OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Sephiroth

[quote name='Shen Kusanagi][font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=2][color=deepskyblue]From what I've been reading about in Advent Children, is that after Cloud kills Bamahut he see's Sephiroth walking away with his Masamune in his hand. Another note that person in the wheel chair, here's a clue Reno called him President. So for those who get it right will now know who this person is, on the other hand Cloud has a little flashback or memory relapse of him and Areith remembering their little past together. Strange yet odd enough people thought Lucrecia was the in that wheel chair *Pushes up glasses* I have alot of info on the movie, people in Italy got the see the movie or should I say part of it I do have the orginal yet best site to find all of this information out. Sephiroth is most deadlist yet the best character in the moive though people said he looks like Marlyin Manson with alot of make-up on. *Chuckles.*[/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

Care to share this super good website with us?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
Guest AdventCloud
[quote name='GTK]For the curious, there is now a 4th trailer on the official site Advent Children site... Not a ton of new footage, except [spoiler'] a new scene with Sephiroth at the very end of the trailer[/spoiler][/quote]

OK jus to let y'all know there is a new international site at square-enix [url]http://na.square-enix.com/dvd/ff7ac/[/url]

They only got 1 new trailer along with the 1 with the english narrator. The new trailer totally owns all of the other trailers so far. It's mostly battle sequences but still pretty cool. And subs too. Finally I don't have to go to [url]http://adventchildren.net[/url] to look fer translations.

ohh and by the way, doesn't Kadaj kinda look like Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty or is it just me? Just pointing it out.

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. Please use the edit function, as double posting is against the rules. Thanks - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[QUOTE=AdventCloud]

ohh and by the way, doesn't Kadaj kinda look like Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty or is it just me? Just pointing it out.
[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it ^^; he does look a bit like Raiden... Which is sort of scary (and, after the MGS4 trailer, extremely amusing. I won't be able to take Kadaj seriously now...)

I don't know how many people have heard, but the release date for Advent Children in the US is September 13th. This might change *shrugs*

They also announced that the special fuufuu version released in Japan will come with the following-

Tsutaya have put up details of a limited edition set, including 7 extra items. As well as included the contents already mentioned for the regular edition, it also planned to include:

- Cloud + Fenrir (motorcycle seen the in trailers) figure set
- Bonus DVD, including: OVA [original video animation] "LAST ORDER FINAL FANTASY VII", a Making Of video, the special Venice Film Festival version, AC trailers
- Voice recording screenplay replica
- A cap
- T-shirt
- Serial numbered keyring/holder
- FFVII International (Special LE packaging)

Japan gets AC Sept 14th, I believe. But this limited edition version is gonna cost 29,500 yen (which is roughly $275) The normal version will be around $45 (which is about normal in Japan for DVDs?)

Images of all that fun stuff can be found over here~

[url]http://www.jp.playstation.com/dvd/ffvii/index.html[/url]

I want it T_T

You can also now buy AC stuff at the US Square Enix shop ^_^ very cool~ They don't sell the Shinra pin though T_T *cries*

(randomly, the OVA looks pretty cool too O_O Squee for Zack XD *fangirl* the screen shot they show of Zack and Cloud makes me squee like stupid ^^; )

Not very many new screen shots of info lately, but Cait Sith is now included in the characters that will be in it ^_^

[center]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23802[/img]
[/center]

[quote name='Sapphire Flare][SIZE=1']hmm cait got a new pet. Or, a new master. I never understood his character too well...[/SIZE][/quote][color=#4B0082]I think that's just Red XIII that Cait Sith is riding on in that picture.

Really, though, I'm kind of hoping they'll keep his giant, stuffed moogle. Dunno about other people, but I always thought it was funny to have something as absurd as that walking around with the other, serious characters. I'd miss it, were it not included in Advent Children.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I think that's just Red XIII that Cait Sith is riding on in that picture.

Really, though, I'm kind of hoping they'll keep his giant, stuffed moogle. Dunno about other people, but I always thought it was funny to have something as absurd as that walking around with the other, serious characters. I'd miss it, were it not included in Advent Children.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yup ^_^ That's Red XIII that Cait Sith is riding.

