OtakuBoards

Ten Random Songs...game.

Ailes de Velour

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Let's give it another go!

[b]1. 3 Inches of Blood - Deadly Sinners {Advance and Vanquish}[/b]
I love these guys. I saw them in concert a while ago. It was pretty epic. Cam Pipes has one of the silliest yet most awesome voice in metal. It's like the vocalist of King Diamond, but more gruff. Killer guitar work and lyrics that are chock full of the Power of Steel!
"Triumphant victory when you BRING THEIR STEEL TO LIFE!"

[b]2. Rhapsody - Rain of a Thousand Flames {Rain of a Thousand Flames}[/b]
This is a really cool song musically, but it's got some of the most messed-up lyrics I've heard in Power Metal. Here's a [URL=http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/rhapsody/rainofathousandflames.html#1]link,[/URL] but be warned, it's a bit NSFW.

[b]3. Aina - Rebellion {Days of Rising Doom - The Metal Opera}[/b]
Okay, first off, that is one of the sweetest album names I've ever seen. I dig this song, it sounds a bit like Kamelot, just with a different singer. The other songs don't, though, which is pretty cool. Not that I don't like Kamelot, I just like variation. This is probably my favorite song of the album. But the plot of the album is really weird...

[b]4. Type O Negative - Burnt Flowers Fallen {October Rust}[/b]
I like these guys. They're silly. It's songs like "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" and "Black No. 1" that just make you laugh. Plus, the lead singer made VH1's "100 Most Metal Moments" by posing in Playgirl, of all things. Musically, however, I really like the chords in their songs.

[b]5. Sinergy - Virtual Future {Beware the Heavens}[/b]
When my friend Jakehammaren told me about this band, I loved the idea. "My goodness," I said to myself. "Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom playing with a [i]female lead singer?[/i] Finally!" Then I heard them, and I was less than pleased with her voice. So, foolishly, I deleted all of their songs from my iTunes. That was 2 years ago. I got them back, finally, after realizing that her voice really isn't that bad. So yeah, awesome band.

[b]6. Avian - The Depths of Time {From the Depths of Time}[/b]
These guys are pretty good. I got them a while ago but only just got around to listening to them. They're Power Metal with Progressive influences. My only complaint is that the mix could be better. You can't hear the guy's voice too well.

[b]7. Lumsk - Perpålsa {Troll}[/b]
I love Folk Metal. Lumsk is [i]very[/i] Folk Metal. Thus, I love Lumsk. I love the accordians, I love the fiddles, I love the guy's voice, I love the girl's voice, I love the subtle touch of the organ... I love Lumsk. And you should too.

[b]8. Opeth - The Funeral Portrait {Blackwater Park}[/b]
Opeth... is amazing. I can't begin to describe the guitar riffs, their subtle choice of chords that is somehow undeniably Opeth; Mikael Åkerfeldt's voice, how he has not only one of the greatest clean voices I've heard but the fullest, richest Death Metal growl; the sorrowful poetry of their lyrics... If you're going to get an Opeth album, get this one, Blackwater Park. It is undeniably their best work. However, you would not be erring in buying either The Ghost Reveries, which is their latest album, or Damnation, which is entirely acoustic and good if you can't stand growly vocals, no matter how awesome they are.

[b]9. Nevermore - Sentient 6 {This Godless Endeavor}[/b]
Nevermore is one rockin' band. If you want some harsh yet poetic critiques of modern society and politics, here you go. His voice is great, the guitar work is great, and the choruses are so powerful. This song is about a very sad and angry robot that builds an army, goes crazy, and destroys mankind. It's also my favorite of the album. Maybe.

