OtakuBoards

Soooo....What Chya Gettin'?

Attimus331

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, Christmas is coming up, in case there was somebody out there who didn't realize this. And i was wondering what everybody was getting/giving. Also you could mention some memorable gifts, maybe to give some other people here some good gift ideas for that special someone.

Unfortunately, i don't really have much to say on my own subject. I think this is the first year that there really isn't anything i want. I'll probably end up getting money, how boring. Eh, if only i had 3 grand so i could buy that sweet guitar.... oh well. Haha.

Later. [/COLOR][/FONT]

If you're insinuating that you usually know beforehand what you're getting for Christmas, then you, sir, are a [i]heathen[/i]. You should never know what you're getting for Christmas before you get it, otherwise why not just skip out on getting presents for each other, and just use the season to buy stuff for yourself?

[size=1](Actually, that doesn't sound half bad...)
[size=2]
*cough* But as for giving, the only present of any interest to talk about is the Muppet Show season 1 DVD, which I saw at Hastings and knew was going to go to my older brother. XD
[/size][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]So far, my sister bought me a present. She wrapped up all her presents for my siblings, and my parents, and left them on the table to taunt us. I think she got me an article of clothing because, I saw a clothing store bag...She got rid of the recipts though...

Well, since I don't have a job, I'm making everyone bookmarks! I'm making a Narnia, ToS, Sesshomaru, Sasuke, X-men, Pocky, some person from 'The Who', and many more bookmarks for my family and friends.

Today, I went to the store to buy somebody a present for Secret Santa in my Dance class. We wrote down what we wanted for $10 and under, and the person I got, wasn't in class! Therefore, it was blank! I asked somebody, and she said, the person liked the colour purple, and Tweety, so I bought her a purple ring. I think she might have said something about not wearing rings one time in class... Oh well! Does anybody else have gift idea problems[/COLOR]?

[quote name='Who?]If you're insinuating that you usually know beforehand what you're getting for Christmas, then you, sir, are a [i]heathen[/i]. [/size'][/size][/quote][color=#333333][font=trebuchet ms]Quoted for truth.

I got my mom some Pink Panther stuff back this summer (a little doll or two, and a canvas bag), so that's cute and fun. My sister's getting a cool-looking clock (I have to fix it first) and a Batman watch (heh, I just noticed that they're both timepieces.) I want to get my dad [url=http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Bloodhound-of-the-Law-Posters_i1113465_c133_.htm]this sign[/url], but I
m not sure where I'd find it.

As for my two brothers, I have no idea yet what I am giving them. :)[/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]I always find that buying for guys is helluva lot harder than girls. 'Tis annoying, when I'm staying with one for two weeks this Christmas. =/

My mum's getting an assortment of nice candles and a square display plate to put them on. I've also bought her a wooden frame and drawn a picture of her favourite flowers to put in it. Hopefully she likes it.

My friends are getting...things that aren't expensive because I'm selfish. I'm buying them in America, so ULX has lots of shopping to look forward to.

I bought my dad socks (yes, yes I did) and a nice, thick jumper. I also bought him incense sticks because...well, let's not go there.

ULX is getting...various things which I hope he likes, and I'm getting lots of money...apparently.

I'm also getting a new mobile phone (yay!), Terry Pratchett books and silly little gift things to do with sheep, no doubt. And CDs, lots of them. The reason I know what I'm getting is because my family ask me. There will be little silly things my mum buys me as stocking fillers that I don't know about, but I usual have an inkling as to what my main presents are.[/SIZE]

I have no clue what I'm getting (except for a few things... some Murakami novels and possibly The Cure's [i]Disintegration[/i]), and I like it a lot better that way. Christmas is so much more fun when it's full of surprises. Of course that doesn't stop me from lurking around the Christmas tree every now and then to screw with my parents. ;)

Well I know first hand that I don't know what I'm getting for Christmas, I know what I'm giving almost everyone though. I'm baking cookies all night tonight so I can deliver them on Monday morning for the friends I'm not to see during Christmas break. :catgirl:

I usually just get chocolate and alcohol and take it with me when I see friends (no money haha! hurrah for cheap champagne from ASDA!) I don't mind buying for guys, I get my male friends either cheap toys, action figures or spirits.

I know I'm getting driving lessons. It's the only thing I want, but I'm sure I'll be getting a DVD or a music CD as well. Not sure which one's though...

The guy I had for Secret Santa loves the classic Sonic games, so I got him a Sonic plushie that says quotes from the silly little teevee series Sonic X *lol* I love it when he says 'As long as there's somewhere to run... I'll be happy!'

