OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy Series

TailTactics

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Yeah, same here! Hey,I have the import of FFX-2 soundtrack, but it's all in Japanese! I really wanted to hear Real Emotion and 1000 Words in ENGLISH!! Do you guys know if there's a sountrack that has 'em in English??[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm pretty happy, I just got four Final Fantasies in One week:

FF IV
FF V
FF VI
FF: Crystal Chronicles

And I got Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Front Mission 4. No, I'm not a fanboy, there was a huge price drop in them, and Front mission was free.

But anyway, I just got to the part where you get in front of the castle where Tellah's daughter is in in #4, and [spoiler]the whole freakin' place gets bombed!!! :eek: [/spoiler] I feel a little bad that I giggled a bit, but I couldn't help but laugh when Edward said, "They blitzed us..." :animesmil

Why is that so funny? :rolleyes:

I haven't played a lot of FF5, but I'm pass the part when you face-off against Siren...

And in Six, Terra went in front of the [spoiler]esper and went berserk![/spoiler] Wow...

Pretty much all I need now are FF7 (which my brother owns), FF3 (which never came out here) and FF11 (can't get online yet...:() and I'll own them all!!!

:p [/FONT] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Ahh yes, FFIV and FFVI are really good games. FFV seems a little to bland though... like tofu.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][font=georgia]Bah, I feel a not so FF fan now, just because I haven't played at least 5 of them. But I'll list the ones I have played and/or still playing.

[b]FFV[/b]: Honestly, I can say this Final Fantasy is...okay. I don't find it terribly boring, but I don't find it exciting, either. I sometimes find it hilarious, but sometimes I feel like I'm playing Pokemon on a GameBoy rather then a Final Fantasy. The Job system doesn't particularly annoy me, but it isn't a favorite aspect of the game for me. I just switch jobs now and then, just to be different while playing.

[b]FFIII/FFVI[/b]: Two words - Kick ***. I'm not very far, but it's awesome as far as I've gotten. I've played this on Super Nintendo, but that was what...one to six years old? I watched my brother kick Kefka's ***, and successfully die at least four times. I remember watching a scene, I think it was in this game (pretty sure it was), when [spoiler]someone's parents fell into a crater, or something like that; all I know is that it sparked something emotional in me.[/spoiler] All I have to do is find my hidden RPG energy somewhere in my body right now (since I've drifted away FF games since I got into the City Building Series by Sierra), and I'll get back to this.

[b]FFX[/b]: The great graphics made a big plus for me when I played this game from beginning to end. Although I found it very straight forward, but really not too challenging, I enjoyed it. Blitzball isn't my favorite, but I beat the Luca Goers thank goodness. A nice variety of characters, interesting places, and the very annoying Seymour. (Remember him at Gagazet? Pissed me off with his Zombie crap.) Loved the aeons, to the point where I decided what the heck let's get all of them. Omega Weapon was a good challenge, but I was lazy at that point and just killed him off with the Magus Sisters. What was aggravating was getting that 0:00.0 or something time in the Chocobo Race in the Calm Lands to get something for Tidus' Weapon. Took me a freakin' hour.

[b]FFX-2[/b]: This was actually my first FF played fully through (I technically first played FFIII/FFVI, but not fully, only parts), and damn was I pissed when I saw I only got like 46% completed by the end of the game the first time I beat it. Sidequests [i]do[/i] matter. The battle system appealed to me, and the dresspheres were definitely a plus. A bit corny with dialogue, but it was ignored. I can see why this game is bashed though, but it didn't come off as overly girlish to me, even based around a kind of romantic approach. Of course, I missed the aeons, and even [spoiler]that temple in the Calm Lands. Don't ask why, I thought it was a cool place.[/spoiler] [spoiler]Vegnagun WAS easy though, although the bosses in Bevelle Underground in the final chapter make up for it.[/spoiler]

I've always wanted to play FFVII though, because so many people I know have said it is one of the best FF games.[/font][/size]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='Kanariya][size=1][font=georgia]Bah, I feel a not so FF fan now, just because I haven't played at least 5 of them. But I'll list the ones I have played and/or still playing.[/font'][/size][/quote]

Eh... You only need to play one to be a fan. ;)

And I really liked the job system of FFV. It made it feel like you could customize your characters in anyway you want.

Ninja. White Mage that could use Black Magic. Geomancer the could use Magic Swords. And Super Monk. That's my group.

