OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2005 (Nominations Thread)

Shy

[color=darkviolet][font=lucida calligraphy]Whew thinking process here. I wasn't on much this past year.

[b]Brasil[/b]- I know we haven't gotten along very well in the past. But things are slowly getting better. I'm glad that we can have civil conversations about topics now. That makes him really nifty.

[b]Everyone who replied to my divorce thread[/b]- Thanks a lot you're all nifty

[b]Morpheus[/b]Anti desperate housewife guy. With random thoughts.

[b]Dagger[/b] The name says it all. And if you ever want to try that RPG again let me know.

[b]Desperate Housewive's fanclub[/b] Shameless plug. But I think it's a nice idea.

I can't think of any more right now since like I said I haven't been here too much this past year.[/color][/font]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][u]DeadSeraphim[/u]: He's great. He's wonderful. He's handsome and intelligent and [b]dammit[/b] what I wouldn't do to shake his hand. He's an inspiration to me, and I don't go a day without thinking, "What would DeadSeraphim do?" Then I do it. Why? Because me and DeadSeraphim... we're close. We're bonded by blood we're.... [i]family[/i]. Attractive, charismatic, narcissistic family.

[u]Hevn[/u]: You thought DeadSeraphim was teh new h0tness? No. No that would be a [i]damn lie[/i]. Because Hevn is. Beautiful, smart and loving beyond measure, she makes me swoon. [b]Swoon[/b]. I love Hevn. And I, for realz, IRL and 3v3rything (let's see you beat that the rest of you) proposed to her - and she said. [i]yes[/i]. It's true. Alas, it's so true.

I'm sorry ladies, I'm officially [i]off the market[/i]. Find a new object of your affections, or pine in grief-stricken misery - I don't mind which, but stop sending me the love letters and flowers. Please, I beg of you - it's just embarassing now.

[u]Brasil and Drix[/u]: Two men... heterosexual... manly... hairy chested and probably well endowed ([i]not that I'd know[/i])... expressing their unrequited love for each other without fear or prejudice. It's... it's.... it's so beautiful. *wipes a tear* I wish you two the best in your [u]strictly heterosexual[/u] pursuits.

[u]Generic NPC #3[/u]: If you don't like Tony, you know what? [i]You don't deserve to breathe[/i], He's better than you. He's better than [b]all[/b] of you. All of [b]us[/b]. No, no, that's wrong... all of you. [b]YOU[/b]. Me and Hevn? Above even him. [i]Yeah[/i]. But seriously, he's the most interesting person I talk to bar Hevn, and he sends me lots of music, so this entry is obligatory or something. Consider yourself obliged, Generic. [i]Obliged[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma][B]Literati[/B] - The game that not only provided an abundance of entertainment, sparked lethal aggravation, sent people to the hospital for adrenaline OD (anyone remember round 1 of the Sara vs Solo game?) and innuendous amusement beyond salvation, but could also get you [I]banned [/I]from OB.

[B]Shy, James, Adam, Dagger and Panda[/B] - [I][B]The [/B][/I]Tag Team of all Tag Teams. They (along with the rest of a magnificant staff) are all a strong part of the backbone of our Otaku Community, giving it their all to give us the best of the best. And for that I wish to pay my respects/gratitude.

[B]Art Pad Picture Chain[/B] - Lady A is a woman with ideas alongside her brilliant story telling/RP-ing. This thread was inspirational and fun, for both talented and inept doodlers.

[B]SYF[/B] - Liam's brainchild has spawned RPG's which grow in stregth and brilliancy for each installment. In addition to being a great RPG it's also a tremendously well crafted story, one that could easily stand on its own in book form. It also has potention to be expanded as well as evolving into further RPG's. Speaking of evolving, [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51091][U]Peace Hangs Them[/U][/URL] is a great example and it's still open for sign-ups/ shameless fan-girl plug :p

[B]Wikipeda[/B] - Can be used as both a covered insult on top of being informative. It's the equivalent to OB's [B]Search [/B]function =)

[B]Annie [/B] - She's the best slave a Master can have >:3F

[B]Shinmaru [/B]- He started the Literati Tournament (which sadly enough never wrapped up), does a great job at modding Play It, has the everlasting attachment devotion of Des's boot and is a Champion of mastering the art of self deprication. He also goes to college.

