OtakuBoards

Rate the Sig Above You

Shi no Tenshi

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=indigo]Nomad Tical, I give you a 5/10. The basic red and blue color doesn't go well with your banner. The blue, yes; but mixing the red in, no. The red is too powerful.

The little poem/lyric piece is probably the saving grace. Though, I'd like to see you change up the color scheme and play with different types of fonts...[/size][/color]

[size=1]Whoa, Goddess, nice banner and avatar.

I'm going to give you an [B]8.5/10[/B]. The avatar is perfect in every way - cropping, color, as well as a very attractive woman. The banner, however, isn't quite as perfect -- the crop is well done (haha), but the color of her lips makes things feel unbalanced to me.

And can you give me a name and number? :3[/size]

hehe. I suppose you people didn't get what I meant by the [b]graphical aspects[/b] of the person's signature - that excludes any additional text (which is argueably graphical as it is typography) but still - I felt this game was more for sig-makers in need of quick-crit.

Anywho - Retribution I rate your sig and avatar combo a [b]7/10[/b]. I like the simplicity of the quasi-primary colours but the dots don't do it for me. There's something unfinished about the way they cross over each other or under other colours.

The letters are intriguing - what do they stand for? :3

[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Your signature is kind of small to make out everything that's happening. I get the filme reference but it's just too hard, heh. Your av could probably do well to be bigger too - you should exploit the 150x80 avatar limits. It makes for more interesting avatars (180x100 even more so, but the only forum I knew that had that was shut :().

6/10![/font][/color][/size]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]DeadSeraphim, I rate your banner/text combo a [B]7/10[/B]. I rather like the fuzzy screen. It's unique, in it's fuzziness. With the text beneath it, I do love when people put things in their signatures that are a different language. It always makes me ponder what it means.

w00t, DeadSeraphim![/FONT][/SIZE]

kenshinbabe, I rate your Ed avatar 6/10.
+The drawing is rather nice, and the colouring is just as nice.
-I'm rather turned off by the glow/outline around it. Also, it seems a bit grainy... though I guess that may be the effect. Also, it seems to be unbalanced since it's cut off at the top and left side.

Your text is funny, and your avatar is nice, but apparently that's not what Shi no Tenshi would like me to rate. ^^

-Arvi

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]r2vq, I give you a 9/10 for your avatar and banner. I like the way that you positioned the people on the sides so that it draws attention instead of being in the middle. Like the picture of the super heros, too. Oh, and Spiderman or woman rules! Just wanted you to know that... =)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]The avater is fairly nice.The border is a bit weird though. I'm not fan of other borders than standard ones, unless they really add up to the picture. The quality of the avater image is nice though so I'll say this is a 7/10. Not really a special design, but it looks clean.

The banner is... Not good. The image quality is horrible and it's resized weird. The text "Get" looks terrible. And although "Backers" looks smoother, it still doesn't fit the rest of the banner. 3/10 for the banner.
And your overal signature is just way too huge for my taste. Signatures shouldn't be longer than a post I think.

I just took out my banner. Haha. Haha.[/size]

[FONT=comicsansms][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I'll give this a shot... :P

Alright Boo... the Avatar deffinately gets a 9/10. It's very colorful, and I like the neat little thing you did with the text and border meeting on one side and not the other. Plus, I like the frog...

The sig.... um... *cough*. Well, I'm sure it looked a little more unique with your old banner, so I can't say much. Just... what the hell is it doing? It's... staring at me... AGH! Erm... 6/10.

Free Pie? Where?![/COLOR][/FONT]

Muad'Dib: 7/10

Despite not having played the game, I've concluded that you really can't go wrong with MGS images, lol. It's a great-looking series.

The text in your avatar, though, is both not very noticeable and pretty spontaneous, heh. Your banner would be pretty good, but you can't read the "Snake" in "Snake Eater" at all.

I also like the lyric at the bottom, but it doesn't really fit the avatar/banner very well.

[size=1]Well, if it isn't my favorite John ever! *Get your name fixed sometime soon!*

I have to say, the ideas behind your banner and avi are awesome. Just, love it... but, as always.. I'm a nit picky idiot. 6.5/10

Your banner has a fun picture, and awesome cropping.... but in general, the image quality of both pictures... for lack of a better term.. sucks. The thicker then normal border is always great... *and who can go wrong with the barondance? That's why you get the .5*

The quality really just bothers me that much John... fix it!
[/size]

[color=crimson]

You can't go wrong with Gorillaz, well, you can, but I'll get back to that.

The banner is very stylish, and the style is portrays is catchy. The image, being smaller then be "banner space" is quite effective, and the use of either the exact grey fo the background or transparent gif makes the whole thing that bit more stlyish, like it's blended with the boards or something. I can't think of anything that would enchance that banner, so solid effort.

Tha avatar is nice, although you could bump up the contrast to have a sharper image, and I'd use a thick black border around it as well so it flows with the border of your banner.[/color]

[size=1]Shinji, shinji, shinji. 1.8/10 because you're a Kiwi.

I kid :p

The 'W' symbol could be sharper, but overall image quality is good [for both banner and avatar]. Because the background is black, a sharp and well-defined border is more difficult to pick out, but you really should have one, even if you can only see it across the chest of that guy in your picture - which is how I knew you didn't have one. Additionally, centering a signature [or at least the banner] is normally a lot better in my opinion, unless it is a really small banner which is meant to be positioned left/right. Your banner is the full 500 limit, so really, it should be centered.

