OtakuBoards

Rate the Sig Above You

Shi no Tenshi

[color=crimson][font=lucida console]Illikon: Not a bad avi/banner combo there, I like the random layout of the the pawprints, and they serve to emphasise the main subject as the kitten (or whatever it is) quite well.

The only thing i can think of that doesn't quite fit in, is the little white blur next to the pawprint containing kitten, what is it? What purpose does it serve? I think the banner would look crisper if you removed that little aspect.[/font][/color]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinji: About that blur in Ikilion's signature... It looks like the same shape as the cat.
About your signature and avatar, it's very Wrestley. I like the simplicity of the entire thing.... But the signature can be a little annoying because it keeps flashing from one image to the other. Also, the avatar seems to be a little blurry.

Otherwise, a great signature for a wrestling fan.

-Arvi

[COLOR=#720755][SIZE=1]Made myself a new set! Bohahaha![/SIZE]

THEY'RE SOOOO CUTE!
Ehrm. The image is crisp and the extraction's excellent. That blinking thing to the left of them SD's makes your signature a tad more interesting. The border looks lovely; adding the subtle inner border is a good move.

You should've made the caption a bit sharper, though, 'cause it doesn't jive well with the rest of the elements, yeah? Try setting the anti-aliasing method to "None."

[b]9/10[/b][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]=O -gasp- Very nice banner though Raya. The blood spatter really lives up to the whole 11th division name. Well atleast as long as Kenpachi has been in it. Yet the purple does slightly reflect the mood. I dont really remember my archtypes very well so I dont really know what purple can mean. Your avatar does look kind of like what Kenpachi was like before he became captain though. Execpt its not covered in blood. The quote also does match the theme of the 11th division as well. Expically how different they are from everone else. So in the final. Although I may not be the best judge I give you a [B]10/10[/B]

PS: Yes the blur is just the outline of a cat. I though it was pretty good for my first time in Photoshop :p My attchment is the pic I used..as you can see it is indeed a cat...like thing[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='? Nomad Tical ?']I give you a 6/10. I like the banner, while it may just be words and no pictures, the fire looks really cool as well as the font. I don't like your avatar, though, as all attention is drawn to that big white line.[/quote]

....You callin' me ugly? The fire isn't a font, i made the fire using that font, photoshop, and mad skills. ;) As far as the white line... you mean that little house wall/roof blurry thing in the background? Is it really that distracting?

[size=1]How could a white line be distracting? That sexy pirate just commands my attention ^_~

I'd hit that.

Anyhow, since I'm here, I'll re-rate your set. Your banner/avi/sig set, that is, ahem. Your banner is creative, and I am a huge fan of fire/flames, but I will say that it's sort of hard to read. The contrast is good, but I think the font style is the problem--for me, anyways. Your avatar could [as a whole] use some shadow/highligt filtering or curve tinkering (to brighten it up some).

But the one thing that really bothers me, no border. >>; Just doesn't look finished. A simple, black, 1 pixel border would close them up and leave them looking a bit cleaner.

6/10.[/size]

Athena, I LOVE your banner/avi set. Wow. You'll always be a :::Goddess::: to me...*blush* So, on to the critisizement, not that there's much.

First off, your avi. It seems a little "washed out" to me. Too light, maybe. Perhaps you were going for a difference between your avi and banner, as they are the same pic. Also, it's a little grainy...maybe because it's too light? I'm not sure.

Now, the banner. In my eyes, this is a work of complete perfection. I really like the colors, and how it's darker than the matching avi...it looks more lifelike because it's darker. Also, having the woman's head not there really adds dynamic to it. The words are very simple, but the way you incorporated them, what with the color and white "shimmer" around them, gives almost an elagance to them.

9/10...KUDOS! (full marks if the avi was darker)

Now, f.y.i. to whoever rates my banner, this was done in Paint, and it's my first one...go easy!

-Random

[size=1]Eh, I played around with it; even croped it differently. It's hard to get the grainy-ness out of her hair, so if you complain about that, then you try to fix it >: (

Hehe, I kid. But seriously, I'm a bit happier with this version. Other than it's still a bit fuzzy, but if I sharpen it anymore, the grain will be unfixable--and her hair will look even worse than it is. [/size]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B][U].: Random :.[/U][/B]

Well, your banner is rather...scattered. The picture off to the right seems to just come out of nowhere and the words are scattered. (This is just me but...) I'm not really sure of the order they go in or if you even intended them to have an order in the first place. The other shape that takes up the majority of your banner looks cool, but the word KEEPER seems to take a bit away from it with the font and color.