[B]Corey [/B] - for best quote ever in the O Lounge's "Are you a vegeterian" thread: [quote name='Corey][SIZE=1']May I remind you that vegetables are showered in ****, ripped from their homes, wrapped in plastic or shoved in boxes, taken hundreds of miles away, put on display, fondeled by dozens of people, bought, and eventually cut up and digested. I'd call that tourturous and dirty any day of the week.[/SIZE][/quote]
[B]Solo Tremaine [/B]- For being sexier than Dragon Warrior. Not many can pull that off.

[B]The Nexus[/B] - Because it's as unspoiled and pristine as my innocence. [/FONT]

[color=33333][font=trebuchet ms][b]bellpickle[/b], for great articles and for SOAP, but most of all for making the Anime Lounge worth visiting. A beacon of intelligence in a sea of incoherence and bad spelling. She is my lighthouse.

I nominate [b][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51788]the starter of this thread[/url][/b] not only for use of the phrase "aperture money where your mouth is," but for posting such a wonderful and ridiculous conversation where other people might innocently stumble across it.

I furthermore nominate [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51780][b]Incomming!!![/b] and all its participants.[/url] The detail, humor, satire, and sponteneity was marvelous and refreshing. When was the last time you saw an Introduction thread that sparked an immediate RPG? Especially one so cleanly executed as this? Never, that's when. (And by "never," I mean "not for several years, at least.")[/font][/color]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Brasil[/B]
Why? Cause anyone who knows all 20,000+ members well enough to be able to determine that most of us are [I]mediocre[/I] must have an impressive memory. I know I couldn?t keep all the details of each member clear enough to be able to determine that the majority of them are mediocre. :animestun

[B]SunfallE[/B]
Why? Well being one of the members who joined in 2005 I contributed to the base of mediocre members here at OB! Was I boring? Don?t know. My job kept me away from home most of last year and therefore the Internet as well so I wasn?t on enough to find out. But to be able to contribute to the base of mediocre members here, well surely that?s nifty! :p

[B]Seasonal Banner Changes[/B]
Why? Not only was it great fun on Halloween, but also the Christmas banner Contest produced some amazing banners made by the talented members here. I certainly hope the banner changes become a regular thing.

[B]OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On![/B]
Why? Even though I never tried out for the thread, it?s been great fun to read. All the members have done such a great job with their posting and Sandy?s done such an awesome job of keeping it interesting.

[B]The OB Staff[/B]
Why? Because they do such an awesome job, their hard work makes OB one of the best run boards I have ever seen on the Internet. I certainly couldn?t imagine this place without them. Awesome job!
[B]
ChibiHorsewoman[/B]
Why? You can always count on her to spice things up with the wacky and fun threads she starts. Why is that nifty? She must have started over 80 threads last year alone!

[B]The members of OB[/B]
Why? Because all of you are certainly the most amazing people I?ve ever met at an online forum and where would OB be with out all of you? [/COLOR]

[size=1][b]The Outstanding Member Base[/b]: Just because everyone who complains about the mediocrity ought to try harder to help improve it, instead of being content with contempt.

[b]The Overlords[/b]: Truly these nigh-supernatural beings must be elevated to a state of extreme power and prestige. Vote t3h mods for NF06.

[b]Baron Samedi[/b]: Because I have yet to be nominated, and to be frank, I have brought much to OB. Whether it be the fact that an official smiley was created in my honour [:bdance:], or that I am the only one ballsy enough to marry myself [and therebye create the [i]best[/i] OB 'couple' going], I am truly a testament to the wonders of the human gene pool. You all can't thank me enough for being here.

[quote name='Tony][b]People Who Feel Some Need to Insult and Be Negative In a Thread About the Nifty Things On OB, While Simultaneoulsly Not Realizing That a Lot of the Board Probably Does Not Like Them Back Because of That Very Reason and Forgetting That If They Hate This Place So Much They Can Easily Stop Visiting It Because It's Just a Simple Website on the Internet That Is Not Meant to Be Used to Make Up for Whatever They Get All Their Unhappiness From in Their Every Day Life While They Continue to Add to What Has Become "The Cliche of Hating OB"[/b']: Self-explanatory.[/quote]Quoted for truth.[/size]

[color=crimson] Here are your nominees for Otaku Nifty Fifty '06, bought to you by yours truly, Shinji II.

