OtakuBoards

Pokemon

Evilelf1989

[COLOR=Blue]I love Pokemen. I'm 19 years old, but I still tape it every time its on. :catgirl: The Pokemons are so cute! Not only that, the GB games are so much fun. I must admit, I have never finished a single game :animeswea because if I do, all of the data would be erased, and for me, it's like all of my Pokemon dying. NOOOOOOOOO :animecry:[/COLOR]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah yesh. Pokemon. I was a fan of it initally when I was....er...*thinks*...I think I was 11 or 12 and I'm now 18 and that fanness has kinda died out over the past five years. I think when it comes down to it, at least in my opinion, they've stretched out what was a really good show for the first few series' and made it go on too long. Are Team Rocket still in it? I dunno, ain't watched it for sooo long. It's odd though. If it comes on tv, I'll probably still watch it just to see what it's like.

Btw, what GB game are they on now? Platinum? Honestly, I've lost track.

~Forest

PS: Pokemon Stadium for N64 was actually quite good though. ^^

[quote name='Raina][COLOR=Blue']I have never finished a single game :animeswea because if I do, all of the data would be erased, and for me, it's like all of my Pokemon dying. NOOOOOOOOO :animecry:[/COLOR][/quote]Eh~? I've beaten the Elite Four a few times... I've captured MewTwo...

I haven't caught all 150 yet in my Yellow Version but I don't recall any of my friends saying that all their data was cleared when they did.

[quote name='Forest']Btw, what GB game are they on now? Platinum? Honestly, I've lost track.[/quote][b]Pokemon Emerald[/b] was released for the GBA on April 30 2005.
[b]Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness[/b] was released for GCN on September 28, 2005. xD
[b]Pokemon Mystery Dungeon[/b] will be released for the DS on September 18 2006. (You wont be a trainer, you'll control a Pokemon.)

Recently in Japan they released [b]Pokemon Rangers[/b] where you and Zordon... *cough*... where you "preserve nature and wildlife by using Pokemon" (Gamespot). This was released on March 23, 2006.

-r2

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=r2vq]Eh~? I've beaten the Elite Four a few times... I've captured MewTwo...

I haven't caught all 150 yet in my Yellow Version but I don't recall any of my friends saying that all their data was cleared when they did.

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Blue]Are you serious? Does that mean I can finally finish a game? :animesmil But wait a minute... What do you do when you've caught all the Pokemon, defeated the Elite 4 and have nothing else to do? :( Not only that I had this friend who said that his game finished (like the data got deleted) when he caught Mew.
:animestun I'm getting really confused...

[/COLOR]

[quote name='Raina][COLOR=Blue']Not only that I had this friend who said that his game finished (like the data got deleted) when he caught Mew.[/COLOR][/quote]He was probably using a hack like Gameshark or something, because you can't catch Mew in the game. But I digress, if you want to talk about Pokemon the game, you'll have to do it in [b][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12]Play It[/URL][/b] because this thread is reserved for the Pokemon Anime. ^^ Sorry about that, it was my fault for going off topic in the first place.

-r2

I still watch Pokemon today :x The problem is, I think it is getting a bit too corny. I don't know if it's because I've seen too much Pokemon or whatever. :animeswea I still remember back in like Grade 2-3? There was Pokemon I believe and [I]everyone[/I] either played the TCG or watched it on TV. In our class, not one person was not involved with Pokemon in any way.

Anyways, I found it EXTREMELY bad that even now, (what? Is it the 7th season or what? I don't know...), that Team Rocket is still trying to steal the same pokemon -coughcough-...

Also, I think it's weird how all these seasons have passed by and Ash remains the same! He's still that short kid walking around with that voice (or something like it). Why does he not grow up?! Why is Brock still like that? Why is everyone still so young? Why is Pikachu still...Pikachu when Ash uses Pikachu ALL THE TIME?

[quote name='wishful']He's still that short kid walking around with that voice (or something like it).[/quote]There was some news earlier this month about how they'll be replacing the Pokemon VAs with sound-alikes. I find it a little sad since I'm so used to this Ash Ketchum's voice.

[QUOTE]Why is Brock still like that?[/QUOTE]Because we all know that we love Brock and would choose him over Tracy Sketchit any day. ..Orange Islands what?

[QUOTE]Why is Pikachu still...Pikachu when Ash uses Pikachu ALL THE TIME?[/QUOTE]Because you need a Thunder Stone to evolve a Pikachu to Raichu. d'uh~ ;)

-r2

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='wishful']Why is Pikachu still...Pikachu when Ash uses Pikachu ALL THE TIME?[/quote]
A better question would be why didn't Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil ( :heart: ), and Totodile evolve? They evolved at such low levels (16, 16, 14, and 18), and Ash got Bulbasaur before Charmander, who fully evolved to Charizard... But I guess Charmander evolving first is understood based on how Ash abused Flamethrower on that one episode when they were fighting all those Eggs-a-q-tor <--(no clue how to spell it...try to sound it out. :animeswea )[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Rin moon
I think Pikachu,Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile should NOT evolve. And i like Ash and Brock the way they are, I miss Misty though. Dont you?

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Misty was cool, and a possible love interest for Ash, but I doubt that they would of taken it farther...I always had this sneaking thought that maybe one day...ony day...*gazes off at the horizon...*

But really, I think Ash would think of Misty more like a sister, considering how long they've been travelling together.

Also, r2vq, I thought Brock was a lot cooler than Tracy as well. As much as I love Scyther, I don't think he could of taken down Brock's Onix. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]^I still bet you that Brock could be the perfect stalker.

