OtakuBoards

Saddest Anime Moment

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
[center][color=red][size=3]Edited August 25th:
[b]Any further posts without PROPER SPOILER TAGS will simply be deleted.[/b][/size][/color]

[color=#6699cc]I think this is a decent thread--heck, I'm having a good discussion in it--but I am tired of editing posts in here. There's a sticky in the A Lounge, and directions on how to use them, in [i]boldface red type[/i], at the beginning of this thread. There's no excuse for ruining a show for someone else. Use the spoiler tags, or don't complain when your post is deleted. -Lore[/color][/center]

There alot of a great animes out there, but almost every single one has a sad, dramatic moment. There's alot of those moments and I'm asking "Whats the saddest one?" I think the saddest moment is when (FMA spoiler) [spoiler]Hughes(FMA) Died. Reason: His three year old daughter kept screaming, "Why is daddy in that box? When will he wake up?"...[/spoiler] Man, I can honestly say I cried everytime I saw that episode. :animeblus Anyway, what say you fellow otakus?

[color=red][b]If you post in this thread, USE SPOILER TAGS if you are going to reveal any specific elements of the plot. Enclose the spoiler text in tags like this:[/b]

[*SPOILER]I cried so much when FrankieBob died![*/SPOILER]

[b]but remove the asterisks. It would be courteous to [i]preview[/i] your post before actually posting, to make sure that the spoiler tag is working correctly.[/b][/color]

[color=#6699cc]Apologies for invading your post, ShonenSamuraiMugen, but in a thread like this, it is necessary. -Lore[/color]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saddest Moments for me huh? I have like three sadest Moments that are all tied together.

The first saddest moment was in fruits Basket its betweeen two scenes both are equally moving. One is when momiji talks about [spoiler]not having his parents, to be disregarded by your mother like that its just so sad and when he and Tohru hug and cry together even though he has changed forms[/spoiler] well it brings tears to my eyes.

The other moment is at the ver end of fruits Basket, to see Kyo the tough guy [spoiler]bring tohru into a hug and explain his true form while crying[/spoiler] well all i have to say is OMG it brings ears to my eyes as i think about it, any person who has seen the last episde of fruits basket will have to agree with me.

Also the Last sadest moment that i have ever cried about in an anime is when Chimbedee Srocket from G Gundam [spoiler]retold his hard past about clowns in Neo america and how he lost his mom, to top it off he even asked Rain to sing one of the most touching American songs in which he smiled lightly and referred to Rain as his mother.[/spoiler] ((I would name the song but i cant remember the name unfortunatly))

[color=6699c]I have edited your post to include spoiler tags. It's rude to reveal elements of the story (especially tragic ones) because other people reading this thread may not have seen the thread or movie you are talking about. If you are unsure of how to use the spoiler tags, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]read Dagger's sticky at the top of the Anime Lounge main page[/url]. Thanks. -Lore[/color]

ah yes, anime tradgeties.....im thinkin elfen lied right now...when the little kids [spoiler]clubbed the puppy to death[/color]....or outlaw star, when jim [spoiler]finally gets a girlfriend....he kills her[/spoiler]...i dont remember this one clearly, but i remember it enough to feel sad about it...

[color=6699c]I have edited your post to include spoiler tags. It's very rude to reveal such elements of the story, as there are people around who haven't seen the shows in question. If you are unsure of how to use the spoiler tags, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]read Dagger's sticky at the top of the Anime Lounge main page[/url]. Thanks. -Lore[/color]

[COLOR=Firebrick][SIZE=1][quote name='frubafan4eva][SPOILER']The first saddest moment was in fruits Basket its betweeen two scenes both are equally moving. One is when momiji talks about not having his parents, to be disregarded by your mother like that its just so sad and when he and Tohru hug and cry together even though he has changed forms well it brings tears to my eyes.[/SPOILER][/quote]Yes, yes! That scene takes the top spot! I bawled my eyes out when I saw that episode and I've yet to get over it. With that cheerful attitude of his, only a few would've guessed he had such a sad story.

Hey, I've got one! How about [SPOILER]Sayo's death[/SPOILER] in [i]Rurouni Kenshin[/i]? Not even the most tragic stories of unrequited love can match this. [SPOILER]Just when she was getting along well with Sano, she had to die. Yes, [i]die[/i]. It's as if this cute pairing was doomed from the start.[/SPOILER] The sidestory may be a tad irrelevant to the arc (then again, what sidestory isn't?) but it was worth every cel.

*sniff* So sad.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

To me, I guess obscurity is the only way to go. I know the majority of you have never heard of "Generator Gawl,"but I would have to put the full episode ten of that series as the all-time saddest moment in anime. I swear, I don't cry often, but that episode get's me every time.

I guess another incredibly sad moment would have to be the very ending of "Samurai X: Reflections." I just sat there staring at the screen, jaw dropped and moist eyed for about five minutes after the movie was over.

