OtakuBoards

.hack//fragment

SilentSecurity

Ooh? More .hack goodness, I see. The .hack series (video game and TV) were such a huge success. Kite in the video game series were an epilogue to the TV series (since Skeith appears in the game after the TV series), G.U. is an epilogue to .hack//Quarantine, and so I'd imagine Fragment is an epilogue to G.U. Kite stars in G.U., so perhaps he makes an appearance in Fragment? I don't know, I'm quite the expert on the existing games (if I do say so myself), not ones to come. If Fragment will be on PS2, I'll keep myself busy for some time.

Fragment was actually the original The World. It was hinted upon in one of the LIMINALITY discs that came with one of the games.

Basically, instead of entering three words like in the "newer" game, you would input letters, either spelling a word or just random jibberish, and be teleported to a randomly generated map.

It was basically the prototype to The World, and there's supposedly many secrets deep inside...

I'll have to watch that featurette again.

I'm glad it's free though, I'll be getting it for the PC...

Guest Satoshi-sama
Well..everyone here is mostly right. .Hack//Fragment is set for Japan release in late September. It has been said that the release for America might be in early 2006, but it is only rumors.

Yes, in the seires, games, and Ova, Fragment was the prelude to 'the World'. It had many problems and bugs in it, which eventually led to the upgraded version called 'The World' This lead us to believe that maybe this game .Hack//Fragment will be the first of two installments. One being Fragment and the other being The World

The other thing is that the game will not be set for the PC. They are making it so that the game will be on PS2 and have connectablility to the PC. The PC will be used with a program so you can create your own dungeons and such. It will also be used with the technology for going on to servers and such. The game will strictly be on PS2 though. And yes, it will be free.

In the game, you will be able to create characters like ther series and even modify things such as facial features, clothing, ect...You will be able to play online and ofline. During online play, you will be able to level up, althuogh you will not get the expierences that online play provides. When online, you will be able to join up with two other players and go off on adventures. There will also be events where you can win items. The game will be very much similar to the series.

Offline, yu will have the option to play with the computer and go on missions. That waym you will be able to level up you character more easily. The different people you will see during the gane iffkube, will range from the anime to the manga. You will be able to meet such characters as Subaru, Tsukasa, Shugo and many others. Offline, will be very similar to that of the current .Hack games.

I hope I have answed all of your qustions. If you want to know anything else, you can simply PM me, or email me at Inufan9113. If you have AIM, you can im me at Inureaver13.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy]Hmmmm? really? theres a new .Hack game I thought I it was only G.U. well Im glad theres an actual MMORPG of .Hack the other gamnes were alright but ppl want to play .Hack online really it be soo cool to have your own player in iy does any1 kno the site so I can get more info?[/COLOR]

From what I've heard there's going to be a release for not just the PS2 but for the PC also. But those are only rumors I've heard.

[quote] So, wait, the game is on the PS2 or the PC? Does the PS2 have to be hooked up to the PC? Wha? *Confuzzled*[/quote]

Yes your PS2 must be hooked up to a computer with an online function. One good thing is, it's free :animesmil .

Guest Xicris
[QUOTE]Gah. There's no computer even NEAR our PS2 T-T[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself MirielleChan, but my computer has a graphics card that rivals the X-Box.

You'll be able to make custom dungeons? That's AWESOME!!! I love constructing dungeons

[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]Erm, Xicris, she meant that physically, her computer is not near the PS2. As in, it's in a complete different room. Not that her computer has bad graphics...

I just bought .hack//AI Buster. It makes me want Fragment SUPER BAD!! Is there a secretly set release date for it?[/font][/color][/size]

Guest Xicris
[QUOTE=Ailes de Velour][font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]Erm, Xicris, she meant that physically, her computer is not near the PS2. As in, it's in a complete different room. Not that her computer has bad graphics...

I just bought .hack//AI Buster. It makes me want Fragment SUPER BAD!! Is there a secretly set release date for it?[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Whoops :animestun heh, sorry about that. Wasn't trying to be mean or anything btw. Thanx for making that clear

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Ah! .hack! Well...MORE .hack, I mean.

I just slogged through the first one, and I must say that I'm not impressed in the slightest. I loved the anime, and I've seen every episode but I never actually got down to playing the games. So, about 15 some hours ago I picked it up and started playing. It was novelty at first but then it became too repetitive, and lackluster compared to other RPGs out there. Not just RPGs of these years but even past RPGs. Its a shame really, it could've been much better gameplay wise. The story was great, which is why I'm going to bring myself to play the other games.
Though, now hearing about the new one I need to quickly mop up Kite's story and get ready for the next one. Hopefully it plays better. Alot better.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Kaibutsu
[b][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma].hack//FRAGMENT is being developed for the PS2.

Using a standard PS2 Network Adapter (FRAGMENT doesn't use a harddrive), you will adventure alongside other US players. But because of the server setup, I'm not sure if JP and US will beable to play, my personal guess being no. When playing Online, you first create your character. You can give your character a name, profession and gender, and even modify its physical appearance. Once you have a character, you enter a lobby and search for two other players to join you on an adventure. Gameplay in FRAGMENT takes place in groups of three.

The game can also be played offline, where two computer controlled character become your group members. The adventures and characters you will meet span the entire .hack universe including comics, anime and games. You'll be able to raise your own characters Offline and take them Online, which worries me as it's an easy way to exploit the system. Many people are mistaken that it'll be a Phantasy Star Online experience, well it won't be. It is a RPG and although no gameplay specfics have been released, I would expect more of a Final Fantasy feel to the adventures.