[b] Baron Samedi[/b]

Baron is a nifty member because of his Aussieness, and his ability to be tounge-in-cheek about Kiwi's in just about any situation where such interaction is warranted or provoked. Plus, you just can't let the member that was the inspiration for the :bdance: go wihtout getting a nomination that wasn't his own!

[b] Brasil[/b]

Brasil calls a spade a spade, and is uafraid to give his true thoughts on anything, He is also nifty for his ability to bring satire and a sharp sense of humor writing in to these forums when the situations calls for it. Brasil is often a great debator, and while I do differ on some opinions he holds, It's always a treat to read them, and they get you thinking.

[b] James[/b]

Because last year it was like, so in to vote him. Nah.
James is nifty for his tireless dedication to this site and his devotion to consistently evolving the site into more advanced iterations. James is an asset to this community, and that's what makes him nfity.

[b]ChibiHorseWoman's [font=chiller let] craazy[/font] fonts![/b]
I'd like to nominate Chibi's crazy fonts because they are a very nifty way of structuring one's post differently. I understand that many of you might not have the fonts she used on your computer, so you may not see what I see, but Chibi's crazy fonts have added a admirable mark of individuality to her posts and signatures. I didn't know you could use any font in the vb tags. Learn somethign new every nifty year!

[b]Creation/Evolution threads[/b]
They are nifty because they get a good ole debate flowing, and wihle there are soem unsavoury aspects that can more-than-often develop in these threads, it's still all good to sait down and debate various philosophies in a forum atmosphere. Plus, I like to read up on differing opinons that may strengthen my faith or get me thinking on the matter, the ability to have ones faith tested in indeed a good one that makes us strong.

[/color]

[B]Solo Tremaine[/B]: When I first came to these boards, very nearly a year ago, Solo was the 'team leader' or something of the Otaku lounge. To date, he was the first ever moderator I ever came across on any board to actually give a damn about the queries of new members. I was concerend that my post quality was not up to scratch with the overall quality of the boards, and instead of getting a reply full of abuse (which, to be frank, I have recieved in spades on other forums for asking questions such as that) I recieved one with a few pointers, and the message that "it's nice to see new members taking an interest in post quality". I was able to learn from him. And this, O nominee council, is why I, Lord Dante, beleive that Solo Tremaine must be made part of the OB nifty FIfty.

[B]Dagger[/B]: How it is possible for dagger not to automatically be part of the Nifty Fifty is something that mortals like me will never understand. From what I have seen there is no better person to haveas a moderator, especially on a board such as this. DAgger always seems fair and nobble minded; even when shutting down threads for being completely off-topic or ecxessively "l337ish"(for want of a better term). And this, O nominee council, is why I, Lord Dante, beleive that Dagger must be made part of the OB nifty FIfty.

[B]The OB staff[/B]: Quite literally the fairest, most freindly and most competent forum staff team I have ever come across. I don't think anythnig more needs to be said on this, to be perfectly honest.

[B]The anime picture caption game[/B]: This is one of those rare threads that tempts me into trying to make myself be funny. NEvertheless I fail miserably, but I must say that it is an enormous laugh to take part in, and an enormous laugh to read the other entries. And this, O nominee council, is why I, Lord Dante, beleive that The anime picture caption game must be made part of the OB nifty FIfty.

Question: Can I nominate more people/things at a later date If I realise that I have omitted anything?

[color=navy][b]Bombu:[/b] Because there's something wrong with the world when you don't nominate the guy whose past usernames have been [b]BlueYoshi[/b] and [b]Wingnut Ninja[/b]. Not to mention, he's just plain awesome.

[b]DeathKnight:[/b] He's the [i]Almighty Lord of Fire[/i] and that's that. He deserves all the recognition he can get. [size=1](And he lets me loiter in his lap. That's a bonus.)[/size][/color]

[size=1][b]Dagger.[/b] Because she works hard all over the Otaku network and she is not only incredibly intelligent and extremely easy to talk to, but she's also just a cool person overall. And she knows more about anime and the like than I ever will in my entire life. Rock on.