Oh, and in FFVI, Sabin is still the best. :p [/FONT] [/COLOR]

Guest cloud stirfe
[QUOTE=Anime Pet][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Oops! Sorry! :animeswea
So, has anyone recently played any Final Fantasy games? And when does Advent Children come out?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
hey why do you worry its coming in december 2006.i know how you feel about it because even i cant wait till it comes in.

Actually good news! Final Fantasy Advent Children is released in English April 25th! a little later than first planned I know but it's better than December. I think this only counts for an American release but you can always import.

Here's the voice actor list that I found

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
Kadaj: Steve Staley
Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
Reno: Quinton Flynn
Rude: Crispin Freeman
Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
Loz: Fred Tatasciore
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
Reeve: Jamieson Price
Tseng: Ryun Yu
Elena: Bettina Bush
Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
Girl: Andrea Bowen
Zack: Rick Gomez
Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
Sephiroth: George Newbern

Yeah I'm sure I read somewhere on the internet that she does the voice for Aerith in Kingdom Hearts 2. I know it isn't the same voice actor as in the first one, they probably couldn't get her to do work on the second game.

The only two voice actors on the list that I know include Crispin Freeman who did the voices of Albedo for the Xenosaga games, Regal for Tales of Symphonia and Albel for Star Ocean: Till the end of time. I'm pretty sure he also did a voice on the anime Hellsing but I havn't seen it. The other voice actor I know is Christy Romano who did the voice for Yuffie in Kingdom Hearts.

This is also good news for a Dirge of Cerberus translation, all the main characters are there all they have to do now is find people to voice the new characters and they are away.

[color=#4B0082]Yet another thing to add to my "must buy" list for 2006. Feels like money's getting tight, and I haven't even spent much for the year so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the dub can live up to the Japanese voices. Watching a fansub, the only voice that didn't immediately click with me was Cloud's (I imagined his to be a little gruffer I guess). All the others I thought were perfect.

Prefering subtitles most of the time, however, I'm not familiar with any of the listed English voice actors. I guess it gets to be a surprise for me.[/color]

Got a little info on a few of the actors for those of you who are too lazy to do some research. ^-^

Have fun!

George Newbern (aka Sephy) does the voice of Meyvn Nooj from FFX-2 and is also the new voice of Superman from the Justice League Unlimited series. Incidentally he is also the voice of Danny from a few episodes in an early series of Friends.

Christy Romano (aka Yuffie) is also the voice of Disney’s Kim Possible and also Ren Stevens from Even Stevens (Also by Disney).

Quinton Flynn (aka Reno) is probably most famous for his role as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2. He also does the voice for Iruka in the Naruto anime and plays various background parts in a lot of FPS games and other minor parts in various series. He also acts as Isaaru in FFX. Something I also didn’t know despite how obvious it was is that he also acts as The Human Torch in the Fantastic Four cartoon, as well as Spider-Man and the Hulk, where he also plays The Human Torch. He is also the voice of Johnny Quest from the series of the same name.

Steve Burton (aka Cloud) also played Mr. Strife for both Kingdom Hearts games as well as also playing a lot of minor parts in shows I’ve never heard of. He also has a part in a very old episode of Days Of Our Lives.

Rachael Leigh Cook (The fabulous Miss Lockheart) appeared as Josie in the Josie and the Pussycats movie. She also has a part in Batman of the Future (Or Batman Beyond, whichever you prefer) Chelsea. She also has many minor parts, again, in shows that I’ve never heard of as well as playing Devon in Dawson’s Creek.

Steve Staley (aka Kadaj) is a very busy man, lending his voice to many, many anime including Naruto, MS Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Ah! My Goddess, Cardcaptors, Digimon, Wolf’s Rain, Hand Made May, Gungrave and Akira (amongst other things). He also lends his voice to the gaming community in Suikoden, Tales of Legendia, Star Ocean and Red Faction II.

Wally Wingert (aka Mr Shinra himself) frequently gives his voice to bit characters in Family Guy and American Dad. He is also known as Dr Cloud in Doom 3. He also appears in the Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law cartoon as various people. He also voices Maximo in the game of the same name (Maximo being a modern day version of the classic Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts game). He also throws his voice into games such as Tales of Symphonia (Remiel), Dino Crisis 3 (McCoy), Enter The Matrix (Various) and the last few Tony Hawk’s games. He also appears in various Star Wars games and Digimon.

Dave Wittenberg (aka Yazoo) is also a very busy man in and out of Anime. He appears in various Anime including :hack//, Appleseed, Cowboy Bebop, Digimon, GITS: SAC, Lupin III, Neon Genesis Movies, Please Teacher/Twins, s-CRY-ed and Wolf’s Rain. He has also aided the gamin industry with ;hack//, Star Ocean, Xenosaga and Viewtiful Joe.

