OtakuBoards

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Charles

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought about when I played that mission. Walking around with sawn-off shotguns also makes me think of Terminator.

My "Wow of the Day" for yesterday was when I discovered that you can hijack trains. I also found out that if you go too fast, the train will be derailed. I thought something was wrong when the back of the train separated from the front. Then the front went rolling down a hill into the water.

One thing I like about San Andreas is the addition of bicycles. It's my vehicle of choice (at least until I unlock helicopters) because it gives me more control, it's faster than some cars and motorcycles, and it can jump some obstacles.

P.S.: Does anyone know when Los Venturas and helicopters are unlocked? And is there a way to cut off nitro other than letting it run out?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 'Wow of the Day', lol: getting into unopened territory and seeing how far you can get with the police after you. XD I was taking a break from the missions today, which I've been doing a lot anyway, and decided to see how much of the map was actually unlocked for me to explore. I ended up finding various dead ends and road blocks and stuff, and eventually found that a lot of times, it will let you swim to the other side. Freedom at last! Or so it seemed.. As soon as you make your way onto the currently locked land, you automatically gain 4 stars and police are coming from every direction. You can still get pretty far, though, depending on how good you are at manuevering your vehicle, but I never had a chance to get to any towns or cities. I have a blast doing that, lol.

[color=#667F84]Ahh yes, that happened to me too. Although I stole a plane to do that; I actually managed a safe crash-landing in Las Venturas, although I was caught by the local cops soon after I landed. Still, it was a lot of fun.

I think that my biggest wow would be the last mission I went on [spoiler]where you have to meet with all of the families in that apartment building, and the cops raid the place -- the shooting mechanic works so beautifully in that mission and the car chase afterwards is awesome[/spoiler]. I think that's just another example of how the game breaks things up and does so with a great deal of polish.[/color]

Well I just finished the main storyline, and I must say it was one hell of a ride. :D

Not to give away any spoilers right away, but you definitely feel satisfied in the end. Everything wronged was made right again. Only problem was that the last mission was a breeze. As long as you have health and your favorite weapon (Me, M4 Carbine) skill maxed out you will be a-okay.

Now I could rave on and on about everything I experenced, since I have almost seen it all (I am at 89%). But I knew this game reached new heights when I reached Verdant Meadows (The abandoned airstrip).

This really wowed me: [spoiler]The Hydra. Plain n' simple. If you don't know what that is, when you find out you will fall deeply...deeply in love with it. It's a Harrier Jet Fighter, im sure you have seen them around they intercept you in the air if your wanted level is 5 or higher. They come complete with the VTOL ability, which really makes this plane shine brighter than the Rustler (WWII Plane) and the Stuntplane. You can lock on to other vehicles: air, land, sea...it doesn't matter. And landing it is easier than any other plane due to the VTOL ability. Just hover slowly and set her down nicely. Through the storyline mission "Vertical Bird" you get to keep the Hydra at your Airstrip for good. It will always spawn there for your destructive needs.

Oh yeah, since I mentioned it I might as well go into it. As part of the storyline, you are required to buy Verdant Meadows for $80000. Which is nothing to you once you are this far in the storyline. You complete flight school to advance the storyline. What really took me by surprise is the fact that you can go...wait for it...Sky-Diving. Yes, you can freefall from the games insanely high "roof" all the way to the ground. Of course you have a parachute and there are all new controls of safely landing CJ on the ground. If you bail out of a plane you are automatically given one so now a burning plane no longer means instant death. Another great thing about the airstrip...the airplane garage. Yep, their is a hanger where you can store up to four aircraft of your choice. Well any vehicle really, but it IS meant for airplanes. Also, another goodie was the JetPack. That, was reinvented the way I traveled. Forget bikes, forget the Hydra and Hunter...this was the only way to fly. And you could shoot a one-handed weapon also.

