OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

[CENTER][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24703[/img][/CENTER]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Welcome to the Mog House, an off-game discussion thread of the sparkling new RPG of mine, OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On!

The game itself ([URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=691099#post691099]click here![/URL])has just launched at the Adventure Square, and PMs are sent to all of the eighteen contestants who made it in out of thousands and thousands (okay, thirty) applicants.

I personally expect this game to last through the whole winter, with some nice twists and turns to keep the game fresh. So this is a really long project, but I hope it will be worthwhile.

Just to keep everybody updated, I'll post here the list of current players:
[INDENT]
[strike]Aizen as "Dante"[/strike]
[strike]Baron Samedi as "Crash Bandicoot"[/strike]
[strike]Blayze as "Shadow the Hedgehog"[/strike]
[strike]Desbreko as "Samus Aran"[/strike]
[strike]Doukeshi as "Lara Croft"[/strike]
[strike]Ezekiel as "Kuja"[/strike]
[strike]JimiWiggy11 as "Mitsurugi"[/strike]
[strike]JJ as "Ada Wong"[/strike]
[strike]Kitty as "Sora"[/strike]
[strike]KKC as "Fox McCloud"[/strike]
[strike]Outlaw as "Carl Johnson"[/strike]
[color=purple][b]Raiyuu as "Ling Xiaoyu"[/b][/color]
[strike]Rapture Ruckus as "Pac-Man"[/strike]
[strike]Sakura as "Yuna"[/strike]
[strike]Sinistra as "Link"[/strike]
[strike]Solo Tremaine as "Krystal"[/strike]
[strike]Unborn Lord Xion as "Riku"[/strike]
[strike]White as "Mario Mario"[/strike][/INDENT]

This list can change still, as perhaps some of these contestants won't have the will to participate in the game, in which case I'll contant one of the applicants who didn't make it in.

Anyway, as mentioned in the actual game thread, this "Mog House" is meant for [I]all[/I] out-of-character discussion and questions about the game. I will do my best to answer all worries and problems either in this thread or by PMs.

This is it for now, so GAME ON!

[SIZE=1]PS. I'll so need a rehabilitation out of the excessive use of "kupo" after this game! XP[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, looks like the game is off to a great start, I'm really excited about it. Anyways, I was wondering how exactly the competitions are going to work. I assume Sandy will determine the winner, but I was hoping you could clear that up for me a bit.

Well, if you look at the past OB Survivors, challenges require different type of tasks to be done.

The most basic - and most widely used - one is that the team who writes best/funniest posts wins.

Other objectives can be writing most often, knowing correct answers, having the best teamplay - whatever my twisted mind comes up with. ;D

If a team doesn't post or posts only crappy one-liners, or break the rules or cheat, they will most likely lose.

The ultimate judge is of course me, I will decide the winners and the losers, but I have no say in the "deletion" process.

But the main goal for the players is to have fun, and enjoy the twists of the game. I'll do my best to help everybody achieve that goal. ;D

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy][strike]I think, and correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, it works the same as the TV show Survivor.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]The three teams compete against each other in challenges, every second or so is an Elimination challenge, where the losing team has to go to the "Tribal Area", this time it's the CPU, and they have to vote a team member out by PMing Sandy, who will read out the votes and say who leaves.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I'm not exactly sure how the winner is decided. I think for Final Fantasy Survivor there was a poll and the final two contestants pleaded their cases and everyone voted. And people were allowed to ask questions, like the jury in TV Survivor.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I'm not sure whether Sandy changed it, but that's how it was during FF Survivor. *shrugs*[/strike] The man beat me to it :p [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Anyways, my question is: How long are we gonna wait for the rest of the contestants? There's five people left. 2 from Green, 2 from Blue and 1 from Red.[/color][/size][/font]

I thought about giving time until this [B]Friday[/B]. There's no rush, of course, but it'd be nice to get this thing rolling asap. If the five remaining players don't appear by then, I'll contact the applicants who didn't make it to the game.

But let's just hope I don't have to resort to that.

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]This might be totally off topic but I'm curious:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Where are all the Survivor sets coming from? Are people making them themselves or having private requests? Sorry, just all of a sudden I noticed that everyone started sprouting sets of their character and I just had to find out.[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]^__^;;; If anyone answers my curiosity will be satisfied, but seriously, I read through the thread and pretty much everyone has a Survivor banner and/or avi.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]This is the place to have slightly off-topic discussion, right?[/color][/size][/font]

Sorry, no team leaders are included, as this game is already complex enough without them. ;D

As said in the rules, if a voting ends up in a tie situation, it will be solved by the winning team, or when the game is in the last phase, the player with the immunity.

I have a little [B]announcement[/B] to make: I will be away for most of tomorrow, returning late at the evening (local time). So don't miss me while I'm gone, okay? ;P [size=1](Cause [I]I'll be back[/I]!)[/size]

[color=#333333]It seems I've started a trend! ^.~

Basically I did my banner/avatar because I was happy I got in, and also because I plan on keeping my current Avatar/Banner look for a very, [i]very[/i] long time (changing it only for special occasions). Some of you may have noticed I made it look Halloween-ish near Oct. 31st.

Anyways, I have a question of my own.

[b]Are the teams going to split up according to the three items that were handed out?[/b] You don't have to answer if you don't want to give anything away, but if you wouldn't mind I am quite curious. ^^;[/color]

[SIZE=1][quote name='Lrb][color=#333333][b]Are the teams going to split up according to the three items that were handed out?[/b'] You don't have to answer if you don't want to give anything away, but if you wouldn't mind I am quite curious. ^^;[/color][/quote]

Yeah, it does seem that we have all assumed that whoever has the same item will be on the same team. Wouldn't we look foolish if that wasn't the case lol.[/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, I just took an hour or so yesterday and whipped up an OB Survivor themed set for Samus. It was a pain in the butt, finding the art of her that I used in the banner. Great pic, but rare.

