OtakuBoards

Rate the Sig Above You

Shi no Tenshi

[COLOR=Plum]Yes, I have always wanted to comment on Raya's set for a while now. Darling raya you never fail to impress me with your beautiful graphics and wonderful creativity. Your banner is wonderfully done and flawless in its colors and brushe(s). Your avatar is adorable and makes me want to say, "[I]Awwww how cute[/I]" yet gives me that solemn feeling as well as a bit of sadness that's she's all alone in the field. You are simply the best I've seen in OB. I give you an overall perfect 10 out of 10.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Plum][B]-It's Happy Bunny[/B][/COLOR]

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to note that we expect constructive criticism here like anywhere else. [i]Especially [/i]here, in fact, because otherwise it throws off the order if that spam post is deleted and everything gets confusing. lol

So yeah, if you post comments that aren't very in depth nor help the artist, then they will be deleted. If you do respond to constructive criticism, please continue to discuss the points rather than saying "thanks a lot!" or your post will be deleted. If you see a response to constructive criticism, [b]DON'T CRITIQUE THAT PERSON'S SIGNATURE[/b]; go to the last person who commented on someone else's banner set.

Thanks, and please skip over this post.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]Simplicity[/B], I like the subject of your signature. It's Happy Bunny! *squeal* It toook me a minute or two to watch both of them. I really like the attempt at an animated set. (I don't really know what you call it.)

However, I don't know if it's my eyes, but it seems that the "Special, No?" holds for a tad bit longer than the "Directions" Which makes the directions hard to read at a glance. But it's nothing to fret over. I also think that the "Special, No?" could've been moved over to the right a little more.

All of the Happy Bunnies look fine and the backgrounds look great for so little color. Overall, I give it a 9/10.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]~Sinistra~[/B]

Well, I have to say good job! I love this set!

Banner - Not much to say about this one, other than it's awesome. I think the way the boarder is only like a shade is really unique. The picture is perfectly placed, and the text doesn't take too much away from the banner as a whole. The banner is a little small, but it fits the theme, I think. 10/10

Avi - Not much to say about this, either. I really like the position of the pic, but the text in the background makes it look a little busy. Again, love the boarder. 9/10

Banner/Avi set - All together, it's really a great set, so the final score is:

9.5/10

[SIZE=1]I love the color [u]blue[/u] so thats a plus with me, I can tell you like Yukikaze which must be an anime or video game I'm assuming. I love the image, it's bright, and stands out and the size is just right. However, it doesn't hold any details from what I can see, which is the only big drawback from it. It needs more personalization as well. I'd give it a [b]4/10[/b]. [/SIZE]

[color=#333333]How does what program the maker used change the score?

Although a dancing teddy bear is very comical but art-wise it's lacking.

You could always have put a nice border around it (maybe 1 pixel wide black and inside that a 1 pixel wide white border), centering it would help, and make it bigger (if possible).

Your signature has nothing else in it. Which can be fine but it's very... blank. Overall I give you 3/10.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Paper Mario, yes? And if that's wrong, don't brick me, I don't play Nintendo. ;_;

I like the set, because it's Mario, and Mario is cool. Also, it represents your part in OB: Survivor without your signature being a big advert for the RP. The colours don't detract from your stock, which I think it always a good thing. The double-line border is a nice touch, too, which finishes off the set well.

Also, I love your little number ideas down the bottom, which is why I stole it and put crosses in mine. Muaha.

Overall, I give you 9/10. It would be ten out of ten if your banner had a sexy man in it. Shame for you that it doesn't ;_;

*smokebomb*[/SIZE]

[color=#333333]Mario [i]is[/i] sexy! Alright, alright, he isn't. But now I'll rate your signature.

I love it, Jamie. It's [strike]p[/strike]Perfect with a capital P. I like how the head kind of sticks out of the banner. The background is very appealing to the eyes and it must've been hard to do (not only that, but it matches the character). I also like the squares and the writing. Not a huge fan of pixel fonts but it works nicely with your signature.

The boxes also match colour wise and the X's are the icing on the cake. Well done, my copycat friend. 9/10 The only problem I have is that I can't even tell that the X's are links. I thought they were just kisses/hugs.