Another suprise? The AT-400. Say it with me, A.T.400. What is it? Why nothing short of a fully fledged airliner. Not the smaller private jets, which are called the Shamal(s). This one is HUGE! The largest vehicle in the game in fact. By no means can you enter it by conventional means, you have to use a ramp to get into it and if you get out, you can't get back in. But it is definitely a BLAST to fly. Also a challenge. You can find it ONLY in the huge hangar in the lower east corner of the Las Venturas Airport.[/spoiler]

[CENTER][B]~MAJOR SPOILER ALERT~[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER]-=Don't read this next spoiler if you don't want to know about the end of the storyline, I will discuss it in manner that assumes if you are reading it, you have compeleted most of the story=-[/CENTER]

[spoiler]Alas, I want to talk about the last mission. It really was quite the ending, I must admit. Mainly, because all hell is breaking loose in Los Santos. Tenpenny is put on trial but has all charges later dropped and the entire "hood" riots. Gunfire rings out and people go on total killing sprees. From there until you beat the last mission, you cannot leave Los Santos as the city is under blockcade by the SWAT tanks. Inside the city, everyone is fighting. The buildings are burning, and people are being killed everywhere. You can see random people now fight each other and sometimes even come after you. Cars will now spawn half-destroyed and some will blowup for no reason at all. The police now fire at you on site. Wanted level or no, you are just another rioter. Sweet calls during all this and decides that it was time to take down Smoke. Thus, you begin the last mission "End of the Line". Frankly, I thought it was quite sad when CJ finally confronts Smoke. Smoke calls CJ his homie and CJ tells him him(Smoke) that he doesn't deserve to even consider CJ a homie anymore and to ******* off. Smoke finally agrees to end this and a gunfight ensues. Smoke wears a bulletproof vest and cannot be harmed using auto-aim since he is impervious to all chest-fire. You must shoot at his head or legs. After that fight, Tenpenny shows up and demands that Carl stuffs his suitcase with Smoke's money (From a nearby safe). Tenpenny then leaves the building but not before lighting it on fire causing it to nearly collapse. CJ now has to get out before it actually does. Only problem is that the Ballas and Vagos have reoccupied the building and are making it much harder for CJ to escape. Now while dodging their gunfire CJ has to put out the flames around him in total darkness. Once outside, Tenpenny takes off in a Firetruck and Sweet (Who had been waiting outside this entire time) manages to jump on the back ladder. Hanging on for dear life, Sweet yells to CJ to follow. You have to follow closely while Tenpenny makes his way across the hell that is now Los Santos. The rioters are really going at it now, throwing molotov's everywhere lighting everything on fire. Sweet almost loses his grip when CJ catches him in his car. Now Sweet and CJ exchange places. CJ now has to constanly fend off rioters while Sweet drives after Tenpenny. It's total chaos in the neighboorhood, no one is safe. The police and rioters are now out to kill, gunfire is exchanged across the whole map. All the while, CJ and Sweet try to hunt down the cause of all this, Tenpenny. After a really, really lengthy chase. Tenpenny finally crashes and dies. CJ is about to put a bullet in Tenpenny's head when Sweet convinces him otherwise and they head home. The riots are later subdued that night, and CJ returns to life as normal.[/spoiler]

Whoo, what a trip. :D

[color=#667F84]You mean the first Wu Zi Mu mission?

[spoiler]I just completed that, it was actually my most recent mission. Basically what you'll find is that the first half of the race is pretty linear. That is, it generally follows a pretty even path with very few bends.

I noticed that the other cars started to have trouble keeping up at different points, as in, they were crashing and having their own problems. It's really in the second half where things are more difficult, because of the frequent bends.

The only advice I can really give you is that toward the end, you have to race through a farm. I recommend going over the ramp that leads through the barn there (it will shave off significant enough time if you are careful).[/spoiler]

Other than that, it really comes down to your own driving skill. I really don't like driving missions much; I find them kind of annoying. Usually it comes down to a mixture of both skill and luck. Hopefully you'll have enough of both to help you when you attempt it. Good luck!

Oh, also...before I go, I have a question for everyone here.

I went to the airport just near San Fierro (I forget its name) and I got into the area with all the aircraft. But they are all locked! I only found one small helicopter that I could fly. So I am wondering, is there a way to unlock them or am I simply not far enough to utilize the full variety of aircraft?

You may want to use spoiler tags when you answer. ^_^;[/color]

Well, no real need for spoiler tags but the answer for that problem James: Unlike the Los Santos Airport, where the Dodo and Shamal are unlocked, the planes at the San Fierro Airport are locked until you get your Pilot's License [I]legally[/I] later on in the game in flight school. And what I mean by that was this...

