OtakuBoards

worst movies you have ever seen

rainbowphoenix

One movie I really didn't enjoy was Lost in Translation. Although obviously a good film, the story didn't attract me at all, nor did the characters. I also hated the way they made fun of the Japanese. Or perhaps I'm just too young to understand it! XD

I didn't enjoy Empire of the Sun very much either. Although the end was moving it was disappointing as a Spielberg movie. I didn't particulary like the theme of Saving Private Ryan either, but it managed to move me much more than this one and even ended up on my respect list.

I also must add I don't like most romantic comedies. Most of them are completely unoriginal.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Renate']One movie I really didn't enjoy was Lost in Translation. Although obviously a good film, the story didn't attract me at all, nor did the characters. I also hated the way they made fun of the Japanese. Or perhaps I'm just too young to understand it! XD[/quote]

The movie wasn't so much making fun of the Japanese as it was highlighting how alienated and lost Charlotte and Bob are. They sort of roam around Japan and take in the culture, but they don't really understand it. You're getting a view of Japan as it appears to Bob and Charlotte; it's a very strange look, because neither of them know what to make of the Japanese culture. Their being lost in this 'strange' culture mirrors how lost and confused they are in their own lives.

That probably won't change your opinion about the movie (can't fault you if you couldn't get into the story or characters, after all), but I hope that it explains the film a bit better.

Another movie I hated or consider to be the biggest disappointment of my life was Hostel. I wanted to see sex and violence but all I have seen were cut off scenes of what was suppose to be a sex scene or a great violent gore scene. They showed some blood and gore and showed most boobs, butts and maybe one stupid sex act or well two if you count the drugged up druggies. Anyway I just thought it was lame and a waste of money if you ask me. I should have waited till I can see it on demand.

I thought that [B]Secret Window[/B] was the worst. Yes, I like Johnny Depp (he's one hot tamale) but the ending was kind of disappointing. How [SPOILER] it turned out that it was Johnny's character himself killing all those people, and that hat was just stupid![/SPOILER] I liked the movie over all, but the ending was what killed it for me.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]First off, not to be King Flame or anything, I just want to say alot of the picks people have picked don't make too much sense. I know it's probably hard for angsty preteens to understand some key concepts in films. With a little thought, however, things can become clear. Some posts were weighted, so I was glad to see some sense.

[B]Alien vs. Predator [/B] is an example of a really horrible movie. Probably one of the worst in recent memory. I was actually glad to hear this movie was coming out. I thought it was going to be based off of the comics though. Instead Hollywood, in its infinite might, decided that a no-plot PG-13 movie would do better in its stead. Silly, I think, how the Alien movie series, and Predators I and II were all R. (In no way am I saying PG-13 movies are bad.)

Another great example of wasted film would be [B]Gigli[/B], with Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. This movie doesn't even deserve much said about it. Here are some good descriptions: Horrible, Repulsive, Crap, Junk, Waste-of-time.

Dishonorable mentions: Cabin Fever, Anything with Queen Latifah(especially the one with Jimmy Fallon), Triple X 2, House of the Dead, BloodRayne, Intruder, Star Wars Episode I(actually this movie doesn't exist in my mind, maybe one day they'll make an Episode one, but I guess we're stuck with II-VI :D ).

I'm not sure why people would consider The Village one of the worst movies ever seen. It's your usual M. Night movie...good plot and nice twist at the end. Might have been over looked by the previously mentioned angsty preteens. Not sure how anyone could hate The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just can't see the logic in that. The Day After Tomorrow? Please! It's one of Dennis Quaid's better movies. In no way could they be the worst movies ever seen, unless you've lived a very shallow movie life and the only movies you've ever seen were The Empire Strikes Back and The Village, then the Village would be the lesser of the two. They're great movies...so thats the input of my two-cents. I'll probably add some more to this post when I decide to re-read the thread.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I'm in a film studies class, and so for the first quarter or two we studied really old movies which were "influential" to modern cinema. One of these movies is [b]The Birth of a Nation.[/b]

[b]WORST. MOVIE. EVER.[/b]

Grievance #1: No voices.
Now, I know that they didn't have the technology to have people's voices, but the [i]very least[/i] they could have done is assumed that most people [i]can't[/i] read lips and [i]not[/i] show the characters talking for a minute or two with [i]no voices to accompany them.[/i]

Grievance #2: Music... drains... will to live...
Normally, I like classical music. I kinda have to, being a metalhead and all. But this wasn't classical, it was tunes popular during the Civil War, I think. Kinda makes sense because, even though it was made around 1918 (I think, but maybe in the 20's or 30's), it was about the Civil War. But whoever in charge of sound should be [i]shot.[/i] The piece of music itself is about 1-2 minutes long. But they [i]loop[/i] it for 10-15 minutes! By the end of the class period, you are gouging yourself in the ears to make the horrible, horrible noise stop. Also, this movie is like 3 hours long. So bad.

