OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Lrb][color=#333333]
Speaking of Soiltray Island, how about Arcadian Hair Sip?[/color][/QUOTE]

That is genius lol. I suppose a difference in global time is a benefit when dealing with challenges like these. I mean I probably read the challenge when everyone in the US was still asleep. Also I spent the time I could have been using working on an assignment working on the word jumble lol ^_~.[/SIZE]

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#4B0082]Okay, this is why I hate time based challenges: I never even got a chance to try my hand at it. I saw the post when I got up this morning, sure, but there was no way in heck I would've had time to descramble something [i]and[/i] write a post before leaving for class. And after getting home from class, I had yet more school work. I usually can't sign on to OB until evening, but by now all three have already been solved.

I don't especially care this time around, since no one's getting booted, but please, please tell me there won't be any more challenges like this. All they do is screw the people who don't have as much time to spend on OB, regardless of writing quality or devotion. Not to say the people who managed to descramble the locations have too much time on their hands or anything, but some people just have less than others, and these sorts of challenges can be flat out impossible in that case.

That small rant aside, however, I'm interested in seeing what Liberty Tower is like. And I've also got a hunch that the world of Skies of Arcadia might just be part of our tour. Arcadian Airship and Solitary Island? Not sure where Liberty Tower fits in, but those other two names fit the bill.[/color]

Your questions will be answered if you check my latest post at the game thread, Des. ;D

And don't worry, as I said this was just a warm up challenge, as I didn't want to just [I]give[/I] the teams their camping places straightforwardly.

And it seemed that those of you who managed to participate to this challenge enjoyed it.

But there won't be much if any speed challenges in the future, I promise. But there also won't be any challenges where nobody will get booted, so that's the downside.

The next challenge will begin probably on Monday, so for now you all can just enjoy your new homes, and [color=blue]Adventurers[/color] can decide what luxurious thing they want to their island as a reward. (You can very well [B]use this thread as a forum[/B], btw.)

Heh, the next challenge will be quite something else... XD It will mainly test your ability to write humorous text, but I won't make it hard for you as it will be a very humorous challenge. ;D

EDIT: [B]Sakura[/B], I forgot to write it to the game thread, but you will have your teleporters as a way to move from your home to the CPU. And the Solitary Island that the Adventurers got isn't a big one. ;)

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Hey, let me know if I start posting too much, I've got a lot of free time on my hands since I've got holidays. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I was wondering two things about the [color=green]Green[/color] team's new home:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]1) Is there a proper name for it or do we just call it the Arcadian Airship?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]2) Can we fly fly around with it or is it just in one spot?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]You said that 2 contestants would be leaving, is that 2 from one team, or one from each of the losing teams?[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]What's the teleporter look like? I'm kinda making it up.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Most of the teams are pretty unactive except for one or two players each side. I hope it doesn't turn into FF Survivor again, with only one team being really active and the others aren't.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]*Sighs* I'm booooored....[/color][/size][/font]

Actually, the airship in the picture I sent is from FFXII, [I]not[/I] SOA. There really isn't an "Arcadian Airship", I just wanted to add a link to that game to make it perhaps easier to guess.

You can really rename it to whatever you want. You can also fly around with it, but you are [I]not[/I] allowed to leave it except for the challenges and the Team Councils.

I have no idea what the teleporters look like, you can freely use your imagination, and every teleporter can look different from each other.

And what comes to the Team Council, the rules say that in the phase where there is three teams, [B]two losing teams[/B] will go there and vote [b]one[/b] member off.

Also, activity in this game is only a big plus, as it keeps the game going. Without the effort of Ginny and Des in the FF Survivor, it would probably have died before the end. So you're doing nothing wrong, Sakura. ;D

... Except, [B][I]please[/I] don't put out-of-character text to the game thread, but send it all here[/B]. This goes to all of you. The reason is I want to keep the game clean from all deviations from the actual play. Mog House was created for free-flowing discussion between the players, and all questions about the game itself. Is this okay?

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Okie dokie, Sandy. Thanks for the extra info. I'll try to keep this going as long as I'm a contestant and as well as at least someone else posts after me so I can post again. ^__^[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I just took out the OOC from my last post, so here:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=black][b]OOC: [/b]Please note, I'm making up what the teleporter is, anyone got a better idea?[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]BTW, I know nothing about Skies of Arcadia, let alone it's Airship, so I'm making that stuff up too. I'm kinda modelling it after the Celcius (FFX-2) and Ragnarok (FFVIII).[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]The reason I put the OOC with my post is because that's where it's relevant, I'm used to it from other RPs, and typing short sentences feels like spamming for me and I don't like doing that. But if you ask us to put them here, put them here I shall, all hail Mog! *salutes*[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]I think I'm gonna have a bit of fun with this airship ^__~ Buckle your seatbelts team, we're going for a spin in my next post.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]So [color=green]Green[/color] Team, any ideas on what to name the Airship? Because I don't like calling it 'the Airship/Arcadian Airship. I was thinking [color=#000000][b]Fahrenheit [/b][/color][color=#000080]since that is your measurement over there, I think? And because it's the opposite of Celcius, which is the large twin motorcycle looking airship in Final Fantasy X-2.[/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Green's going to be my new favourite colour soon, I think. Two RPs and in Green Team for both, along with Imi, my Legionnaire pal.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]I have a few questions!