[b]Shy and Community Events.[/b] Because of Shy's dedication and hard work and amazing good looks the Community Events forum has been more active than I have ever seen it previously. It's really awesome to see how that area has grown over time (even the short time I've been around), and it's exciting to think of what could happen next. ^_^

[b]The Art Studio and Everybody Involved.[/b] Because creativity rocks and though it's just one of the many places it flourishes on the board, I always enjoy stopping in and seeing all the crazy things that people think up in there. Especially since graphic arts really just isn't my forté.

[b]Desbresko.[/b] Because he kicks a lot of nad while wearing a snazzy tuxedo on his amazing foot. And also because he's [i]always[/i] been such a huge part of the boards and the history here, and he's still doing all kinds of cool things.

[b]Random Holidays on the Calender.[/b] Everyone should seriously use the event reminder way more than they do. You know you want to dedicate a day to something random. It's always so much fun, too, to look down there and remember that it's National Pirate Day or something. Y'arr, mateys.

Ummmmmm. That's all I got for now. I may edit at a later date, but one that is not later than Jan 31. Si.[/size]

[quote name='Corey][size=1][list]?[b]wrist cutter[/b]- I'd like to nominate wrist cutter because he's been one of the most genuine people these boards have seen in a long time. And it's dissapointing he no longer frequents this site.[/list'][/size][/quote]

[color=green]I second that.[/color]

[color=#4B0082][indent][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=47552][color=#000000][b]Quantum Kabuki Troupe[/b][/color][/url][/indent]
The QKT, OB's official Guild Wars guild, is one of the best Otaku-related things to happen to me in a long time. Even better than -- dare I say it? -- becoming a Site Administrator here. Guild Wars is an awesome game that I've spent over 1,000 hours playing, and being in a guild with a bunch of friends from OtakuBoards here has made it even better. For me, there's just nothing else like gaming with friends.

[indent][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11][color=#000000][b]Hardwired[/b][/color][/url][/indent]
Ah, my own little empire -- er, corner -- of OB. The gaming forums have always been the main reason I've visited OB, they were where I first began moderating, and I'll always call them home. They've been a haven for me, amidst the madness that are the Anime Lounge and Otaku Lounge forums. They have their fair share of ignorant fanboys/girls, true enough, but it's still hard to find a place where it's even possible to have an intelligent discussion about gaming.

[indent][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=101][color=#000000][b]What would Charles do?[/b][/color][/url][/indent]
I find myself asking this question more and more lately. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but either way, it usually ends up as something amusing. I put the :[i][/i]bdance: smiley on OB, for example, after asking myself this. Maybe he's not a perfect role model (he's still pretty damn good), but he is a lot of fun. So here's a shout out to the former administrator who knows how to have a good time.

[indent][color=#000000][b]Admin Control Panel[/b][/color][/indent]
Anymore, I wonder how I ever did without it. There are just so many wonderful things to use and abuse. Such beautiful shades of blue. . . .

[indent][color=#000000][b]People who misspell my screen name[/b][/color][/indent]
You know, all those people who spell it "Debresko," or something of the like. Yeah, I just wanted to point out the fact that none of them can read and retype worth a damn. Who loves ya, baby?[/color]

[center][B]The Anime Smilies[/B][/center]

I know tha many people hate them, but I use them so often it's almost a cruth. This is the only site where I can sigh :animesigh and sweatdrop :animeswea and, though less used, :animedepr

[center][B]Desbreko[/B][/center]

I wasn't going to nominate him at first because I wasn't sure what he'd done this past year (hey, I was gone for like 6 months) but then I saw he was a site admin now, so I use that as an excuse. The real reason for this nomination, though, is because back when I first joined I thought he was some golden god of gaming and the uber Zelda knowledge guy and I was like "ooo shiny triforce banner" so I thought he was cool. I was so disappointed when he changed that banner...

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know if I'll be able to fill in all ten, as my memory is fairly poor at the moment, but I'll give it a go. :catgirl:

[b]Adam/Justin:[/b] For me, putting these guys here is just a no-brainer. They really deserve a lot more recgonition than they often get. I really have to commend Adam for making Art of Otaku such a success and I have to give a shout to Justin for his constant assistance with the technical bits. I'm really looking forward to working with both of them on future sites.

[b]Dagger/Desbreko:[/b] I've put both Dagger and 'breko together simply because they form a great Administrator team. These two have really lightened the load for me and have allowed me to focus on other things - Dagger has not only done a great job as Admin, but she's been running her own successful graphics tournament, which has really been a big boost to the Art Studio forum. And Desbreko is simply a dedicated and tireless Administrator...he answers questions, he is always prepared to do more to help out and he is very trustworthy and responsible. I'm very proud to have these two taking care of OtakuBoards when I'm not around.