I'd love to see the mog in Advent Children as well! Though, now that I think about it, the mog isn't in any of the Dirge of Cerberus screen shots O_o

It would be sad if the mog was gone T_T

Personally, i loved the WHOLE ENTIRE game of FFVII, and the fact they made a movie continueing on from where it left off, i am very excited about. I saw the trailer the other day, and to be honest, i was just astonished. Oh, and dont forget kiddies. The movie has two versions. Collecters has alot more crap, like a game, and some other stuff. Then after advent children is out, they are making a game, Dirge of Cerebrus. It's a first and third person actoin shooter following none other than the enfamous VINCENT. Yes. Im very happy square enix is doin this. I loved the game, and havent been as impressed by a game since FFVII.

[QUOTE=GTK]Yup ^_^ That's Red XIII that Cait Sith is riding.

I'd love to see the mog in Advent Children as well! Though, now that I think about it, the mog isn't in any of the Dirge of Cerberus screen shots O_o

It would be sad if the mog was gone T_T[/QUOTE]

Red XIII was a freakin cat, NOT A BEAR. That cant be him. Its too bear-like. Plus, where are the plumes. his scars. And don't forget, in the end of FFVII [spoiler]he had cubs and a wife somehow. I remember seein them. I think he's busy playin the father game,[/spoiler] rather than being a servant for some dumb doll who is controlled by a woman in a room full of computers. i mean, COMPUTERS CAN BE PRETTY HEAVY.

[quote name='Lostcause']Red XIII was a freakin cat, NOT A BEAR. That cant be him. Its too bear-like. Plus, where are the plumes. his scars. And don't forget, in the end of FFVII he had cubs and a wife somehow. I remember seein them. I think he's busy playin the father game, rather than being a servant for some dumb doll who is controlled by a woman in a room full of computers. i mean, COMPUTERS CAN BE PRETTY HEAVY.[/quote][color=#4B0082]Okay, first off, don't double post. Use the edit function instead, please, as double posting is against the rules.

Second ... have you ever actually looked at the official art of Red XIII? (See attachment.) Those two pictures -- the art and the movie shot -- look awfully similar. And the game never specifically says he's a cat, by the way.

Third, that scene of him [spoiler]with the cubs at the end of FFVII is preceded by a nice, little "500 years later" subtitle.[/spoiler] Advent Children is set much, much closer to the end of FFVII than that, so there's no contradiction with the game's ending there.

Fourth, [spoiler]Cait Sith is controlled by a man -- Reeves, to be exact -- not a woman.[/spoiler]

And fifth, don't you think Red XIII would be strong enough to carry around a small, robotic cat? I mean, come on, the thing can't be all that heavy, just considering its size. Red XIII isn't that weak.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
[spoiler]
Fourth, Cait Sith is controlled by a man -- Reeves, to be exact -- not a woman.
[/spoiler]
[/color][/QUOTE]

In the future, you may wanna use spoiler tags as I don't think everyone has beaten FF7 ^^;

I can't remember how long after FF7 Advent Children is taking place... somewhere between 2-7 years? Someone correct me?

[quote name='Lostcause']Oh, and dont forget kiddies. The movie has two versions. Collecters has alot more crap, like a game, and some other stuff. [/quote]

I already posted about that XD; If you wanna know what other stuff is included, I listed it all (or at least I think I did?) I still think the coolest thing is comes with is the Last Order OVA *fangirls all over the place* (they've released screenshots of it now... which include scenes of [spoiler] The Turks, Tifa, a solo shot of Zack, and Cloud and Zack is soldier uniforms.[/spoiler])

[quote name='Lostcause']Red XIII was a freakin cat, NOT A BEAR. That cant be him. Its too bear-like. Plus, where are the plumes. his scars. [/quote]

There are a few shots of Red XIII out there where it shows the flaming tail and scars, so it's obvious who he is. In one of the trailers, there's a pretty cool scene of him attacking some monster things (Or was it [spoiler]bahamet?[/spoiler] I believe Yuffie, Cid, and Vincent are in the same scene)

I have no life, so I'm posting those as well ^^;

[center]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23832[/img]
[/center]

the rest are attached and too HUGE to link to.

woah that's Red XIII? Yeah I agree with lostcause he really does look like a bear in that picture.

Oh yeah I vaguely remember the guy who used to work for [spoiler]Shinra in the game but he turned out ot be good... Hmmm I must've been drinking juice or something while I was pressing X cuz I just do that sometimes >.<[/spoiler]

[quote name='GTK']In the future, you may wanna use spoiler tags as I don't think everyone has beaten FF7 ^^;[/quote][color=#4B0082]Yeah, true. *adds them* People have been throwing around references to the game's ending and whatnot, also. Guess I should pay a little more attention to the use of spoiler tags in here.

