OtakuBoards

What does your custom title mean?

Guest Darth_Goober

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I'm confused... should we enter in what each of our custom titles mean, or just lock it up?

Ah well, I'm going to tell everyone about my custom title, even if you call don't care. :p

So right now, it's midterms week, and I have had a lot of work to do, studying to get done, and very high hurdles to leap. The first step to accomplishing such goals that seem to be insurmountable is to believe in yourself. If you do this, and fight your hardest for your goal, you will [probably, at least] succeed.

For future reference, all my custom titles have a cool deeper meaning like that. Man, I'm a loser.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Custom titles, huh? Well, mine is from my AP Literature class.[B] "In Media Res"[/B] is a Latin term for [B]"In the Middle of It"...[/B]it's a loose translation in my title, but it's a literary term used for plot, really. To start in the middle, tell about the beginning, and follow the story all the way through to the end.

The reason I use this is because I get stuck in the middle of a lot of things in my life, one of the most important at the moment is dealing with my friends. But we won't go into detail. :p[/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Hmm... Though the orginal thread's purpose was to guess what your custom title stands for, Darth_Goober, That would not result in any form of a productive discussion, and the thread would spawn much spam, and most likely of been locked up rather quickly. But, if the topic at hand is switched to "What does YOUR custom title mean?" Then I can see this thread having potential for quality discussion. A perfect example of what's expected is Retribution's post. Where he has provided a reasoning behind his custom title. As long as everyone can follow that guideline, this thread shall remain open :bow:

Please keep these factors in mind when posting in the future, Darth_Goober. And if you have any questions, feel free to PM myself or another staff member.

Oh, and I'm also going to change the thread's title to better fit the new subject.[/FONT]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Well duh it basically means for everyone to just call me Kuro. My username is rather long so instead I tell my friends here to call me Kuro. :catgirl:

My custom title well its in french. It means "Nature is my power, I'm the Queen of Ice" It symbolizes my love of nature as well as it matches my username because of its symbolism. It shows the two sides of ice, one as snow that everyone likes and the other as Ice who people fear. :catgirl:

[color=dimgrey]My title, well to it have any meaning at all it requires you to have some knowledge of the ska scene past and present, either will do. But depending on what time you know of the title has different meaning.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rude_boy[/url]

Rude Boy as it is applied to me has more meaning in the newer ska scene sense of the word. But the fashion in the scene remains the same, suits and such. So to sum up, Its my title because I'm really into what people would call the ska scene.[/color]

My custom title is the catch-phrase from a Japanese kids' song, お弁当箱の歌 (The Lunch Box Song). The full lyrics can be found [url=http://members.ecatv.home.ne.jp/tomoyant/asobi/obentou.htm][u]here[/u][/url]. Basically, it's about these animals who get themselves into troublesome situations. As soon as they realize they're in a real pickle, they decide to ignore it, grab their obentou (lunch boxes) and shout "それでおひる" (sorede ohiru), which in context means "Time for lunch!" I very much agree with that philosophy. Hence the title. :animesmil

~Dagger~

Mine is just my way of expressing my independence. I don't care what anybody else thinks of me. I read manga in school, and watch it in the living room of my house. I talk about it with my firends whenever wherever. I know to some that doesn't mean much, but I have seen many who only boast there anime obcession in privacy, speaking of it to know one, like there embarassed. I'm not embarassed, in fact I broadcast it to any who are willing to listen. Mine is the only opinion that matters in my life. All I Need is Myself.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Like the meaning of my username, there's no great secret as to the reasoning behind my custom title. When V7 first came online for people to use, I remember looking at the custom title section and trying to think of some very deep title I could give myself to sound both wise and important. Anyway after a few minutes of thought I decided simply on The Irishman because it's what I am, and what I'm known for, aside from RPing that is. So simply putting down the Irishman was the perfect title because it's who I am in a two simple words.

I actually considered changing it a few weeks ago, though the actual meaning would have stayed the same, as I was going to use the title [i]An tEireannach[/i], which means The Irishman in Irish. But seeing as I've stuck with it so far I don't really see the need to change it, though I would prefer if someone didn't nab An tEireannach as I quite like it too.[/SIZE]

My title is there, partially because I think it sounds cool, and partially because I tend to blow the little nothings in life into something huge and not pleasant. When I take a step back from everything, I realize that my life is really anticlimactic. Nothing of importance ever happens, so there's no reason for all of the added drama.

I guess my actions are just another way to stir things up a bit and cause tension all around. Otherwise, life would get boring pretty quickly, and I can't stand boredom.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Mine states that in KH, when some people (not everyone) didn't really like Riku that much because he turned bad in the end. But, actually, in the end, he realized the error of his ways and went back to being the nice person that he really is.

So, my custom title means that even if Kairi, Sora and everyone else forgot what Riku actually set out to do; which was save Kairi and take her with him everywhere, I will never, ever forget that we all make mistakes and lose the path that we were on and that I will always remember his true purpose, which was a kind and caring one after all[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT]

[size=1]I'm the kind of person who has a lot of extremes which might seem unusual when compared, things that might seem at odds with one another. See me in different situations and I can be an entirely different person.

Actually, I just liked the title, and felt that it meshed well with banner and avatar set, so yeah. Nothing deep, but it sounds damn cool.[/size]

Well my custom title has to do with my name, which I spelt wrong (Way Of The Reversed Blade). And Is kind of difficult to explain on the computer because I do not want to get into a whole bunch of stuff about philosophy and the way I choose to live my life. But I think from that you can figure it out on your own. :D

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Mine is 'Purple...The colour of Royalty' because that's what purple sometimes considered a colour for people with high rank.. not that I am a aristocrat. It's just because of my whole purple theme.
Also, because of my avatar, and signature. It's a character from a manga/anime who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips. :animeswea He also thinks he's royalty. So... that's basically it. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Orange]Mine is boring.
But I figured I'd tell you all about it anyway, because I'm good like that =D

Mine is 'Music Addict', because I literally do not do anything without music. I sleep with my radio on, I listen to music all the time when I'm on the computer, I listen to music while doing homework or studying, and at school, during tests or a work period, when I'm allowed. Whenever I get into the car with my Mom, the first thing I do is change the radio station to my favourite. She always comments on it, asking me if I can go a minute without my music. And then I just laugh at her. Alot. I just wish that they would play sort of 'pump it up' music at soccer. Then I'd be set XD

So yeah... now you know :cool: [/COLOR] [/FONT]