TAKE NOTE: If you aquire your license via flying around before Flight School (Hoping the gate in Los Santos and flying the Dodo or Shamal until your flying skill is high enough and rewards you a pilot's license) the game WILL NOT recognize it as an actual license and the planes at San Fierro will stay locked (And probably Las Venturas too, but I don't know since I had mine by then) and you will not earn one from Flight School as you have one already and will be unable to advance the storyline. I have seen this happen to at least 6 people already who had to restart their game over because they were unable to attain another license. So...don't try and beat the system! Flight School isn't that hard anyways...the last test will blow your mind away. In a good way.

Besides that, there are much more aircraft to discover beyond what you saw at San Fierro's airport. :D

*cough*cough*...Hydra...*cough*

[color=#667F84]Wow...that kind of surprises me. I mean, that almost seems like a glitch. You'd think that Rockstar North wouldn't have allowed such a problem to occur.

I'd also like to ask you, am I going to be in San Fierro as long as I was in Los Santos? I guess that mostly I want to know if I'll be able to access Las Venturas while I'm still doing missions in San Fierro. It'd be nice to open out the entire map [i]before[/i] coming to the very end of the game, in my opinion. Again, that's something you may want to consider spoiler tags for, although I think it's probably a good idea to speak in general terms anyway (since I'm not there yet myself).[/color]

Yep, definitely tags for this one. I won't try to reveal any story though.

[spoiler]As far as I know, you are stuck in San Fierro until you get a mission icon in Tierra Robada (That little plateau east San Fierro and the desert of Las Venturas. It's marked on your map that came with the game). Once there, you are still taking missions in San Fierro BUT you can drive all the way to Las Venturas, and explore it to your heart's content. Take note though, that now that the map has fully opened up plane crashes will now occur. Sometimes when you hear a plane over head it won't be flying by, it will be heading towards the ground in a fireball of fury. Just a warning, these CAN and WILL kill you at random if you aren't careful. They can also ruin some missions unexpectedly. Anyways...don't worry about Las Venturas being the end of the game. It's not. After Las Venturas and yet another city not IN San Andreas (Yes, you fly off to another city briefly. You will find out where...it will exceed all expectations.), let's just say now that you are a bit more settled...and it is now time to go reclaim what you once lost.[/spoiler]

Hope I didn't give too much away. :D

[color=#667F84]Wow, that's very interesting. [spoiler]I've already experienced a plane crash, actually; a plane crashed into the side of a mountain very near where I was. At first I wondered if I'd imagined it or not, lol.[/spoiler][/color]

I'm on Los Ventures myself and should be near the end now

A lot of people seem to have a problem with the flight school, I found it irritating too but I completed it within an hour, the plane controls kinda suck to be honest

I have some gripes such as how the framerate still sucks, the targeting system is atrocious sometimes, you try to lock on to the gangster directly in front of you who is shooting at you, and instead it locks on to someone in the crowd running away

I still love this game though, so much to do and the game area is so big, and before I forget, anyone manage to complete zero's mission with the RC Plane where you must shoot down 5 courier's? I just can't do it, I managed to kill the 5 couriers in a fast time but I couldn't make it back to the base in time before my fuel ran out :(

Yeah, Supply Lines was a real arse-kicker! Took me at least 4 or 5 attempts to beat the mission...but I completed it and let me say perfection is needed. Also, I found that the $5000 reward is ironic. :D

Here is what I did, in case it might help:

-First, don't target the van directly in front of you, make a hard left and kill the guy on the sanchez before he leaves the stoplight.
-Then fly over the building directly to your right and intercept the van you orginally saw. Hit the van a couple times and the driver will step out, shoot him. Try to do it on only one fly-by. What I mean is try not to miss, if you have to turn around again to shoot him you aren't going to beat the mission. Every bit of fuel counts.
-Now this next part involves some serious timing on your part, the next van is heading down hill. You HAVE to intercept it before it makes a turn (Sometimes right, mostly left). Keep shooting this van as this driver will not get out. The whole point of him not turning is so you can constantly lay down gunfire on him.

