OtakuBoards

Rate the Sig Above You

Shi no Tenshi

[COLOR=Indigo]Retribution since I saw the previous avatar I agree with Athena, the new one is much more effective. In the other one the pillars distracted from it where in this new one he clearly stands out. I give it a 9/10

I like the simply black and white of your banner, it makes a statement without being too busy. The words we shall are a tiny bit blurred, but that could be because I?m using my laptop and it does have a LCD display. I give it a 9/10 as well. Excellent set.[/COLOR]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indifference, I like the contrast between the Avi and the banner ,using the same pic sort of unifes it but having different background colors breaks it up too much for that to count....
The sparkles don't really draw your eye to any specific part of the pic though they make it interesting ....I give you a 6/10..... :animeswea sorry....not trying to be mean just my opinion ....shoot me.....

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Huzzah! A new banner and avatar set!! Seriously, though... I think I'm going to keep this one a it longer than the others because I've been switching them around a little too much. Lol, I bet a lot of people are sighing with relief. What can I say?? Making sets for me and other people are really fun! XD

Well, Angelofthe Rain, I give your set a 7/10. The picture in the banner is ok and all, but the word font doesn't really match it all too well. The purple doesn't blend in too much, either. The avatar is, well.... a little too small for my taste. I like to make my sets stretch to the limit, so maybe that might be it. And the picture, too, is kinda pixilated, so you might either want to make it bigger or save it under another format. PNG is good, too. :D

Other than that, I really like the blue angel and your text. Purty cool. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Fox, hunny, love it! Although it [I]is[/I] a little grainy, I understand...Paint. I know, I use it, too. That, Retribution, would be why mine looked grainy, and the font looked wierd...Paint is really limiting.

Well Fox, I give you a 7/10...woulda given you an eight, but that would be favortisim...hell you get an 8/10.

My only real beef, besides the graininess, is the lack of a boarder...you need to start boardering your banners and avis, hon. Also, a different picture, or a different part of the same one, for your avi would make this set even better...but, the words in both the banner and avi fit almost perfectly. Good job!

[color=#4B0082][b]Random:[/b]
I like the simplicity of the banner, that's my kind of style. There's not a lot going on, giving it a sharp focus. (Ha ha, get it? 'Cause they're eyes?) The cropping is good; the eyes are positioned nicely, and the hair on the right side fits well against the edge of the banner. It just needs a border.

The text could stand to be improved, I think. It's hard to read (and not just because they aren't standard English characters), mainly because of the shadow effect. Having the gray in front of the white is somewhat disconcerting as the white naturally stands out better against the black background. Also, a bit of a black outline on the text in front would help set it apart from the shadow and make it easier to see. Another small detail would be moving it a bit to the left so that's it's more centered within the black area of the banner.[/color]

Thanks, Des! Those comments really helped, and I've fixed it as best I could. The only thing I couldn't do is put black around the forfront font...fouth-full fof f's...lol...wow. Anyways, I couldn't do that because of Paint, so limiting...ya. So, hope it's better. By the way, the words are "Can you see me?"

Unoffically, I love your set, but I'm not going to rate them, seeing as mine already has been...next person, rate Des' set, not mine!

-Random

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Aww.... no one rated mine yet... ;_;

Anyways, Desbreko, I give your set a 8.5/10. I like it because it's very simple and it has one thing in mind: games. I like your chibi-people in your avatar. They're so cute. And I also like the women in your banner and the FF IV logo.... but, maybe it might be too plain for me. I'm the kind of person that wants people to automatically see my banners. But, in other cases, I really like yours, Desbreko. XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

KeyBlade wielder, I like the light colored background on your pic. It makes the foreground pics stand out. The avvy is good but the fact it is stretched so makes it look kinda warped.....but I give you kudos on it not being pixelated....

P.S.- you said you liked the words on mine? Thanks! those words are from some of my poetry....

Guess I'm doing Tical's, eh? (Canadian, I know, eh?)

[B]Nomad Tical[/B]

6/10

I'm giving you six because your set is...unique? Not quite the right word, but close...anyways, both pictures you have are pixely, and the font is really hard to read...and the color of the font, matched with the color of the boarder, really clashes with the rest of picture. Other than that, I do like the pictures you chose, and the idea behind them is good...it's just that the negative aspects outweigh the positive. No hard feelings?