But then I do have to wonder, if someone doesn't even know FFVII's complete story yet, why are they reading a thread about Advent Children -- a continuation of that story? Just the info about the movie itself will end up having spoilers relating to the game.[/color]

Since a few people asked, I went and looked up the time frame... Advent Children takes place [b]two years[/b] after FF7. [spoiler] So the fact that Red XIII looks nothing like he did in the FF7 ended makes a lot of sense ^^;[/spoiler]

[quote name='Sapphire Flare']woah that's Red XIII? Yeah I agree with lostcause he really does look like a bear in that picture.[/quote]

It's really just that one shot ^^; Did you look at the others? It's pretty obvious that Red XIII is a cat...thing.

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Yeah, true. *adds them* People have been throwing around references to the game's ending and whatnot, also. Guess I should pay a little more attention to the use of spoiler tags in here.

But then I do have to wonder, if someone doesn't even know FFVII's complete story yet, why are they reading a thread about Advent Children -- a continuation of that story? Just the info about the movie itself will end up having spoilers relating to the game.[/color][/QUOTE]

Some people start the game and never finish it, but like it enough to check out Advent Children ^^; I have a friend who never finished the game, but is totally excited about the movie and OVA. He's currently playing FF7 again so he can beat it and catch up on everything ^_^ There might be lots of people like that XD;

And, for the curious, here's an image of the figure of Cloud and Fenrir that comes with the limited edition.
[center]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23851&stc=1[/img]
[/center]
...And a screenshot from the Last Order OVA ^_^
[center]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23852&stc=1[/img]
[/center]

So it looks like they are certainly making the Limited Edition worth the price O_O All the extra goodies looks great~

For those interested, it looks like you can pre-order the normal version at Play-Asia.com ^_^ They have both the normal version, the Limited Edition, and what looks like a First run Limited edition (special package it says?) version of the normal version O_o; (these are all Japanese, btw. I can't seem to find a place that is taking US pre-orders?)

Haha, personally, I'm gonna try and find a friend to split the cost with me XD; *needs Cloud/Fenrir figure and OVA*

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Action Figures... Never liked them :/

Lol. Hey, have any of you heard of Final Fantasy: Before Crisis?

Their official site for it is all in Japanese so I couldn't get much on it, but they are putting it on Nintendo DS. Or so I've heard....

The only other time I've heard of FF games on Nintendo is on game cube, and that game was a big failure. "Crystal Chronicles" I belive it was? Anyways it was plotless fighting and let a bunch of people down, but I wonder if this one will be better?

On topic:

He's a cat? O.o? Wasn't he like... an experimental wolf or something? He was used in an experiment somehow... genetic engineering or whatnot...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Sapphire Flare][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Action Figures... Never liked them :/

Lol. Hey, have any of you heard of Final Fantasy: Before Crisis?

Their official site for it is all in Japanese so I couldn't get much on it, but they are putting it on Nintendo DS. Or so I've heard....

The only other time I've heard of FF games on Nintendo is on game cube, and that game was a big failure. "Crystal Chronicles" I belive it was? Anyways it was plotless fighting and let a bunch of people down, but I wonder if this one will be better?

On topic:

He's a cat? O.o? Wasn't he like... an experimental wolf or something? He was used in an experiment somehow... genetic engineering or whatnot...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Before Crisis is a cell phone game (about the Turks or Shinra, as far as I can tell). I seriously doubt it'll be put on the DS, though there are rumors of it being released in the US (I think?).

though speaking of Before Crisis, the OVA animation looks really simular to the animation shown in the Before Crisis commercial... wonder if the two are related? (maybe the footage of the Turks in the commercial is in the OVA? They released a screen shot of the Turks for the OVA that looks really simular to a scene from the commercial.... or maybe it's just me.)