First, on the Solitary Island, is there like... A building or some place that we stay in that has a kitchen, bed, bathroom, ect? Or do we have to build our own shelter and hunt for food and stuff?

Next, If we already have a bathroom and all this luxury stuff, what would a luxury item really be like?

And to people in the Blue Team, anyone have any idea on what we should get?[/size]

[QUOTE=Sakura]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Green's going to be my new favourite colour soon, I think. Two RPs and in Green Team for both, along with Imi, my Legionnaire pal.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Long live [COLOR=Green]green team[/COLOR]!

I have no problems with whatever the ship is called, but I'd call it "Far" because I can't spell that one word you want to use, properly. xP

Sorry about the OOC-ness, Sandy, my excuse is the same as Sakura's. Force of habit.

I have a question, too, similar to KKCs. From watching the show, teams had to come up with their own food etc or they won it. Considering we aren't allowed to actually leave the Airship, we can't exactly hunt. So, do we already have food stores or what? Could you give us the situation, plzktnx.[/SIZE]

Ahem... These are [I]videogame characters[/I] we're talking about, you honestly think they need food or bathrooms? :P

Don't be so realistic, people!

[B]KKC[/B]: the luxury item can really be whatever you choose, but it would be wise if you chose something that would be useful in the upcoming contests, right?

[SIZE=1]I have a suggestion, which was actually semi inspired by you, Sandy.

I felt like drawing something silly today and did a little sketch in PSP of Kuja trying to play with Riku's hair. This got me thinking.

We have lots of people who want graphics for banners and I'm sure there are a few people who would like to do some other artistic type things with the story.

So why not an art thread, like the one you started for the Legionnaires?

Graphic artists could make banner sets for the character if the players want to use them, and random people like me could share silly little doodles.

It could be nice?

Just a thought. =)[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]I was going to ask about that, heh. I'm not sure it should be a weapon; I can't see there'd be any use for it aside from battering potential animals for food or irritating the other characters with it... but I'm stuck for other ideas. Perhaps a book of some sort- encyclopadeia/sacred tome/magazine subscription?

I really can't think of anything else that'd be of practical use, other than ladders/ropes and stuff like that. Although considering the speed and heights that most characters can jump anyway...

Bleh, I'm bad at stuff like this ^_^;[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Imi][SIZE=1]
So why not an art thread, like the one you started for the Legionnaires?
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Sure, you are free to create one yourself if you'd like. I'm sure several contestants would use it. ;)

And what comes to the Adventurer's prize, [B]think big[/B]. Think beyond guns and ladders, make a whole new invention if you have to - you can do it.

Remember that you are in a game world where [I]every[/I]thing and [I]any[/I]thing is possible. ;D

[SIZE=1][quote name='KKC][size=1']What about some kind of magic mirror that lets us spy on the other teams (like from beauty and the beast) hehe. That's the best thing I can come up with so far. Anyone else have any ideas? [/size][/quote]

Thats a great idea! I mean, you can't get much more practical than that really. Also, Sandy, you didn't state whether the Adventurers already had a hut or something on the island. Its just for how to approach posting on the island.[/SIZE]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]I just thought of something.[/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]What world is the [color=green]Green[/color] team's ship in? Since you said the ship's from FFXII World. Are we in Arcadia like the puzzle said, or FFXII?[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Since none of the [color=green]Green[/color] team except Imi has replied about re-naming the ship, I've decided that it'll now be called Fahrenheit, unless someone disagrees? If anyone disagrees let me know.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Come on [color=green]Green[/color] Team! Post more! I can't do this on my own.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]And [color=blue]Blue[/color] Team, just curious, but how would spying on the other teams help in any way???[/color][/size][/font]

[B]Doukeshi[/B]: your island does have small huts or other accomodations (whatever you choose), but you can also use your reward to change the huts for a castle.

[B]Sakura[/B]: if you've read the text above the picture of the airship, you'd have already gotten your answer. ;D ("- plies the Skies of Arcadia.") Also, I couldn't find a suitable picture of an airship from the actual SoA-game, so I had to settle with the airship of FF XII (named [I]The Strahl[/I], btw.) But it's only the picture.

Besides, none of the teams are allowed to leave their camp places in any other way than the teleporters, so it doesn't really matter what world you are in.

[size=1]The idea of the mirror seems pretty hot to me, it could be pretty useful in the long run. And also, Solo, I only put that we would want a weapon because it seemed like the kind of thing Shadow would say, I wasn't really implying that we should choose to get a weapon.[/size]

[size=1]Well, I went on and posted about the mirror sense most of you guys seem to agree with it (If we want to change it though i'll just edit meh post). I'll leave someone else to describe the place we live in though.[/size]

So Adventurers, a spying mirror it is? Is this your final decision?

Oh, and [B]Raiyuu[/B], you are not allowed to exit your Liberty Tower appartment. You may even find out that there is no way out except jumping out of the window (which will delete the character immediately). That's something to survive with. ;D