Funeral Grade Flowers- Evergreen Terrace
Final Distance- Utada Hikaru
We Don't Make Each Other Laugh Anymore- Arab Strap
My Heart Beats In Breakdowns- Evergreen Terrace

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Sounds like a fun little experiment. The only problem is, I share my music library with my parents. If it was just me, it would all be metal and electronica, but as it is, some other stuff may slip in. Oh well, I'll be honest.

[b]1. Sickness Unto Foolish Death - Silent Hill 3 Soundtrack[/b]
Comments: I'm not sure who the artist who did the soundtrack is, but it's a really good soundtrack to a really crazy game.

[b]2. All Apologies - Nirvana[/b]
Comments: I think my brother must've put this one on. Nirvana's alright, but they're just so damn overplayed and I'm kinda sick of all but one or two of their songs.

[b]3. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby - The Rolling Stones[/b]
Comments: Music my parents put on here. Still, I can dig the Stones, I'm open-minded like that.

[b]4. Night Visiting Song - Kate Rusby[/b]
Comments: Who the hell is this? I don't even know. Man, if it weren't for my "Epic Mix" I'd have to skip so many songs playing things on random. More parents music.

[b]5. Bodom After Midnight - Children of Bodom[/b]
Comments: God, FINALLY, some metal! Took the damn thing long enough. It's only about, what, 3/4ths of the library? Man, I love CoB. Alexi Laiho can shred like there's no tomorrow.

[b]6. You Need To Rock - Sebastian Ingrosso[/b]
Comments: This was on a DJ Dan mix CD. To be frank, DJ Dan bores the snot out of me. It's the same beat with the same little loop in the background for 5-6 minutes at a time, then it changes to ANOTHER monotonous beat backed by annoying loops.

[b]7. Peephole - System of a Down[/b]
Comments: SOAD's pretty awesome. They may not be metal, but they rock nonetheless. I really like this one, it sounds like some crazy polka thing.

[b]8. Find Your Own Voice - Stratovarius[/b]
Comments: Huzzah! More metal! Stratovarius is pretty good. They're one of the founders of Power Metal as a genre. But the guy's voice can get on your nerves after a while.

[b]9. Cats On Mars (DMX Krew Remix) - Yoko Kanno[/b]
Comments: Yoko Kanno makes awesome music. This is a remix of Ed's theme from Cowboy Bebop off of the "Music for Freelancers" remix album. It's alright, but I like the original music better.

[b]10. Down Diggy Down - Tony Faline[/b]
Comments: I dunno really who this is. I just recently came into possesion of a vast amount of electronica, so I haven't been able to listen to them all. From how it sounds so far, it sounds alright. Still, I prefer metal.

Well, that was the ten I found. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of metal on that list. I mean, two out of ten? That's not a very good percentage. Now, if it had been a list of the first ten songs on my Epic Mix, then it would've been a DIFFERENT story entirely.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Linkk]
1.[COLOR=YellowGreen]Our God Is An Awesome God[/COLOR]unsure who the arist is....says Helen Baylor? I love this SONG! Sang it on my sailing trips!
[/QUOTE]

It was originally written and performed by the late Rich Mullins. One of the few Contemporary Christian music artists that I actually respect for his musicianship. However, you were probably listening to a "worship band" cover.

[QUOTE=Sean][SIZE=1][b]001.[/b] Ohio is for Lovers - Hawthorne Heights (Silence In Black and White)
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]*hits you with a rolled up newspaper* [i]No.[/i] Bad dog. Very bad dog.

1. [b]Floods[/b] - Pantera.
2. [b]Do You Realize?[/b] - The Flaming Lips.
3. [b]Four Kicks[/b] - Kings of Leon.
4. [b]What A Wonderful Man[/b] - My Morning Jacket.
5. [b]No Boy, No Cry[/b] - Stance Punks.
6. [b]Bull in the Heather[/b] - Sonic Youth.
7. [b]Paranoid Android[/b] - Radiohead.
8. [b]The Legionnaire's Lament[/b] - The Decemberists.
9. [b]Cloud Age Symphony[/b] - Shuntarou Okino.
10. [b]Welcome Home[/b] - Coheed and Cambria.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]1. The Star Spangled Banner/Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix Expirience, Live at Woodstock.[/B] - Crazy guitar from one of the best guitarists, and then the inafamous "''s'cues me while I kiss this guy!" line that everybody seems to mishear....

[B]2. Kids with Guns - Gorillaz[/B] - Not one of my favorite Gorillaz songs, but I absolutly adore the bass. You can use it to massage your feet, too...hee.

[B]3. People Everyday - Trigun soundtrack[/B] - I'm not sure why I like this song as much as I do, but it's always relaxed me.

[B]4.The Waiting Room - Genesis [/B] - Purely instrumental, very creepy and minor with a lot of guitar-moaning.

[B]5. Dandy - The Kinks[/B] - Somewhat silly sounding song about a dandy, a ladies man...I just recently rediscovered this song, which was one of my favorites when I was twelve, sheerly because of the line, "Two girls are too many, three's a crowd and four yer dead...." I understand the song a bit better now....heh.

[B]6. Champagne Supernova - Oasis[/B] - Again, not really certain why I like this one. I just do.