7/10[/size]

[COLOR=#A18A58]^ I like the green on them hardy plants. Very much. Should have included the whole of the plants plus some space above 'em. Also, them well-sorted, resistant rock fragments take up so much space in that 300x80 banner of yours that it's impossible to screw the color scheme up. The black border I'm not very fond of; could've gone for a thick border in a shade close to that of the shadows, yeah? Still, it's very cute.

[b]8/10[/b][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]Raya's banner and avi combo, to me, is near flawless. The simplicity of the avi stands out and really attracts your eye to rest on it.

Though it fades a little in light of the banner, which is wonderful. My only gripe about it is the very thin, nigh invisible, white line. Maybe it was meant to be a divider of sorts and it really does break things up, which irks me.

9,5/10 ^_^

[SIZE=1][B]Edit:[/B] Cheers, Sakurasuke! Your critique was very generous and I completely agree with you on the banner issue.
It'll be something to keep in mind for future sets ^_^[/SIZE] [/FONT]

[SIZE=1][B]Mimminx[/B]

Banner- 7/10

I think you did an amazing job cropping out the avatar, but the banner isn't nearly as nice.

If it wasn't for the avatar, I wouldn't even know what was going on in the banner. It's just... Too plain, and cropped poorly.

But, since it does go so well with the avatar, I did give you a 7.[/SIZE]

[size=1][b]sakurasuka[/b] I give your set an 8/10. The soft, light colouring of the banner/avi is relaxing and friendly. The texture is a nice touch, but I'm afraid I can't agree with the "is just a word" font style (that is also in your avi).

The character in the banner is really cute. I love the smirk; it's playful and sort of carries that "yeah, sure" attitude which fits the words you use.

Good set ^_^[/size]

Gorgeous set, very elegant. You can't go wrong with a black and white contrast. The avatar is flawless, but the banner has hints of jpg-ness where the ribbon is and it pixelates. [b]8/10[/b] I'd give it full marks if the image quality were better (I find png the best) ;D

(just to clarify my current sig and av set were made from layering close ups of my still life paintings)

I changed mine, so I'll post again. (No avi/banner set this time.)

Shi no Tenshi: 8.5/10

Not much to say about this one, I just like the image. Reminds me of something from My Bloody Valentine. Quality's good too. Good job!

[color=royalblue][size=1]Wow, this is rather amusing. It's an interesting idea to have this whole chain of critique because I (and many others) wonder just how our sigs look to other people. I like putting the random quotes in mine. ^^;;

Err, okay. *cough* Let's get this going.

Well [b]John[/b], I guess your overall set is about a 7/10 or so. The banner reminds me of those "what the hell are we doing?" moments. But no, it's snowmen! And somebody ran over the snowman! It's those very random and dumb things that make me laugh. I love things that are fun.

The avatar could use some work. I'm really trying to determine what the hell is going on, since I'm seeing a person, a tennis racquet, and some sort of explosion. By itself it's, persay, unique and different, but the blue-ish background just throws it off. I'm guessing you were trying to make it blend into the background, but missed.

By the way, the hex color of the background is #F0F0F0. X3 Thank you random buttons.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Katana][color=royalblue][size=1]Wow, this is rather amusing. It's an interesting idea to have this whole chain of critique because I (and many others) wonder just how our sigs look to other people. I like putting the random quotes in mine. ^^;;

Err, okay. *cough* Let's get this going.

Well [b]John[/b], I guess your overall set is about a 7/10 or so. The banner reminds me of those "what the hell are we doing?" moments. But no, it's snowmen! And somebody ran over the snowman! It's those very random and dumb things that make me laugh. I love things that are fun.

The avatar could use some work. I'm really trying to determine what the hell is going on, since I'm seeing a person, a tennis racquet, and some sort of explosion. By itself it's, persay, unique and different, but the blue-ish background just throws it off. I'm guessing you were trying to make it blend into the background, but missed.

By the way, the hex color of the background is #F0F0F0. X3 Thank you random buttons.[/size][/color][/QUOTE] The banner's Calvin and Hobbes.=D

And the avatar is a picture from the cover of a Soundgarden album. The explosion is the guy's hair, and the tennis racket is a loop of microphone cord, and some speaker or something in the background. I may change it to make it clearer sometime later, but I'm too sleepy now.

By the way, what do you mean about a "blue-ish background"? It's a black and white photo, heh.

(And whoever's next, don't rate my sig, in case it wasn't obvious. :P)

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][color=teal](pretend there was someone named Loon90, whose post was deleted due to spam) -Syk3[/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=royalblue]Loon90, I give your banner a 6/10. You could work a little it more on the pictures and the image quality of it. And your words, you could work a little bit more on the text. Try to make it... stand out a little more, you know? Fool around with more fonts or download more fonts from a website. That always works. n.n

And for your avatar, I rate it a 8/10. I like the picture of the flower.. very pretty. I wonder if you did anything to it?? XD[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Oooh. This does look rather intresting .. I wonder why I haven noticed it before..

Well Keyblade Wielder for yet another new and rather impressing banner and avi combo I am going to give you and 8/10 for both your Avatar and your Banner.

Your Avi does seem to just be another pic of your banner. The colors you chose do work well together yet I dont really understand the purpose of the lines in the upper left hand corner.

The shine effect on your banner is rather well done though. However it does look slightly pixelated, unless that is a kind of filter.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]