~By this point, you should have 3 down with barely any fuel gone. Literally, it should be around {[=====]_}. Any more and you aren't going to finish~

-Now you have to quickly fly over to the other two. Try to fly over building instead of following the streets (What I did the first couple times...)
-I went after the closest guy, who should be cruising around downtown. It's like 1 or 2 guys on a sanchez heading west. They move quite fast but still stop at stoplights. Try not to fly straight towards them but instead fly to a point ahead of them then turn and attack them head on. They will usually get off and shoot you making this an easy kill(s). NOTE:Not sure how many there is...but I think 2.
-Finally, you have to get the last van cruising around the docks. At this point, it will either be heading south on the road (What you want...) or north on the road (What you don't want...) If he is heading north just give up/restart/whatever because you aren't going to be able to catch him and [i]still[/i] have enough fuel left. If he does head south do the same thing with the last sanchez, fly to a point ahead of him and shoot him. Another problem though, sometimes he will get out (Again, what you want...) or he will stay in the van (A little problematic...) but at this point depending on how good a shot you are, either situation could still be easy for you. It's obviously easy if he gets out he can only take a couple of bullets before going down.
-As SOON as you see him go down flip around and make a beeline right for Zero's roof. You need as much fuel as possible at this point.

~I had just gotten the half a tank warning right after encountering the last van. I said ENCOUNTER not killed. If you get it after you kill him you will be more than fine on the way back. Nail the landing and you are done. If you get it just before killing him (Like me...) you will be cutting it close but will still make it if you don't mess up~

-Once you reach Zero's roof land the thing on his roof and this ridiculously hard mission is finally over. I made with with almost NOTHING left. About {[]____________} was what I saw.

Pat yourself on the back after beating this, you deserve it. Thank god his next (And last mission...) is a cake-walk after this. It's actually quite fun.

Plus I got my all time favorite CJ quote from it: "Damn! Y'all take this **** seriously!"

[QUOTE]TAKE NOTE: If you aquire your license via flying around before Flight School (Hoping the gate in Los Santos and flying the Dodo or Shamal until your flying skill is high enough and rewards you a pilot's license) the game WILL NOT recognize it as an actual license and the planes at San Fierro will stay locked (And probably Las Venturas too, but I don't know since I had mine by then) and you will not earn one from Flight School as you have one already and will be unable to advance the storyline. I have seen this happen to at least 6 people already who had to restart their game over because they were unable to attain another license.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I decided not to fly around to increase my skill.

I made it to Los Venturas and got stuck on the mission [spoiler]n.o.e. I finally delivered the supplies and on my way back I crashed. I don't understand why you need to take the plane back when you already delivered the supplies, or why you still have a time limit.[/spoiler]

I was getting frustrated and there were no other missions to do so I decided to play from the beginning of the game and save onto a different file. (big mistake) When I went to save I accidentally overwrote my other file.

Actually, I think I'm doing better on this file. I've taken over more territory, sprayed more tags, and increased my stats early in the game. Although [spoiler]Denise[/spoiler] broke up with me because I was too busy taking over territories. Is there any way to get a girlfriend back?

Inuyasha7271:
[spoiler]Get rid of the guys on bikes first. The ones in cars are less of a threat. Aiming for the driver will take them out quicker.[/spoiler]

My biggest dissappointment so far is that you can't modify Rhino Tanks. I really wanted to put hydrolics on one.

[size=1][color=red] I got the game the day it came out - I had it reserved.

I've only played it about 3 hours, but those three hours were really enjoyable.

I've played every title in the series, and enjoyed - but this game seems more enjoyable than them to me.

Our PS2's one of those crappy earlier models that has a weak disc laser, or whatever it was. So it stopped reading the game. Now our PS2 is getting cleaned again. At this point, I'm considering buying a new PS2 - when I go to college I'll need it anyway.

Anyway, great game, from what I played. I hope to play more, even if I am more busier, since it's senior year and all.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Mitch][size=1][color=red]Our PS2's one of those crappy earlier models that has a weak disc laser, or whatever it was. So it stopped reading the game. Now our PS2 is getting cleaned again. At this point, I'm considering buying a new PS2 - when I go to college I'll need it anyway.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[size=1]Ours at home had to be replaced once before because it just stopped working completely, it actually went as far to scratch my brother's copy of San Andreas so badly that it won't play anymore and had to be brought back. I was rather annoyed because I'd just started getting good at the game and [spoiler]acquiring territory off the Ballas and Hispanic fellas[/spoiler]. Plus I'd just managed to unlock the dual Micro SMGs.