(and Crystal Chronicles was pretty worthless)

And, yes, Red XIII is a cat. Or, at least, it was allways assumed he was? He looks like a cat to me ^^; i mean, he looks like (for lack of a better comparison) a lion with a flaming tail. ([spoiler] though he was experimented on by Hojo, I don't believe Hojo altered him in any real way[/spoiler]... someone correct me if I'm wrong?)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm just planning on hoping against hope that the R1 release will include the OVA, because there's no way in hell that I'm paying the equivalent of US $250 simply for the sake of seeing Zack animated. The other extras fail to move me (if it were an Aeris figure, on the other hand, I might be sorely tempted). I find myself feeling rather bitter about the fact that the OVA apparently isn't part of the regular LE set, as I would be far more willing to cough up the money for that. Gah.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=GTK]
And, yes, Red XIII is a cat. Or, at least, it was allways assumed he was? He looks like a cat to me ^^; i mean, he looks like (for lack of a better comparison) a lion with a flaming tail. ([spoiler] though he was experimented on by Hojo, I don't believe Hojo altered him in any real way[/spoiler]... someone correct me if I'm wrong?)[/QUOTE]

*uses spoilers to make sure no one reads this inadvertently*

If I remember correctly, [spoiler] I think Red XIII was actually some sort of mythical creature... didn't they mention his father, who looked too much like him for Red to have been experimentally made, and the fact that he was in line as a protector of some sort? I think that Hojo had gotten his hands on him to study him, but didn't actually do anything to him yet.

[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
It is a direct sequel to the videogame Final Fantasy VII, taking place two years after the end of the game. But rather than being a playable game, it is a fully animated DVD-movie.

A new threat has appeared in the form of a strange disease called Geostigma, and at the same time three mysterious silver-haired men search for their "Mother". The movie basically tells how the heroes - and villains - of the game are doing two years later, and adds depth to the original story.

The movie comes out in Japan the 13th September, and although it was supposed to be released in US the next day, the 14th, just [I]today[/I] news have surfaced about a delay in the US markets. It is now aimed to be released during the holiday season, meaning December.

There's no information when the movie will reach the European shores, though.

Advent Children is also part of the so-called "Compilation of FFVII", including the mobile game Before Crisis, handheld-game Crisis Core and the first-person-shooter Dirge of Cerberus (So it's FFVII: AC, BC, CC and DC). ;D

EDIT: Stoopid me, of course there was a [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=31540][u]thread about Advent Children[/u][/URL] in the "Play It"-section! I've even answered it! Duh!

Maaaaaan! thats one thing I cant stand about squar-enix!
every time they announce a new final fantasy coming out I get my hopes all up and that next thing I know they delay it!!!!! :mad:

:animesigh

Well anyways if you dont know what it's about you can go to the offcial web site. :catgirl:

It has previews of it and everything!!!! :D

check it out. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Osaka]Maaaaaan! thats one thing I cant stand about squar-enix!
every time they announce a new final fantasy coming out I get my hopes all up and that next thing I know they delay it!!!!! :mad:

:animesigh

Well anyways if you dont know what it's about you can go to the offcial web site. :catgirl:

It has previews of it and everything!!!! :D

check it out. :animesmil[/QUOTE]

Yea, I completely agree with you, this movie was supposed to come out sometime last year, I think, but then they delayed it. :animeangr

I've been waiting a long time for this movie, and I hope that it's TRUE that it's coming out next month. But, I also heard that it would be 200 and somethin bucks if you wanted to get extra features, or somethin like that. :animestun

[QUOTE=Howlingvampire4]Yea, I completely agree with you, this movie was supposed to come out sometime last year, I think, but then they delayed it. :animeangr

I've been waiting a long time for this movie, and I hope that it's TRUE that it's coming out next month. But, I also heard that it would be 200 and somethin bucks if you wanted to get extra features, or somethin like that. :animestun[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
200? ********. Even the full Gundam: Wing series is only 100 CDN. No way they could charge 200 for one movie. Ludicrous. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][color=darkred]
200? ********. Even the full Gundam: Wing series is only 100 CDN. No way they could charge 200 for one movie. Ludicrous. [/color][/QUOTE][font=Verdana][color=blue]No way indeed. It is a standard DVD and will therefore come out at a standard price. They will not be charging $200 for a DVD any time soon.[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]I see $50 at the very most and that's only if they decide to sell a collector's edition DVD.[/color][/font]

I'm so stoked about this movie coming out. My best friend always keeps me updated about it, and finally the release date is coming up.

Anyway, I had a look at a scanned article from a Japanese magazine and the price is looking pretty steep. According to the article, the release date is the 14th of September, but the prices seem to vary: 4800Y for the normal publishing (roughly 50$) and an amazing 29500Y for the limited edition publishing (near 300$).

[URL=http://photobucket.com/albums/v112/botoman/?action=view¤t=ff7acprices.jpg]FF7 Advent Children Prices[/URL]