Fred Tatasciore (aka cry-baby Loz) has provided voices for The Hulk, various characters in American Dad and Family Guy as well as many other games and series. He also provided the voice for Samuel L. Jackson in Team America and had bit parts in MGS3 and Vampire: Masquerade.

Steve Blum (aka Vincent) is widely known for his voice work as Spike (Cowboy Bebop), Kazuma (s-CRY-ed) and Roger (Big O). He also plays a more laid back role as Jamie in the pseudo-Anime Megas XLR. He has also appeared in many more Anime’s, Including Trigun, Ah! My Goddess, Fushigi Yugi, Yu Yu Hakusho, Macross Plus, MS Gundam, Chobits, Guyver OVA and many parts in Digimon.

Beau Billingslea (aka Barret) is probably best known for providing the voice of Jet from Cowboy Bebop. He has appeared in CSI: Miami, Death by Degrees (Tekken’s Nina spin-off game), Ravemaster, The West Wing, :hack//, Star Ocean, Xenosaga and Wolf’s Rain. He also had a large part in the Halloween H20 movie and was the narrator for Outlaw Star. Interestingly he also provided the voice of DeeJay in the Animated Street Fighter II movie.

Chris Edgerly (aka Cid) has provided voices for many games and series, including Tales of Symphonia, various parts in Kenan and Kel (Brings back memories), The Punisher, Everquest II and Halo 2.

Gregg Ellis (aka Cait Sith) has acted in Shark Tales, Mr And Mrs Smith, 24, Star Trek, The X-Files, Titanic and The Angry Beavers (What a classic!).

Liam O'Brien (Red XIII) has previously provided the voice of Shobu Kirifuda in Duel Masters, Gaara in Naruto and Dion Landers in Star Ocean amongst others.

Jamieson Price (aka Reeve) has acted in Castlevania, Gungrave, Digimon, :hack//, Star Ocean, Cowboy Bebop, s-CRY-ed, Vandread, Big O, Mezzo and many more.

Bettina Bush (aka Elena) has acted in Rugrats and that’s about all that’s worth mentioning. She also had a part in My Little Pony apparently.

Grace Rolek (aka Marlene) has only one other voice credit, which I could find. She voices ‘children’ in a movie called Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Andrea Bowen (aka Girl with the Moogle doll ^-^) has acted in The Cat in The Hat (Sally), Desperate Housewives (Julie Mayer) and Bambi II (Faline) apparently.

Rick Gomez (aka Zack) has appeared in the Animatrix (pilot), FFX-2 (Gipal), Sin City (Klump) and in various other things.

Mena Suvari [aka Aeris (or Aerith)] is probably most famous for her roles as Heather in American Pie and Angela in American Beauty, amongst other things.

Finally, I’m done after about 2 hours of searching. The few actors that aren’t there (Tseng and Denzel) aren’t present because I couldn’t find anything on them right now. Maybe with more extensive research I could find something out, but until then…meh

• 2 weeks later...
i really like the final fantasy games, the one thing i like most is there not all the same peolpe ,that to me is pertty cool!:catgirl: and the other thing that cool about it is all the song on the games but don't konw who wrote the song do any of you know?

Most of the games music is composed by the living legend himself Nobuo Uematsu. He writes the music for pretty much all of the Final Fantasy games, allthough he wasn't involved with the music for Dirge of Cerberus.
There's also the occasional song written by other artists such as Eyes on Me from Final Fantasy VIII, which from my research was written by Faye Wong, please don't kill me if that isn't correct. For the most part though Nobuo wrote the songs, and did an awesome job I might add.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=2]does anybody know when an english version of ff7 advent children is coming out?
i got a copy of the japanese version but the translation in the subtitles is kinda off.
im fine with my copy but i would prefer and english version so i can know exactly what they are talking about when they speak really fast.[/SIZE]

Kind of (very) late, but I've got to say that all of the research that Andrew did for his post is much appreciated. Rachel Leigh Cook, Mena Suvari, and Crispin Freeman (and later Christy Romano after I realized that she is Christy Carlson Romano lol) were the only voice actors I recognized by name right away, but I'm actually familiar with many more of the actors than I realized, haha. Vincent with Spike's voice = fantastic. :)

Why do people say FF7 is the best final fantasy when there are clearly many other better ones. My personal favs is FF9 and FF10. Personally I hated FF7 beacuse A. I thought the story was weak B. even for that time the graphics sucked C. the gameplay is flat out borrrrring. Thats just my opinion.

