cap in some homie's ***", or "we gangstas, and we makin' stashes of money". Jonothan actually puts alot of work into his lyrics, and I see their music alot more than just "based on hip-hop". We all have our opinions, but I think it's narrow-minded to say KoRn bases "all" their music "heavily" on hip-hop.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I realize the lyrical differences between actual rap/hip-hop and Korn. That wasn't my point. I was simply talking about song structure. I don't see how saying that Korn's music is based on hip-hop (which it is) makes me narrow-minded. You see, Jonathan Davis even says that Korn bases their music on hip-hop. Yes, even Take a Look In the Mirror is based off hip-hop - it wouldn't be Korn if it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I like Korn for the most part. And yes, there is more to Korn than hip-hop (quite obviously, and I realize this). Their music is, though, based on hip-hop. There's no way around it.

And how can you call me narrow minded for saying that Korn is based on hip-hop when you said:

[QUOTE]...any kind of rap, or RnB. Gnagstas and homies an all that. And then there's Usher and Nelly... all the same to me. I can't stand any of it.[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't like rap very much at all, but there's some great rappers around. Ever heard of Jedi Mind Tricks? Check out their album "The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological, and Electromagnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness". You won't find any traces of Gangstas or hos or hustlas here.

You're making it sound they [i]are[/i] hip-hop. Jono does not say they base their music on hip-hop, he says hip-hop [i]inspired[/i] them. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Fieldy has pursued a hip-hop side-career, releasing the album Rock N Roll Gangster; completely different music to KoRn.

Now, basing your music on something, and being inspired by something, are two different things. Not [i]completely[/i] different, I must admit, but different, atleast. KoRn does have the hip-hop line of things in them, but I totally disagree that they [i]base[/i] their music on the genre.

Inspired by hip-hop; Fieldy says he plays bass in a hip-hop sense because he is inspired by hip-hop, and has been since he can't even remember. They like the sound of hip-hop, though they are a "nu-metal" band. Basing their music on hip-hop, would mean they would be trying to sound like hip-hop. They wouldn't have the heavy-metal instruments in a hip-hop band.

I can see we disagree on a number of things. My opinion is running on the fact that they sound "nu-metal", they scream and yell; but yet their based on hip-hop. My opinion is running on the fact that their music is heavy. This is how I seperate music, all music. Rap, RnB, Rock, Metal, Pop, you name it. By the instruments, by the sound of them, the way they sing, or yell or scream, on a broarder view, their music all-together. When you think about it, this is probably why I disagree with all the sub-genres in metal.

I hold nothing against your opinion. I just disagree with it. The reason for this, I think we both have different view-points to the same kind of music.

I totally agree with Tyler I hate those songs too. Grrrrr...They just get stuck in your head. My top two songs that get on my nerves are
1."Best of You" - Foo Fighters. (Don't get me wrong they're a great band and all. But it's that song! It's overplayed!!!
2. "Smells Like Teen Spirit"-Nirvana(It's a good song and all. But it too is overplayed)

[QUOTE=KitsuneGirl14] 2. Anything by Ciara,Gwen Stefani and other Blondie, Prissy Girl singers.
P.S. I would like to join your club. Please? :animesmil[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] GWen Stefani used to be a good singer, but then she became a fashion designer and lost her b\memory of when she sang good songs. Let's all have a moment of silence for the poor misguided girl. Weep.

JUst a Lil bit- Shoot me, shoot me now!

And who's club? [/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Fixedsys]I'm one of those people who know the words to every song wether they like them or not. For all the annoying songs, I'd say everyone pretty much got them except I don't know if any one mentioned these two:

1. Holla Back Girl-Gwen Stefani "'cause there ain't no holla back GUUUURRRRLLLL, I ain't no holla back GUUUURRRRLLLL"

2. ***** Like That-Eminem "You make my slinky go DA DOING DOING DOIING!!"?
PLEASE THOSE HAVE TO BE THE STUPIDEST LYRYCS EVER CONCOCTED IN ALL OF SONGDOM!!![/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]

Rap, hip-hop, R&B, and pop all really annoy me. There aren't certain songs that I listen to out of any of those genres, ever.

And there is NOTHING more annoying than Kids Bop.

Songs are especially irksome when people in cars play them really loud, so the beats travel out everywhere and make your own car vibrate. It's terrible when your at a stop light, and the car next to you is blaring some god-awful tune. Uuugh.

Some rock annoys me, too...Korn; "Word Up," Foo Fighters; "Best of You..." and a lot of stuff they play on the radio. I'm not one for popular music.