[B]7. Finale - Riverdance[/B] - I love Riverdance. This is a mixture of one of the Celtic chanting songs and the Irish jigging parts...

[B]8. Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Tom and Jerry Soundtrack[/B] - I love Tom and Jerry, and I love swing. Therefore....you do the math. It comes complete with the sounds of house destruction in the background. :3

[B]9.There is a Mountain - Donovan[/B] - Good hippy music of randomness.

[B]10. My Deliverer - The Ragamuffin Band[/B] - The story of Moses, told by the late Rich Mullins' backup band. Almost haunting, yet very hopeful. Very pretty, as well.[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]Fine, fine. I'll do it again. With less typos, lol.

[b]0722. Kylesa - "In Memory" [To Walk a Middle Course #01] [3:35][/b]
Basically, an awesome song from one of my favorite bands ever. If you haven't heard of them, and trust me, you're not alone, they're a cool Psychadelic Punk Metal band, well, that's how my genre-knowing friend labeled them. It's great background noise for homework or drawing.

[b]0692. Chimaira - "Power Trip" [The Impossibility of Reason #04] [2:48][/b]
I just joined the Chimaira train recently. The Impossibility of Reason is the only cd I have from them, and it's very good. This song is one of the better ones, but my favorite is the first track.

[b]1191. Lacuna Coil - "Entwined" [Comalies #10] [3:59][/b]
I love this band, another new favorite. This song is one of the better ones, I don't really know what else to say about it. Beautiful music if you haven't heard of them.

[b]0952. He Is Legend - "Scram Toots" [91025 #02] [4:34][/b]
I love some of He Is Legend's song titles. This is my favorite song, at least on this cd. It starts like a regular rock song then goes into an insane breakdown and basically stays like that for the whole song. Very fun. You should see the mosh fights this song creates.

[b]1392. Against Me! - "Turn Those Clapping Hands into Angry Balled Fists" [As the Eternal Cowboy #10] [4:46][/b]
Well, it's my favorite song on this cd, which isn't saying much. I heard some great Against Me! songs, but they aren't on this cd. Pity.

[b]1447. Circle Takes the Square - "Same Shade as Concrete" [As the Roots Undo #02] [4:28][/b]
About time! This is my favorite band ever. Yay. It's great to wake up by. Every song is brilliant in its own way, I have trouble picking favorites on this cd, but this one is high on the list. If you like hardcore, this is the epitome of the genre to me.

[b]1500. Jeer At Rome - Track One [The Prisoner (4 Song Release) (Downloaded) #01] [2:39][/b]
I know nothing about this band except for that Anthony Green of Crica Survive is the screamer, and it's the heaviest work he's done. I was told that this band was brand new, but it isn't, it's one of his first. You idiots. I recommend it if you liked the old Saosin.

[b]1404. Eyes Upon Separation - "My Scarlet Season Turns Black" [Tribunal Records No. 50: A Collection Disc 2 #22] [2:59][/b]
A very old song from a band that, as far as I know, is a few years disbanded now. This is the only song I have from them and it's pretty ferocious, I might try to track down their cd when I win the lottery.

[b]0766. I Would Set Myself On Fire For You - "The First Word That Comes To Mind" [I Would Set Myself On Fire For You #06] [7:01][/b]
The sound quality on this cd sucks, they are amazing live though. They have a viola player in their band, which is a nice touch. I recommend this band to fans of Circle Takes the Square and Kylesa, which is none of you. :p

[b]0291. All That Remains - "This Darkened Heart" [This Darkened Heart #10] [3:13][/b]
Best. Metalcore. Band. Ever. I am becoming obssessed with this band. They need a new cd right NOW!!1 THis song is actually their single. You can watch it on Metal Asylum on Fuse. I like the drums in this song. :)

The end...?[/font]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]This is so cool that I'm gonna do another one. But [i]this[/i] time, I'ma do it off of my Epic Mix, so that you get a better idea of the music that I [i]actually[/i] listen to. Could be that I'm missing the point entirely, but I feel that I need to clear my name after crap like Kate Rusby (who?) got on there last time.

[b]1. Mors Principium Est - The Unborn {The Unborn}[/b]
This band is AMAZING. If you've heard Dark Tranquility, these guys sound a lot like them. Namely, killer Death Metal guitar riffs backed by crazy keyboard lines and a totally awesome growl. There is seriously like the COOLEST breakdown in the chorus of this song! It's so epic!

[b]2. Symphony X - A Fool's Paradise {V}[/b]
Symphony X is pretty awesome. They're quite a bit proggy, but with a symphony backing them (or at least some awesome keyboard layering). This album, V, is an epic about the future of Earth and mankind, but ties in some mythology and some musical references to classical composers. I would recommend it.

[b]3. Nightwish - Over The Hills And Far Away {Over The Hills And Far Away}[/b]
I know that this is a cover, but I don't know who did the original. Whoever did it, the original can't even [i]try[/i] to be as epic as Nightwish's version. Unless the original was done by, say, Ensiferum, but I know for a fact that it wasn't.

[b]4. Dream Theater - The Mirror {Awake}[/b]
Dream Theater is quite possibly Progressive (Prog) Metal at its finest. Amazing keyboard lines, amazing guitar lines, hell, even the bass lines are amazing. After all, that's what Prog Metal is all about. This is a good band to listen to in mix format because the guy's voice can kinda get annoying sometimes.

