OtakuBoards

Your MATURE opinions on homosexuality

ChibiHorsewoman

[font=lucida calligraphy][color=darkviolet]Well it's the end of the year folks, time for Chibi Horsewoman to make a debate thread. A tongue in cheek debate thread which requires maturity and lots of thought. Of course if we aren't ready for it yet, go ahead and close it. Also if the posting gets out of hand and really nasty close it.

I'm asking people's opinions on homosexuality. Is it learned or inherited? Is it moral? Does it prevent you from being a good parent? Should gay couples be allowed to adopt? Should same sex marriages be legalized? Please share your MATURE well thought out opinions.

I believe that homosexuality is inherited not learned. You can't just go gay. You either are or aren't. There is nothing that you could watch on TV that would turn you gay (IE watching Will and Grace will not turn you into Jack)

I also don't believe that being gay prevents you from being a good parent. I worked with a single mom over the summer and she was a lesbian and she was raising her son just fine. I also don't see why gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt in some states. If they are financially able to provide a good home for a child and have gone through a back ground check (as they should with all prospective adoptive parents and they do that with foster parents who are looking to adopt their foster children) then why shouldn't they be able to adopt?

As for same sex marriages, if they love eachother and are willing to stick it out I say legalize them It's the best argument I can come up with now. I'll play devil's advocate with this specific topic later.

Well, there you have it. My controversial topic right before the new year.

♪Live long, live free, so mote it be
Chibi Horsewoman♪[/color][/font]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i have no problems with homosexuality. i even have a friends that's bi for that matter. and plus, it's a free country. people say it's wrong because it's not in the bible or whatever, but why are politics getting involved?? church and government are supposed to be separate. so why is the government trying to get rid of same sex marriage?? i don't think homosexuality demoralizes people. people should truly understand homosexuals to STOP THE IGNORANCE!!

[SIZE=1]I agree with both of them.

It's how you are, can't help that and people shouldn't try to change that. Its who they are, it was helps make them who you are. I have a gay friend and he is pretty damn cool. Sure our interest are different and he does things different but he's still a really cool person. So this goes with one of the oldest sayings in the book. "You can't judge a book by it's cover." And if your happy with having a male partner and your male whatever it's your private life noone should persecute you for what you do in your sex life.[/SIZE]

Guest SHADOWanimation
you know, i dont know if any of you have heard of and or seen a comedian named Russell Peters, but if you ever get a chance to, he says something really true...why the hell do people concern themsels with something thats never going to effect there lifes? the governmetn wont be effected by gay people, so i dont see why they get involved, probably seeking attention like the little kids they are. churches shouldnt have a problem because they go against everything that they have been following, if god created us to be equal, and jesus passed his teachings to the world, and died for us, by saying that gay people are a bad thing and churches denying it, there only going agianst what they themsels stand for...sadly everyone over looks such things because they always brainwash you with some bs about what some non existing gay person has done. oh well, i got one last thing to say to all the straight guys in the world who hate gay ppl, you hate gay men, u gatta hate lesbians, it cant be one or the other, has to be both.

[quote name='SHADOWanimation']oh well, i got one last thing to say to all the straight guys in the world who hate gay ppl, you hate gay men, u gatta hate lesbians, it cant be one or the other, has to be both.[/quote]

That was the best statement I have ever heard XD

I don't really see anything wrong with people being gay, it's their life, why the hell should I care? I support gay marriage and adoption because gay people should be able to do what anyone else can. As for wether it's learned or born with, who freikin cares? Why the hell does that matter? If someone thinks their own gender is hot, they do, no questions need to be asked!

Heh... to be quite honest I don't like it, however I do accept it. I could have a gay friend without a problem, however I can't really say that I want to hear what happened between his or her boyfriend/girlfriend since it really isn't my thing.

Other then that I can only agree with what has been said so far, why should other people care about weither or not "Steven" here (some random name I came up with) falls in love with guys rather then with girls. Becouse honestly its none of our buisness, if his parants or other family has something to say about it thats another story however its still his life and therefor his choise...

I guess thats about it ^_^

Love is love, that's all I can say. But I'll be nice and elaborate for you. I have a couple of uncles who live in the Boston area who are gay and are married, and I have no problems with it. These uncles are my favorite uncles, in fact, and I have better conversations with them than with my straight uncle. The whole marriage bit I have no problems with, so long as no one is getting hurt it shouldn't matter who gets married to whom.

