OtakuBoards

What a Nasty place!!!!!

Dan L

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I believe you mean Lake [i]PLACID[/i']. They have the I love NY Horseshow there..[/color][/quote] [FONT=Palatino Linotype]No, I double checked Mapquest just to be sure, there's a Lake Pleasant. It's around the southern Adirondack area.[/FONT]

[color=#6699cc]One of my favorite placenames around here is [b]Oconomowoc[/b].

It's fun to say, it's fun to read, it's fun to spell, and it's really fun to watch strangers try to pronouce. :)

([spoiler](Oh KAHN uh muh walk[/spoiler])[/color]

[quote name='Panda']There are a couple of places that come to mind when thinking of funny town names. One is a small town in California that my hubby and I drive through on our yearly trek to Anime Expo. It's called Weed. We usually stop there to get gas for the car and they always have these shirts and things that say: "Get High in Weed". I have a magnet from there and bought a shot glass for my friend for her collection.[/quote]
That's probably the same Weed that's mentioned in [u]Of Mice and Men[/u]. My English class laughed when they read the line that said that they "ran out of Weed".

[quote name='Angel]That's probably the same Weed that's mentioned in [u]Of Mice and Men[/u']. My English class laughed when they read the line that said that they "ran out of Weed".[/quote]

[color=darkviolet] [i]I[/i] just laughed when I read that.

I work for a science supply company, so I get to see a lot of diifferent places. Today I shipped stuff off to somewhere named Research Triangle in North Carolina. I kid you not.
[/color]