OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your OB username?

Guest kuroinuyoukai

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=trebuchet ms]My screen name comes from a band that was disbanded a year after they formed, and a week before their cd hit the shelves. They never made any money from their decent success. Their cd, [u]To Whisper in Tongues[/u] still holds one of Tribunal Records' top spots in sales after about two years. Not bad. If you're interested in a song from them, IM me.

Why did I pick the name? Number one, for shock value. It makes people like Stuart introduce themselves to me with the words "When I first saw your name I giggled a little." Number two, I identified with this name because I was called "the next Columbine killer" all through middle school. I was picked on constantly, welts on my face, etc.; and I would come home to my parents just coming home from work and bickering about how bad their day was. My life sucked until mom threw her back out, sad but true.

So RiflesAtRecess it is. Kind of rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?[/font]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]Usually I went by the name Purplefire since thats usually what my screenname or what I was famously known as or as the "evil guinea pig scientist" (dum dum dum). Don't ask. But when I came to Otakuboards, I wanted a new start and a new name. I guess I came about Pumpkin the same way Panda did, as a nickname. "Pumpkin" is usually a term that old ladies call me in the street and also that I'm adorable like I'm 5 still. Why I would choose this? Who knows? maybe 'cause I'm a crazy girl who likes churros. It was just a change is all.

So far, it seems that everyone on here has changed their username atleast once. I'm thinking about changing mine to something in hungarian....to be continued. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=Indigo]Well, I have had a [i]few[/i] usernames in my time on OB, I will briefly describe what they were about.

[b]SaiyanGohan2002:[/b] My first name derived from the Dragonball Z character of the same name, his race, and they year in which I joined the boards.

[b]Nuchlear: [/b]This name came about because of my hotmail address, i added a silent "h" to be able to get nuclear without adding numbers. People thought I typoed the name, so I changed it....

[b]SunRiZe:[/b] ....Into something so n00ish! I seriously don't know what was going through my mind with that one.

[b]S@bretooth[/b]: I didn't want a n00bish name, but the @ for the a was an attempt to make a less serious name, one that could be taken comically, without being over-the-top n00bish, I don't know if I succeeded.
[b]
Shinji:[/b] I took this name after seeing, and liking, Evangelion. This particular username has quite a history with OB, and I was unaware of that at the time. I like the name, however, and have stuck with it.

[b]Evil Jedi:[/b] My last username change was a reference to Poisontongue (now Brasil) calling my attention to the theory that the rebel alliance in star Wars are really the agressors of the saga, hence, Evil Jedi. I changed back though.

[b]Shinje:[/b] Shinje is a variation of Shinji I sometimes use (eg. Shinje's Graphix) it's a little nickname, It is pronounced Shinj; Shinji wihtout it's "i"\

While the temptation was there to ratify it as an official name when I changed back from Evil Jedi, I liked it better as a casually-used nickname. :smirk:
[/color][/size]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]With a name such as mine, you don't really have to worry (most of the time) that someone took your username. I just use my real name, and it seems to work out just fine. I don't feel the need to make up a user name (mainly because I can never think of a good one) and so I use any, if not all, parts of my name: [I]Derald Francisco Vogt[/I] (interesting combination, isn't it?).[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]My username, as it seems, is very simple. My real name is Peter, as is my dad's. I was named after my grandfather though so I'm not Peter Jr. It was my mom's plan to name her first son after her father. It just worked out that her husband's name would be Peter too ^_^[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Anyway, I'm a little off topic. The point in mentioning that is that Petie is what my parents (and a few friends, randomly I may add) call me to avoid confusion. It became the login for my home network, my email address, and later, my username for this and myOtaku. I tend to use this username for most things that I register for now.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]So yeah, that's the story. No fancy origins for me - just a simple nickname ^_^[/color][/font]

Well, as most of you can tell, my Screen Name comes from the classic anime 'Outlaw Star', which was the second anime I was ever really interested in, after DBZ, which I assume was the anime most people first watch. Similarly, my first screen name, The Great Gotenks, was from that very anime.

And now, after years without Outlaw Star, Outlaw has become a screen name more dedicated to my love of heists and sounding like a bad *****. Also I can't think of anything better.

But here are a few of my other failed attempts:

Great Goku, Great Gohan, Great Gogetta - all variations on my original name, though I always liked Gotenks the best.

Wahh2K - this was my old aim screen name, so it made sense to use it for my boards screen name aswell. It was dedicated to my old High School nickname, Wahh.