[b]5. Ensiferum - Eternal Wait {Ensiferum}[/b]
This band... I can't even begin to describe it. It's like some guys got together and were like "Ummm... Hey, I have an idea! Let's make the best band ever!" and the other guys were like "Okay!" And so they made the best band ever. Viking Metal with Folk influences, usually brutally fast with epic lyrics about battles and slaying, but even when they make slower songs about love and/or despair, like this song, they're still friggin' EPIC. God, I [i]love[/i] this band!

[b]6. Kamelot - The Haunting (Somewhere In Time) {The Black Halo}[/b]
This band is most exellent. They have one of my favorite vocalists in all of music. The other great thing is, as their albums progress, they [i]don't[/i] get crappier! Huzzah! This is off of their latest album.

[b]7. In Flames - Leeches {Come Clarity}[/b]
I love In Flames, so it saddened me deeply when Soundtrack To Your Escape came out and displayed a complete and total lack of solos, which is what In Flames is all [i]about.[/i] So, when Come Clarity came out, it was a breath of fresh air. They kept some of the cool things about Soundtrack, like singing, but then they remembered that there was the whole thing they did with their fingers to make notes come out really fast and in solo form, circa Whoracle, Clayman, and Colony. Good stuff.

[b]8. Insomnium - Daughter of the Moon {Since The Day It All Came Down}[/b]
Insomnium is truly a beautiful band. Poetic lyrics of a love lost, pure and mournful songwriting, and some killer riffs all come together to make this album truly a work of art. Comes highly recommended.

[b]9. Hammerfall - Take The Black {Chapter V: Unbent, Unbound, Unbroken}[/b]
Hammerfall is some quite epic Power Metal, and they do it without a keyboard, too! Go figure! They're pretty awesome.

[b]10. Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll {Hate Crew Deathroll}[/b]
Ahh, Children of Bodom. Pretty much one of the best bands ever. It's like every member of their band is just a Triple Corpse Hammerblow of talent. This was my favorite song of their concert when they came to Utah. They did this awesome thing just after the solos where they dropped out all the instruments but Jaska on the drums and Janne on the keyboards while Alexi sang the chorus, clapping his hands above his head. Everyone in the audience sang along, and when the guitars came in again, I have never, ever headbanged harder in my life. It was epic.

Well, I hope that gives you a better idea of the kind of music I listen to.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Just because it was entertaining, I'm doing this again. And this time, with commentary/justification.

011 - [B]Nothing Could Come Between Us[/B] - Theory of a Deadman
Theory of a Deadman is like Nickelback, subtract the fame, some of the studio polish, and add in some outstanding lyrics and a singer who sounds like Chad Kroeger only, you know, better. They're rougher than Nickelback, yes, but they have more...passion, it seems. This isn't necessarily one of my favorite tracks, but it's more than decent and features the gravelly vocals, shredding southern-twang guitars, and heavy bass beat that makes Theory of a Deadman awesome.

012 - [B]Too Good Too Bad[/B] - The Seatbelts
This song just radiates all that is jazz from the upbeat brass section to a sax solo that'll leave you breathless. I'm not saying its the best, I'm just saying its [I]jazz[/I] .

013 - [B]23[/B] - Jimmy Eat World
Slow, sad, but with a surprising kick and all the vocal power I've come to expect from Jimmy Eat World, it's a decent little track but not really anything outstanding.

014 - [B]Lazy Gun[/B] - Jet
Not many bands would add coughing as an acoustic choice to a song. Jet, as you might imagine, is not most bands. The mourful screech of guitar (which is not as unpleasant as that may sound) mingled with a heavy bass line and the rough, soulful lyrics Jet always seems to deliver makes for a good, good song. I'm not sure if I understand Lazy Gun ("Lazy Gun messed up my television fun"?), but I don't think I care that much.

015 - [B]Shiver[/B] - Maroon 5
Maroon 5 is, in my opinion, one of the sexiest bands around, and Shiver does not disappoint one bit in that respect. It's just as funky and groovable as all their other tracks, and you just gotta love the subtly erotic guitar solo and the less subtly erotic vocalizations.

016 - [B]Dirty Little Thing[/B] - Velvet Revolver
The vocals sound a bit washed out, but that might just be my mp3 copy. Other than that, I can't fault anything in particular on this particular song - it has a nice, shredding guitar, and a title I just can't help but love. Velvet Revolver certainly doesn't disappoint.

017 - [B]Kesenai Tsumi (Remix)[/B] - Nana Kitade
I absolutely love the guitar on this song. A good, twangy accoustic guitar is one of my many, many musical weaknesses (up there with piano solos and female vocalists), and I might add that Nana Kitade is a very good singer.

018 - [B]Take It Away[/B] - The Used
Screaming lyrics, thrashing guitar, radio clip intro, and the sound of a gun cocking - all of these are good things in a song, if you ask me, and this song has them all. The Used never cease to blow me away, and I can't hear the musical drop-off/restart when Burt belts out "so pretty burning!" without headbanging. I just can't.

019 - [B]When The Night Feels My Song[/B] - Bedouin Soundclash
I enjoy the occasional bit of reggae as much as anyone else, so Bedouin Soundclash's little infusing of the genre really makes me tingly. The vocals are smooth and strong, and I have already proclaimed my weakness for acoustics, so let's just move on, shall we?