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Well, this year, I don't know what I'm getting, but my madre y padre always get me something that they know I would want: anime, manga, video games...anything that they know I would like. My dad knows what Ilike, but my mom is the person who always gets me something that she knows I would like, hence me liking her better. Lol. XD

Anyways, as for giving...well, I didn' get any of my friends anything because I am downright poor. That's right, you heard me: P-O-O-R. XD Actually, one of my friends is an OBer, and I realized he didn't have a banner and avatar, so...I made him a set with Link and his screen name. Needless to say, it wasn't very good I thought..u.u; But, he PMed me back saying that he loved it. I was like..woah...really?? XD But, yeah.. I'll prolly get some anime stuff and video games..you know, the whole shebang. *ex dee* XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]For me that is a rather good question since I have no Idea what I really want for christmas. I mean christmass is already almost here and here I am.. I have no Idea what I want.. Well If I want something It would be a Color printer for once...I mean I like the lazerjet one we have already. ITs just...black and white.. Maby photoshop if I am lucky though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I have yet to go Christmas shopping, which shows how much I have no clue what to get the people I know. I have to get something for my boyfriend, mom and best friend and I'm lost. As for me getting gifts, my family decided to donate money to a charity and forget gifts this year claiming it was too "stressful". Then they decided to do gifts, and I have exactly one gift and I guessed what it is too. Let's just say I'm greatful but I already have something that's um..better quality?

Most of the presents are going to go to my 2 year old nephew, Austin who's getting toys, clothes, and a powerwheel's truck. But that's expected, 'cause atleast in my family as you get older you get less presents. I guess one gift that I won't use is better then nothing eh? I think my boyfriend may give me one too, atleast I'm hoping lol after all he is my boyfriend and that's what boyfriends do...right? [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Purple]Christmas has always been fun for me because I always have rediculously low expectations due to our financial state then my parents turn around and throw the best Christmas ever. Not this year, I already know what my present is, but I'm content with just one, after all, why the hell should I get anything when I don't do anything beneficial towards the family XD. But yeah, I've been leaked that I'm getting Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for Nintendo Gamecube this Christmas. I can't wait, now I'll have all 3 FEs. As for my family, my grandma toook me and my two bros to the dollar tree and let us get 2 gifts for each person (or more for friends) I was extra thoughtful with mine so Im sure theyll all be like YAY![/COLOR]

This year for Christmas I wil be receiveing:

2 books
3 video games
1 manga
1 anime plushie
6 DVDs
1 pair of slippers

And that's just what I am recieving from my parents. Some of my family and acquaintances will probably give me some gifts as well.

The only thing that I know I'm getting for certain is a set of very VERY nice chopsticks. You know, the kind you can use over and over and not have to worry about bacteria making themselves a comfy little home, white picket fence and a lovely garden worthy of the Garden District's approval. I only know that because I begged my mom to get it for me, and she bought it that very day.

Other than that, the only thing that is really on my list are socks and some more shirts. Or the rest of the Gundam Seed manga, if my parents want to buy them for me. Or money is good, that way I can buy Advent Children when I see it on DVD...or even Serenity.

As for the giving part, I normally do something cheap, simple, and sweet. Maybe buy someone a drink or make some cookies. I know, it's not much, but I also know that my friends just adore me when I buy them a mocha latte for their birthday. :catgirl: That's why it's so great to spend a lot of your free time at the local book store!

[SIZE=1]My Christmas is very special, but not one of surprise.

My parents don't really go through the whole hints thing. I've written a Christmas list ever since I was writing it to Santa (hey, who says I'm not still?), and my parents do their thing with it. They even ask me to edit it if it's got too much stuff on it it - which it certainly did this year. I put less pricey stuff on specifically designated for my siblings, and they I. The surprise presents are the most fun though, but we all still have a very nice Christmas.

I hope to get a really good digital-camcorder, but they're all so expensive it's annoying. That'll probably be about my only present, but I'm also hoping for some combination of Final Fantasy IV Advance, a new battery for my laptop, and a new mouthpiece for my clarinet.

Funny, those three things really some up a lot about me. Final Fantasy 4, because I'm a Video Gamer all the way, battery for my lappie because I love tech and computers, and finally, my uber-clari-mouthpieice because I'm a self-proclaimed band geek in my school's highest band.

(I) Rock on.
~Ryo[/SIZE]

I, as usual, am a bit late on my Christmas shopping. Hopefully I can get that taken care of in the next day or so. As far as what I am getting, I wanted a X-Box 360, but that appears to be out of the question. So I really have no clue what I am getting.

[color=#4B0082]My family used to keep everything secret. Only a few times (at least to my knowledge) did anyone know for sure what they were getting. Then we woke up and realized that trying to buy things for people without directly asking them what they want can be a stressful pain in the butt that no one wanted to deal with. So we kind of stopped doing that.

Now from around the start of December, the question, "What do you want this year?" starts to float around the house. Usually people have one or two more expensive things they'd like, so people usually end up going together to put money in on them. In my case, I'm asking for a new TV, since the one I have now is an old piece of crap that really needs to be replaced. So most of the family will probably be putting money in on that.