Spider-Wahh - same as Wahh2k, but combining my old nickname with my love for Spider-man.

Rock-Your-Socks-Off! - pretty self-explanitory. I was there to Rock-Your-Socks-Off!

Imo-sune: well the first part Imo is short for Imouto which means little sister in japanese and the second part sune is the end of kitsune which that is the word all my friends describe me with...

Mayura Ashita: Mayura is a favorite character ashita is just some random name i thought of

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]My three usernames are easy to explain, and I've told people and posted it in different threads, but here we go again.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=navy][size=2][b]Sakuramon: [/b]Sakura plus the mon on the end because I really liked Digimon at the time, and it was all I could think of since I'd used it on other boards.[/size][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][b]Ohkami: [/b]It should actually be written Ookami, but I decided to change it cause I don't like the spelling much. Ookami means Wolf in Japanese and wolves are my favourite animals. Though Ohkami could be Oh God or Oh Paper. *shrug*[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][b]Sakura: [/b]I chose this username because I love the name, love cherry blossoms - my favourite plant/flower, and I was and still am a large CCS fan (Card Captor Sakura).[/color][/size][/font]

My current screenname is what my real [B]last name[/B] [I]would[/I] be if it was translated from Finnish to English. I also choose it because it shares the first two letters of my real [B]first name[/B], Sami.

I used to be Sage ever since I first joined these board, but just a week ago I changed it. Sage pretty much was about having a similar name to my real one, plus that "besserwisser"-attitude I have had in the past (it still sometimes surfaces from inside me, though...).

Anyways, I just thought it was time to flip a new page in my OB life, and I think it has worked - now every [I]second[/I] person thinks I'm a girl, when it used to be "just" every third... :P

• 2 weeks later...
I think I have about 4 Different OB Names. I'll list them out and say a bit about them:

[LIST]
[*]Dr. Mario - The "Unoffical" Doctor Version of Mario. Since I was a big fan of the Dr. Mario games back when I was a kid, I decided to use this name.

[*]Roronoa Zoro - He's just my favorite One Piece Character, Nothing More.

[*]The Dude - Yes, I do know this is one of the characters from The Big Lebowski. But thats not the real reason I picked this name. My friends tell me I say the word "Dude" a lot of times in my sentences so they started to call me "The Dude"

[*]Joker - This is a Nickname I picked up around some of my Band Friends. I like to pull a lot of practical jokes and tricks, so I got this name from them.[/LIST]

[SIZE=1]Sakurasuka. Hm. I've explained this more times than I could ever count.

'Sakura' is my favorite japanese name. I like to draw manga, and the character in my favorite manga is based off of me. Her name is Sakura (Shock, wow, amaze.)

'Asuka' is my second favorite japanese name.

The rest is just preffered spelling. Instead of 'Sakura_Asuka', 'Sakura Asuka', 'SakuraAsuka', or any of those other spellings, I merely merged the name. 'sakurasuka'. Simple as that.[/SIZE]

Jeebs is another name for Jebus, which is from a Simpsons joke where Homer says "Save me Jebus!"

My former usernames, Angel and Devlin, come from anime characters I made up.

My first username, Shadow, comes from Shadow the Hedgehog.

[color=sienna][size=1]

Before I became the entity known as [B]Mugen[/B], I was [B]ReFlux[/B], which was my attempt to come up with a cool, yet original sounding username which didn't fall into the 'japanese' or 'anime style' name set. But I eventually got tired of having to make sure I capitalized the F, so I simply changed and sold out for the name of [B]Mugen[/B], who is possibly the closest thing to myself that I can think of in an anime character.

Careless, a little clumsy, occasionally fierce (but usually not intimidating), and lazy as it gets. He is, for those who are missing out, one of the three main characters of [B]Samurai Champloo[/B]. A former pirate/swordsman who's fighting style involves acrobatic breakdancing moves. Also, he has a foul mouth and a scruffy little mustache, which is the closest thing to facial I have gotten so far. So, yeah. [B]Mugen[/B] are I.[/color][/size]

Guest CirclesEyeballs
My username came to be, 'cause I couldn't stop thinking of the chant that Edward said while hacking into the government computer in the Cowboy Bebop movie. It goes:

Circles and eyeballs,
Circles are pretty.
A tastey wonderful,
Just like flat greenbeans.

Suddenly, she says,

"Awww! My hacking didn't work!"

I thought that was soooo funny! That's where [I]this[/I] username came to be! :animesmil