[b]10. Ayreon - Day Twenty: Confrontation {The Human Equation (Disc 2)}[/b]
Ayreon is so cool. Every album has a different line-up of singers and instrumentalists, but it's all done and written by a man named Arjen Anthony Lucassen. The story of this album follows the mental struggles of a man trapped in a coma as he talks with personifications of his emotions. This track follows the final day of his coma, and his struggle to return to reality and conciousness. Very cool.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, here we go

1. Whiplash - Metallica
2. Deify - Disturbed
3. Step Up - Drowning Pool
4. Mortal Kombat theme tune
5 Street Fighting Man - Motley Crue
6 U Fig - System Of A Down
7 Ratamahatta - Sepultra
8 Mann Gegen Mann - Rammstein
9 My Plague - Slipknot
10 Replica - Fear Factory

I had to do a lot of skipping because Metallica, System Of A Down, and Disturbed came up a lot, and i didnt want a 1 or 2 band heavy list

1. The All-American rejects - Dirty Little Secrets
2. Mariah Carey - Breakdown
3. Ghost in the Shell - Inner Universe
4. Do As Infinity - Yotaka no Yume
5. Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight Goodnight
6. Papa Roach - Dead Cell
7. Jackie Chan & Kim Hee Sun - Endless Love
8. Kiss - Because I'm a girl
9. Senses Fail - Choke on this
10. Blink 182 - Adam's Song

[SIZE=1]Here's for a second time 'round.

1) [B]Make My Dreams Come True -- Apollo 440[/B] I like this song. It's from the soundtrack of Eurotrip. I think it would have good potential of becoming a Dance Dance Revolution song.

2) [B]About Her -- Malcolm McLaren[/B] I love this remake. It's from the Kill Bill Vol. 2 soundtrack. It's slow and the lyrics are cool.

3) [B]Phoenix [Basement Jaxx REMIX] -- Daft Punk[/B] A seven-minute compelation, but it changes tempo and tune.

4) [B]I think I can -- the pillows[/B] FLCL soundtrack. I always thought this was a funny song. It took me a while to figure out what they were trying to say in English.

5) [B]Hoshi no Suna -- Gackt Camui[/B] From the Seventh Night album. It combines strings with Gackt's voice. While this isn't the best of Gackt, it's still a fairly good song.

6) [B]White Light -- Gorillaz[/B] It's the Gorillaz, 'nuff said.

7) [B]THE BEAST [Quick Tempo] -- Neon Genesis Evangelion[/B] This song is just...creepy. It sounds like something that popped out of a horror movie. [SPOILER]But when the Evangelion is finally awakening and then starts eating the face of an angel, that's when y'know that things are messed up.[/SPOILER]

8) [B]real Emotion -- Kumi Koda[/B] Final Fantasy X-2. I think I prefer the English version of this song, the voice is more powerful.

9) [B]Kimi ga Oikaketa Yume -- Gackt Camui[/B] This version is from the Seventh Night also. I prefer the electric guitars to the acoustics for this song.

10) [B]pilgrim snow -- Wolf's Rain[/B] A light-hearted instrumental for the series. I like the little bit of flute that was added in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I've had a go at it:

[b]i)[/b] Knife Called Lust - by [I]Hollywood Undead[/I]
[b]ii)[/b] My Eyes Burn - by [I]Matchbook Romance[/I]
[b]iii)[/b] I Write Sins Not Tragedies - by [I]Panic! At The Disco[/I]
[b]iv)[/b] Did My Time - by [I]KoRn[/I]
[b]v)[/b] Target Audience - by [I]Marilyn Manson[/I]
[b]vi)[/b] Language Lessons - by [I]Hawthorne Heights[/I]
[b]vii)[/b] Annihilation By The Hands Of God - by [I]Roadrunner United[/I]
[b]viii)[/b] Attack - by [I]30 Seconds to Mars[/I]
[b]ix)[/b] Neo Geisha - by [I]Zeromancer[/I]
[b]x)[/b] Death Said - by [I]The Summer Obsession[/I]

<3-Matchbook Romance/Panic! At The Disco/KoRn/Manson/Zeromancer/Hawthorne Heights-<3

Those bands are all located somewhere in my top 10 bands. I vary my music taste, from Emo to Metal, from Nu-Metal to Punk. And so-on. It shows in this little here list of 10 random songs that got played in my player.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]These are fun to do.

[b]1. Mägo de Oz - El Callejòn del Infierno {Gaia II: La Voz Dormida}[/b]
These guys are too great! It's mostly Power Metal, but with SO MANY sub-genre influences! They have a flutist/violinist like in Folk Metal, they have Prog Metal organ wankery... Man. Plus, Power Metal vocals singing in SPANISH? It's so unexpected, and so great!

