OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On! - Mog House [E]

Sandy

The second challenge, [B]Lemmingsitters[/B], has just begun.

The objective[B] in the game [/B]is to protect the Lemmings so that the least possible amount of the suicidal critters dies.

[B]In reality[/B], I expect you to write as humorous posts as possible, telling about the ordeal that your characters have to go through when trying to babysit the Lemmings. I expect most of the Lemmings to die from each team, just [B]don't let the Lemmingcounter drop to zero[/B].

The winning team will be the one with [B]the most amusing posts[/B], but of course [B]activity[/B] counts here as well. A team with only one player posting cannot expect to win, no matter how funny that one person's posts are.

The challenge will continue for a couple of days, I'll announce the winner in [B]Wednesday[/B], after which two teams will be sent to the Team Council.

If any questions rise, feel free to send them here.

Good luck with the competition, evebullibody!

[SIZE=1]PS. I still emphasize that [I]all[/I] out-of-character discussion, questions and planning should either happen in this thread or by private messages, and [I]not[/I] in the actual game thread. Thankies![/SIZE]

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, as you can see from the picture in the game thread, the Lemmingbane Dungeon is full of hazards for a locomotive little furball like the Lemmings: there's flames, drills, gaps, drops, traps - all sorts of things that will get a Lemming killed.

Add a suicidal behaviour of the Lemmings, and you got yourself a challenge. ;D

Lemmings can dig, climb and even float when instructed, but they just prefer to walk to their death, never stopping... That game is seriously one of the most twisted games ever made.

If you want to see for yourself, you can always download the game from [url]www.abandonia.com[/url] (go to the Puzzle-games section and you'll find it).

Alright Red Team, time to get to work. I'm really impressed with the amount of red team posts. I think we might have been the only group to have had every member post about the living quarters.

Now, I left the actuall dealling with the Lemmings, or atleast the start of it, to someone who actually knows the game. I've got some ideas, but I've never played the game before, so I'll let you guys take a crack at it first.

I'm gonna try and play it a little for some more ideas.

[size=2][font=Verdana][color=navy]Go [/color][color=green][b]Green Team[/b][color=navy]!!! We can win this challenge if people post, and I'm going to have to rely on others, because I don't do humour very well at all.[/color][/color][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]Please post!!! We need to be more active!!![/color][/size][/font]

Oh, I forgot to add that it really doesn't matter what the Lemmingcounter says when the challenge ends, as I will have the final say in it. If a team with poor posting still has like <90> Lemmings left, I can [I]easily[/I] drop it to zero. So feel free to kill the wee critters in most amusing and imaginative ways to ensure your victory. ;D

Nice start, Outlaw. And Sakura, be more brave in your posts, don't depend so much on others.

I'll evaluate the progress of the game in Wednesday, so the conclusion might be postponed if the situation requires it, but please try to make your posts by Wednesday.

Game On!

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]I'm trying *whimpers* But in a way I [i]do [/i]have to depend on others, because you said that if only one person posts then the team can't expect to win. But I dunno, I can't think of any good ways to protect/kill the little walking critters.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Do you know much about the game? Because I read on a site that you can give them Umbrellas, and I was wondering what that was for? Also, how does making them float, explode, block, dig, and whatever else they can do help? I have no idea about this game but I'll do my best.[/color][/size][/font]

Heh, don't worry - of course you have to depend on other people to post as well, but I ment to be braver in your [I]own[/I] posts.

Oh, and you really don't have to follow the mechanics of the actual game, but if you want to know, the umbrellas make the Lemmings float slowly down from places that are too high. There's also a way to stop a Lemming in front of a ledge to turn the others to a different direction (and avoiding a fall to their death), but once you stop a Lemming, you can't make it move again but you have to blow it up. Sad but true... :/

But really, in this game the use of imagination is preferred to being authentic to the games. So you can't go wrong with just trying your best. ;D

[SIZE=1]You know what this reminds me of, KKC's post in particular? It reminds me of the little book of bunny suicides, where the artist comes up with fun new and imaginative ways for the bunnies to kill themselves. Its hilarious if you haven't read it.[/SIZE]

In case you haven't noticed, most of the guns the characters carry have already been used in the posts, and that's totally cool with me. ;D

I'm just seeking amusing posts here, so all means are accepted (limitated by the rules, of course).