[b]Aaryanna/SunfallE/CosmicSailor and other myOtaku commenters:[/b] This last year has really seen so many changes...and in particular, a few new regular visitors have been coming to my page at myOtaku. It wouldn't be right for me to make listings here without giving a shout to these guys - not only are their comments always very in-depth and insightful, but I've received so much support from them that I feel very grateful. All the wonderful cards and kind words have been a big help to me, as life has been changing so much recently.

[b]Charlie:[/b] It kind of saddens me that I don't see as much of him anymore. Not only are his comments on myOtaku always great, but I've always loved his attitude about life and his sense of humor. Charlie's one of those people who makes the Internet more fun and worthwhile. I figure it's about time I give him some real recognition. ;)

[b]Annie:[/b] Not only is Annie incredibly cool, but she's one of the people who I feel I've gotten fairly close to over the last year. We've had so many conversations about everything in our lives that I don't think I could ever forget her. More importantly, she's yet another person who makes the Internet a pleasant place for me. It wouldn't be the same without her. The fact that she also sent me the coolest t-shirt in existence is also incredibly cool...that has fast become my favourite item of clothing and so that's something tangible that I'll always remember.

[b]Shy:[/b] Despite his busy schedule, Shy has continued to create new events on OtakuBoards. When I asked for more regular events, he gave them to me! And I'm very happy about that, especially given the tremendous scale of threads like The Legionnaires. I love Shy's creative writing and I think he's one of the most creative minds we have here at OtakuBoards. I really look forward to seeing where he takes our events in the future.

[b]Play It:[/b] It's a small forum, especially as far as gaming forums go...but it's pure gold. As people have mentioned, we do get our odd crazy threads and such, but in general I find the place to be a great read. It makes me happy that we can incoporate serious gaming discussions into what is really a pretty crazy web site.

[b]SYF:[/b] I never participated in these RPGs (mostly because I felt a little intimidated by their size/scope/writing talent), but I've always felt that they were probably the most underrated RPG series in this site's history. The "bigger" or more famous RPGs definitely deserve their recognition, but I think that SYF is a truly great piece of work and I am always honored when writing like that graces OtakuBoards.

[b]Newbies:[/b] There's sometimes a stigma related to newbies, but most of the people who were classified as "newbies" over the last year have turned out to be incredibly valuable members. I think what surprised me most about 2005 was that, for once, we had more incredibly good new members arriving than members who "needed work". We used to be able to expect a small minority of new members to be truly amazing, but that's a trend that has really reversed this year.

[b]The Future:[/b] Okay, so this isn't something that necessarily fits into the guidelines as such...but I think the past year is a good indication of where we are going. And because early work has already begun on future iterations of this site and others, I can safely say that the best is yet to come. Even this latest OtakuBoards is really just scratching the surface of where we can go and what we can become. I am very eager to continue pushing OtakuBoards in new directions. v7 is definitely more a great beginning than a great end.[/font]

[FONT=Arial]I didn't think I'd participate in this, because I'm not very social and I don't seem to have attracted any people as friends. However, I thought of a few things that needed nominating (whether they've all ready been nominated or not) and decided to nominate them (maybe again).

[b]Retribution[/b]
He seems like a very caring, deep person, who is willing to stand up for moral rights (look at his current avatar and signature). On top of that, he's pretty good at Photoshop. =)

[b]Nomad Tical[/b]
He's trying very hard to comment and critique every poem or story that is posted in the OB Anthology, which I respect. It's not easy, at least for me, to speak one's mind about a poem or whatever that a stranger has written - if it's not that great, and you think so, then you run the risk of hurting someones feelings (depending on how well they take criticism). It's also very nice to know that my thread has a pretty good chance of not dying as long as Nomad continues to comment on my poems. And on that note...

[b]OB Anthology[/b]
I've received some very self-esteem boosting comments on things I've written and posted there, even though I might've thought that whatever I wrote was crap. It's also amazing to read all the other poems and stories that are posted there, and aspire to gain a cult following like some of the creative pieces. It's almost like internet TV.