That's all I really have to say. I'm kinda dumb with this and still learning about Photoshop myself, so don't take my words too seriously.

[B]6.5/10[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

6/10 I like the text: Nothing can save us now. The figure in your banner is somewhat interesting, I think it works out quite nicely. I would like to see a little more creativity in it though and some more imagination maybe, but it's not bad. Interesting ^_^

liquidous......is that you in the banner and avi? (If so....You're HOT!) :catgirl:
anyway... :animeswea
I like the black and white because it defines the tiny details well....
I also like the contrasting angles that appear to be a pair yet separate all at the same time.
I give you a 10/10! :animesmil

8/10
xliquidousx, both your avatar and sig are really nice.....even though I don't know who they are showing. I'm sure he's some jrock guy...right?
Anyways, I like how sharp the images are, and there is good contrast between the black and white.
But all in all I think your sig is better than your avatar. Maybe if you used a darker pic it'll match up better.

...but thats just my opinion.

:D

EDIT: Seems like someone beat me to it. But oh well....

[size=1][color=teal](lotsa spam deleted) -Syk3[/color][/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]Actually, Tical, I like your avatar. It's perfect, except you don't have a border, which REALLY bugs me. However, I really appreciate the re-coloring of Shugo. Therefore, you get a [b]8.5/10[/b]. Props, yo.[/size]

[size=1][b]Retri-poo[/b], I love the banner. You know me, fan of black and white. And, you have some sort of charm to pull off the revolution/revolt/protest/war-esque genre so well. The crop is great; it shows you all you need to see, and not so cramped up.

However, I'm sad to say I can't say the same thing about your avatar. I can appreciate what you are capturing with this set, but unlike the cleanliness of your banner, the avatar is bunched up--and pixely. I'm not fond of all the space either; the white columns behind Martin Luther King, Jr. really kind of dwarf him. King was a very important man, and I think that if you zoomed in on him more, the avatar would be even more moving/strong.

7/10[/size]

Well, Vampire fox made the avatar and the image was already like that. I just finished this banner, though, after an hour of cropping. I think Ill add borders to both.

Annie, yours is simply wonderful. The banner and avatar are extremely cool, and all the text looks good, not too big or small. 10/10

[color=darkslategray][size=1]DNAngel360: I like it. For Dark, the purple is quite...astute. I can't tell if you're using premade brushes, but I know that there is an image of Dark in the background, along with the foreground. Maybe if you had a little more substance or definintion to the background, it would be better. Then again, simplicity is beautiful.

Enough of my ramblings. 7.5/10.[/color][/size]

Changed again. :bdance:

As an initial note, I really wish I could've shown more of this strip (or just that particular panel) in my sig, because it's fantastically done, and seeing the whole thing really adds just a little bit more to the meaning. That said...

DNAngel360: 8/10

Not much to say about your avatar. I don't particularly like it a whole lot, but I see nothing wrong with it.

I initially liked your banner a lot, but when I read someone's response to it, I saw that they mentioned a face on the right side of it that I had never seen there before, lol. It seems obvious now, but before, I had no clue it was there. And now that I know it's there I really don't like your banner quite as much. ={ It really busies it up just a tad too much. I think it'd be an improvement if you took it out, and filled up the space with more abstract design, if necessary. The picture on the left is definitely enough for the banner, and other than this problem, I likes it a lot.

On a side note, Annie, is that image something from Guild Wars?

[b]EDIT:[/b] Argh, I'm late. >.<

Simplicity: 9/10

The hearts in the A in your avatar are very cleverly placed, but I can't say as much for the ones in the S in your banner. They kinda look squeezed in there.

The butterfly trails on either side there are cute, but the real kicker here is the "I hate pink" below it. XD

Good job and such.

Well, John...got some bad news for you. I WANT THAT SET! Ahem...well, I'd say that the only thing wrong with the set is the lack of boarders...I know, the boarders are there, but maybe a two-pixel boarder would work better visually. As it is now, both the avi and the banner seem to lack a boarder completely.

That being said, I really, really like the avi - Kudos! The banner, well, not quite the best pic you could have picked (no pun intended), but it goes really well with the avi.

7/10

-Random

[size=1]Alrighty, Athena, I decided to take your words to heart and make myself a new avatar. I hope it's more powerful, less pixely, and overall more appealling.

Random, I'm giving your banner/avatar set a [b]6/10[/b]. The text feels somewhat out of place and undynamic, while the stock used has a slight grain to it. I think the stock choice of the banner is a good one, however, the hand is out of the blue, completely not-matching your banner. And it's always a plus that you have a border. :3[/size]