OtakuBoards

Name an anime that you can watch over and over

meka2003

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If theres a anime I can watch over and over again it should be pretear, its at least 12 episodes long and theres alot of humor while fighting demons(well there sort of like demons). oh and I can't forget the romance were the hero and villan both have feelings for one guy.

I'd have to say Full Metal Alchemist and FLCL. Full Metal Alchemist cuz it helps me collect my thoughs and it's so awesome and especially cuz I love to oogle Roy! I think I've watched Episode 13: Fullmetal vs. Flame 43 times and Episode 25: Words of Farewell around 67 times. I need FMA to get up in the morning, other wise I'll be groughy all day, so I guess that explains it. And FLCL because every time I watch it, I discover something new. Once I actually figure out everything, but then I didn't watch it for about three months, and I watched it again, and I had forgotten everything.

Golden Boy. That show is hilarious. Im not usually into the cheeky sexual humor but this one actually is funny. Samurai Champloo I watch on a regular basis. Each episode is so good and this show is my favorite as far as the art style goes. Gundam 08th MS team is also very good. Ive watched Genshiken a few times but now it just sits on top of my TV.

gonna have to go with Fruits Basket on this one. seems like i get something new out of it every time. one of those 'feel good' shows :)

as for just plain funny, i say FLCL. the random senseless violence is funny, the way haruko acts is funny. its just funny!

yes, i have Fliktonic Kipple Waver Syndrome, why do u ask?

Guest Ralonzo
Haibane Renmei. Best ever IMO. Every time I need a spiritual uplift I plug this in. Haven't regretted watching it any of the many times I have.

I haven't seen Elfen Lied enough times to stop squirming yet. That's a completely different (perhaps diametrically opposed) experience to HR.

[QUOTE=DarkDragon][CENTER][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I watch [B]Fruits Basket [/B] over and over and
each time I finish the series I get kinda of
mad because I hate where it ends....
but I still keep watching it.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I deffinately agree with this one, I watch Fruits Basket over and over and over! Oh yeah and believe or not Sailor Moon! And some Fullmetal in between those two!

[Hayao Miyazaki] Well I can watch Hayao Miyazaki's Shows all day!
I have 3 DVD's of his at the moment, and they are;
-Spirited Away
-Kiki's Delivery Service
-Princess Mononoke

But I could watch spirited away over and over again, no matter how boring it could be for you, that's your opinion not mine! Woo!
That's why I chose this avatar, containing Chihiro.
It's sooo cute!

[quote name='wayofthreversed']Princess Mononoke I don't know why but I can watch it constantly I just love the whole story[/quote]I'm going to have to agree with wayofthreversed, I can watch Princess Mononoke over and over. I think the characters are wonderful, the storyline is engaging and never tiring, the themes present are just expressed so well with the story and animation. The English voice acting is also of high quality... I would say what really does it though is the creative elements: the spirits and the way they are portrayed in Princess Mononoke.

I would also watch Tsukihime Lunar Legend again. Short, sweet, extremely creative as far as storyline goes, and the visuals? Truly beautiful. I don't think there was one character in there that bothered me (except maybe Arcueid's conservative style of dress, I realize that sounds silly but it kind of irritated me). Remarkable series though.

Lastly my favorite series, Last Exile, I wouldn't mind watching again and again until the cows came home. Emotionally engaging, great storyline, stunning visuals and a loveable cast of the most unlikely anime characters (at least the combination of all of them, which I thought made the series even more unique), marks Last Exile is one of those rare "I'll gladly watch it yet again" type animes.

Given the fact that the worlds in the series are so well thought out, creative, and drawn to utter perfection, YamiBou would be another example of one. I could just randomly select an episode and watch it without paying the main storyline any mind at all (each episode is stand alone and yet interconnected with the main storyline, something which is very useful when you want to watch a series but don't have a lot of time on your hands).

All right, well those are my selections. =^.^=

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Izumi_Maryann
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I would definatly say Full Metal Alchemist! It's so good! The action makes it so you never get bored of it and it made me cry a couple of times. I just bought all 51 epis on DVD yesterday *crazy look* Lol I looove Ed he's so cool but Al is cooler when he gets his body back. Is that a spoiler? Eh oh well it's a good spoiler. He looks cuter than Ed then :catgirl: Right now I downloaded the music from all 4 of the OSTs including The Shambala movie one. :D I also love how they mix in real alchemy. I hate it when people say that the circles aren't real for transmutations because they are. I've seen circles or heard about them used in magic and in UFO's to promote antigravity in their flying which makes them so fast. ^_^ Anyways I'll watch it over and over and over and over until I get tired of it. And I probably won't get tired of it until A. I find out somehow it's not true B. I get tired of science or C. When I get tired of researching things which probably won't happen ;) Well it's coming on again heh 4 am I'm such a geeky insomniac XD Bye! PM me if you'd like! *waves*[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ominous-aura]I could watch FMA over and over again. I just really love that show. Every episode can make me laugh or cry at a moments notice. And there's so much mystery, I love how the puzzle slowly unravels.

Also Kare Kano![/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I totally agree with you, ominous-aura. I could have seen an FMA episode a million times, but I won't stop laughing or crying because I really love the show.

Also, Fruits Basket, D N Angel and Hayao Miyazaki's films because all of them are so addicting and I also like the music to these animes as well[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT]

Guest Large_frys_leon
[quote name='meka2003']Name an anime that you can watch over and over again and not get tired of[/quote]

TriGun and Naruto. I could probebly watch those a couple of times over. I must have watched the trigun episode when they first met with vash. As for movies go, I would choose samurai 7 or akira.(sure there long but good)
First post \/\/00+! :animesmil

[quote name='IceRose']I've watched Spirited Away more than 8 times, its cute, romantic, adventurous, good plot and all. I think its the best.[/quote]
Really? Well I bet I have watched it WAY more times than you. I can watch it everyday if I felt like it and, of course, have the time---which I don't. But anyway, it's a really sweet movie and I like it a lot.
:animesmil

[QUOTE=CloudsOnly189][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I totally agree with you, ominous-aura. I could have seen an FMA episode a million times, but I won't stop laughing or crying because I really love the show.

Also, Fruits Basket, D N Angel and Hayao Miyazaki's films because all of them are so addicting and I also like the music to these animes as well[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Green]LOL i agree. I can watch FMA so many times its scary! I am in love with the DVD's. I can read the manga over and over. It's so funny. I still laugh at Fullmetal VS Flame and still cry at Parting Ways -Words of Farewell in America- :animecry:

Witch Hunter Robin I can watch a lot too. Don't know why. I still get pissed at the end cause they haven't come out with the second season yet. :animeangr There are some others but I can't remember them right now.... Oh yeah Cardcaptor Sakura too! Not that I see it anywhere now.[/COLOR]

Guest Fullmetal06
There are probly a few animes I can watch over and over again and not get tired of them. But the ones I can think of off the top of my head are Noir, Ranma1/2, Excel Saga, and Fullmetal Alchemist.