OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Sephiroth

[B]Updates! Spoilers! Updates![/B]

Unless [I]somebody[/I] didn't know this (which I highly doubt), several new (or old, depending on how you look at it) characters have been revealed to appear in Advent Children.
[spoiler]
Most surprising - yet most wanted - is of course everybody's favorite Mary-Sue [B]Aeris[/B]. She seems to appear on a supernatural field of some sort with her slayer Sephiroth - perhaps we can expect a duel in afterlife?

Just this week both [B]Cid [/B] and [B]Red XIII/Nanaki[/B] both appeared on a scan, but nothing else was informed about them.

A totally new character is a boy named [B]Denzel[/B], who apparently gets the Planet Scar Syndrome, aka Geostigma. There's a small picture of him bedridden with Marlene standing next to him.
[/spoiler]

Also, the official site contains lots of new stuff, including the profiles of Tifa, Barret, Vincent, Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz, and a marvelous [B]trailer in English[/B]! You absolutely have to go check that out!

Lastly, here's a link to the scans (this is a site in German, but one should be able to find what one wants pretty easy - just look for the name of the movie):

[url]www.squarenet.info[/url]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='satan665']If the movie is released on DVD and is popular, indie theatres might pick it up and play it. You can project DVD's on a movie screen even if they don't release a "film" version.[/quote]

Is that even legal?
Besides, achieving Aeris' L4 Limits is far from impossible. I'm only at the end of Disc 1 (second run-through) and I have her L4 plus most both of Cloud and Tifa's L3s. It just takes time and devotion. Lots of it.

And I must say that the official site trailers, both Japanese and English, are totally amazing. Like Sage said, if you havent seen them already, take a look. I don't care whether it comes out at the cinema first or just on DVD, just as long as it gets a European release.

Guest lockheartifa
[quote name='Sage][Spoiler']Most surprising - yet most wanted - is of course everybody's favorite Mary-Sue Aeris. She seems to appear on a supernatural field of some sort with her slayer Sephiroth - perhaps we can expect a duel in afterlife?[/Spoiler][/quote]

[FONT=Copperplate Gothic Light][Spoiler]There is a translated subtitle for that picture, which indicates that it is in fact Cloud who is standing with Aeris.[/Spoiler]

You can see the translated scans for yourself at [url]www.adventchildren.net[/url].

[CENTER]+++++++[/CENTER]

Anyway, I don't know how many times it has been argued here, but one question seems rather obvious: Aeris or Tifa?

(I know, you're tired of hearing this, but please bear with me.)

[Spoiler]From what I've seen, Advent Children may very well be shaping up to be a Aeris and Cloud affair, as some of the more recent scans have shown the pair standing together in a field of flowers...[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]And in one of the trailers, Cloud is talking to a woman and she asks him, (when translated from japanese) "Was the way I died a good way?" Odd question, I know, but this was what indicated that it was Aeris. And Cloud goes on to say "I decided to live...for you." [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]One theory I have heard was that when Cloud told Tifa that he intended to go to the Promised land to meet Aeris (at the end of FF7) he was talking about seppuku. In other words, he was considering killing himself just to see Aeris again.[/Spoiler]

If you listen closely, you can hear Aeris fans screaming with glee in the distance.

[Spoiler]But then, why did Cloud change his mind? Why didn't he just go to meet Aeris again? It could be that he is living for the sake of her memory, but that doesn't make much sense. I'd like to think that it was because of Tifa, but that's a biased opinion. (Although you can't completely rule out Tifa. I believe she has a vital role in FF7:AC.) And even if that was true, why did Cloud choose to leave everyone behind, to lead the solitary life as in FF7:AC? [/Spoiler]

Hopefully, Advent Children will provide the answers that FF7 fans have long awaited. Personally, I would prefer a Cloud and Tifa pairing, but I'm sure whatever choice Cloud makes in the end will be the right one.

Theories and/or corrections are welcome. Thank you for reading. [/FONT]

• 1 month later...
I haven't watched the latest trailers (the only one I paid attention to was the early teaser which Anime-Kraze subbed a while back). However, I have seen screencaps floating about here and there. I have to say I'm quite amused that pretty much every single character--up to and including Cid!--is rabidly attractive.