Grievance #3: The fuggin' KU KLUX KLAN are the GOOD GUYS!
WOAH WOAH WOAH! [i]Yes,[/i] you heard me right. The plot of the movie, after the Civil War segment, kinda goes like this: Black people get the vote, and with it they are [i]terrorizing[/i] and [i]oppressing[/i] those poor, poor, disenfranchised white people. Whatever can be done to end this horrible terror and oppression? Why, it's the "good ol" KKK to the rescue! The most [i]racist[/i] scene of a movie I have ever seen is when the KKK comes galloping into town, firing into the opposing line of Buffalo Soldiers while crowds of white people throng the sidewalks and cheer. The movie [i]slaughters[/i] the "Ride of the Valkyries" song by playing it while showing scenes of a klansman holding a [i]burning cross[/i] flanked by two more klannies riding full tilt to "rally the Brotherhood."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's [i]not[/i] how history happened.

Suffice to say: I hate [b]The Birth of a Nation.[/b][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='kingN']there?s a lot of movies that suck but the top 3 that I think suck(even though some people i know thought it was really good) is the Ring and the Ring 2, also Red Eye. but if people like them that?s them everyone has different taste. I just thought that those 3 movies were going to be scary but they weren?t. Like for ring 2 when those deer came out that was lame, but like a said everyone has different taste.[/quote]
Red eye wasn't really made to be scary, it was more of a thriller mystery film than a horror , i liked it, but when i saw it i wasn't really expecting to be scared, i haven't seen the ring or the ring 2.

I'm going to get slapped by every movie critic in the nation over this. >>

[B]Munich[/B]
In my opinion, the worst of Spielberg's movies. That is purely personal since I know it's most likely a great movie and other people adored it. I have reasons! It was too long, the story was definitely not the type I liked, I didn't have any bonding with the characters... So these are merely the aspects of the story and purely personal!!! The lead actor was sexy though... ^^; Erm yes...

There are a lot of bad movies out there. but if i had to pick which one I thought was the worst, I'd have to go with the street fighter film.

For one thing, the cast is terrible. Guile is supposed to be the avatar of steryotypical america, but the casters in their "wisdom" cast Jean calude van damme - in my opinion this is the worst possible person to play guile - Jean clause has a french accent this really destroys the image of guile I think.. The parson who plays Honda is a huge hawaian guy - for crying out loud, why so many cross-nationalities? honda is supposed to be japanese, Dhalsim is supposed to be indian, and is certainly not a scientist. - in short the casting sucks.
There is a lot of other stuff wrong with this film, but It is repulsing me even to think about it.

Guest Laseatia14
[COLOR=Indigo]The worst movie I have seen so far has got to be Dark Water, I honestly can saw that my money went to waste when I went to the theaters to see it. It was terrible and I hated the ending most all off, if the ending wasn't so bad I would find it a little better, it still would never be on my favorites.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Fullmetal1']I think Charlie and the Chocolate Factoy sucked. The Village too. No offense to anybody.[/quote]

Yay!! Someone else, other than me, thought the village was the stupidest, pointless movie yet!!!
It was all, omg he's coming, sooo retarded...
-.-...i liked charlie and the chocolate factory...

[b][font=Verdana][color=blue]Edit:[/color][/font][/b]
[QUOTE=Endymion][color=darkslateblue][size=1]
I'm not sure why people would consider The Village one of the worst movies ever seen. It's your usual M. Night movie...good plot and nice twist at the end. Might have been over looked by the previously mentioned angsty preteens. Not sure how anyone could hate The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Just can't see the logic in that. The Day After Tomorrow? Please! It's one of Dennis Quaid's better movies. In no way could they be the worst movies ever seen, unless you've lived a very shallow movie life and the only movies you've ever seen were The Empire Strikes Back and The Village, then the Village would be the lesser of the two. They're great movies...so thats the input of my two-cents. I'll probably add some more to this post when I decide to re-read the thread.[/size][/color][/QUOTE] ....i guess there's always someone that will stick out like a sore thumb huh?
I personaly didnt like The Village, i saw it...and it just didnt really stay on my mind, or more like...it was just there. It was just a movie that simply DID NOT grasp my attention as others have recently.
I agree on the day after tomorrow, that movie was really good!
how can people hate it??

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Double posting is not allowed so I merged your two posts together. In the future, please use the edit button if you would like to say more after you post.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=Ai.sAkUrA.chan]Yay!! Someone else, other than me, thought the village was the stupidest, pointless movie yet!!!
It was all, omg he's coming, sooo retarded...
-.-...i liked charlie and the chocolate factory...

[b][font=Verdana][color=blue]Edit:[/color][/font][/b]
....i guess there's always someone that will stick out like a sore thumb huh?
I personaly didnt like The Village, i saw it...and it just didnt really stay on my mind, or more like...it was just there. It was just a movie that simply DID NOT grasp my attention as others have recently.
I agree on the day after tomorrow, that movie was really good!
how can people hate it??
[/QUOTE][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR=Sienna]
The only reason people didn't like the Village is because the wrong people went to see it... it was marketed as a horror/monster/rar-rar-scary-scary kind of movie... which it wasn't. It was a social commentary on our society and other deep junk. At first I myself as disapointed... I went there wanting to watch a movie about monsters slaughtering inoccent villagers or somesuch... but that was never what the movie was intended to be.

And people can hate The Day After Tomorrow for it's utter predictability and disregard for the laws of nature.

As for shredderkid... how can you hate a movie that combines Halle Barre and skimpy leather outfits + wip?[/COLOR][/FONT]