And I have to disagree that a lack of secrecy makes gift giving pointless. The way my family does things, as described above, people usually end up a lot happier with their gifts than if everyone had separately bought them something small and random. Which means people are also happier about giving the gifts, because they know they're giving the person something they'll really enjoy. And with most or all of the rest of the family putting money in on things together, they can usually buy something the person wouldn't be able to afford by themself.[/color]

and i will be recieving a drunken " can you move out yet?" from my father and $50 to stay out of his hair for a couple of days. merry christmas :animeangr sorry christmas has never been a good season for me. i have drunks ( the unfun kind, violence, letchery) on my dads side and sociopaths on my moms. and i get dragged to several places to smile at people i can't stand. good times, good times...

I'm too poor to buy anyone anything. My parents are to poor to lend me the money to do so. They're also too poor to get me anything. And my brother and sister have been sent a whole bunch of stuff from my grandparents. Not one thing for me, though. Yes, I checked the boxes. They were already wrapped and had the name tags on them. This was when my mom told me "Don't you DARE go into my room!" Which means that there's usually something for me. I guess she didn't want me to have the disappointment. Oh well. It's just Christmas. I still have some Baccardi, so I can celebrate New Year's instead. Bwahaha for staying up late, gorging myself on lots of food, and drinking alcohol...while watching a horror movie.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

My family is fairly like Des' in that everyone has some idea of what they're getting for Christmas, but there's always one or two gifts that end up being a surprise. I definitely agree with him when he says that it makes getting/giving presents a much more relaxed affair as you don't have to try and work out what would be a good present without directly asking them.

In recent years I've been trying to convince my parents and siblings to band together to get one big present for everyone instead of four small ones, say "To Gavin from Everyone" as opposed to "To Gavin from Mum and Dad", and three other similar presents. This Christmas I'm just looking for money, as my ticket to Tasmania has already depleted my bank account to nearly empty and I'm trying to gather together some spending money.[/SIZE]

ooh...well it's really not that much of a secret...
my mom even told me...
she was like "You wanna know what ur going to get?"
Me: *shruggs* Not really...
(i'd like to keep it unrevealed...)
mom: well...ur dad's giving u a mini-ipod and i'm buying u that stupid
electric guitar you've been gawking at all year
Yea...i was a little bit shocked.
Usually they give DVD's or...i dunno, stuff from Hot Topic...
but...i seriously thought sumthing was wrong with them...!
Either i had ACTUALLY been a good girl or they had lost a few screws...
I'm going with the second option!
But...i have no idea what to give!
Any suggestions?? :animestun

[size=1][font=georgia]I made my list a while ago, my mom I know already bought the presents (and is hiding them somewhere), but I do not find a big deal in finding the presents, so I'm just chilling out.

My mom probably mixed up what she got me, so I expect a fine Christmas this year. I'm going to have Christmas dinner with my dad probably this Monday, and there will be a party at my house this Friday. Then afterwards I'm just gonna chill out and take up the time I don't have school by playing DDR or something.

As for giving, I plan to get my friend a cheap DDR mat because she doesn't have one of her own but has the game. I'm getting my other friend some eyeliner and all, and then ten dollars to my other friend. It's not the best list ever, but I'm try.

For recieving from friends, I know I'm getting barbie stickers and a package of sharpies.[/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]Well of course I don't [i]know[/i] what I'm getting, but I gave my parents ideas. There isn't really anything I [i]really[/i] want. So I just wrote down some things I'd like.

- Digital camera
- Printer (our current one broke)
- Some random N64 (my brother knows what I like)

I really can't remember what else I mentioned. :animeknow

As for my mom, I'm pretty sure she's gotten me this shirt I wanted with M*A*S*H on it.

I miss Christmas when I was younger, presents were so much easier, and funner. Legos were always something we got, and I miss that. Great memories.

I got my mom a case of I think four Nature cds, she's been wanting some Nature cds for awhile. Another cd with relaxing instruments from Mexico, I know she'll love this too. And a t-shirt with a cartoony cow girl on it. We both love the Southwest, as you can see from my signature.

For my brother, my dad and I got him a huge alarm clock, I mean huge. Its kind of a joke because he always gets up late and my dad has to take him to school every single day. Tony Hawk 2 for N64, The Simpson's dvd set(season six I think), a controller for the computer, and Office Space.

My dad I bought a think flannel, thermal underwear(shirt), a Pine scented candle, some static-free shampoo(don't ask), and a Christmas cd. I know he'll like his gifts aswell.

For my mom's friend I got the Ice Age dvd, and some shoe polish. The shoe polish is a joke, to cover the grey's in his hair. My mom's idea. Lol.[/SIZE]