020 - [B]How Can I Live[/B] - Ill Nino
Perhaps the best thing about Freddy vs. Jason was that this was on its soundtrack. It's a nice little song, perhaps a little too...hmm...I want to say metal but I fear the Jake attack. Regardless, it's not exactly my cup of tea, but it's good, and I like the guitars and lyrics, even if I'm not big on the cohesive sound.

And thus concludes my second round of the 10 songs game. Here's guessing I'll be back.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Arial][size=2][b][1] They -- Jem:[/b] Actually the only Jem song I own and I got it off a friend for Christmas. I really love it.
[b]
[2] Cemetery -- Silverchair:[/b] From their best of album. Not one of my favourite Silverchair songs, but I think almost all of their songs are really good. It's nice and rock-y with a little anger and angst: some nice and bitter songs for bad days and some sweet [but still angsty!] songs for better days.
[b]
[3] Dig Ophelia -- Rasputina:[/b] One of my favourite songs from Thanks for the Ether. It's probably just under [i]Why Don't You Do Right[/i] and [i]Any Old Actress[/i]. Rasputina is probably one of my favourite bands, because the rich sound of the cello merged with the electric guitars are so lovely, although Thanks for the Ether is less electric.
[b]
[4] Thank Your Life -- Powderfinger:[/b] I like Powderfinger, although I found that Vulture Street was a little too much of the same for my taste. It didn't hold my interest for very long, although the songs on their own are fun to listen to, and they're generally quite upbeat and positive; nice to listen to when you're writing something.

[b][5] I Didn't Steal Your Boyfriend -- Ashlee Simpson:[/b] The only Ashlee Simpson song I own. It's a fantastic song -- it's on my collection of [i]Obnoxious and Inspiring Songs [/i][compiled by my friend as a Christmas present.] It's just one of those songs that are so fun to listen to when you're sitting in the car speeding down the highway. It's fun, upbeat, and most definately a guilty pleasure. [And for fun pop songs, it's up there with the infamous [i]My Humps[/i]]

[b][6] Rocking The Suburbs -- Ben Folds:[/b] I hate this song. I think my brother put it on my computer, lol. It just annoys me.

[b][7] Radio Friendly Unit Shifter -- Nirvana:[/b] Not a fan of this song. I don't think I've listened to it all the way through yet...it's just not my favourite song from Nirvana [what can I say? I like the cult classic songs.] and so I tend to skip it.
[b]
[8] Here With Me -- Dido: [/b]What can I say? I have two Dido albums on my computer, and I probably know the words to both of them. Dido is good when I'm writing angst or even something sweet. It's very versatile and soft, and -- ooo, I have an idea for a story. Enough said. [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[b][9] The Last Day I Was Happy -- Scarling:[/b] I adore the descendant of Jack Off Jill, although I don't listen to them very often. I love the heavy music and dark lyrics combined with Jessicka's voice, and the way she can make it sound both innocent and evil and serious.

[b][10] Bang Bang [My Baby Shot Me Down] -- Nancy Sinatra:[/b] Kill Bill! Actually one of the only songs on the Kill Bill album I listen to, and, again, it's very good for the angst. Can you tell I like writing angst?

[Funny thing -- the next song after this was Beethoven's Symphony No. 9...I think that's one of the sample songs, lol.][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
here we goooo...
1. My Chemical Romance- You Don't Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
2. Nami Tamaki- Reason
3. Anti-Flag- Spaz's House Destruction Party
4. NOFX- We Got Two Jealous Agains
5. Wednesday 13- Elect Death for President
6. Anti-Flag- Mind the G.A.T.T.
7. Eminem- My Dad's Gone Crazy
8. Bana- Shell
9. See-Saw- Anna Ni Issho Datta No Ni; We Were So Close Together
10. TM Revolution- Meteor

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Okay so I have been meaning to play this for a while.

1. Roxette "Listen to Your Heart"
2.Duran Duran "Save a Prayer"
3.Thompson Twins "Doctor, Doctor"
4.Peter Murphy- "All Night Long"(from the movie The Fifth Element)
5.Men at Work "Down Under"
6. 2 Live Crew "Hoochie Mama"
7.Aslan Faction "Event Decay"
8.Glis "Disapppear"
9.Combichrist "God Wrapped in Plastic"
10Velvet Acid Christ "Fallen Hero"

As you can see, I am stuck in the 1980's! :catgirl:

[Color=DarkBlue]I can safely say this is only my second time doing this. I swear, I'm not obsessed or anything...

[B]1:The Speed Of Pain - Marilyn Manson[/B] One of favorite songs that didn't get a video. I mostly use Mechanical Animals in a whole as angst writing music. It's just got the depressing feel to it. It's great.

[B]2: Musicology - Prince[/B] The only Prince album I own, for a good reason. There was a couple of great songs on it, but on a whole, it really didn't sit as well with me as I thought it would. Oh well. It's all good.

[B]3: Geek Stink Breath - Green Day[/B] Not one of my favorites off International Superhits, but a good catchy one to sing along with.

