OtakuBoards

How did you come up with your OB username?

Guest kuroinuyoukai

Oh...dear. It's been so long...I had nearly forgotten where this origninated.
I'm an insomniac and in 8th grade whenever I couldn't sleep, I'd sit in my closet with the door shut and brainstorm randomly (this is how most of my little philosophies got started). One night, I was putting random syllables together and *CLICK* I got Latharix!
I use it for just about everything. More peoples know me by Latharix or la-chan (a pet-name version of the former) than by my real name.
So I used Latharix and tacked on "sama" to make it look....nippon-esque? :twitch:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name means "moon cat" in japanese. tsuki=moon, neko=cat. I absolutely love cats. My boyfriend even calls me his pretty kitty. And the moon is just a really cool thing to me. It glows so mysteriously and catches my attention all the time. Love it. Mom says I should've been born a wild animal instead. I just like nature and it's critters!

[font=Times New Roman]I = TEH BACK, MOO HA HA.

Anyway, the story behind Sere Tuscumbia is a wee bit long. It started when I was a crazed fan of Sailor Moon. I immediately took a liking to Queen Serenity, and wondered who she would be if she had been reborn on Earth, and came up with a name that paralleled Serena Tuskino -- Serenity Tuscumbia. I eventually got tired of typing in Serenity Tuscumbia wherever I went, so I shortened it to Serene Tuscumbia and kept it as that.

However, at that time I was a member of a different forum that also came with a chat, which I frequented. My fingers have a habit of getting ahead of my brain, and I only got the 'Sere' part of 'Serene' written out before I pressed enter and thought that Sere Tuscumbia sounded fairly interesting.

Since then, I've found that no one can pronounce Sere Tuscumbia. o_o;; Is it really that hard?

--Sere
[/font]

Mine is actually really weird...as you can probably tell already. One day I was lying on my cousins bed talking with her. My sister came in the room and decided to come into the convo. So she sat on the bed too. and being the lazy bum she is, she layed her leg on my stomach. [I gots a big belly XP] I was laughing real hard from the convo and I guess I shake when I laugh, thus giving me the name "jigglymonster". It later got shortened to "jigglyness" as a nickname from blu_moon on Myo. Since then I've kept the name.

Everyone always laughs at my username :(

I also go by another name. My other name was 'sesshofreako'. When I first got into anime, I was really obsessed with Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha. I was known to freak out when his name was mentioned anywhere. Therefore giving me the name 'sesshofreako'. People still laugh at this username too...I really don't know why.

Oh, my.

The story of my username is, as you could probably pick up from looking at it, pretty intense. After I broke down trying to write about it, I commissioned Alan (DeadSeraphim) to tell the story from my point of view instead. Grab some tissues:

[QUOTE]When I first visited OB, I knew I needed a name that stood out. A name that was intense, a name that would make people stand back and go: "Heat0rz...." The best I could come up with, though, was "Who?" and, while enigmatic and amusing in IMs ("What's your name?" "Who?" "No, I'm serious." "...Who?"), I couldn't settle for it. There was burning inside me to cast off the enigmatic persona I had assumed, and becoming a real force in OB, with my amazing username wowing people wherever I strode.

So, I took a pilgrimage. For many years I travelled the world, meeting interesting and intense people wherever I went, noting their names so I might use them at OB. I met the Dali Lahma and asked him, but he said he nothing of OB usernames, and suggested I instead devote my time to inner peace. I said "Screw inner peace, I need a username!" and stormed out. I also met the Queen of England, but she just asked for 'scones' a lot. So I threw a rock at her and ran. I even saw God a few times in my travels. He was just hanging out, and we'd have a coffee or something when we met up. He's a really nice, down to Earth guy - he smells kind of like cookies - but he said my OB username was my own decision.

So I returned home, and it came to me in a dream, the best OB username I could ever choose. It was awesome. People would become better for having seen it, it was that good. Then, seconds before I woke up, my dream turned into a nightmare about skeletons and Giant Floating Eyes, and I woke up, terrified, with the perfect username disappearing from my consciousness as soon as it arrived.

I was depressed for days. I just lay in bed, crying crying crying, not even getting up to eat. My parents were concerned but I told them to go away, they didn't get me! Linkin Park howled out of my room at all hours, and my own bad voice could be heard singing "CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIN" into the wee hours of the morning.

Finally, after a long time of recovery, I went back online. I decided I still didn't like Who? as a username, and, on the spur of the moment, decided to just use my real name as my OB username. And then it dawned on me - I was using the most common name in the universe as my OB username. ME. I WAS, ME NOT YOU. And a deep satisfaction filled me.

Quickly, I opened an IM window.

"Des, can you change my username to John?" And he only nodded, and said the one word I had been longing for.