EDIT: Everybody, [B]keep a good track with your teams' Lemmingcounter[/B]! There's already few confusions in the game thread, mostly in the Blue Team.

I suggest in your future posts you put the Lemmingcounter in your team's respective color. ([COLOR=Blue]<000>[/COLOR] for the Adventurers, [COLOR=Red]<000>[/COLOR] for the Bravers and [COLOR=Green]<000>[/COLOR] for the Legends, if you didn't catch what I meant.)

[COLOR=#503F86]Wraith must've been writing his post at the same time I was mine, heh ^_^; I think that's why there was confusion. Unless you mean numbers just going missing between times as well... I always tend to assume (with posts that all have a specific time/item count) that numbers change between posts too as a matter of course. If you want it running exactly from one post to the other though, that's easily done.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]In case anyone's wondering, I am counting Squishy the Heartless Lemming as being dead, considering he is without a heart and, thus, in biological terms not strictly alive. And I'll try to keep him from eating anybody, but I'm not making any promises. Also, Sage? Can I keep him, or is will he disappear at the end of the challenge, or something? Because if it does vanish, I already have the scene planned...[B]"Not my Squishy~!!"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#006aaf][SIZE=1]I'd like to first off apologize to the green team for taking so long to post... and I'd like to beg for forgiveness. xD

My pathetic excuse: My schedule got incredibly busy incredibly fast, mainly with school things, plus my personal life just got a lot more complicated. I have a lot to catch up on, so I'm starting with the RPGs I'm in here on OB. Plus, with my break coming up in two days, I'll have more time to post, though on Thanksgiving day I probably won't be on much. ^_^;;

But yeah. If I last past the first round, I'll be posting more than I have. *promises*

And I'd just like to say, I've found the past two and a half pages incredibly amusing. x3[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Good to see we have some absentees backin the game ^_^. I was beginning to worry about you for a moment there Baron ^_~.

I just can't get the hang of this comedy malarky. It seems odd somehow to put Lara in obviously comical situations unless someone else is the butt of the joke.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Doukeshi][SIZE=1']I just can't get the hang of this comedy malarky. It seems odd somehow to put Lara in obviously comical situations unless someone else is the butt of the joke.[/SIZE][/quote]

[color=#333333]I see what you mean. But, I am the opposite. I'm bad with comical situations but I have the perfect character for it. I mean, come [i]on[/i]! It's Mario!

But it's okay, because Imi and ULX's posts cracked me up. So, hopefully together, we'll win. ^_^[/color]

[quote name='Lrb][color=#333333']But it's okay, because Imi and ULX's posts cracked me up. So, hopefully together, we'll win. ^_^[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Well, with Kuja it's hard not to be funny in a situation like this. =p

Hopefully we'll win this one, even though we don't have Solo T_T

*determined face!*[/SIZE]

The challenge's going great guys, keep it up! ;D I [I]especially[/I] love how some people are using their special skills to their advantage.

It's good to see the players that have posted the least as well. Statistics reveal that everybody has posted at least twice to the game thread (not that it matters much to me; I just want people to have fun!).

[B]Unborn Lord Xion[/B]: I think I'll let Riku keep Squishy for future fun. ;D

[Color=DarkBlue]Outlaw, I'm sorry if I made Carl act in a funny way after Ada slapped him, but I somehow figured he wouldn't hit back. If I'm wrong, I can gladly change it.

On the other side..

Where'd Dante, Misturugi, and Samus go? :P[/color]