So what happened to rating the sig above you? Lol. Anyway after watching this thread for a week I didnally decided to take 5 minutes out of my busy schecule to make a quick Naruto banner. :P

ANywho... On to Random....
I sure do love me some sepia tone. and I like the little fade marks in it. The text though blends a bit, and looks like it had no anti aliasing. The distortion(grainyness) in the pic is nice but the text is plain, and white no variation. Also as a genral rule of art the foreground(text in this case) should not be any brighter or darker than the backgroud. :( The image combos nice with whoever that guy is in your icon(not that I'm rating the Icon but it looks like it says "Handom".

All in all 7/10. You get a C. :P

Now vicious and unrulyness be unleashed upon me.

I like your avitar. The Image is well defined and stands out. Nothing draws your eye away from it (in the avitar) so thats good.

Your banner is unusual to me to say the least. *watches Lp spin and doesn't look away" Thats Hypnotizing trippy stuff. Id like it alot more if it was larger in size/longer and in the middle so you see it straight away.

seeing as these dont match ill rate them seperate.

Avi: 8.5/10

Banner: 7/10

Edit: i fixed it :) and yes it was in paint i dont have any other program :(

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]You have a good set there Fox, but you did both the avatar and banner on Paint I'm guessing? Pre-photoshop, I also used Paint [man, when I look back...]. Anyway, on to the rating. If you used another program, sorry for the assumption ^^"
The two pictures are excellent, mainly because I've seen Underworld and Selene is my number one fave from that movie. I like the way her eyes - those are her eyes I take it? - are extra blue, they stand out bigtime. Did you edit that yourself, or was the original image you used already like that?
The avatar is good, but slightly grainy, or blurred, or something I can't put my finger on.
The only 'negative' I'll point out with your banner is that the left border is one pixel off. Notice that the space you give on all sides - between the edge of the pic and the border - is one pixel. The left side has a two pixel space here. I, personally, can sometimes be a perfectionist and always quadruple check my borders. Be careful with this, it can mean looking like a completely different program was used [depending on the actual image].
The avatar: 7/10
The banner: 7.5/10
So I was a little harsh, but that border in the banner would've made me more leniant if it hadn't been off a little.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Satori: Not bad. I like it, because it's not overly complex, and yet it's not too simple. The use of semi-bright colors is useful, but not nessicarily...eye catching, I guess. But my eyes are attracted to bright colors.

[b]Avatar:[/b] 8.0
[b]Banner:[/b] 7.5.[/color][/size]

Nice combo Arizen. It reminds me of tie-die meets worn denim meets old parchment :p
The only real problem I have with the sig is that it's the exact same pictureas your Icon, granted it's in widescreen :P

That and It feels a little boxy.:( Maybe if it was longer It'd feel more like a border. I wish they'd let us break up this 500x100 into maybe a 400x100 and a 100x100 or something to go side by side. :( The blue in the text is somewhat isolated, and the text in the icon is definately easier to read.

7.75/10 overall.

I have to say, I quite like the banner you have there. I'm not a fan of System of a Down, at all, but I like its overall simplicity. It's nice and easy on the eye, no glaring colours, and the image seems to be clean and in just the right position. My only issue with it is the text - it's a little too close to the edge - but I can understand that with the way (I don't know his name) is holding up his sunglasses.

The avatar... well, you stuck with SOAD, but it's obvious you weren't looking for a matching set. I just find it a little too small. It just feels a little out of place, if you know what I mean, and has a kind of 'shoved in the corner' look compared to everything else. And though this could be classed as nitpicking... it could use a border of some sort. : P

Still, I really am liking that banner.

Overall;

Banner - 8/10

[COLOR=Plum]^.^, it's Ayame from Furuba a.k.a [B]Fruits Basket[/B]. I love him, all because he's just too funny. So that's a plus, but overall I do think both avatar and banner (Signature) could be better, it's not bad though. The font doesn't go with it in my opinion, but eh. Overall I'll give it a [B]6/10[/B].[/COLOR]

Well, I made a new banner, and I thought I'd shamlessly work my way into this thread for some feeback. Simplicity, what makes me enjoy your banner the most is how it overridingly reeks of a cute humor with just the perfect bit of vinegar bite. Your text matches your banner/avatar color, which adds a new dimension to your overall posting style. I really like the simplicity... it certainly lives up to your username!

9/10

[COLOR=#790A43]I *heart* the colors! They're so bright and vivid and... and 100% saturated! Very tropical. Good job rendering the transparent pixels; got one clean grungy border right there. The girl's a bit blurry, though, and the extraction's still got room for improvement.

[b]8/10[/b]
(+1 for the great avi!)[/COLOR]