I was a little disapointed in said scene from FMA a me and friend waited a long while to see the 25th epsiode and i was very angry in the non- dramatic way it happened. I at least thought there might be a battle of some sort but no it was bang.

I have several saddest moment, most from Evangelion actually. i thought that the whole movie itself was pretty sad, (Big spoiler here[COLOR=Silver])[spoiler] when Misarto said just before she died, 'if i knew it was going to end this way i would have changed the carpet in the living like Asuka suggested'. Also where Asuka pushed shinji and he fell on the hot coffee, bruning his arm. [/spoiler] [/COLOR]
But threwout the movie i never, never felt sorry for Asuka she got everything she deserved.

[color=6699c]I have edited your post to include spoiler tags. Even with your warning, it's very rude to reveal such elements of the story. If you are unsure of how to use the spoiler tags, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]read Dagger's sticky at the top of the Anime Lounge main page[/url]. Thanks. -Lore[/color]

The saddest moment for me was the last episode of Escaflowne. [spoiler] Just when Van and Hitomi declare love to each other they are broken apart by fate, it was just so sad [/spoiler] I really want to see FMA's 25th episode because everyone is saying it is really sad.

[SIZE=1]Several things in Gundam SEED got me angry. One would be [SPOILER]when Mu La Flaga dies.[/SPOILER] OMG I was uber angry with that, I mean, next to some other famous character's deaths in the Gundam Series that I have seen, that death was the saddest! [SPOILER]Nicol's death was just flat out painful looking. I mean, getting sliced in half by one huge freaking sword!? The pain!![/SPOILER]

But yeah, the last DVD [SPOILER]Mu gets the crap beat out of him by Rau La Cruscet and comes back to the Archangel and just then the Dominion fires its Lohengrin positron blaster and Mu jumps in the way with the Strike and blocks the blast and says "I told you I'd come back!" and the KA-BOOM! There goes Strike. I was really sad in that whole part. Mu dying, then Captain Ramius firing on her former second-in-command. Though Natarle was already basically dead from her gun wounds from that jerk Azrael! Why they gave such a jerk an Angel's name I'll never understand.[/SPOILER] But yeah, that was the biggest scene that upset me.[/SIZE]

I think the saddest anime is Voices of A distant Star. I cried for like an hour after I watched it. It was really really good, but still very sad. [spoiler]It was just so depressing that they were in love but she was lightyears away and wasnt getting anyolder while he was aging normally. I really broke down when she sent him the text saying "happy 21st brithday from the 15 year old me"[/spoiler]

Hm, I cry pretty easy though. Like in Fruits Basket, I pretty much cried once an episode. It's just really sad. But no I think I cried most the first time I watched Cowboy Bebop. I was on the phone with my friend Matt and we were silent, just watching the final episodes until it got to when [SPOILER] Faye and Spike were talking and he tells her about his eyes and she doesn't want him to go. Gods that was frickin sad, watching her fire the bullets in the air and start crying because she knew she'd never see him again. [/SPOILER] I broke down at that point, it was just too sad. Matt had to comfort me but it only lasted until [SPOILER] Spike and Vicious battled. That whole scene of Spike running through the complex blowing crap up to Real Folk Blues was so intense and when he died at the end...yep, I lost it again. [/SPOILER]

Cowboy Bebop was one of the first animes to really grip me and to this day I still can't get through the first scene I mentioned without crying.

[size=1][color=slategray]Come on, what about the Cowboy Bebop sadness? [spoiler]When Gren requested Spike to place him in the space ship and send him off to Titan...[/spoiler] that totally broke my heart... I couldn't stop bawling. And whenever I see that episode, I still cry my eyes out for at least fifteen minutes afterward. I'm such a dork, but I can't help it... I love him, he was one of my favorite characters.
[spoiler]And Spike too, you just had to be sad when he died... or you just didn't have a heart.[/spoiler] Lol.[/color][/size]

i cried at the same parts sage. I cried the entire last two episodes of Fruits Basket. I cry really really easily though. I cried in the last 2 volumes of Pita Ten Manga also. [spoiler] It was just so sad that Shia died and then Misha had to leave Kotarou. But when he said "i thought i saw you one last time dressed fully in white" i cried a lot. [/spoiler]

I cried during the last two episodes of Fruits Basket too, Naru! It was just so sad when [SPOILER]Kyo held Tohru and told her that she was telling the truth when she said that she was afraid of him like that! And the whole deal with his mother being afraid of him, and always checking if he had his bracelet on!![/SPOILER] So Sad! :animecry:

I've written this down as the saddest moment ever for me in an anime atleast 20 times on these boards. The only time I ever shed a tear...

YU YU Hakusho the first episode, the wake always gets me... Always...

Other sad anime moments:

Hitsuji No Uta: [Spoiler] In the end the brother and sister die, it's so sad but I knew it was coming. Every moment leading up to the sister's death and the brother's suicide I was hoping something would save them. They had a chance to be saved too but they would not let themselves be saved. Damn that ending still bugs me. [/spoiler] If ya wanna feel sad for a while watch Hitsuji No Uta.

