OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Sephiroth

[QUOTE=botoman]I'm so stoked about this movie coming out. My best friend always keeps me updated about it, and finally the release date is coming up.

Anyway, I had a look at a scanned article from a Japanese magazine and the price is looking pretty steep. According to the article, the release date is the 14th of September, but the prices seem to vary: 4800Y for the normal publishing (roughly 50$) and an amazing 29500Y for the limited edition publishing (near 300$).

[URL=http://photobucket.com/albums/v112/botoman/?action=view¤t=ff7acprices.jpg]FF7 Advent Children Prices[/URL][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Either A: the artical is wrong, or B: Anyone buying this movie is getting seriously taken for a ride.[/COLOR]

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read in one of my gameinformer magazeins and the article that I read said that square-enix is planning on remaking FFVII for the Ps3!!!

BUT :shifty:

there is a rumor going around that it's just a demo.
the author said it was some video previwe at E3.
so I think that might raise sum questions.

I dunno :huh:

[QUOTE=Osaka]I just read in one of my gameinformer magazeins and the article that I read said that square-enix is planning on remaking FFVII for the Ps3!!!

BUT :shifty:

there is a rumor going around that it's just a demo.
the author said it was some video previwe at E3.
so I think that might raise sum questions.

I dunno :huh:[/QUOTE]

Yea, I heard about that too, but what I know is that they're not even gonna make a ffvII for PS3 the footage that they showed was just to show what the graphics would be like for new final fantasy games on PS3.

That SUCKS! why do they have to go and tease the Final Fantasy VII fans. :mad:

[quote name='Howlingvampire4']Does anyone know what exactly is in the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children special edition pack?[/quote]

Go to [url]http://www.adventchildren.net[/url] and see for yourself. ;) There's loads of info on that site about the movie, but also some spoilers, so you might want to steer clear from such sections as "story" and "screenshots"...

[font=Verdana][color=blue]People know as little about the price as they do about the specifics of the package. What it really comes down to is there is no reliable information about the price or what the movie comes with so it's really not safe to assume that you will have to pay $300 for it.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]We're assuming that there will be a limited/collector's edition set but that isn't confirmed either. A Japanese article just isn't enough to prove that it will cost that much in the United States.[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Actually I can clear this up for you. All together its called "Advent Pieces" and it costs about 300 US dollars and comes with:

Advent Children (the movie) with special features and "Making of" disk.
Last Order (the FF7 short anime that's supposed to go with an upcoming game called Crisis Core)
A Cloud Figurine with his motorcycle "Fenrir" to go with the Tifa Vincent and Sephiroth figurines you can buy now.
A shirt, cap, can/cup thing, serial #'d keyring, and perhaps a few other small items
FF7 international edition game.
And a voice actor's script.

However all us lousy Americans get is...
the movie and a special features/making of disk, all for about 30 bucks. No plans on releasing the limited edition or even just the anime here...

Probably the best place to go to for info is [url]www.adventchildren.net[/url] they have a huge forum there and even some cool fanart, not to mention pictures of all the things I just described. Hell I think I have a picture somewhere... oh here it is.
[IMG]http://akibablog-plus1.on.arena.ne.jp/2005-07-23-607.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I know that piracy is a big issue these days but when its not your doing I tend to think that its alot less...drastic. Such is the case of the Advent Children leak.
Benefited me because I got to see it, with English subtitles might I add, and let me tell everyone that whatever has been said or hyped up about it is, in fact, true.

I'm not spoiling any details, unless you want them spoiled in which you may contact me via IM, but I will say one thing. Everyone makes a triumphant comeback.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I've been hearing of this movie for ages(or so it seems). I'm looking forward to it, although I've never played the game. I don't have the correct system for that. :rolleyes: Final Fantasy things still intrigue me all the same. I love the artwork, which is the main reason I want to see the movie.