The thing I have always wondered that after all the stuff that pikachu has gone from. His level should be so high that just touching someone should cause an instant ko or whatever. Yet he is almost always beaten at one point or another by someone else. The level system is sooo off.

Also I always have found it odd. Trying to imagine other pokemon eating one another to survive. I mean it is nature and all and there isnt a center just around the corner where everyone gets free food and all, and no I am not goin to even touch mating.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As much as I love Scyther, I don't think he could of taken down Brock's Onix. :p [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I don't know, wasn't Scyther a plant type? Though I guess level system makes a difference. [QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The level system is sooo off.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote] ...Or maybe not... ;)

-r2

Guest 5ilv3r F0x
I used to love pokemon when I was little, now I just love the stuff that makes fun of it. It always seem to be the same thing. They run into Team Rocket, they dont know its really Team Rocket (even though there is a talking pokemon with them) and they try to steal Pica after their stupid speach. Its so monotonous.
Dont get me wrong, I dont hate the people that watch the show. they are ok. Im just saying I have moved on to other animes more my age (Like Gravitation, Loveless, and FMA). Its ok if you like it, watch it thats what I say.

• 4 months later...
The shows are getting lamer and lamer, while the games are getting better and better! Of course that's just my opinion!
[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Ginkaze[/B], OtakuBoards is a discussion based forum and putting more content into your posts is a must. For example, why do you think it is getting lamer and why are the games getting better? Don't make a point and then take off. Back up your points with actual examples and reasons. Posts like this one are considered spam and further ones along this line will be deleted. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ginkaze']The shows are getting lamer and lamer, while the games are getting better and better! Of course that's just my opinion![/quote]

It's true!! Well, sort of. The show may have stepped up in animation quality(i.e., it looks sharper and newer), but i think the overall action portion of it has dropped. At least the drawing style back then was actually better as an older style, if you know what im saying. All of the action bits just looked more appealing, and still do!

So, that's just my take. Also, i think the script, and the giudlines for some episodes, have dropped in quality as well.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Gothic InuYasha']Pokemon is horrible (sorry you guys). But why not just continue the origional series. Noooooooo! They have to make several othe series to progress the first story. I think it's some kind of pyramid marketing sceme
I 100% agree with you. It has gone way, way, way, way, way too far. I liked it when there were only 150. It was so much easier to memorize them all. The newer ones are also pretty stupid. I used to like the show, but once they changed it, I stopped watching it.

P. S. (scheme is spellt with an "H")

[COLOR=Lime]I've seen all the shows since I was little I can't remember how young I was but now I'm in the 8th grade and I think that Pokemon is a little bit too much right now. It's cool how there's legendary pokemon but when you said that they're going to name the games after the seasons I think that they need to sometime end the series soon or I'll go blisstic. It a great show I admit that but there is way too much Pokemon out there now.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Evilelf1989]I think they have went a little too far with pokemon. Its a great show but it has been
on TV since I was in 2nd grade and im now in 10th.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]I have to agree with you. Well... mostly anyway. I know where you're going with this. The series was on since I was in 3rd Grade, and I'm in 9th now. It was probably on for longer, but that's when I discovered it at least. It made sense to continue the series for a little longer after the first season, but they just made too many branches and variations of it, so I quickly lost interest in it.

And to think... I used to be a huge fan when I was younger, and now I could care less...[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I can't belive people are still watching this garbage :rolleyes: . At first I loved pokemon the original collection of the 8 badges was enjoyable and it was great to see new pokemon introduced. I wish it had stayed at 150 pokemon now theres so many i cant even count. I knew the series was going downhill was after the first movie which was God awful(Mewtoo vs Mew). Now all the episodes are the same how many times are they going to beat team rocket? Truth is pokemon was enjoyable when i was younger and id like to see the earlier ones again. But now the show is utter repetive crap. It should have ended 100 epsodes ago.

Well I personally love pokemon. It was the very first semi anime show I have ever seen and it is what got me hooked in the first place. Also the games got me hooked on rpg's. I?m glad that they continue to make more and more of it so that the younger generations can enjoy it as well. In the future maybe that is how I will get my own son to like the same thing his daddy does. I mean really if pokemon stopped making new stuff no one would ever see the old stuff and it would just get pushed under the shelf and would never get thought of again.

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][B]Well, on a brighter side, it was actually the first ever anime I saw. It was enjoyable, and me and my friends used to act like Pokemon and stuff. I collected alot of action figures, and the best part is, you weren't considered uncool or an outcast by liking it. Half the reason I gave up watching it. The other half... I don't think I have to repeat myself...[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 months later...
Pokemon, yeah, that's just one of those "back in the day" shows that I myself am proud of! It's one of the most joyful things of my youth, and I'm glad to say, that as long as it's still here, I can hold on to my youth for just a little longer....

It also formally introduced me to the art style that is anime. Since then, I could always tell whether something came from Japan, or was Japanese-oriented. Then, I decided to expand my circle of interests.....and here I am!!

• 2 weeks later...
I also think pokemon has gone a little too far. I remember when it was more popular when I was in 2nd grade. It was cute and fun to watch then. I think I got to a point where I could name any pokemon from the original 151 by looking at their pictures, but that was about 7 years ago. I can't believe pokemon is still on tv, they just kept on going, and going, and going! :animestun! I can't believe they are still going!They probably have about 500 different pokemon now, if not more, and who in the world can keep up with that if they haven't grown out of it already. In my opinion, there's pretty much no point in the show anymore. It's all the same. There' s other pokemon stuff that's not as bad, like the games for gameboy and stuff, I still have those, there fun. Collecting cards was kinda fun too, but the show has gotten so boring :sleep: That's just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone that still watches it :animeswea