[B]4: Make Luv - Room 5[/B] Now come on, you can't tell me you didn't download this one too. You know you do the dance in your room late at night when you think no one's looking. Or maybe it's just me. >.>

[B]5: My Humps - The BEP[/B] This is probably my guiltiest pleasure. I've been able to sing this song from memory for at least four or five months before it hit as a single. I still surprise people with the fact I can sing the whole thing. Maybe I shouldn't have bought the album....

[B]6: Step Up - Darin[/B] I can only thank the wonderful Mimminx for this song. This kid's Swedish and he's got a smooth voice. She sent me the song and got me hooked and it's not fair when you can't buy the CD without paying huge shipping fees. *shakes fist*

[B]7: Suerte, better known as Wherever, Whenever - Shakira[/B] Ah, what can I say? It's Spanish. That's nice. I like Spanish.

[B]8: Detective - No Doubt[/B] One of my personal favorites from Hey Baby, this song's as catchy as My Humps. I catch myself singing along without even thinking about it.

[B]9: Tangled - Maroon 5[/B] One of the most under toned sexual bands of all time. It's just a great mix of everything for a good time. Tangled's not one of my all time favorites, but it's a good one none the less.

[B]10: Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy[/B] Great song, 'nough said.[/color]

[SIZE=1][quote name='JJ][Color=DarkBlue][B]9: Tangled - Maroon 5[/B'] One of the most under toned sexual bands of all time. It's just a great mix of everything for a good time. Tangled's not one of my all time favorites, but it's a good one none the less.[/color][/quote]

!!!!! *slaps...friendly, like* I luff that song. >:O

Anyway...

[B]1)Who Makes You Feel--Dido[/B]
Someone bought me Dido's album about two years ago, and I never listened to it until a few months ago. This song just stood out to me, mainly because of the lyrics. I'm always attracted to lyrics in a song, and Dido's voice just lends itself well to this song.

[B]2)Zung Zung Funky Music--Orange Range[/B]
Orange Range=<3 and this song pwns so much footwear.

[B]3)Viva Rock--Orange Range[/B]
...I like Orange Range...there's plenty on my playlist >>

[B]4)Automatic Flowers--Our Lady Peace[/B]
You have no idea how much I adore this band. I got Thief on a FST for...FF9, I think it was, and decided to download a selection of OLP tracks. This one is just...awesome. One of my favourites.

[B]5)Innocent--Our Lady Peace[/B]
Again, another one of my favourites. I'm glad this selection didn't turn up any [SPOILER]Aquabats[/SPOILER] >_>

[B]6)Beat Ball--Orange Range[/B]
...Yeah >_> *totally didn't cheat*

[B]7)Rave On--Killer 7[/B]
My friend Elliott made me listen to this one lunchtime, I thought it was awesome, so he sent it to me. Not much else to say about it, really.

[B]8)Yumekaze--Orange Range[/B]
Just...yeah. Awesome song, awesome band...I have way too much of their stuff, obviously.

[B]9)Rock the Casbah--Solar Twins[/B]
Just because this song is cooool on so many levels. Got it in the same FST as Thief. It's got such amazingly cool lyrics.

[B]10)The Importance of Being Idle--Oasis[/B]
Anyway who watches Naruto should agree that this is totally Shikamaru's theme. Anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about should just know that this is an awesome song, with a totally amazing video. <3s for Oasis.

I should probably point out that at this moment, I have the One Piece theme on repeat and have done for the past half hour. Never watched the anime, but man, you can't beat this theme tune.[/SIZE]

1. TM Revolution- Invoke
2. Nami Tamaki- Reason
3. Eminem- The Kids
4. My Chemical Romance- I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
5. Alanis Morisette- One Hand In My Pocket
6. CHARCOAL FILTER- Tightrope (Saiyuki ending)
7. Anti-Flag- Bring Out Your Dead (Live)
8. Alexisonfire- Happiness By The Kilowatt
9. The Strokes- Razorblade
10. Siam Shade- Tears I Cried

1. [b]Agalloch[/b] - [i]Odal[/i]

2. [b]Sunn O)))[/b] - [i]My Wall[/i]

3. [b]Coil[/b] - [i]Tiny Golden Books[/i]

4. [b]Siouxsie and the Banshees[/b] - [i]Cities in Dust[/i]

5. [b]Unearthly Trance[/b] - [i]When Anti-Humanity Flourishes[/i]

6. [b]Velvet Cacoon[/b] - [i]P.S. Nautical[/i]

7. [b]Graveland[/b] - [i]Iron In The Fog[/i]

8. [b]Skinny Puppy[/b] - [i]Convulsion[/i]

9. [b]Katatonia[/b] - [i]Velvet Thorns (of Drynwhyl)[/i]

10. [b]Thievery Corporation[/b] - [i]Marching the Hate Machines into the Sun[/i]

[size=1][font=georgia]Well, let's give this another shot. This is kind of fun..

