OtakuBoards

Pokemon

Evilelf1989

I think they have went a little too far with pokemon. Its a great show but it has been
on TV since I was in 2nd grade and im now in 10th. They made at least 10 pokemon games for gameboy/GBA, 3 or 4 games for the N64, and the same amount for GC. WERE BEING OVERWHEMLED BY POKEMON!! :animestun Soon there going to name the gameboy games for poke'mon after seasons cause they ran out of names.(and I will scream if they do) Ok thanks for letting me speak about this. :babble:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The games are good. However the show is horrible. The same thing hapopens in eveything. Ash and crew meet new people with new pokemon , then team rocket comes to take pikachu. They fail and Ash says goodbye to his new friend and they walk off into the sunset. THATS IT this show is about 976 episodes long and its the same stuff over and over again. Sorry if I offended any pokemon fans but this is my opinion I just really hate this show :mad: .

Yes there is far to much Pokemon though I personally only credit the following as being legitimate: Pokemon the series, the gameboy games blue and red, the card game (and gb version), and lastly pokemon snap on n64. Everything after that was just to far.

I remember being a huge fan of Pokemon in primary school and now I'm in University. So yeah...

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I agree with most on here. Pokemon started right after I graduated high school. I have never played the card game, but the idea was cute for a while. That is until everytime I turned around there was a new movie and cards everyone. I mean I worked at Walmart and kids were stealing cards constantly. I mean steal one card out of a package! Pokemon needs to fade away. I think it's just a marketing thing and it has no originality anymore...

[font=trebuchet ms][size=2][color=purple]I must say that they have gone a bit too far...I used to love Pokemon and quite frankly I still like it but the new series and the constantly new pokemon are way too much! Half of them don't even faintly resemble what a pokemon should look like! So I agree with you guys even though I'm a fan. They've gone completely overboard.[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Evilelf1989]I think they have went a little too far with pokemon. Its a great show but it has been
on TV since I was in 2nd grade and im now in 10th. They made at least 10 pokemon games for gameboy/GBA, 3 or 4 games for the N64, and the same amount for GC. WERE BEING OVERWHEMLED BY POKEMON!! :animestun Soon there going to name the gameboy games for poke'mon after seasons cause they ran out of names.(and I will scream if they do) Ok thanks for letting me speak about this. :babble:[/QUOTE]
It's true.. :animesigh we are just getting to overwehmled by pokemon :animestun Frist it was 150 and I knew all of them but then numbers changed :animestun and I think it was 200-something then.. :animenose I LOST TRACK... :flush:

Well, I was addicted to Pokemon during 3rd and 4th grade. Waking up and watching Pokemon was a routine. They are putting out too much Pokemon though. What happened to the good old days when there were 150 and not 500 or however many they have now. Since I'm out of the whole Pokemon craze, it drives me nuts everytime they send out a new set or cards or a new game. :animeknow

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly, i was a fan of that series and a patron of their products (i'm not buying them, i just download the games!!). But not that I'm at age (i'm turnin 20), my passion to pokemon faded due to the advent of other great anime series. First, the art in that series isn't that great, even the girls aren't that attractive. In terms of their games, I would say that i've been overdosed with that and now i'm going to other rpg games that are way much better, though i admit that their games were the first rpg games i played.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I dunno. I loved it when I was little- first anime I ever saw (even though I didn't really realize that it was anime until, like, two years ago.:animeswea ) Anyway, I like the games- they amuse me- but I relaize now, after watching it with my little cousin at my grandma's house, they're all too happy. And the concepts of friendship and "if you try you can do anything" are a bit much.
And after some random reflection on it a few days ago, I hate that way they do the eyes of the people; they're all, like, one out of two shapes- either really pointy at the edges or really tall. They drag the series on and on and on and keep coming up with new junk to prolong it's enevidable death and they don't even use the cool freak-out expressions.
(But I do think that Pikachu is adorable!:catgirl: )[/COLOR]

When I was younger Pokemon was the greatest thing that I ever saw on t.v. But lately the new seasons are reaaly bad. Bascially the whole series is to prediectable. Ash and friends travel the Pokemon world to become a Pokemon Master. To make the series exciting Ash loses to the Gym leaders once in a while, but the gym leaders give Ash a second chance or Team Rockets disturb his battle. Ash Katch'em always win his battles. Even when Ash gets the greatest Pokemon ever like when his Pigiotto evolves into a Pigiot. His Pigiot could fly Ash and friends anywhere in the Pokemon World instead of walking. Ash and friends take a really long time to walk to the next gym battle town. When Ash finally get to a town it only takes two episode to defeat the gym leader and leave the town. :animeswea

In the movies it is all the same. Ash and friends meet new friends and reallly cool awsome pokemon, but as always at the end of the movies Ash and friends say good bye to their new friend in a tearing crying mode. Also Ash never catches the ultimate pokemon he see, he lets then go or escape like Lugia, Slowking,Mew,Mewtwo,Jirachi, ans Dexoys. If he caught these Pokemon then he would be the unstopable Pokemon Master. Ash never became a Pokemon Master. :mad: :animeangr :animedepr :animeknow

yea sorry but pokemon has goten boring they are like trying to attrack new older people to get in to the games and stuff but the only people they attract are my brother and his little friends (hes 6 years old) couldnt they just leave the original the way it was more people liked it that way
now its just boring :sleep: :sleep:

• 3 months later...
[U][B]Man that had to e the worst pokemon movie ever[/B]. [/U] they got rid of all the good voice actors :animeangr . and put in a bunch of crappy one's :animeangr i mean i think the only original voice was pikachu :animesigh . i hope they don't do that to the cartoon series or pokemon would be finished :animecry: . i mean this one made pokemon the third movie worth buying. i hope they don't make a pile of crap like that ever again. :mad: but please tell me what you all think.[INDENT][COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1] [B]AnimeHeroX1[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Pokemon thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. With at least fifteen different Pokemon titles, the number of threads would be very confusing so lets stick to just one. So please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Sienna][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Sienna][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Man I used to love Pokemon, but they never got to an end, I remember hearing rumors the last episode would be Gary Vs. Ash etc. but it never ends, they've released like 800 episodes, are there any other animes with that many episodes?

Guest Metal Dragon
To much pokemon!? I'm not sure about that but I do agree that it's been on for a long amount of time. I wouldn't care if they take it off since I rarely have time to watch the show nowadays, yesterday I learned that they started a new season.