[/font][/size][/color]

here is my list of annoying songs:

-Milkshake by Kilis (this song sucks so much...nobody wants ur milkshake...ur not even hot!)
-Holla Back Gurl by Gwen Stefani
-Back Then by Mike Jones (omfg...mike jones sucks...he shouldnt rap period..)
-Mr. Lonely by Akon (nuff said)
-Locked Up by Akon (sucks)
-Anything by Britney Spears (she cant sing)
-Anything by Ashley Simpson (she also cant sing for her life)
-Gangsta Rap
-Lean Back by Fat Joe (i dont think he can lean back...he'd probably fall down...lol)
-Pop

...hahaha...i actually like hip-hop (a lot of u dont..)...but i dont care...i dont listen to gangsta rap because i think its stupid (and for ur information not all hip hop is gangsta music) i also listen to R&B...if u got a problem with that i dont care...i also listen to rock...yes i listen to rock AND hip-hop...not a lot people do but i do...

...and im sorry if i offended u in anyway...but thats the way i feel...

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']You know, I don't like rap very much at all, but there's some great rappers around. Ever heard of Jedi Mind Tricks? Check out their album "The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological, and Electromagnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness". You won't find any traces of Gangstas or hos or hustlas here.[/quote]

YEA!

Jedi Mind Tricks rocks! i luv them...their kool because they just rap...not about being gangstas and stuff....other rap artists that dont talk about gangsta stuff:

-Jurrasic 5
-The Roots
-K-OS
-Zoin-I
-Quasimoto
-Swollen Members
-Blackalicious

My fav. Jedi Mind Tricks song is Saviorself and Walk With Me...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Okay, well, I dispise the song "Hollaback Girl" by Swen Stefani. I loved her in No Doubt, but I don't like her at all on her own...scary... :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: [/COLOR]

R .Kelly's trapped in the closet :mad:
that song is so bad :mad: :mad: :mad:

step in the name of love was a good song and so was and that one song he did with all the samurais in it. but after that i dont know what happend.

[color=red] [font=garamond]I can't really say. I'm the kind of person who goes and downloads songs like [i]Material Girl[/i], and [i]Hollaback Girl[/i] just for the sake of annoying people, and nothing else. Though, if anything, I'd have to say I have some weird hatred for [i]Thriller[/i]... Or, like, practically any Jennifer Lopez song.[/font] [/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Not many songs "get on me nerves" per say, there's are certain songs though that drive me nuts if I hear them over and over, as was the case with the song [b]Blue/I'm Blue[/b]. When the song first came out a few years ago it would play every morning, and I mean every morning on the radio, this went on for about two months and drove me near cracked.

A lot of what could be described as "girly" songs get on my nerves, I know that sounds very misogynistic but it's just something about those kind of songs, that kind of pop music that just does my head in. Other completely talentless bands like The Cheeky Girls and the like are also more than capable of irritating the hell out of me, given persistent exposure.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Osaka]R .Kelly's trapped in the closet :mad:
that song is so bad :mad: :mad: :mad: .[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]You know, it's too bad he isn't [i]really[/i] trapped in a closet.

Never heard the song. But let's see.... Holla Back Girl is starting to grow on me since I've heard it so damn much and I end up singing along to it (just shoot me now!) I seriously need to get soem real music back in my car.

I just thought of this and had to add it: [b]Isn't Gwen Stefani a bit [i]old[/i] to be singing songs based on High School experiances?[/b][/color]

• 5 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]Any thing that isn't rock. I have no love for teeny-bop crap, or boybands. I'm all rock, that's how how am I.

I DISPISE this God forsaken "Kids Bop" stuff. I used to work at Toys R Us, and they would play it!! Here's an idea. Why don't you play a few of those songs (The ones that don't suck) by the ACTUAL artists?! It was a pain.

LONG LIVE ROCK!

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

Plenty of songs annoy me if I hear them too much...rap is more likely to get on my nerves faster.

Last night I watched the most awesomely bad dirty songs on VH1, which reminded me that I hate R. Kelly songs (boooooooty)

A lot of people said Gwen Stefani's solo stuff, which is addicting and annoying at once. I agree, it's awful but I listen to it. It's terrible, save me.

Mostly everything that gets overplayed, which is why I stopped listening to the radio/Fuse so much.

Oh and the songs on Lazytown. I had the misfortune of waking up too early and turning on the tv to hear that...that...ugh...that show in general is scary.

Guest toboeFan
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Songs that get on my nerves....mmmmm......rap songs, pop songs, any limp bizkit song...,HIM's new single....actually...any song played on Mtv....[/FONT] :rolleyes:

i can't stand urban, pop or anything sung by britnay spears i hear them i just wanna kill my self realy they suck big time. really no offence to those of you who like it.

BTW! right now im listen to good charlotte 'hold on' if anyof you like um please message me. (really i need a friend)