Tifa has a strange resemblance to Jennifer Love Hewitt, but no matter. My only real issue with the character designs is that Red XIII's eyes are peculiarly cartoonish; they make him look like a reject from Father of the Pride or something. It's a minor quibble, I know.

If Advent Children is indeed shaping up to be an [spoiler]Aeris and Cloud affair... well, I won't deny being madly pro-Aeris/Cloud (though I like Tifa as well).[/spoiler] Frankly, I don't expect the scriptwriters to provide any kind of definite conclusion to the main love triangle. It would be nice if they did, but I just can't see that happening.

~Dagger~

[font=comic sans ms][color=sienna] Wow...I just saw the E3 trailer and it was even better then the original japenese one. I must say im getting pretty psyched about this movie. The brief scenes that showed tifas fight scene where simply breathtaking.

This is the FF movie square should of made in the first place :p It would be grand if it was a theatrical release but im sure it wont be. I look forward to seeing vincent and red back in action...Hopefully in the next trailer :D [/color][/font]

It is now clear that the makers of this movie have managed to cram all important characters in FF VII into it. The most recent character to make an appereance is [B]Yuffie[/B], and there's even a screenshot of the redone flashback scene with Cloud and [B]Zack[/B] on the back of a pick-up truck.

Actually they're still missing [B]Cait Sith/Reeve[/B] and [B]Elena[/B], but I'm sure they'll be in it some way.

It makes me wonder how in-depht all these characters will be in the movie that is supposed to be only one and half hours long... How is it possible to cover up all of them?

I figured that they'd have to include Yuffie if they included Vincent, and vice versa.

So far I haven't seen any pictures of her, though--the girl I thought was Yuffie actually turned out to be Marlene. Could you provide links to images/screencaps showing Yuffie? I'm also interested in seeing the picture with Cloud and Zack, if that's at all possible. :)

~Dagger~

[color=sienna][font=comic sans ms] Here you go dagger...you can see that theyve aged yuffie nicely...Unfortunatly I could get a real good image of zack :rolleyes: But you can see his head at the bottom left of the page lol :p [/color][/font]

[url="http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2338/jp0823-1.jpg"]Click here for the image[/url]

[color=red][size=1]I've just provided a link here, because the image was so large that it was warping the thread. - James[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Xai][color=crimson]I'm usually not for movies based on games, but this one looks pretty cool. I like Cloud's hair.

Though it's kind of wierd since it's going to be 2 years after the game. :eek: I was under the impression that [spoiler]they all died(except for Red, of course) in the end.[/spoiler] FF7 had an open ending though, so I guess anything's possible.

What I'm wondering is if they'll release it in the states..[/color][/QUOTE]

Yah I geuss your right about the spoiler in ff7 at the end. But I've been looking at some neet advent children pics and the gangs all there. Whats really weird is that they have some places in the movie that look like places out of ff10 (If you've ever played it or not I dont know.) They got some really neat movie pics at some wesites I've seen. I geuss the new mane bad guy is the silver haired men. One of them is got a preety neat move. I'm sure that they will release it in the states probaly some time in the next year or two because of translation's.

Man, advent children looks amazing, and now that the characers are cg animation they look way cooler!!! It's coming out on the PSP, which makes me want the PSP now, lol. Advent children will be one of my favorite movies I bet. I'm glad Vincent Valentine is in it. I think the new silver-haired villain looks awesome, I'm guessing he is a villain right? It'll be so cool. I just can't wait!!

-MILZ

• 2 weeks later...
I think AC looks really good, however it has comepletly lost my ideal of Clouds super big spike on his head, he still looks gorgeous though. I don't know if i'm really in favor of Sephiroth's look, his face is a little narrow, but then considering his character it's alright, being mega evil narrow faces can work can't they?

Guest ninja_neko
although i'm more of a ff8 fanatic. seeing those pics of ff7, i can't wait to see the movie and there was this one pic of cloud holding a cellphone. i want that and i think it's going to be released too. but the thing is, it's only available in japan. :(

I have a site you can go look at it's mostly in Japanese but it does have some English.
Go to [url]www.squar-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/[/url]

I found this site a few months ago and found the trailers on it to be very interesting. One of the trailers is in Eglish the other Japanese. Watch both because they are different.