Trigun: [spoiler] Wolfwood, can't believe he died. The man tries to be like Vash and spare his teacher,but in the end gets killed for being a good guy. His death was sad and helped make Trigun into the great anime it is. [/spoiler]

Honorable mentions:

Voice from a Distant Star: Yep that anime made me sad too.

I'm surprised I didn't see mention of this one...

Grave of the Fireflies: It's just sooooo sad, from the beginning ya know the deal but it's still sad.

Although i cant deny ever being sad because of animes, they really never were tearjerkers for me

and ill add my sad anime moment:
in Princess Mononoke, [spoiler]the main character asukasa gets shuned from his village because he got cursed while saving the village, kinda sad >_>[/spoiler]

[quote name='Rave Master]in Princess Mononoke, [spoiler']the main character asukasa gets shuned from his village because he got cursed while saving the village, kinda sad >_>[/spoiler][/quote][color=#6699cc]It was when Kaya [spoiler]gave him that necklace[/spoiler] that really did it for me. It was such a sweet, sad moment.[/color]

Guest Flaming-chibi
I cried at the lasting episodes of Wolf's Rain where [spoiler]Toboe and Pop's got shot at...or was it?? But also cried when the rest died too!![/spoiler] :animecry:
Also on FMA when Nina [spoiler]was turned into that monster(doesn't know what it is called)
And Scar killed her out of mercy...that was sad too!!![/spoiler]

[color=#6699cc]You failed to pay attention to [i]any[/i] of the admonitions or warnings in this thread. When posting spoilers (something that reveals an important element of the story that might ruin a story, movie or episode for someone who has not yet seen it), USE SPOILER TAGS. I explained how to use them [b][color=red]in red text[/color][/b] at the top of this thread. I've edited your post to include them. -Lore[/color]

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Oh I forgot about YuYu Hakusho!!! Man, that was sad... The manga is even sadder. I know Digimon is not a very awesome show, but theres a sad part to that too. The sad part is when[SPOILER]Ken loses wormon and wakes up in the real world. The whole episode it talks about Ken letting his brother die, and how Ken never had any real friends. His brother was always the favorite, and got treated differently in Ken's eyes.[/SPOILER] You gotta see it...It's probably the only non lame episode on that show( no offense DM fans). What about the last episode of Paranoia Agent? Poor puppy! Oh thank you, Lore. Gosh I feel like such a newbie!

I don't really watch anime, but many years back I recall being bored and an episode of Cowboy Bebop was on, so I watched it because... well... there was nothing else on! It was [spoiler]some love story with that Faye Valentine girl and this one guy. I can't remember it all the way, but I recall it being sad. Except in the end of the episode, she rejected his ***.[/spoiler] As fun as that episode was, I dislike that show =/

I cried in End Of Evangelion also. It was the same part that duoikari mentioned...
I cry in almost every anime at some part. Episode 22 of FMA made me cry, and everyone says episode 25 is sad so I'm probably gonna bawl my eyes out. :animeswea

Guest ShonenSamuraiMugen
Naru, you are confusing me. FMA is my favorite series but I don't know all the episodes by their number. Could you tell me what happens in episode 22?

When [spoiler]Tsuzuki wanted to kill himself at Muraki's lab[/spoiler] at the end of Yami no Matsuei, I'm almost cried (and I don't easily cry o_O ). That poor guy can't catch a break.

I also thought that episode 8 of Fullmetal Alchemist was very sad... Poor [spoiler]Nina... And Ed... I felt so bad for Ed when he started crying for her in the alleyway.[/spoiler] :animecry:

[I]I[/I] felt bad for Ed when [SPOILER]Ed died on the second to the last episode. I was like, "O.M.G." And I promptly went and asked my brother, "HE ISN'T REALLY DEAD IS HE?! HE'S JUST OUT FOR A BIT, RIGHT?!" Sadly, when he DID come back, it was only for about 5 seconds.[/SPOILER]
It was also sad in FMA when [SPOILER]Al came back as a 10 year old with close to no memory of what had happened after he tried to resurrect his mother. I was crying so hard when he was talking about learning more alchemy so he could see his brother again. It didn't help, showing that picture of the two fishing.[/SPOILER] Both made me cry SO FRICKEN HARD ;-;

It was also sad in Samurai X when [SPOILER]she died. I mean, just because Kenshin loved her so much. Then she goes and gets herself killed BY HIM!![/SPOILER] But that didn't get any tears from me.

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
i can not think about any other anime that made me cry that way.
[spoiler]The way tomoe dies is so awful i think, thinking that she betrays her love by falling in love with his killer unwillingly. She desperately tries to hate kenshin and cannot do so and even worse she falls for kenshin so that she could not follow her path of revenge. But i believe in the end she really took her revenge by making kenshin kill her. The never-healing scars in his face always remind him of his guilty conscience for taking pure souls. He fights his way to be able to accept and forgive himself, for this reason reminiscence is also so sad. [/spoiler]