I have to say the same for the adoption bit. Who says that gay couples are any less adept than straight couples? Like I said, my gay uncles are the nicest adults I have in my family, and I'm sure that they'd make good parents if they wanted kids. Besides, people seem to know that they are gay before they get married, so it certainly isn't a part of the socialization process. People aren't socialized to be gay, so a child who has gay parents will most likely be as well adjusted as the child with straight parents.

Nope. I have no problems with it on either topic, but the higher up people in the government seem to have a problem.

[size=1][font=georgia]First of all, homosexuality isn't an issue to me. Disliking someone because of their sexual preference is basicallly like racism to me. It's not accepting who the person is and what they are, and that's like hating someone because of skin color, or something along those lines.

I also believe homosexuality is something you are born with. Of course, you can look more into your preference and figure out if you are gay, bi, or straight, but you can't just watch a TV show or something and then decide you are gay because it seems 'cool' or you want to be 'different', things like that. It's dumb, accept who you are. (A couple of my friends have done that, and it annoys the crap out of me.)

As for adoption, let them. Gays are people, and they deserve the same rights. They're saving children, why not let them? They won't corrupt them, they'll let them live their lives and be the best parents they can be. Besides, you can be straight or gay and you can be a good or horrible parent, it really depends if the person likes children, likes to raise children, things such as that.

Basically, I think gays should get the same rights, no better no worse.[/size][/font]

[COLOR=Red]This thread doesnt seem like its heading in the controversial direction.
(time for me to wreck the place)

I am a hardcore Christian(bet some of you just groaned), so i can honestly say that outlawing same sex marriages is a smart move. It is in the bible. Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of gays and lesbians. Guess what happened to them, both obliterated (or so it says). Eh, but i know that there are different beliefs and religions out there, not trying to insult anyone or anything like that, just sayin what i believe. and its funny to say that government and church should be separated when it was on the morals of the Catholic faith that this country was built on in the first place. Same as trying to take God out of the pledge.

One quick thing tho. There is no possible way for someone to be BORN a gay or a lesbian. Its been proven scientifically to be imposible. so dont believe that for an instant. I heard some guy try to use that dodge and looked it up.

and i really dont think it hinders the ability to be a parent or adoption (truthful thought), but that doesnt mean i think its ok (personal beliefs).

NOW its a controversy.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with hardcore Christians. There's nothing wrong with someone who really loves God -- there's something wrong with it when you become a Pharisee. Sodom and Gomorrah was Old Testament, and I really don't feel like reiterating what that means to a Christian... and I'm sure you know that while OT is important, the NT is what you should be paying a bit more attention to.

As for whether people are born gay or become gay - who cares? Why does it matter? They're people. If that's the way they swing, then fine with me. Sure, I feel a bit uncomfortable when I see two gay guys kissing, but I'm not going to call them sinners. I'm also completely for same-sex marriage. Love is love.

orbindo, you should understand that the United States of America has no national religion, therefore it is not right to push Christian teachings and beliefs upon those who may or may not share those values. They aren?t Christian, so why should they follow your Christian belief that it should not be allowed solely because it is ?sinful.? Jesus never crammed His teachings down his disciples? throats ? he taught them, encouraged them, and helped them. Never did he force them to ?pick up their cross? and follow Him. Their actions were entirely voluntary. What you?re doing is being a Pharisee ? you follow rules to the letter, overlooking the simple fact that they?re human, they love one another as a straight couple, and statistically stick together more than straight couples).

You?re living in the past. Gay marriage is inevitable in the future ? the same was thought about segregation and religious freedom in America. One day, our children won?t be able to fathom times when gays were unable to marry freely.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution'] One day, our children won?t be able to fathom times when gays were unable to marry freely.[/size][/quote]

[color=darkviolet][font=lucida calligraphy]Let's hope so. I know I wouldn't care if my daughter decided to come home and tell me she was a lesbian. I'd be like. OK Abby (that's her name) What do you want for dinner and did you finish your homework in school?