Enjoy, Skytiger.

• 3 months later...
I like Cloud's seiyuu well enough, but he seems to use the [i]exact same voice[/i] for every single one of his characters. This can be at least partially attributed to typecasting, I suppose, but I fear that I'm going to find it awfully distracting. Even while watching the most recently subbed promo, I kept having flashbacks to his past roles.

Anyway, said promo was quite exciting. The characters' movements seem to suffer from the usual vague awkwardness native to this kind of CG production, but the action sequences look bloody gorgeous. Maybe it was the fast cuts and camera-angle changes which helped keep that stilted feeling from settling in.

As a die-hard Aeris/Aerith fan, I was monumentally happy to catch even a fleeting glimpse of her. Heck, even Cloud looked better in that portion of the trailer--probably a side effect of being near her ever-lovely presence. :p

~Dagger~

• 4 weeks later...
In a few trailers I've seen a person in a shroud, is this Sephiroth himself that the leader of the Silver Haired Men is bowing to or is it Aeris?

Also where do the Silver Haired Men (S.H.M.) come from?

Are the also spawn of Jenova come to take the promise land? The reproductive outcome of sephiroth? Or just there to impeade Cloud from his mission?

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH *bashes head off table multiple times* I NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!

HEY!!! I just noticed somthing in a trailer I've seen, they decreased Tifas breast size heh heh, well it only makes her cuter.

[QUOTE=Sephiroth_unite]In a few trailers I've seen a person in a shroud, is this Sephiroth himself that the leader of the Silver Haired Men is bowing to or is it Aeris?
[/QUOTE]

The person covered up in the wheelchair is most likely Rufus Shinra. If you look at the cast list, Rufus is listed. The guy who voices him also does Roy in FullMetal Alchemist. The new trailer has the wheelchair person talking to Cloud, so you can hear who it is. There's also a lot of Shinra stuff on the wall behind him ^^;

[quote name='GTK']The person covered up in the wheelchair is most likely Rufus Shinra. If you look at the cast list, Rufus is listed. The guy who voices him also does Roy in FullMetal Alchemist. The new trailer has the wheelchair person talking to Cloud, so you can hear who it is. There's also a lot of Shinra stuff on the wall behind him ^^;[/quote]

Well that's just [i]silly[/i]. How the hell would [spoiler]a human being survive a blast of that size from one of the Weapons. And if he did survive it, the debris would've killed him at least.[/spoiler] That just takes away the glory of seeing what happened in FFVII, lol.

I honestly feel this film is just twisting events to fit as much content as possible. And I don't like that they're doing that.

[QUOTE=Zidargh]Well that's just [i]silly[/i]. How the hell would [spoiler]a human being survive a blast of that size from one of the Weapons. And if he did survive it, the debris would've killed him at least.[/spoiler] That just takes away the glory of seeing what happened in FFVII, lol.

I honestly feel this film is just twisting events to fit as much content as possible. And I don't like that they're doing that.[/QUOTE]

*shrugs* it could happen. People survive random events and end up injured all the time, so it's always possible [spoiler] that Rufus survived the blast, but was crippled or disfigured or some such... I mean, he's in a wheelchair and is totally covered up. Either that, or he's just crippled and covered up for the hell of it. [/spoiler]

There hasn't been enough released on the film to even say they are twisting the events of the game either ^^; And, in the case of Rufus [spoiler] I guess everyone just sort of assumed he was dead, ne? I mean, we never say a body, did we? ^_~ [/spoiler] But I'm a Shinra fangirl, so I'm just squeeing because we get Turks -and- Rufus... then again, like I said, wheel chair person is -most likely- Rufus. I didn't say it was 100% Rufus (but going off the info on the current cast list, it probably is because no one else is listed as being done by that seiyuu... unless SquareEnix is keeping secrets because they are evil?)

No actuall game events have been shown yet, minus a scene with Zack in the back of that... truck thing that lasted all of 5 seconds (which pretty much looks exactlly like it did in the game)... and that flash back scene of Sephiroth walking through the flames.

