OtakuBoards

How do you pronounce your username?

DBZgirl88

[font=trebuchet ms]Contrary to popular belief, my user name is actually pronounced "Ree-fools-ate-racers."

Kidding.

You know how to say it. You can either say it as fast as you can to emphasize that it is one word and not three. Or you can say it with pauses in between the words so it's nice and dramatic-sounding. Your choice, I don't care.

Most people just call me R@R, RaR, Rifles, or Rifle anyway, lol.[/font]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#790A43][b]/Ree-fools-ate-racers/[/b]: Sounds cute. Not bad. Gonna call you "Reefools" henceforth. Bohahaha!

[CENTER][u]Kwik n' Eesi wei to sei [b]Raya[/b][/u][/CENTER][INDENT][b][i]Ra[/i][/b]: "rah" minus the /h/, basically. Same "ra" in [i]ra[/i]pture, [i]ra[/i]mpant, Saku[i]ra[/i], and [i]Ra[/i]iyuu (because it must be emphasized!)
[b][i]Ya[/i][/b]: pronounce it as you would the ya's in [i]ya[/i]cht, [i]ya[/i]rd, [i]ya[/i]nk, and "[i]ya[/i]ranaika?"[/INDENT][/COLOR]

Tyler is pronounced as it looks, But Koregaten (which happens to be my real last name) is pronounced "coor-uh-gyah-ten", not the popular pronounciation "core-gate-n". Why is that my last name you might ask? Because I am in fact from Denmark and Koregaten is the 4th most common last name there. HOWEVER if I were to go to Denmark (and I do often, have a house there), and I had to sign my name for some reason, I would not write "Tyler Koregaten" that's just the English simplified version. I would write "Teiler Køregåten" which is grammatically correct in Danish.

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Haha.
Good thing we have this thread, an awful lot of people don't know how to pronounce my name XP

Color - kuh-ler (though it should be colour, if I wanted to be uber Canadian.. I was stupid when I signed up =P)
Me - umm.. yeah, self explanatory (as if my whole name isn't.)
Evil - E-vul.

Yeah I hope everyone found that informative. =P I had fun.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Dagger']I've always had a really hard time with "Desbreko." It shouldn't be a difficult name, but my eyes keep wanting to read it as "Debresko." I'm sure I've typed it that way in a couple of threads, too.[/quote][color=#4B0082]That happens way too often. . . . I mean, seriously, what's wrong with you people? :p

For the record, I pronounce Desbreko as Dehs-breh'-koh.[/color]

I think everyone knows how to pronounce mine. If I could change it, I would. Definitely. What was I thinking, Gold Scorpion? I think it would be cooler with a K instead of a C. And all in caps.

As for my... erm... paragraph in German there, if you can't speak German, don't even try. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

Dun dun dun... my real name. I know, I've said my name was Kyle before, and I think Mike. But my real name is kind of hard (not really hard) to pronounce.

Shain Mikael.
Actually pronounced Shay-in Mi-kale
But nobody really pronounced it that way so now I pronounce it Shane Michael.

[COLOR=#004a6f][quote name='GoldScorpion78']I think everyone knows how to pronounce mine. If I could change it, I would. Definitely. What was I thinking, Gold Scorpion? I think it would be cooler with a K instead of a C. And all in caps.[/quote]You can change your username if you want, I think. All you have to do is PM one of the admistrators (Dagger or Desbreko).[/COLOR]