And for the record, Sodom and Gamorrah weren't destroyed for their homosexual inhabitants but for their incivility to travelers. Read it correctly. :animesigh

Don't hate the religion
Hate the practitioners
CHW [/color][/font]

[QUOTE=Wasabi][size=1][font=georgia]First of all, homosexuality isn't an issue to me. Disliking someone because of their sexual preference is basicallly like racism to me. It's not accepting who the person is and what they are, and that's like hating someone because of skin color, or something along those lines.

I also believe homosexuality is something you are born with. Of course, you can look more into your preference and figure out if you are gay, bi, or straight, but you can't just watch a TV show or something and then decide you are gay because it seems 'cool' or you want to be 'different', things like that. It's dumb, accept who you are. (A couple of my friends have done that, and it annoys the crap out of me.)

As for adoption, let them. Gays are people, and they deserve the same rights. They're saving children, why not let them? They won't corrupt them, they'll let them live their lives and be the best parents they can be. Besides, you can be straight or gay and you can be a good or horrible parent, it really depends if the person likes children, likes to raise children, things such as that.

Basically, I think gays should get the same rights, no better no worse.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]
im with you all the way

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Hey, there ain't nothing wrong with hardcore Christians. There's nothing wrong with someone who really loves God -- there's something wrong with it when you become a Pharisee. Sodom and Gomorrah was Old Testament, and I really don't feel like reiterating what that means to a Christian... and I'm sure you know that while OT is important, the NT is what you should be paying a bit more attention to.

As for whether people are born gay or become gay - who cares? Why does it matter? They're people. If that's the way they swing, then fine with me. Sure, I feel a bit uncomfortable when I see two gay guys kissing, but I'm not going to call them sinners. I'm also completely for same-sex marriage. Love is love.

orbindo, you should understand that the United States of America has no national religion, therefore it is not right to push Christian teachings and beliefs upon those who may or may not share those values. They aren?t Christian, so why should they follow your Christian belief that it should not be allowed solely because it is ?sinful.? Jesus never crammed His teachings down his disciples? throats ? he taught them, encouraged them, and helped them. Never did he force them to ?pick up their cross? and follow Him. Their actions were entirely voluntary. What you?re doing is being a Pharisee ? you follow rules to the letter, overlooking the simple fact that they?re human, they love one another as a straight couple, and statistically stick together more than straight couples).

You?re living in the past. Gay marriage is inevitable in the future ? the same was thought about segregation and religious freedom in America. One day, our children won?t be able to fathom times when gays were unable to marry freely.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]There's nothing left for me to say, Retri's said it all. I agree with every word =)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Wasabi][size=1][font=georgia]First of all, homosexuality isn't an issue to me. Disliking someone because of their sexual preference is basicallly like racism to me. It's not accepting who the person is and what they are, and that's like hating someone because of skin color, or something along those lines.

Basically, I think gays should get the same rights, no better no worse.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet][font=lucida calligraphy] *goes and builds a shrine to Wasabi.* It's right up there with Retri's.

♥Rich as a miser, poor as a mite
we're all the same when we turn off the light- Shel Silverstein♥[/color][/font]

[quote name='orbindo][COLOR=Red']I am a hardcore Christian(bet some of you just groaned), so i can honestly say that outlawing same sex marriages is a smart move. It is in the bible. Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of gays and lesbians. Guess what happened to them, both obliterated (or so it says).[/COLOR][/quote]
You know what I had MORE of a problem with concerning Sodom and Gomorrah? The fact that rather than have the visitors [B]gang raped[/B], he was willing to give up his own daughters D: I don't think that God's problem with the city was so much that they wanted to do things with [I]men[/I], as much as [I]what [/I] they wanted to do with them. Gang rape is messed up whether it be homo [I]or [/I] hetero-sexual. Plus, they'd obviously committed a lot of other sinful acts before this, and I'm sure it wasn't all homosexual acts.

I personally have nothing against homosexuality. Why should I? As long as people are able to maintain healthy, loving relationships, why should I have a problem? I wasn't even really aware that people were bothered by homosexuality till I was 14. I've been around a fair few since I was a kid, and they're no different than straight people. It's natural, and I'm confused as to why people feel the need to meddle in others' personal affairs.

Personally, I dont think it matters whether people think their born with it or it develops. Either way, a persons sexuality is a part of their character. Ive got no problem with it. Why should I? After all, where all different in some way, be it race or interests, so why should sexuality be a problem?

