OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

Uh, they're just... taking a break? :/

But I've got a [B]suggestion[/B]: why don't we shorten this challenge so that everybody has to take part in [B]three[/B] of the four games in the Retro Arcade. So, it'd mean there's only one more post for each of you (except Solo, who has two), then we move on to the Team Council.

Yes? Yes! ;D

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=#503F86]Oh, bugger. My free time up and left me >.>; I'm so sorry about this, guys.

If I don't get anything in by the end of this week I won't be able to full stop. The next few days are freer than they have been so I promise I'll try and secure my last two challenges before Saturday.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Apologies all, I'm sorry I haven't been posting but I've got a bit of a heavy workload at the moment, and I'm currently working on a stupid long report that's due tomorrow.

I'll try and get it done on the weekend but no promises since I gotta work on a Lit Oral. ><;;;

Sorry again.

For my last game I'd like to take [B]DK[/B] just for anyone that wants to know.[/COLOR]

I'm sorry, but to finally move things on, I have to make a drastic decision.

Everybody should post their remaining games [B]by the end of this week[/B] (meaning Sunday). Sakura and Doukeshi have one, and Solo has two. Raiyuu is the only one who has finished the challenge.

[B]Any posts that don't appear until Sunday will automatically score 50/100 points.[/B]

After that the [B]Game[/B] can [I]finally[/I] move [B]On[/B]! ;D

[B]EDIT[/B]: And thus we have moved on. Solo and Sakura were unable to finish the challenge in due time, so they're unfinished games scored automatically 50 points each.

The player with the most points was [B]Raiyuu/Ling Xiaoyu[/B], thus he/she can't be voted out in this round. Everybody other is in danger of not making it to the semifinals. Send me PMs as soon as possible with the name of the one who you want out: Solo, Doukeshi or Sakura.

We're almost to the end, guys! ;D [I]Game On![/I]

I've edited the last post in the game thread with the deletion of [B]Solo/Krystal[/B], who was the fifteenth person voted out with three votes.

Solo, I know how much you enjoyed this game and I would've loved if you had been able to participate this till the end, but due to the technical problems and the will of your rivals, your game ended here.

And without further sappiness, let me present you...
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/final3.jpg[/IMG]

Keep the [b]Game On[/b] as we head towards the semifinals, and the last challenge these three have to face in this competition! What will it be? It'll be revealed to you [B]by the end of this week[/B]!

[COLOR=#503F86]That's fine. Thank you for letting me participate in the first place, hehe ^_^ This has easily been one of my favourite RPGs ever. I'm so sorry I couldn't actually tell you that I wasn't able to continue- I didn't anticipate things being quite so drastic.

Thanks to all the other participants for making the game so great to play, and good luck to Raiyuu, Doukeshi and Sakura in the next two challenges.

*grins, then disappears*[/COLOR]

A PM has been sent to all three semifinalists which includes the rules and questions for the final challenge, [B]Ultimate Videogame Quiz[/B].

For public interest, and in case any of the semifinalists loses their PM, I'll post the questions here as well.

[font=Century Gothic][b]#1.[/b] Form a word related to this game out of these letters: I O R R S U V V
[i]/1 point[/i]

[b]#2.[/b] What happens to the Lemmings you assign as blockers?
[i]/1 point[/i]

[b]#3.[/b] What does Starman do in Super Mario -games?
[i]/1 point[/i]

[b]#4.[/b] There is an RPG character who is both a damsel and a dragon. Who is she and in which game does she appear in?
[i]/2 points[/i]

[b]#5.[/b] What other name is the Resident Evil -series known in the world?
[i]/1 point[/i]

[b]#6.[/b] Explain the evolution of the Pokémon Wurmple.
[i]/2 points[/i]

[b]#7.[/b] Which two of Dave?s friends share the same talent in Maniac Mansion?
[i]/2 points[/i]

[b]#8.[/b] Name the three big cities featured in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
[i]/3 points[/i]

[b]#9.[/b] Name the two pairs of characters that need to be unlocked in Mario Kart: Double Dash.
[i]/2 points[/i]

[b]#10.[/b] Which two Namco?s fighting series feature the same character? Name the character as well.
[i]/3 points[/i]

[b]#11.[/b] Name the games in which these gruesome monsters have appeared:
a) Bongo Bongo
b) Ozma
c) Cyberdemon
[i]/3 points[/i]

[b]#12.[/b] Place the four games played at the Retro Arcace in the order of the year they were published, from oldest to newest. Remember to include the years as well.
[i]/4 points[/i]

[b]#13.[/b] Name the winners of the two previous OtakuBoard Survivors. Include both their character?s name and their screenname.
[i]/6 points[/i]

[b]Total:[/b] [i]/30 points[/i][/font]

It's [I]Game On[/I], everybody!