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I think people say that FF7 is the best Final Fantasy because it was such a groundbreaker for the series. Maybe they don't mean it has the best graphics (I hope not!!) or storyline, but in the aspect that FF7 really brought the FF series alive (I think) and was the best PS1 game at the time, I think it's the best Final Fantasy. It all depends how you look at it. I think the best, so far, is FFX, but that's just my opinion, see? :animeswea [/COLOR][/FONT]

I actually do love FF7 because of it's [B]intriguing storyline[/B] (it honestly had a minimal amount of clichés - at least at the time it was released), [B]varied characters[/B] (Aeris was no weakling, there were two persons in your party that switched sides at one point, villains were the most memorable I've seen to date - and I'm not talking about just Sephiroth here, but Turks and Shinra Corp as well), [B]fun battle system[/B] (with a customizable skill-learning system and a very original roster of monsters to fight), [B]many optional sidequests[/B] (including two secret characters), and [B]detailed environments[/B] (I could spend hours just gazing all the details in the interiors and dungeons - no 3D game has managed to achieve such variety).

[B]Avenged666fold[/B], would it really hurt that much to give reasons for your opinions? Because you give a pretty ignorant picture of yourself by just saying "story was weak, graphics sucked, gameplay was boring". What made you think like that? Why?

Uh, now I sound like a crazy fanboy defending his favest game till death, but I realize and approve that FF7 isn't everybody's piece of cake. Much of the opposition it gets, I reckon, comes from those who actually enjoyed the game while playing it, but don't want to be labeled as a FF7-fanatic (which I've seen is some sort of curse in today's FF-fandom).

Am I right on this? Do so many FF-fans really hate FF7, or is it just because you are supposed to hate a game that popular?

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Unfortunately, Sandy, I think that you're right. People want to be accepted by other people, and if they come across as "fanboys" or "fangirls" they won't be. The sterotype of gamers is still a popular image, and FF7 has gotten some of the most attention (for whatever reason.....). I think, that because it's so popular, people are either going to reject it because of it's popularity, or accept it because it's a good game. I've played it, and I'm certainly not ashamed to say I like it. :catgirl: I'm not going to say it's my favoritest ever game!!! or something like that, but I do think it was a groundbreaking game and should be given credit it deserves.
However, I think some people also go overboard praising the game, wihch makes people hate it as well. (I'm not saying you guys do!) But I don't think as mant people hate FF7 as we seem to believe - sometimes the minority seems the majority, when they're the loudest, remember. Either way, their loss.
That's just my opinion. I have no clue whether I'm making any sense or not - it's hard to type it down!! And no, I don't think you sound like a fanboy, Sandy. ;) [/COLOR][/FONT]

Hmm maybe I was being a little overcritial. But I get really P.O.ed when someone says"OMG OMG FF7 IS THE BEST GAME EVEEEER!!!"My blood boils. Ill admit the game had a decent story anf groundbreaking graphics*grit grit*. But I think it is far from the best. Its list time.

FF Games that are better than FF7(in order)

FF9(story is much better, characters are much more memorable, better setting,INVINCIBLE!!!!)
FF10(Much more innovative graphics for the time,again better story,again better characters)
FF tactics(better gameplay/graphics/characeter)
Kingdomhearts1,2(dont know if they count but if they do all of the above reasons)
FF4(Better gameplay,cooler story) There.

[QUOTE=Avenged666fold]FF Games that are better than FF7(in order)

FF9(story is much better, characters are much more memorable, better setting,INVINCIBLE!!!!)
FF10(Much more innovative graphics for the time,again better story,again better characters)
FF tactics(better gameplay/graphics/characeter)
Kingdomhearts1,2(dont know if they count but if they do all of the above reasons)
FF4(Better gameplay,cooler story) There.[/QUOTE]

Well I can't say I agree with that list but it's your opinion so that's awesome. For me though FFVII is my favourite game (I'm not a fanboy honest). I just really like the story, music and the characters etc and it also brings back a lot of cool memories.

Although I don't see how FF Tactics has better graphics, but I havn't played it in a while, maybe you're right. I also disagree with the FFIX having more memorable characters and a better story too, but that's just me.

Oh and I read somewhere today that Advent Children is out in the UK in April 24th 2006, so that's some awesome news for us UK FFVII fans.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Im buying advent children. :cool: Maybe it will shine some light on this game for me. But im beating Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 first.[/quote]

lol, i highly doubt itll shine some light on it, you pretty much need to know the game to know what the hell's going on in the film lol