The problem is that no matter how much time passes, there will also be people who believe in a discrimination of some kind that drives others into seclusion (or worse). In my opinion, Its these people who are the greatest threat to society.

For the record, im not refering to christians who dislike homosexuals because of their beliefs. Im against any person of any religion who feels it is right to beat, kill or abuse homosexuals because of their sexuality.

Guest boyhoodbravery
i believe in same sex marriages and stuff like that theres nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian.
some of my best friends are.
i think homophobia is gay.

[quote name='orbindo][COLOR=Red']I am a hardcore Christian(bet some of you just groaned), so i can honestly say that outlawing same sex marriages is a smart move. It is in the bible. Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of gays and lesbians. Guess what happened to them, both obliterated (or so it says).[/color][/quote]

Yes, I did groan. No, you're quite wrong. Outlawing same sex marriage is NOT a smart move. It would piss off alot of people. If same sex marriage is outlawed, I'll bet there will be alot of riots. You'll see me involved in them, too. (Proud bisexual.)
Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of gays who gang raped people and lived in sin, not because they were gay, but because of their uncivilized manner of treating foreigners and visitors, as well as their own. Please, don't try to put the biblical stuff in here unless you know what you're talking about. Don't be a TYPICAL hardcore "I'm so happy but you're all going to hell" Christian by twisting the bible's words to fit YOUR morales, please. If you want to argue with YOUR PERSONAL (not brainwashed since you were born) morales, then I suggest that you leave the bible out of it, because you obviously have interpretion problems. No offense, just giving my opinion, and trying to make a Christian see the light for a change. :animesmil

[quote name='orbindo][color=red']and its funny to say that government and church should be separated when it was on the morals of the Catholic faith that this country was built on in the first place. Same as trying to take God out of the pledge.[/color][/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA! You're really funny. It was not on the morales of the CATHOLIC faith at all. Puritans came over first. They weren't Catholic. Puritans' beliefs were the ones that this country was founded on. The English colonists that came over were Protestants. NOT Catholics. Get your facts straight. Seriously. It is NOT like taking God out of the Pledge. You know why they have separation of church and state? So little Bible Thumpers like you won't make people like me feel unhappy and opressed. And so they won't take over the country (more so than they already have) and have another Inquisition or Crusade. Our forefathers wanted to keep church and state separated. I don't think that they'd be rolling over in their graves to see us practicing separation of church and state. Taking God out of the Pledge would just be rude and insulting, and too many people would get angry about it. We'd have riots.

[quote name='orbindo][color=red']One quick thing tho. There is no possible way for someone to be BORN a gay or a lesbian. Its been proven scientifically to be imposible. so dont believe that for an instant. I heard some guy try to use that dodge and looked it up.[/color][/quote]

PROVE IT! Really, PROVE IT. Give me a link to a website or something, that has scientific evidence. Actually, I won't even believe it if I read it or hear it. I'd have to watch something that could really convince me. And it would have to be people that aren't of any of the Abramic/Abrahamic religions doing this study, because I don't trust anyone whose faith (or just the majority of the practitioners) says that homosexuality is wrong. I'd trust an Atheist, they're probably less likely to find some explanation that is all a LIE.
You know how I know that I am bisexual? I just know. When I started liking guys, I just liked guys (I was about 8 years old). About a year or so later, I noticed that I had an interest in girls, too. I thought it was weird and wrong, I'd never even heard of any of that before, it just didn't seem to fit. I kept it hidden inside, tried to ignore it, tried to push it away. When I went to middle school, the kids called me a lesbian. They liked to make up rumors, and that was one. Had they found out that I liked girls, too? Impossible, I never told anyone. Then, in 8th grade, different school, different friends, I had one BEST FRIEND. I told her. About a week later, everyone knew. I got teased. I went to high school, and nobody cared. I could finally be me. I was born bisexual. I didn't make a choice to like girls as well as guys. If I decided to go on with my life and be straight forever, I'd still like girls. I would still feel attracted to girls. It's always been natural to me.
By the way, studies have shown (according to my wonderful spiffy smart friend Ryan), that the brains of gay men actually do resemble that of women's brains. They can be born with that instinct. He doesn't know exactly about lesbians or bisexuals, because he doesn't quite remember and doesn't want to misquote anything. But he's sure about the gay men.
In your face. :animesmil

p.s -- If you really want to question sexuals morales of the bible, you can start looking at all of the incest.