Although they hint at using your PC as a server, I'm going to assume it's optional. If it's not, then I don't see the point of making it for PS2. Rather, they should use the PS2 harddrive and make FRAGMENT for PC as well, then allowing for player made dungeons to be tradeable, downloadable and uploaded via USB to the PS2. Those with PCs that want to make dungeons can download the tools from a site, that way they aren't left in the cold.

But until more info comes out, I'm not getting my hopes up. Bandai has made enough mediocre games, and although I like .hack//SIGN, I don't like Bandai. Just my two yen.[/FONT][/SIZE][/b]

[quote]The game can also be played offline, where two computer controlled character become your group members. The adventures and characters you will meet span the entire .hack universe including comics, anime and games. You'll be able to raise your own characters Offline and take them Online.[/quote]

I hope that Bandai IS smart enough to set up something where people with cheats enabled won't be able to access the internet version. I must admit right now I'm playing .hack//OUTBREAK with cheats like unlimited GP, EXP, and all member addresses. If cheats are allowed in fragment the game just wouldn't be fun. Will you be able to PK in fragment? I think that would be kind of cool.

Guest Shugo.hack
Hey when does .hack//GU and the Fragment one come to the USA? I cant wait to get them so can someone here tell me please?

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Shugo.hack']Hey when does .hack//GU and the Fragment one come to the USA? I cant wait to get them so can someone here tell me please?[/quote]

G.U. Is 'supposedly' coming out in the first quarter of 2006. EBgames says G.U. will be shipping in November, before fragment. Bandai says Fragment will be out before G.U.

All i have to say to EB is
"Dumb ***** get it right for once"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oishi_47
Something I would like to know is if it will have USB headset functionality.

[QUOTE]Although they hint at using your PC as a server, I'm going to assume it's optional. If it's not, then I don't see the point of making it for PS2. Rather, they should use the PS2 harddrive and make FRAGMENT for PC as well, then allowing for player made dungeons to be tradeable, downloadable and uploaded via USB to the PS2. Those with PCs that want to make dungeons can download the tools from a site, that way they aren't left in the cold.[/QUOTE]

I think the reasoning for not just making the game usable with the PS2 hard drive is that it would have to be fairly expensive, and considering how many people still don't own one it could be a big factor in who it's available to money wise. Also the new and slimed down PSTWOs aren't compatible with the hard drives, so that's even less people who could get the game. The PSTWOs have a built-in network adapter so allowing it to connect with the computer is the only way of connecting one of them to a hard drive at all. Though one more thing I was wondering about was weather there will be PKing, or like WOW, specific player versus player servers.

• 1 month later...
Finally! A fragment trailer. I've been waiting for a fragment trailer for some time now, and boy am I glad it's here. Here's the link:

[url=http://www.dothackers.net/]dothackers[/url]

There's a little title at the bottom that says .hack//fragment trailer released (posted October 17th). Click the pic and the download window will pop-up. Enjoy!

Oh my gosh. Protect Break.

That does not sound very fun. Sure, it was welcomed in the first four games, but it was an integral part of the story. Now everyone will be all, "omgz DATA DRAIN !!!1!!" or something to that effect.

BAH! I'll probably try to use it sparingly if it comes out in the USA, but I might end up being a data drain freak in the long run.

Hey, they used the same music as when I was making my trailer for my failed dot hack Rm2k3 game! Not surprising.

<3333333333

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE=RiflesAtRecess]Fragment was actually the original The World. It was hinted upon in one of the LIMINALITY discs that came with one of the games.

Basically, instead of entering three words like in the "newer" game, you would input letters, either spelling a word or just random jibberish, and be teleported to a randomly generated map.

It was basically the prototype to The World, and there's supposedly many secrets deep inside...

I'll have to watch that featurette again.

I'm glad it's free though, I'll be getting it for the PC...[/QUOTE]

It was also hinted about in the boards before you log into the game. Look under "test version of the world".

[COLOR=Red]there have been many forums about .hack//fragment. i don't really think the .hack//fragment rumors are that exciting because there was forums talking about .hack//fragment before school even started, maybe somewhere in summer vacation. but after all this time i still haven't gotten any information on the release date!!! :animeangr one of my friends said that they have the japanese version of it. i don't really know to belive him or not...[/COLOR]

[quote name='cherry blossom4][COLOR=Red']there have been many forums about .hack//fragment. i don't really think the .hack//fragment rumors are that exciting because there was forums talking about .hack//fragment before school even started, maybe somewhere in summer vacation. but after all this time i still haven't gotten any information on the release date!!! :animeangr one of my friends said that they have the japanese version of it. i don't really know to belive him or not...[/COLOR][/quote]

Yea, iv heard that .hack//FRAGMENT is already out in Japan, but idk why the taunt us with fleeting rumors and subtle hints o_0 Its driving me kr4zy and making me restless.
Oh yea, and I also heard sumthin about .hack//GU comin out in May in Japan. I kno that dosent help, but still...

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='SilentSecurity']I hope that Bandai IS smart enough to set up something where people with cheats enabled won't be able to access the internet version. I must admit right now I'm playing .hack//OUTBREAK with cheats like unlimited GP, EXP, and all member addresses. If cheats are allowed in fragment the game just wouldn't be fun. Will you be able to PK in fragment? I think that would be kind of cool.[/quote]

Heyy you know just because there are cheats doesn' t mean you have to use them. ^_^ i don't like to use cheats i think it takes the fun outta the game play although i suppose unlimited Gp would be nice because i'm always broke in that game :animeswea

Okay so lemme get this straight... .hack//Fragment is going to be an online version where you follow a set story line. or is itsuppose to be like the game The World. you know like the real create a character meet ppl and go through dungeons sorta thing? well watevr it is it sounds cool... but unfortunatly my computers software is waaaay to old. TT_TT

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. Please use the Edit function if you need to add something to the original post, as double posting is against the rules. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]