[b][1.][/b] SMILE.dk - [i]Butterfly[/i]

[b][2.][/b] Do As Infinity - [i]Tsubasa no Keikaku[/i]

[b][3.][/b] NAOKI - [i]B4U[/i]

[b][4.][/b] Puffy AmiYumi - [i]Joining A Fan Club[/i]

[b][5.][/b] Akira Yamaoka, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - [i]Your Rain[/i]

[b][6.][/b] Jade From Sweetbox - [i]1000 Words (Orchestra Version)[/i]

[b][7.][/b] Ashlee Simpson - [i]LOVE[/i]

[b][8.][/b] Riyu Kosaka - [i]LOVE LOVE SHINE[/i]

[b][9.][/b] Tre Cool - [i]Like A Rat Does Cheese & Dominated Love Slave[/i]

[b][10.][/b] Nelly Furtado - [i]**** On The Radio (Remember The Days)[/i][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1][B]9)Rock the Casbah--Solar Twins[/B]
Just because this song is cooool on so many levels. Got it in the same FST as Thief. It's got such amazingly cool lyrics.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Oh. My. God. [i]That song is amazing.[/i]

1. [b]Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner - Fall Out Boy[/b]
I like this song on the whole, but it's not nearly as good as some other Fall Out Boy songs. I especially love the chorus and hate the intro.

2. [b]Porcelian - The Red Hot Chili Peppers[/b]
What can I say? It's got that nice, slow song vibe going on, but I'm usually too impacient to sit through the entire song. Sorry, Chili Peppers -- it sounds nice, but boring.

3. [b]Don't Phunk With My Heart - Black Eyed Peas[/b]
I love this song. End of story. I first heard it over the summer at work, and fell in love with it. Worship the chorus.

4. [b]Enth E Nd (Kutmasta Kurt ft. Motion Man) - Linkin Park[/b]
It's a mediocre song that you have to be in the mood to listen to. This song is left over from the 13-year-old obsession with Linkin Park, but I still listen to the Reanimation CD here and there.

5. [b]London - Third Eye Blind[/b]
I love this song a whole lot, especially the verses. The message isn't all that strong, but the beat is great, and the best part of the song is when he keeps singing "I don't wanna go to London -- told you I don't care! I don't wanna go to London!" Except I really do wanna go to London.

6. [b]We Still Kill The Old Way - Lostprophets[/b]
Meh. I prefer the rest of the CD -- this one's intro is a bit too heavy for me. It's like wanna be metal. But once the words start, it's not half bad.

7. [b]No Brakes - The Bravery[/b]
I really enjoy this song -- it's got a nice Rock 'n Roll + Techno feel to it that I think The Bravery pulled off well. I think they went under after their initial hype in June, though. Sad.

8. [b]American Idiot - Green Day[/b]
Gotta love any song completely smashing the Republicans. Hooray! This is actually one of their weaker songs on the CD, though. I think it was only on the Radio to enrage people.

9. [b]Uptown Girl - Billy Joel[/b]
Now seriously -- you are sick in the MIND if you can't appreciate the ... the ... utter [i]genius[/i] of Billy Joel's songcraft. There's a reason the song has lasted thirty-some years.

10. [b]Emergency Exit - Beck[/b]
Meh. He's alright. I heard he was superkickassuberawesome, so maybe the hype ruined it for me. He's like Radiohead with a tad country and more guitars. Baaaad idea.[/size]

1. Wait and Bleed by Slipknot

2. Happy? by Mudvayne

3. Master of Puppets by Metallica

4. Ugly by Sevendust

5. Photograph by Nickelback

6. The kids aren't alright by The Offspring

7. Stand Up by Trapt

8. Fly From the Inside By Shinedown

9. Drop the Bombshell by Powerman 5000

10. Twisted Transistor by Korn

My friends say my taste sucks, but this is my **** right here. I need something to get my blood racing.

[quote name='Starwind']1. Wait and Bleed by Slipknot[/quote]
Good song.
My turn.
1. Guttermouth- What's The Big Deal?
2. NOFX- All of Me
3. Guttermouth- S.D.F.B
4. AFI- Reiver's Music
5. The Strokes- Red Light
6. AFI - The Great Disappointment
7. Divit- Misunderstanding Maybe
8. Strung Out- An American Paradox
9. AFI- Leaving Song Part 2
10. Anti-Flag- Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L)

Oooo good job randomizer! All wonderful songs.

[FONT=Arial]I think I shall do it again. I'm not going to use my Launch radio anymore, because there are probably more songs that I haven't heard or don't want to talk about that will come on there. Back to good ole' iTunes.

[B]1. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Christmas Jazz"[/B]
I love TSO - they're probably my second favorite band - but this isn't really my favorite song. It's a bit slow.
[B]
2. Bernadette Peters; "Stay With Me"[/B]
Into the Woods is in a close tie with Wicked for my favorite Broadway musical, but ItW holds more nostalgia and happy memories than Wicked does. I have both the original Broadway soundtrack and original Broadway DVD, plus a libretto/vocal score from when I performed in the junior version last summer. <33

[B]3. Heliumvola; "Frauenklage" [/B]
I'm positive that no one else has even heard of Heliumvola, but if you have, then you're awesome. They're a German band that my friend got me into last year, and I have Liod. The only problem is that I can't understand any of the lyrics (which are all in Latin, German, or French, and even my fluently French friend can't comprehend the French song) and they don't have any on the internet. Bah! Very lovely music, though, my favorite song might be "Veni Veni" (which has the same Latin that is in "One Winged Angel," Sephiroth's theme, 'veni veni venias, ne me mori facias') or "Chumemin" which I was told meant 'lover' or something in Old German. I don't remember.

[B]4. Bauhaus; "Dark Entries"[/B]
Yet another gothic band that my friend got me into. I can play most of it on guitar, but I've yet to try singing with it. I can enjoy some of Bauhaus, but I prefer Sisters of Mercy.