If it really is him, I'm definitely not complaining. I've always been a pretty big [spoiler]Rufus[/spoiler] fan, and he's probably one of my favorite male characters from the game. In my opinion, he would make a more interesting and unexpected "mysterious wheelchair person" than Sephiroth or even Aeris.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]If it really is him, I'm definitely not complaining. I've always been a pretty big [spoiler]Rufus[/spoiler] fan, and he's probably one of my favorite male characters from the game. In my opinion, he would make a more interesting and unexpected "mysterious wheelchair person" than Sephiroth or even Aeris.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I don't think that Aeris's comeback would be the sort to be "covered up, in a dark room, with a silver haired Sephiroth look-a-like"... I imagined some supernatural event or miracle for that. Although I agree, even if evidence in the original game's code seemed to show that the designers were planning to revive her, but just never got around to it, I wouldn't want to see her revived in the movie. It would lessen the strange impact it had on all of us who played the game, and were witness to her death.

*remembers the game fondly*

I think that Aeris may come back, but who knows. Along with Sephiroth. Here are my theories based on what I know:

[u]Aeris[/u]
Even though she had Sephiroths Masamune jabbed through her gut, it was her spirit that helped summon Holy and the Lifestream to stop Meteor from crashing into Midgar. So, even though it's unlikely, Aeris may be revived in the movie.

[u]Sephiroth[/u]
Remember in the game when Cloud has a flashback while in the Lifestream? [spoiler]Zack was thrown from Jenova's chamber. Cloud found him and took the Buster Sword, jamming it into Sephiroths back. Well, Sephiroth came out of the chamber room and placed the Masamune through Clouds stomach. But, somehow, Cloud was able to throw him into the Mako energy below the bridge area.[/spoiler] Due to that, Sephiroths body wound up at the Great Glacier/Gaia Heights/North Crater area. It was his conscienceness that went to Cloud on many occasions before you find the body. Cloud never REALLY killed Sephiroth except when [spoiler] you beat Safer-Sephiroth and you then used Omnislash against Sephiroth himself.[/spoiler] But, that STILL wasn't the body..

Sorry for the short FF7 history lesson. -cough-

When this new movie comes out, I'm gonna drag my brother out to Wal-Mart or Sam Goody and get it. By what the screenshots say...it will cause jaws to drop everywhere, even non-Final Fantasy fans.

>>Matt

Seeing the character covered up by the cape leads me to two guesses. I think him being sephiroth might be too obvious, and really not that great to make a new movie and just reinvent the same villian.

I think that it might be Rufus, based on him being with the turks in one of the trailers or that it may just be one of the numbered clones. The clone thing only comes to mind because he looks just like one of them, covered in the cape and all. There was always the guy with the number 2 in the midgar slums that you couldn't ever do anything with in FF7.

Well anyway you can only speculate so much, I'm just hoping that they will finally put a release date out for AC...I can't stand waiting after seeing the really awesome trailers.

I agree with [spoiler]the white-cloaked man in the wheelchair being Rufus Shinra[/spoiler] as he is in the cast list, plus you can see the person's sleeve in one shot (it's not like supporting fictional characters could ever change clothes or anything...).

Also, check out the NEW OFFICIAL SITE UPDATE! Info about Marlene, Yuffie, Cid, Reno, Rude, Denzel and Zack have been added to the Characters-sections (wonder why Red XIII isn't there...).

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=2][color=deepskyblue]From what I've been reading about in Advent Children, is that after Cloud kills Bamahut he see's Sephiroth walking away with his Masamune in his hand. Another note that person in the wheel chair, here's a clue Reno called him President. So for those who get it right will now know who this person is, on the other hand Cloud has a little flashback or memory relapse of him and Areith remembering their little past together. Strange yet odd enough people thought Lucrecia was the in that wheel chair *Pushes up glasses* I have alot of info on the movie, people in Italy got the see the movie or should I say part of it I do have the orginal yet best site to find all of this information out. Sephiroth is most deadlist yet the best character in the moive though people said he looks like Marlyin Manson with alot of make-up on. *Chuckles.*[/color][/size][/font]