OtakuBoards

Heavy Metal

Guest chobitslover90

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called Nu-Metal. "Mallcore" is a much more degrading word. I mean, just look at it! It's much more sarcastic than "Nu-Metal", which is now simply the official term for that kind of music. The term "mallcore" is simply a degrading way of saying nu-metal. Actually, the term "mallcore" can refer to the music [I]or[/I] the actual people (Hot Topic pants, lots of plastic bracelets, etc.).

But the answer to your question is, again, Nu-Metal.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Box Hoy]Limp Bizkit. Isn't that a game that perverted teenagers play...never mind.

Anyhow, I classify Murderdolls as more punkish than Wednesday 13, even though their nearly the same. I would say they're a shock rock band like Rob Zombie with a faster sound. I mean, just listen. The electric guitars and drum beat isn't meant for punk. It's a speeding shock rock band...

Take the song "I Walked with a Zombie" Definetly fast, definetly hard, and definetly...shocking. I don't see a better place for him.[/QUOTE]

shock rock? nu metal? etc etc

you got good heavy metal, you got rock, then you got all the ******** in between who dont cut it, enough of this already ffs
:rolleyes:

To be brutally honest I don't really know what alot of what you guys are talking about when you all start spliting everything up into genres. I noticed in the thread that alot of you guys where talking about Power Metal and I'm a big fan of bands such as Dragonforce, 3 Inches of Blood, Saxon and Dio, while also loving the NWOBHM genre with my favourite bands Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

I also like a band called Anathema but not sure where they would fit in, along with the old school metal bands like Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth although I only like the early stuff from Megadeth and Metallica.

I also like Bands like Napalm Death, Deicide, Akerchocke, God Forbid, Pantera, Damageplan, In Flames, Mudvayne, Kill Switch Engage, Sepultura, Machine Head and Fear Factory. I don't really know what genre they belong to though.

Yeah, subgenres don't matter that much if you're not really trying to discuss minor details as far as musical theory goes. The only reason terms like "Blackened Power Metal" or "Technical Death Metal" show up is for indexing certain sounds. For example, if I'm really in the mood for melodic music, I'm going to ask someone about Power Metal, Melodic Death Metal, or something along those lines. That's really the purpose of the subgenres.