My brother showed me a clip of it that his friend had sent him. First clip I've seen of it, since I never bothered to download any myself. Graphic wise it looks excellent.[/SIZE]

Hojo had just started his experiments with Aries and Red XIII right before Cloud, Tifa and Barret showed up. Both Red XII's grandpa (although he's acsended to semi-human form because of his age) and father are the same species as him, so as far as genetic tests, I don't believe Hojo was able to do anything TOO drastic. Yes they are wolflion-like, but they are their own species.

I do have a question though, how was Red XIII able to have cubs? Wasn't he and his grandpa the last of their kind?

I was going to start a new thread but I figured I'd get told off and have it combined with this thread anyways.

On to the point, I've seen Advent Children! Albeit in Japanese with subs but hell, if the subs (or even the actual voices for that matter) were done in Wookie it wouldn't detract from the over all awesomeness of this film! ...Well, maybe it'd get annoying but meh.

When I first heard of this film I was expecting an awesome film but after actually watching I was totally blown away. The complete dedication to detail and the over all look and feel of the film was sheerly breath taking.

Whether they do actually release the 'Pieces' version for you 'Mericans and us Europeans I have only one thing to say...BUY IT!

I would so love to go into detail about the film but many people will probably hate me for ruining the film.

Let's just say that every character plays their part and the final conflict is awesome.

And if you're a fan of Cloud...this film is definately for you. ^_^

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if anyone wants to talk about the film you can email me at [email][email protected][/email] or AIM me with AJCMetallica or MSN with the email addy

Nice, I ordered me a copy for Lik-Sang and just have to wait forever to watch it now. This is me dodging any and all spoilers ;)

I know that it will be nothing short of completely awesome for any FF7 fan, I just can't wait until I see some of teh battles from the trailers borne out as extended and complete scenes.

Awesome Unicron avatar by the way!

[color=#4B0082]Right, so I went and downloaded Advent Children. (I know, it's less than legal, but I'm going to be getting it on DVD when it comes stateside anyway. Seeing it early has only confirmed that even more.) I'll post some thoughts about it, but be aware that there [i]will[/i] be spoilers -- though marked with spoiler tags of course -- so don't get pissed if you highlight them anyway and have something ruined for you.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, and as mentioned, I'm definitely going to pick up the DVD when it's released in the US. The fight scenes -- and there were a lot of them -- were amazing and a lot of fun to watch. Having played FFVII a lot, I already knew Cloud was badass, but there's only a few scenes in the game that really show it to its full extent. In Advent Children, it goes above and beyond. Seriously, he does some crazy ****.

But while Cloud was awesome, I was a bit disappointed in the other party members' roles. [spoiler]Tifa had some good parts, and Vincent had his bit in the Forgotten Capitol, but the rest of them seemed like they were thrown in just so that they'd be in the movie. They pretty much came out of nowhere for the fight with what I'm guessing was a summoned Bahamut, and they kicked ***, but it was very shortlived. I was expecting more from at least a couple of them.[/spoiler]

The story. ... I guess it was okay. Obviously I wasn't expecting an hour and forty minute movie to have the same depth as a 70 hour game, but even so, I could tell they were putting the action first and the story second. [spoiler]As cool as the Cloud vs. Sephiroth fight was, there was still that, "Wait a minute, how is that supposed to work?" moment when he first appeared. Maybe more is explained outside of the movie in some form, or maybe the fansub didn't pick up on everything, but it seemed like there were some plot holes.[/spoiler]

I have to agree with MajinVegeta about the sheer level of attention to detail that was put into the movie, though. I noticed a lot of little things referencing the game that made me smile. [spoiler](The bit with the victory theme ring tone, especially, was classic.)[/spoiler] And being a fan of game soundtracks, I really enjoyed listening closely and picking out the songs from the game that were remixed in Advent Children. I'd be really surprised if I caught all the little details just from my first watch, too; there's got to be more that I didn't pick up on.

In the end, I don't know that I'd call Advent Children a masterpiece or anything, but I think anyone who's a fan of the game will enjoy it. I certainly did.[/color]