"Heat0rz..."[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I really like fairies and little flying thingies from fantasy stories.. coz they're sooo cute!! So I come up with PiXie.. but then the letter N just came to me.. don't know why.. so I changed it to NiXie!! [/COLOR] :animesmil

[SIZE=1]Simple.

For some reason, at some point, I thought... 12.

12 was then accompanied by shape, and the two came together to make 'twelve-sided shape', a dodecahedron.

I naturally decided that I didn't want it that long, so simply cut out the '-hedron' to make 'Dodeca'.

An altogether pointless and mundane process, I'm sure you'll agree.[/SIZE]

[font=book antiqua][size=1][color=indigo] Hm...man I've had a couple user names in the like what 4 or 5 years I've visited this site. Guess we'll start from the start then go to where I am now.

[b]Professional T.V. Watcher:[/b] Not really particularly fond of this one. I was in what...6th or 7th grade when I decided to make this "cleve" little screen name. I made it because, back then thats all I did for a while, and I thought it was a fitting little name. God; I was immature...its true :-)

[b]DuoGod of Death:[/b] This one is pretty darn obviouse. I wanted to use Duo Shinigami, but that was taking so I just decided to use the English translation. I was obsessed with Gundam Wing for a while, and as you can guess Duo Maxwell was by far my favorite character. I used this through my heavy anime phase, I still enjoy anime, but definatly not obsessed like I was back then.

[b]Lalaith Ril:[/b] I think most of the users that would remember me, would remember me from this user name. I used this name the most, and I still like it. It means Laughter's Flame. I found it somewhere, can't even remember where, but I really liked it. Not much else to explain about this one, just that I loved the way it sounded. (Little did I know that later on I found out that Lalaith was a name for female elves or soemthing like that...that was odd...)

And the moment you've all been waiting for....

[b]Sui Generis:[/b] My friends and I kind've got big into different languages, and dead languages in particular. Anyways to make a long story short Sui Generis means "One of a Kind" (roughly) in some latin dialects, and I figured that I was one of a kind so thats what my name was. So thats my name as of now...Just "One of a Kind"......yeah thats me :-)

Anyways...have a great day!!!

[/font][/color][/size]

[size=1]Well, lets see.

Hey Love? There isn't much to say about that. Mostly the fact that I say that a lot to my friends that it's kind of something that I'm clingy to. Plus, I wasn't really sure WHAT to use as a name. I used to always use [b][i]baka panda[/b][/i], meaning stupid/silly panda, but I kind of got sick of it.

So I switched over to my most used phrase.

fin. :animesmil [/size]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Basically, I wanted it to be known to everyone that I totally love Kingdom Hearts, so I just thought up something that sounded as though I was involved in it and bravo! I thought of Keyblade Weilder.... thus coming up with my username.

Oh... and I also wanted to change it from my old name, CloudsOnly189, because Keyblade Weilder makes me sound much more mature. I think.... O.o;

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Well, a long time ago, in Neopets -hides from Neopetr haters-, before I started watching anime on Adult Swim, I saw posts about InuYasha, and had heard about two characters, Sango and Kagome. I had recently joined an ongoing anime chat board (which has since migrated to a different site), and needed to think of a name for myself. I remembered Sango and Kagome and...voila. It's stuck ever since. xD[/FONT]

[color=blue][size=1]If I remember correctly, I wanted a signature for my artwork at high-school. And since I had only just started watching anime, I wanted something sort of Japanese-y.

I don't know how I came up with Reiku, but I use it now for all my artwork as my signature, including my website. ^_^[/color][/size]

Guest wolf_freak_:)
Well wolf freat spells it out a little I AM TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH WOLVES and i think smilies r cool :animesmil

[FONT=Garamond]to tell you the truth mine is quite simple all i did was go to quizilla.com and loked for a quiz for japanese names and what your name means in japenese (like how its spelled) and it came up with senko so i though it was cool so i used it[/FONT] :animesmil

Guest D. Resurrected
Mine well I had a acount my name was doomberg.anyway some kind of programing error happend so I could never get on it so I just created a new acount my name now is D. Resurrected which is short for Doomberg Resurrected. :animesmil

bye the way dodeca its dodecogon no R. :D

Guest sweet kisses
i use this name on myotaku! i read "sweet kisses" on a picture of kira and lacus! (from gundam seed) they were about to kiss and it said "sweet kisses" i needed a user name so i used it! i used it here too because it would be easy to remember! ^_^' kinda stupid isn't it! :animeswea

I use this name because I love Raphael soooo much....

Well, it's all because I wasn't planning on buying newer games (college tasks.....bah.....) so then whenever I'm bored I play Soul Calibur 3.....and the result? I'm good at handling Raphael which is to some people are nothing but trash.....