The weird part is though that the replacement PS2 we got last Christmas or the Christmas before that (I'm not 100% on when it was replaced) plays all his other games fine. The guy at the shop said it might have something to do with the fact that we play the PS2 vertically, anyway we now have to send that one in for a maintenance and get a new copy of San Andreas.[/size]

Yeah San Andreas is cool with the bikes and hydroulics and stuff. But when your stuck on mission it just gets boring...

Many missions and many places to rome around but those games get boring when u know all the places by heart.
Its fun but not the greatest... :sleep:

• 2 months later...
lemme start with a question thas been buggin me 4 a while. in GTA San Andreas, has any1 found a barbor shop that has an "Afro". iv been lookin 4 a while, and i must have checked like all the shops. im not lookin 4 the hihg afro, or the blond afro, just the regular 1. if any1 has any info about this, plz post, thx

[color=#4B0082]I've merged this with the GTA: San Andreas thread. All questions about the game should be posted here. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

The first Barbershop you can access has a fairly normal 'fro. It's the one where in the beginning Ryder and CJ go to Cluckin Bell and Ryder tries to hold up the place. I know because that's what I keep on CJ. 'Fro, 100% muscle, no shirt, tatted out, and urban camo. Menace II Society, boi. *West Side*

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray][font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray]Ok, easy question, with the flight school thing.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray]But first of, *sorry for playing mod* You shouldn't triple post. It is considered spam here, and it can get you in a lot of trouble. I just feel that you should know before a mod comes, that you should edit your messages, with the button at the bottom of posts, and put the new questions there.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=1][color=darkslategray]Now on to the hunter question. I recommend checking out [url=www.gamefaqs.com]Gamefaqs[/url] for stratagies. Yet, I'll paraphrase it for you, ou should take off around 4 or 5 seconds, press R3 immediatly (that's an obvious) and climb steadily towards the corona. Also, falling, then rising does build speed.[/color][/size][/font]
[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=-3]Back into as in...back into the exterior? Like over the fences? Because that's easy as hell. Getting back into the interior portion, now that's a different story. If you already beat the mission where you steal the jetpack, then you won't be able to get back inside. Unless you go through bluehell.[/SIZE]

Now what is cooler than having Mr. T with four Hydra's in your plane hold? Nothing I say nothing.

If you want to learn how to make your guy Mr.T all you have to do is go to the barber place in your home townand it is the one further from your house on the map. Right now I can't think of where it is at the moment. But the name of the do is Mohawk with beard or somethin like that. Then you muscle him out. If you want to know how to get those Hydra's there are a few ways but one of them is teh cheatin way. Course I did it the hard way as getting my stars up max and waiting for a few to land but trust me that took forever. Overall I love this game. The best out of all GTA series.

[quote name='Sol-Blade][SIZE=-3']Back into as in...back into the exterior? Like over the fences? Because that's easy as hell. Getting back into the interior portion, now that's a different story. If you already beat the mission where you steal the jetpack, then you won't be able to get back inside. Unless you go through bluehell.[/SIZE][/quote]

i assume that bluehell is that glitch that lets you go where you shouldnt, like through walls and ****, and if im correct, that how do you do it?

[size=1]1: Kill Everybody in the gym in Los santos, spawn a jet pack.

2: Line yourself up with the door (don't worry about goign back through it as you can't wihtt he jetpack.)

3: fly upwards, you'll notice that you fly up and through the roof at this point, allowing you to see the gym below.

4: Now, place a marker directly above Denise's house, land on the roof of the gym interior and point yourself in the marker's direction,

5: head towards the marker, if you're on the right track, you should pass two peds walking in a box, keep on going until you reach the marker. There you should find a mysterious yellow interior triangle floating in space (if you cannot see it, look up and down to see if it is above below you.

Manuvuer the jetpack to the interiror marker and enter.

6: now you'r e in a motel, and the blackness is turned to a day sky, you cann now see many other hidden interiros around the place, so long as you keep level wiht the original motel, it is easy to get lost or fall to groun in here, and if you fall to ground, the height limit prevents you from gettign bakc up to the interiors.

7: have a look around for Area 69, I'm not too sure where in the interiors game map it is, but I've heard that it is there and so is Liberty City. Enjoy.

Note: There is a hidden tatoo parlour in the map that lets you get tattoos removed fromt he game. i haven't found that yet either
[/size]