[b]OtakuBoards in General[/b]
I might've spent close to twelve hours here in the past two days, if not more. Enough said. But regardless, I'll continue: most of the members here are very intelligent and opinionated. Some aren't very nice, but that doesn't mean I want to be their enemy (it probably really means I want to be as far from their enemy as possible). A lot of the threads can really inspire me, or at least wake up my thought train from whatever bridge it stopped on.

[b]The Mods and Admin[/b]
If not for the hard work they do to keep the OB an intelligent, legible place, then because I'd feel very guilty that I didn't nominate them (ever'ones doing it, lawlz).
[COLOR=Green]
[b][URL=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=706482&postcount=6]This[/color][/URL] Friendly Mockery by Drix D'Zanth[/b]
I just found it hilarious, if for no other reason. XD.
[COLOR=Green]
[b][URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51462]O RLY?[/URL][/b][/COLOR]
Again, simply because it supplied me with some laughs.

[b]The Dance Dance Revolution thread[/b]
Anything that inspires me to get off my butt and exercise in the best way there is, is definitely nifty.

[b]Who's Online[/b]
I just recently discovered it (haha, I'm dense or something) and the only way to describe it is "nifty." Or "neato," but this isn't the Neato Fifty. It doesn't rhyme. It makes me go "OMGZZZZZ!!!!111 someone is looking at my thread. Yay."
[/FONT]

[COLOR=#790A43]Chalk another one up for THE [b]wrist cutter[/b]. THE wrist cutter never fails to amuse/entertain/educate this fangirl whenever THE wrist cutter makes another of them distinctive posts in this side of the network. And THE wrist cutter has a fanclub too. Truly Nifty.

*will edit this post if I find anything niftier...probably *[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

[CENTER]|[B]The Legionnaires[/B]|[/CENTER]

What can I say, many have tried to pull off RPGs the magnitude of Legionnaires, myself included, and have the whole thing backfire on them and die rather ignoble deaths. Josh's precision and clarity in not only creating this series, but also handpicking the members and teams involved has been nothing short of amazing. Having been involved right from the start with so many excellent writers, many of whom I've not had the pleasure of working with before or in a very long time it really is just an honour to be able to partake in this.

[CENTER]|[B]Shy[/B]|[/CENTER]

Come on, you can't nominate Legionnaires and then not nominate the man behind the whole thing, I've already said how impressed I was at his ability in creating and managing Legionnaires, but having become more acquainted with Josh over the course of my time in Gold Team and then as leader of Red Team, I cannot fully express my admiration for him. Often our AIM conversations are little more than just brainstorming ideas for Legionnaires, RPGs, stories or other projects I may be working on, I'll pitch an idea to Josh and within five minutes of just tossing it back and forth, we'll have devised stuff I could create on my best days. I just honestly can't thank him enough for the help he's been.

[CENTER]|[B]The Square[/B]|[/CENTER]

When I started off on OtakuBoards some four and a bit years ago, I frequented many forums trying to find somewhere I would fit in and feel at home. Eventually I found the Arena, or the Square as it was later renamed and found my niche, I have had the honour of meeting some incredible writers there in and enjoying some fantastic times role-playing with them and this is just my Nifty to salute the place that brought us all together, and kept us all together.

[CENTER]|[B]Ezekiel[/B]|[/CENTER]

I honestly can?t believe I?ve only known Jamie a few months, because I feel like I?ve known her forever. Jamie is an unbelievably genuine person, kind, funny, and just wonderful, she really is a person who would brighten your day for having known her. Her writing skills are something the best should aspire to, and just knowing that I may have helped her gain the confidence to become as good as she is, is all the thanks I could ever need. Jamie is also one of the first female Star Wars fans I had ever met, and just for that she deserves a Nifty, for proving that they do actually exist.

[CENTER]|[B]Athena[/B]|[/CENTER]

Her newest username is the perfect one for my dear sister, as undoubtedly Annie is one of the wisest people I have ever had the pleasure of calling my friend. While it has been far too long since we?ve had the pleasure of sharing each other?s company in an RPG, I know from personal experience that Annie is one of the most talented role-players to ever set foot in the Arena and I am a better writer for having known her. Whether it be just chilling and chatting on AIM or brainstorming on ideas for new Square RPGs, sweet-pea has really been the best big sister I could ever hope to have.