Answer them as your character would answer when asked the questions, simple as that. (I'm talking about their personalities here, not their knowledge.) ;D You can write single-word answers of course, but I'd prefer complete sentences.

As I said in the PM I sent you, it's solely because I'm going to copy and paste your answers directly from your PM to the post I'm going to make in the game thread. Plus it makes the post much nicer to read when it's not just one word answers to each question.

Yes, I posted the last challenge earlier this morning, after getting Sakura's answers. It's a long read (took me few hours to write even though I did copy&paste a lot), but as it says in the end, [B]Doukeshi/Lara[/B] came out on top.

Now it's up to her to make up the decision whether Sakura/Yuna or Raiyuu/Xiaoyu has to leave this game.

The final will take place next week, in a whole new thread with a public poll. We're almost there, people! ;D Our [I]half-year[/I]-long journey together is drawing to it's end.

[I]Game On Forever![/I]

[SIZE=1]Wow, has it really been half a year? Ya know, I remember the very first challenge, sitting at Uni trying to figure it out lol.

A tough decison but I have chosen...[B]Raiyuu/Ling Xiaoyu[/B] to go on to the final vote. I am sorry Sakura, its been a blast. [/SIZE]

[B]Sakura[/B], you were the last person to get voted out of this game. Raiyuu and Doukeshi will continue on to the Grande Finale, which will take place in a [B]new thread[/B] at the Adventure Square (which is now up).

In the thread there's a public poll where [B]anybody and everybody can vote[/B] which of the two dashing videogame heroines they would like to win. The vote will be open [B]until Wednesday[/B], after which I'll officially announce the winner.

Good luck to the two finalists - the winner could honestly be either one of you. The [I]Game[/I] ain't [I]Over[/I] yet!

[center][IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/OB%20Survivor/final2.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[COLOR=Navy]Don't sweat. This has been one of my most memorable experiences and one of my favourite RPs on OB, thanks for allowing me to participate and getting this far. It's been great to RP alongside of you two for the entire length and I'm proud to have made it to the Final 3, I wish the best of luck to both of you.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I assume from having read the previous Grand Finales (as research for the Survivor Exam, heh) that we answer people's questions in character, right? Also, can Doukeshi and I vote in the poll?

Thanks for choosing me, Doukeshi - I really thought I was done for after that last challenge. May the best, uh, female character win.[/FONT]

Yeah, in-character would be preferable. And of course you can vote in the poll - I can't stop you can I? ;P That is, if you want to know which one wins before Wednesday.

Thanks, Sakura, for making the first question! Maybe that'll give an example to others to ask questions as well. ;D

[SIZE=1]Congrats Raiyuu! Excellent show. I didn't get trounced by half as much as I thought I would, well done ^_^.

Wow, the game is now finished huh? Well Sandy it has been an amazing journey, and I for one would just like to thank you so much for the time and effort you have put into it. Let us hope there are many more to come ^_^.

....[I]Game Over![/I][/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Even after my early lead, I was sure you were going to beat me when you caught up and made it a tie. It could have easily gone either way.

Thanks Sandy for running this undoubtedly Nifty event, and for accepting me into the first RPG I've joined that's actually finished (no kidding). I'll see you in the next one![/FONT]

Eh, I don't think there's going to be a next OB Survivor for a long while - at least not made by me. XP These games are really time-consuming and draining to make, but at least there's so much to gain from them as well! ;D But maybe in the distant future...

Thank you both, again, and indeed, this [I]Game[/I] is [I]Over![/I]

[COLOR=Navy]Thanks for all the hard work Sandy! Some of the challenges were a bit of a pain, but it was all good ;D Anyways, if you [I]do[/I] make another one, I hope I'll be around to join in. Thanks to all the other contestants that helped make the RP great fun.[/COLOR]