And from what we know so far, the swords/feathers/gems seems to be a logical indication of who's going to be on what team. I also have a feeling they'll be used in the first challenge. ... But, I wouldn't put it past Sandy to mix things up just to throw us off. :p[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']... But, I wouldn't put it past Sandy to mix things up just to throw us off. :p[/color][/quote]

Oh please! I'm not that clever... ;P

As to what comes to the items and teams, you'll just have to hold your horses until all eighteen players have introduced themselves in the game thread. ,:)

Eep, I was supposed to be away! Heh, I'm just about to leave. Will be back in approximately 15 hours. Ta!

[SIZE=1][quote name='Sakura']Where are all the Survivor sets coming from? Are people making them themselves or having private requests? Sorry, just all of a sudden I noticed that everyone started sprouting sets of their character and I just had to find out.[/quote]

I made mine the day I found out would be participating. XD

Oh, Sandy! I almost forgot to tell you.

This is a really bad time for me do to this, but...I'm part of our school's production "Romeo and Juliet", and so I'm not going to be able to be on as much for the next three days. (Since Opening Night is Tonight!!!) I'll try to keep up, but I had to also warn DC about that too for Love Me, Mr. Death. So...that's just a notice. I still wanna participate!

And Desbreko, thanks for not banning me so you could play Link. :p[/SIZE]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]I'm soooo happy we've finally started.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I have just one question, and I'm unsure as whether you're allowed to answer this, Sandy.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][b]Is the word the letters make the place we'll be staying? [/b]I think I might have got the wrong idea, which is why I'm asking again.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Here's another question, though it doesn't relate to the challenge. I thought Mario was a platform type game, so why is he in the RPG section? Not that I mind though, my team is weird enough looking as it is ^_~, just curious is all.

P.S Could we also, maybe, have a hint? ^___^[/SIZE]

Yes, I'm glad the game started, as well. ;D

However, in a hurry I apparently made a mistake to my post in the game thread.

[color=red]Bravers[/color]' clue should have only one "L", so yes, [B]Liberty Tower[/B] is correct, Outlaw.

However, the [color=blue]Adventurers[/color] beat you to it, for they solved their answer, [B]Solitary Island[/B], first.

Now we just have to wait until the last team, [color=green]Legends[/color], gets their answer.

[B]Sakura[/B]: yes, those places revealed from the clue are in fact the teams' homeplaces for the time being. I'll add pictures once I conclude the challenge.

[B]Doukeshi[/B]: I had to put Mario to the green team simply because I needed even number of players to each team. Plus, Mario has his own RPG's as well. Also, I had to put Lara into the blue team, because there was already six characters that were more clearly from action games. Hope this answers your question! ;D

[color=navy][size=2][font=Verdana]Waah, no fair [b]T[/b]_[b]T [/b]I hate scrambling puzzles.[/font][/size][/color]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Gee, the rest of the team won't be too happy we got beat so fast in the first challenge <.<;;;[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Can we have a hint, [b]Pleeeeeease?[/b] *begs* Is is really easy and I'm just dense? I can't think of words with so many A's. And we only have 2 vowels, how come the others get more? >.> All the words I come up with have E's in them *sigh*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I'll accept anything you're willing to give besides how many words it has and what letters it has in it.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]And go, Doukeshi, well done that you got it that fast...Then Outlaw too, you guys are really good at those things. How in the world did you get them right? I looked at them and didn't think of those.[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Its okay Sakura ^_^, I didn't just look at it and go 'Oh its Solitary Island' I sat down and wrote out lists of words that I could make from the letters. I got 'Island' fairly quickly but you should have seen some of the funny stuff I got for the first bit:

ALISTORY
TORYSAIL
SAILORTY
TROYSAIL

And my personal favourite SOILTRAY! Heh if I ever get an island, I'm going to call it Soiltray Island lol.[/SIZE]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Do you play Scrabble much?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I have resorted to using Scrabble pieces, one problem, I don't own the board game, so I have been forced to cut small squares of paper out and use them as Scrabble tiles, I'm [i]hoping [/i]this will somehow help me out >.>[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Sandy]

[color=red]Bravers[/color]' clue should have only one "L", so yes, [B]Liberty Tower[/B] is correct, Outlaw.

However, the [color=blue]Adventurers[/color] beat you to it, for they solved their answer, [B]Solitary Island[/B], first.

[/QUOTE]

Ooooo, so close, if only I didn't sleep last night, I coulda had it! Haha, aw well, I'll get da next one. Cause da Bravers ain't nottin ta F#*$ Wit.

And I got the tower part outright, and got the liberty part while taking a shower. Man, it's true, your best ideas do come to you in the shower.

[QUOTE=Doukeshi][SIZE=1]
And my personal favourite SOILTRAY! Heh if I ever get an island, I'm going to call it Soiltray Island lol.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[color=#333333]
[b]Soil[/b]tray Island? That's awesome.

Ugh! I came home from school today, went to the AS thread, saw Sandy's post, read it (skipping any posts after it), unscrambled the letters correctly and [i]then[/i] read the rest. Unfortunately the other two teams had already figured theirs out and we already found ours aswell.

Speaking of Soiltray Island, how about Arcadian Hair Sip?[/color]