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=4][B]AMEN SISTER!!![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] (renayiiq)

Anyways, I'm really happy about all the support in this thread! Being a gay man, this topic is, obviously, a touchy subject, but so far, it seems like the majority of the posters have hit the nail right on the head! YAYS!

So, first question: Is it learned or inherited? Well, that's sorta tough to answer, but I'll do my best. Some people say that it's learned, just because they don't want to accept the fact that it isn't. Sure, there are the few people, well, not so few now, that say that they're gay, bi, whatever because they think it's "cool," or for some other stupid reason. That, in my mind, is what's wrong. I strongly believe that homosexuality is inherited. Ok, bear with me. Seriously, why would ANYONE want to choose to **** up their lives, have themselves ridiculed, beaten, or even killed, lessen their chances of getting jobs, loosing friends and family members, and having a pre-determined lable put on them? (I'd love for someone to answer this one!) Ok, I don't think that anyone in this world would want any of the above things to happen to them just because of a "choice." Would you?

Next question: Is it moral? Ok, this one's harder. Everyone has their own morals, so, it really depends on each person's personal views. Just incase you can't guess, my answer to this question is yes. It is moral. I don't care what other people think about this, just as long as they don't shove it in my face, just as I don't shove it in theirs.

Next: Does it prevent you from being a good parent? Um, hell no! I don't think that it really matters if you're gay or straight. If you're going to be a good parent, then you're going to be a good parent. If you're not, then you're not. It doesn't matter. It's like asking, "Does being black/caucasion/native/indian/whatever prevent you from being a good parent?" I think not.

Number four: Should gay couples be allowed to adopt? Ok, seriously. Gay's aren't any different from other people other than the fact that they like their own parts, if you will. As I said before, I never repeat myself. Ok, sorry guys! I couldn't resist! Anyways, as I said before, it DOESN'T MATTER that the person is gay...I'm sounding like a broken record here.

And Five: Should same sex marriages be legalized? I don't really have an opinion on this one. I say, whoever people want to marry, let them. I guess that [I]is[/I] an opinion, eh? Ok, let me elaborate a little. I believe that love is love, no matter what. Love crosses all boundries, whether it be gender, race, or even species. I dunno about the rest of you, but I sure as hell love my dog! (Not that I'm going to marry him, but you get the idea.) The fact is, it shouldn't really matter if a couple's gay, straight, or if there's three of them. People should just let them do it.

In summary, I think that people are oversensitive concerning anything that's different from themselves, a.k.a. the "norm." People should get over themselves, and just accept everyone else the way they are. This kind of thinking is a little idealistic, and I realize that, but if everyone just got off it, this world would be in so much more harmony. Anyways, I'm rambling now. These are my thoughts and opinions. Hope they answered your questions CHW!

[COLOR=DarkRed]-Random[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Mhm.

Now is time for a debate, I can show off my great debating skills that I learned in high school and some just comes from my own personality. But anyways this post really made me want to jump in.

I am going to just quote the whole message first then quote it bit by bit as I go on.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote=orbindo]This thread doesnt seem like its heading in the controversial direction.
(time for me to wreck the place)

I am a hardcore Christian(bet some of you just groaned), so i can honestly say that outlawing same sex marriages is a smart move. It is in the bible. Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of gays and lesbians. Guess what happened to them, both obliterated (or so it says). Eh, but i know that there are different beliefs and religions out there, not trying to insult anyone or anything like that, just sayin what i believe. and its funny to say that government and church should be separated when it was on the morals of the Catholic faith that this country was built on in the first place. Same as trying to take God out of the pledge.

One quick thing tho. There is no possible way for someone to be BORN a gay or a lesbian. Its been proven scientifically to be imposible. so dont believe that for an instant. I heard some guy try to use that dodge and looked it up.

and i really dont think it hinders the ability to be a parent or adoption (truthful thought), but that doesnt mean i think its ok (personal beliefs).