[b]2. Children of Bodom - Living Dead Beat {Are You Dead Yet?}[/b]
This is probably the best song off of CoB's latest. It's alright, but what I really miss are the touches of Neoclassical Metal that permeated their earlier efforts, like Hatebreeder and Something Wild. But I guess those days are gone... *Sigh*

[b]3. Ayreon - Day Eight: School {The Human Equation (Disc 1)}[/b]
If you've read my last post, you know the low-down on these guys. This one's cool. Mikael Åkerfeldt (of Opeth fame) gets a nice spot on this album as "Fear." He does the first verse of this song. But the show is stolen, in this case, by the sung argument between "Reason" and "Rage". Great song on a great album.

[b]4. Sonata Arctica - My Land {Ecliptica}[/b]
Sonata Arctica. Man, I love 'em. I don't know which is my favorite album of theirs, Ecliptica or Silence. They both have their awesome fast songs and then they both have their kinda lame slow songs. Although, they pull off the slowness on "Replica" off of this album, because it doubles the tempo halfway through and cuts in with a killer guitar solo. So, I think I'm going to go for Ecliptica as an overall album.

[b]5. Rhapsody - Agony Is My Name {Power of the Dragonflame}[/b]
I think Rhapsody should've done the soundtrack for the Lord of the Rings movies. No, never mind, Blind Guardian, because they're the Tolkein junkies. But if I ever make a movie with some kind of huge epic battle in it, I'm gonna ask Rhapsody to compose a song for it. But man, I love the chorus of this song!
"The fury will rise, and soon
They will taste my silver blade
And they will face the Prophecy
'CAUSE AGONY IS... MY NAME!"

[b]6. Dark Tranquillity - Lost to Apathy {Character}[/b]
Dark Tranquillity manages to do something remarkable: they are totally epic, but NOT POWER METAL! Or even Viking Metal! Or even Folk Metal! And without clean vocals, too! They're Melodic Death Metal with an awesome growl and some of the [i]coolest[/i] keyboard lines! This one of my favorites of all their songs, hence its presence on The Epic Mix. And they're coming in concert with Opeth! Glee!

[b]7. Avian - Blinding Force {From the Depths of Time}[/b]
This is my favorite song of the album, I'd say. I love the chorus because "blinding force" is a very cool thing to say in Power Metal style. Also, at the end of the song, everything cuts out except some shifting keyboard chords and he sings that in an awesomely high voice.

[b]8. Hammerfall - The Templar Flame {Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken}[/b]
I gotsta get me some more Hammerfall. Just gotsta. And their lyrics rock, and their vocal layering is also top knotch.
"You see the words - SPEAK!
In infrared - SPEAK!
You see the words
Damn the machine - SPEAK!
Speak of the flame... Templar Flame!"

[b]9. Sonata Arctica - Peacemaker {Wolf & Raven EP}[/b]
This song makes me laugh. Ya gotta love the Arctica, but their lyrics are so corny sometimes. I have no idea how Tony Kakko sang, "Eating hot dog on the corner of Main and South Street" with a straight face. I certainly couldn't.

[b]10. Moonsorrow - Pakanajuhla {Suden Uni}[/b]
This is another band I have to get more of. This song is so contagiously folky and bouncy I can't believe it. It's such a fun little riff, all the more accentuated by the timely shouts of "Hey!" Man, I love Viking Folk Metal.[/FONT][/COLOR]

here we go again!
this time to mix it up I'm going to start doing my different play lists... starting with "Punk"
1. The Vandals//Too Much Drama
2. Strung Out//An American Paradox
3. AFI//The Days of the Phoenix
4. Alkaline Trio//Donner Party (All Night)
5. SNFU//Drunk on a Bike
6. Anti-Flag//What's the Difference?
7. Anti-Flag//The Press Corpse
8. The Vandals//Ok
9. NOFX//The Idiots are Taking Over
10. SNFU//Big Thumbs