[CENTER]|[B]Jokopoko[/B]|[/CENTER]

My first student and arguably my finest, I would be a poor master not to give my apprentice his due credit. In the years I have known Bill I have been introduced to many other people with whom I have become friends, and in helping him to create Star Trek RPGs I have become a far more accomplished sci-fi writer, and a person with a greater appreciation for sci-fi. I can say no more to Bill than he has been one of the greatest friends I have ever known, and that I look forward to more adventures with him in times to come.

[CENTER]|[B]Ozymandius Jones[/B]|[/CENTER]

An Oldie who?s been around as long as I have has seen more than a few Moderators pass through the Square, from the original dynamic due of Flash and Warlock, to Shy, to The Harlequin, to Arcadia and Terra, and now finally the mantel has fallen to Sarah. I?ve always had great respect for the Arena?s moderators, and Sarah is no different, so you can only imagine how utterly gob-smacked I was when I saw a sign up from her in one of my previous Star Wars RPGs. She like Jamie proves that there are indeed female Star Wars fans out there, and just as Alex may be the wisecracking yet good hearted Han Solo, Sarah is the fiercely determined Princess Leia, with perhaps myself as the aged Obi-Wan. My rambling aside, I really am grateful to have made such a great new acquaintance.

[CENTER]|[B]Alex[/B]|[/CENTER]

Some people have a problem with Alex, these people are those who simply don?t understand the mind of a genius. I can safely say that knowing Alex has given my sharper insight into politics and everyday life, and his debating skills were part of the reason the Star Wars 411 was so abuzz with activity a few months ago. Regardless of the topic, Alex has the ability to cut through the shite and pleasantries and seek out the crux of the matter, and from there he gives a thorough and genuine assessment of the facts. Having debated both with him and against him and I can say without fear of contradiction that he is one of the most cunning people you are ever likely to come across, Edmund Blackadder himself would have to tip his hat to Alex.

[CENTER]|[B]My Friends[/B]|[/CENTER]

You all know who you are, you all know how important you friendship is to me, whether we have been friends for only a short period of time like, or comrades since V3 , or even my beloved wife of nearly two years I want you all to know how much it means to me that I?ve been able to make so many friends when in real life I have so few I could count as good as you.

[CENTER]|[B]Gavin[/B]|[/CENTER]

Before DW steeples his fingers together and pats himself on the back for another earned vote, I?m going to point out that this is actually a vote from me to me for the sake of I?ve one last Nifty and this is the best way I could think to use it. If someone were to ask me why I think I deserve a Nifty, I would reply that I am a kind hearted person who has always tried to make people feel as welcome as I can, I create RPGs not for the sake of becoming better known or more respected but simply to have fun with my friends in the way I know how. Whether or not I have been successful in these endeavours only you can say, but I have tried and will continue to try and be the best member I possibly can. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1][CENTER]|[B]Gavin[/B]|[/CENTER]

Before DW steeples his fingers together and pats himself on the back for another earned vote... [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

What am I, sittin' in a chair laughing deviously at every vote I get?

Umm... I never got to vote last year, so I will this year for definitely. Here goes...

[b]White:[/b] One of my better pals this year. You know there are people who don't always get as much recognition on OB if they aren't as popular as others. White has been here a long time, though, and has been known by many names. I have known him through all of them, but we have shared good times whether it's the wild west or plundering treasure as pirates. Good times, White. Good times.

[b]The Gavins:[/b] I was thinking about this one for a while if I should even do it. Hah, it seems selfish, but I only know of one other Gavin on OB and he obviously goes under the screen name of Gavin. We're like brothers, Gavin and I, for the reason that we are both Gavin. He is the only other Gavin I know in my life (not counting Gavin McGraw, but he counts not) and to me, that means somethin' :)

[b]OB Stories:[/b] The stories made on OB have grown accustomed to using members from the very forum in their stories. I know I have done this for a long time, but others have too, so I'm not just saying this is about me. We have tales from Solo Tremaine's [u]OtakuBoards: Enter The Net[/u] to Athena's [u]Bikini Bandits[/u], which is making its successful return to our Anthology. Even some other members are trying to their hand at this style and seeing what results they get. We even have one member who is successfully making a serious OB tale. Congrats to all our talented authors. It brings a lot of joy to a member when they see they are recognized, even in a story.