NOW its a controversy.[/quote]

[quote name='orbindo']so i can honestly say that outlawing same sex marriages is a smart move. [/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]Um. Just because its in writing, doesn't mean that everyone has to actually go ahead and do it. I am pretty sure that there are hundreds or thousands of gay's and lesbian's that are Christian. Yea, on to the next part.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='orbindo']and its funny to say that government and church should be separated when it was on the morals of the Catholic faith that this country was built on in the first place. Same as trying to take God out of the pledge.[/quote]

[COLOR=SlateGray][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]It's not funny. Government and the Church are two completely different things. You don't see politicians going around saying, "Well, since I am a Catholic I say.." they barely use religion in the Government anymore. America is so diverse that they can easily offend another politician, thus start a big spark and something bad bound to happen. So I agree with seperating the two, there is too much friction between them.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='orbindo']There is no possible way for someone to be BORN a gay or a lesbian. Its been proven scientifically to be imposible. so dont believe that for an instant. I heard some guy try to use that dodge and looked it up.[/quote]

[COLOR=SlateGray][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]Can you prove that statement please? I would like to see the site where this false information was uprooted. Of course someone can be gay, how do you think they are gay in the first place? Just because when someone is a baby they can't be attracted right away doesn't mean they can't be gay.

It makes no sense that its impossible. Ask a gay person how long they have been gay, and I can guarantee that most of the people you ask they will answer "Ever since I remember."[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='orbindo']and i really dont think it hinders the ability to be a parent or adoption (truthful thought), but that doesnt mean i think its ok (personal beliefs).[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Take a second and think about the sentence you just made. It makes completely no sense. If your against gays, but you think that they are allowed to adopt? Let me give you a situation.

You have a child and you are deciding to give up your child. The adoption agency finds the perfect couple who are looking to adopt. When you meet the couple they are lesbians. What do you do? You give your child up even though you do not like them because of their sexual orientation?

Think about it really.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#004a6f]As some of you already know, I'm muslim. Hence, I believe that homosexual [B]acts[/B] are forbidden and hated by God. God created men and women to be companions for eachother, and it angers him when either sex ignores them gift of companionship that he has given them.

I was exposed to the idea of homosexuality before I even learned that it was wrong in my religion, before even learning the story of Sodom. Even then I felt that it was wrong and unnatural.

I believe that homosexuality is simply a preference, just like how some people like coffee and others don't, just like how some like broccili and others don't. But some preferences are not good (like alcohol for instance), so people should avoid them.

I honestly don't understand why people don't see homosexuality as a problem. I'm not saying that we should hate or shun people with homosexual tendancies, but why doesn't our society at least see it as a problem and that these people need help (no offence to homosexuals here). Technically at least, (I'll leave morals out of this), homosexuality is wrong. It goes against the very nature of humans.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]As some of you already know, I'm muslim. Hence, I believe that homosexual [B]acts[/B] are forbidden and hated by God. God created men and women to be companions for eachother, and it angers him when either sex ignores them gift of companionship that he has given them.

I was exposed to the idea of homosexuality before I even learned that it was wrong in my religion, before even learning the story of Sodom. Even then I felt that it was wrong and unnatural.

I believe that homosexuality is simply a preference, just like how some people like coffee and others don't, just like how some like broccili and others don't. But some preferences are not good (like alcohol for instance), so people should avoid them.

I honestly don't understand why people don't see homosexuality as a problem. I'm not saying that we should hate or shun people with homosexual tendancies, but why doesn't our society at least see it as a problem and that these people need help (no offence to homosexuals here). Technically at least, (I'll leave morals out of this), homosexuality is wrong. It goes against the very nature of humans.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I think you have very little understanding about sex. It's not just an act to make children, it's the ultimate act of unity and bonding for couples, no matter what the sexual preference. By allowing homosexuals to love each other, but not consumate that love, you deny them that chance at unity. If someone were to tell you were allowed to love your husband and be with him, but not allow you to consumate that love, how would you feel?

It's a fine line. You either don't tolerate homosexuals or you do. You can't say "It's okay for them to love each other, but keep it in their pants", because that concept just doesn't work. A loving, healthy relationship contains both love and sex. So fess up. Do you tolerate homo sexuals on all levels, including tolerating their sexual practices (which do [u]not[/u] affect you on any level whatsoever), or do you not tolerate them at all?[/font][/color][/size]