[SIZE=1][b]EDIT:[/b] *throws Kunai at smoke* Don't start this again[/SIZE].[/COLOR]

White, seeing as Ezekiel has already rated your sig, I guess I'm number two!

I do agree with all of Ezekiel's points...nothing changed there. And, as always, I love your work...now, on to my assement!

The positioning of Mario is near perfection, and the fact that the hammer is in the center of the banner is different. I, too, like the double boarder. The background, although simple, fits perfectly...Paper mario...lined paper...nice pun. Kudos!

The rest of the banner is quite the interesting idea, methinks. Each number being a link...good idea. Not that I'm going to copy it ...*looks accusingly at Exekiel*... And the matching avi, rounds off this perfect set!

I'll give you a 9.999999999999999/10...just because I can... ~.^

-Ex

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange]Ecstasy - The image is nice, although the chest hair kinda squicks me out. >>;

I like the black&grey contrast, and the picture is clear, and I rather like the fact that it's sidewise - more image included, instead of just having his head and shoulders...

I'm not too fond of the fact that the avi doesn't match...<<

But the banner is nice. The only way I think it could really be better is the border - mabe add a one pixel black border to break up the grey?

I give you eight out of ten. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]You always make the coolest banner and avi sets, Nomad. :D

Anyways, I give your set a 8/10. I really like the banner with the kid and chains wrapped around his mouth, but the pic looks kinda pixilated and the white and black swirls don't really match with the brownish-yellowish colored theme it goes with it. But, hey, I still like it. n.n

And, for some apparent reason, I really like your avatar. I don't know why because it's kind of plain, but the robot T.V. head is kinda cool to me. n.n

Anyways, like the set all in all, but I think you could've worked on it a little bit more.

n.n;[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]Well, Tical, I have to hand it to your avatar. The monochrome really works out well. I think my only problem with it would be the quality, but it's not too noticable. Your banner, on the other hand, is very grainy and poor in quality .While the cropping is done well enough, it's not enough to make up for the low picture quality. I'd recommend finding another version of that image, as well as making your avatar and banner match in color.

You get a 6.5/10 -- sorry if it sounds harsh.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Alex, your avatar makes my head hurt. ._. But I like it, none the less. I really need to start messing with animations...

I really like your signature, simply because I've always liked it when you joined words together on your graphics. I think that it puts a message across really well when all the words are put together. Makes it seem mroe powerful, somehow.

A 7/10 for you, sir. I miss your old banners.[/SIZE]

Ezikiel, I must say that I like the dark, dank coloring used in your avatar. to be honest, the contrast of the pale-skinned face to the deep red background is done really well in my oppnion. however, it is a tad hard to distinguish what is actually inside tha avatar I think, or it may just be that I need to change my contacts. Numerical rating 8.3/10.

Lord Dante, I definitely like the content of your sig ^^ I like how the text fades out at the top and the colors, while a little dark, fit well together. The left side seems a little pasted on, and it seems a bit tedious to have the same figure in the sig twice. Overall though, it looks very nice. 8/10

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]Well, Tical, I have to hand it to your avatar. The monochrome really works out well. I think my only problem with it would be the quality, but it's not too noticable. Your banner, on the other hand, is very grainy and poor in quality .While the cropping is done well enough, it's not enough to make up for the low picture quality. I'd recommend finding another version of that image, as well as making your avatar and banner match in color.

You get a 6.5/10 -- sorry if it sounds harsh.[/size][/QUOTE]

...cropping? All I did was take the picture and put a border around it. That's how the origional pic looks. It's a Green Day CD cover.

As for kitsune hime, great avatar and banner set. I love the picture, and the girl is really cute. The banner doesn't have a border, which isn't so bad, just slightly irritating. Also, the text isn't all that noticable.

7/10

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][b]jigglyness[/b]

I like. The only problems I see are two:

First, the Fire Fox thingy...is that part of the banner? It's a little distracting fromt the rest of the image.

Second, and a minor one, is that on this computer I don't see a boarder. I'm adament about having boarders on both avis and banners.

Anyways, I'll give you a 7/10.

~.^

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]