[B]5. Kaoru Wada; "Tsubaki the Dark Priestess"[/B]
Hehe, InuYasha soundtrack. Oh, the nostalgia. It skips badly, though. My friend (the same one mentioned throughout this turn) gave me this soundtrack, as well as made me watch InuYasha in the seventh grade.

[B]6. Placebo; "Second Sight"[/B]
This is my driving song! At least it will be when I learn to drive. This was probably the first Placebo song I heard (which my friend ALSO got me into), and I can relate it to the first 'Lost Years of Merlin' book. "Walk away to save your face" is either talking to[spoiler] Emrys/Merlin or the boy who had his face burned by Merlin's fire,[/spoiler] and the very title of this song refers to [spoiler]Merlin's special ability.[/spoiler] Placebo is my fifth favorite band out of six.
[B]
7. Rasputina; "Stumpside"[/B]
I've decided that most of my musical interests, if not ALL, have come from my friend. When she was on her gothic rampage last year, she gave me Rasputina. And they have become my MOSTFAVORITEBAND in the whole world. Melora Creager is my hero, because she has incredible songwriting and cello-playing skills, and she and I have a love of history in common. I just wish I were as cool as she. =(

[B]8. Gackt; "Lu:na"[/B]
I started listening to Gackt because a completely different friend was obsessing over him last year. He's pretty, at least, and has a nice voice, but I don't really like j-rock.
[B]
9. DDR; "Still in My Heart"[/B]
This is one of my favorite songs to play on DDR, but this version is different from what I'm used to.

[B]10. Bing Crosby; "Let it Snow!"[/B]
How ironic (by Alanis Morissette's standards? I have no idea, really), it's going to be 33 degrees here in the morning (I'm in Florida) and there were supposedly snow drifts heading toward Northern FL this week. I just love Christmas music, especially before and after Christmas (one could get weary of it in December).

There we go. I don't think there's really any music that I've gotten myself into, so I think I will try to do that. I was hoping Muse or The Strokes would turn up, but alas.

Maybe next time. >: D[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Man, I love doing this. It's so fun to be able to share the music I love with the rest of the 'Boards.

[b]1. Moonsorrow - Ukkosenjumalan Poika {Suden Uni}[/b]
Now here is a great band. They're Viking Metal with a smattering of Folk influence. They have some beautiful songs. Some are just sheer Viking awesomeness, some are bouncy little Folk humppas. The vocalist sounds like a very angry little dwarf shouting at you, but he's too far away from the microphone to make out what he's saying, and it's all in Finnish anyway. Very unintentionally funny. This song is one of their more Viking ones.

[b]2. Sonata Arctica - Gravenimage {Winterheart's Guild}[/b]
I love Sonata Arctica. They have some of the prettiest songs combined with some very technical solos. Tony Kakko has a great voice, too. They would be Power Metal if they sang about dragons and the Power of Steel, but as it is, they sing about romances gone wrong/never had, respecting the wilderness, or wolves. This song has one of my favorite moments in any of their songs, actually. It's a pretty slow song in the beginning, but it hits a certain point when it speeds up, and Tony sings in this really cool rythym that doesn't happen a lot in conventional metal. Pretty awesome.

[b]3. DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames {Inhuman Rampage}[/b]
Hands down, this is the greatest band ever. Period. This is not up for debate. Once you hear Herman Li's guitar work, you'll agree. If you don't, you have no life or love in your soul. Honestly, he is the best guitarist I have ever heard. And I listen to [i]Children of Bodom.[/i] He's [i]that[/i] good. I think if you go to their myspace account one of the songs on the song thingy is this one. So go listen to it. Also, listen to Fury of the Storm. That one is amazing too.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/dragonforceofficial]http://www.myspace.com/dragonforceofficial[/URL]

[b]4. Rhapsody - Holy Thunderforce {Dawn of Victory}[/b]
All you have to know about these guys is that the cover of Dawn of Victory looks like [URL=http://metalartwork.free.fr/images/pochettes2/tailleoriginale2/big1/Rhapsody_-_Dawn_Of_Victory.jpg]this.[/URL]

[b]5. Luca Turilli - Demonheart {Prophets of the Last Eclipse}[/b]
Luca Turilli is the guitarist of Rhapsody. He is a master of the quite tricky "sweep arpeggio" technique. If he wrote the songs for his solo work, he's also an immensely talented songwriter. Although, his lyrics could use some work. The lead singer is very good, but what he's singing is kinda lame.

[b]6. Into Eternity - Elysium Dream {Dead or Dreaming}[/b]
This is a great band. I think they would be classified as Progressive Death Metal, but then again, that's what Opeth is classified as, and they sound very little like Opeth. I blame the lable of "Progressive." It's way too generic. To offer an example that might hit a bit closer to home, both Tool and the Mars Volta are classified and Progressive Rock. And do they sound anything alike? Not really. But yeah, Into Eternity is very cool, nice guitar work.

[b]7. Winterlong - Evolution {The Second Coming}[/b]
This album sounded a lot cooler in the store. It's still pretty good, but not as good as it sounded when the dude in Metal Mayhem popped it in and was like "Check these guys out, they're cool," or words to that effect. This song is pretty cool, I like the chords, but some of the other songs on the album are a bit too rambly, and the vocalist would get on my nerves if I played the whole album in one sitting.

[b]8. Nightwish - The Wayfarer {Bless the Child DVDS}[/b]
I like Nightwish. They were the second truly metal band I had ever heard, next to In Flames. Kinda sucks how Tarja got kicked out of the band, but if what I heard was true, she deserved it. Anyway, I like the keyboard riffs, Tuomas is awesome at them.

[b]9. Within Temptation - Forsaken {The Silent Force}[/b]
Within Temptation's great. They're Gothic Metal, but this song is TOTALLY epic'd the crap out. French horns and everything. Whoever the lead singer is, she's as gorgeous as her voice is. But their guitarist annoys me. What is it about bald people in bands that annoys me? It only really comes up in the video for "Ice Queen," but man, it sure does come up.

[b]10. Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror {Nightfall in Middle-Earth}[/b]
The members of Blind Guardian are Tolkein junkies. I think this entire album was based on "The Silmarillion" by ol' J.R.R. But hey, whatever it takes for them to make pretty music. I dig 'em.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]1. Anti-Flag- Die For Your Government[/B] This is probably one of the first songs that got me into Anti-Flag, they're a political band from Pittsburg. As of late, they've had alot to write about and taken a major stance against the War in Iraq and the policies of the Bush administration. [URL=http://www.anti-flag.com]www.anti-flag.com[/URL]
[B]2. The Blood Brothers- Ambulance vs. Ambulance[/B] Yea, this is quite a strange band... I don't even know how I ended up with one of their albums. But once in a while I'm in the mood for them.
[B]3. Strung Out- Alien Amplifier[/B] This is from the American Paradox album, and definately my favorite Strung Out cd.... I used to really love these guys, they were one of the first punk bands I got really into.
[B]4. NOFX- The Idiots Are Taking Over[/B] This is from the American Errorist CD, and it's probably one of the best ones NOFX has made, because it's more politically driven then their other albums, although NOFX are punk legends, so I just love them.
[B]5. Ensign- Black Clouds vs. Silver Linings[/B] I got this from the Punkzilla comp, it's not that bad, it's got some nice guitar riffs, and I really like the title.
[B]6. The Pillows- Stalker[/B] I just love how mellowly awesome The Pillows are!
[B]7. Pain- Square Pegs[/B] Probably the best ska band I ever heard. I love them.
[B]8. Alexisonfire- Control[/B] Canadian band, can't go wrong there. I love the screaming. I didn't like them before, but I really like the Watch Out! album, it has a nice mix of screaming and singing.
[B]9. The Vandals- I Have a Date[/B] I actually just started getting into The Vandals, and I have no idea how I didn't sooner! All the songs I've heard so far I've loved.
[B]10. Protest The Hero- Blindfolds Aside[/B] This is the first song I've ever heard by this band, but the guitars are so unreal that I can see myself buying one of their cds. The singers voice is a little iffy, but he's not that bad. I quite enjoy this song.

Creed - Weathered
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
P. O. D. - Change the World
Adema - Giving In
Super Xero - Fuse
Boyz N Da Hood - Interlude
A. F. I. - The Leaving Song Pt. 2
Not Sure - The Real Folk Blues
Linkin Parl - [Stef]
Saliva - Always

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]1) La Tortura (Shaketon REMIX) -- Shakira feat. Alejandro Sanz[/B] Meh. There isn't much to say except for the fact that I like this better than the original.

[B]2) leave me cold -- Yuki Kajiura[/B] For the Le Petite Cossette soundtrack, Kajiura took over as the composer and put together some music that sounds a lot different than .hack. I prefer .hack, but the instrumentals of this anime are okay.

[B]3) Feel It --Black Eyed Peas[/B] This song's got a good rhythm. I don't listen to much of BEP, but this is a pretty good song.

[B]4) Come Around Again -- Jet[/B] I've never listened to the song, it's my brother's. But listening to it right now isn't that bad.

[B]5) Querer -- Cirque de Soleil: Alegria[/B] I love this song, it's so dramatic. I went to go see their latest show called Delerium and got the soundtrack for Alegria.

[B]6) I Hate Everything About You -- Three Days Grace[/B] I like this song. But I don't listen to it that often.

[B]7) The Day and the Time -- Shakira feat. Gustavo Ceroti[/B] Not bad. But I prefer her singing voice in her native language.

[B]8) Double Bass -- The Gorillaz[/B] Off the original self-titled album. This is such a cool instrumental. Little bit of keyboards mixed in with the bass. It makes a good beat.

[B]9) Color Me Blood Red -- Malice Mizer[/B] It was starting to make me nervous when there wasn't any Japanese coming up (even if this particular song is in English.) Repetitive vocals in the background for most of time give the reassurance of a Gothic feel. I like it a lot.

[B]10) Dirty Little Secret -- The All-American Rejects[/B] Of course! My most listened to song at 50 times. What can I say? Good tune. So true in so many ways.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest toboe333
train- meet virgina
all that i've got- the used
tears on my pillow- grease soundtrack
superstar punani- siblime
mamiko- the pillows
smile like you mean it- the killes
had a dat- sublime
look at me, i'm sandra dee- grease soundtrack
midnight show- the killers
jenny, was a friend of mine- the killers