[b]The Game Maker Thread:[/b] This group of people is working its way to becoming a larger community. We use programs to make games, we help one another with problems, we play contests (well, not yet, but we will), all in hopes that someday there will be a Game-Making Forum here on OB. But for now, we enjoy our quiet little niche in the "PC/Mac" forum. Game Makers unite!

That's all I can consider as of right now.

[color=darkviolet][font=lucida calligraphy] I have more.

[b]Ziggy Stardust's banner[/b] I watched the stick figures about five times before nominating you! That was funny

[b]Shinji's banner[/b] And not only because he nominated my font. Or because I want to save that dog. I don't even know the dog! I swear it. But the banner is a very interesting threat.

[b]Myself[/b]- This is a lame attempt at humor, I don't know if I can do this. But think of it. If I wasn't here,you'd have to find someone else to be bothered by. Someone even worse than me! Can you immagine?

[b]Drix/ Jordan[/b]- I don't know if I nominated him already. But this guy is the reason for the new Homosexuality thread I posted. It's always interesting to hear what he has to say I sit back and watch him and Alex (Brasil) make everyone elses posts look like spam. Even mine! For that he is definately nifty. He also respects other people's opinions. That makes him EXTRA nifty.

[/color][/font]

[color=#503f86][b]Nomad Tical[/b]
I have a great deal of admiration for him for religiously going through every thread in the OB Anthology and posting his comments on them. It can't be easy to do, but he does it. One comment in one thread might seem like something tiny, but each one of those has been created by someone who wants feedback, and he's kind enough to give it to them. Aside from the OB fanfics which always get a fair deal of activity, or threads created by writers who already have a reputation on the site, very few others have any kind of comment at all, and I think he should be commended for all the posts he makes there.

[b]Custom Titles[/b]
I just love these. I always think mine pales in comparison to everyone else's, but they just add that much more dynamic to your username. Moreso, I think, than even banners and avatars. They're that damn good.

[b]Oldies[/b]
Been here four years or more? You are officially part of OB lore and, as such, immortalised. And it's not just because everyone knows who you are, but your legacy runs through the veins of the very site. DeathKnight, Desbreko, Tony, Adam, James, Dragon Warrior, Shy and Lore to name only a few of the most influential members on the board. They are not Nifty. Nifty is them.

[b]Sakura[/b]
Sakura sort of appeared on the Boards very quietly a few years back, but I'd safely say that she's one of the best roleplayers around- dedicated to everything she takes part in and a good writer to boot. Without her, it's almost not an RPG.

[b]JJ[/b]
From my point of view I think he tends to be overlooked on the Boards, but if you get the chance to talk to him you'll know what a fantastic guy he actually is. I can never think of the right words to do him justice, but I know I'd miss him if he weren't here.

[b]OtakuBoards Survivor: Game On![/b]
I've never had to work so hard at an RPG ever, and I think it's a credit to Sandy that he can organise something so huge without letting it fall. He was away from the 'Boards for over two weeks and still managed to keep it running because of the amounts of ingenuity he's pumped into it. I think more RPGs should be made that really force you to challenge your own writing quality- it makes playing that much more exciting.[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]OtakuBoards: Enter the Net-[/b] The original uber parody that started them all, for the most part, heh. Not only is EtN a well-written account of the changes, fads, catchphrases and lovely people on OtakuBoards, it's just fun to read and leaves you begging for more. Shame it's to end soon. A [i]damn[/i] shame.

[b]Desy-B and Dag-chan-[/b] The names I shall forever know them as, lol.

These two are two of the hardest working people on this forum since James and Shy. They do a lot more than what people think they do (and that's saying something). They deserve all the credit and praise they can get.

[b]Mimminx-[/b] Mimminx is one of the (if not the most so) nicest person I've ever met. She's kind and lovable, and even though she may have a tendency to pilch a few pairs of pants, she's always willing ot make amends over a nice game of Literati (even though she may beat the person by accident, lol).

[b]My fellow Mods-[/b] They all work hard doing what they do, and I appreciate them for that.

[b]James & Adam-[/b] The original heterosexual lifemates. XD

But, in all seriousness, without James and Adam, OB wouldn't be what it is today. Hell, OB would even exist. So kudos to them to providing the place where so many of us have come together to form our little community.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#004a6f][B]The 1st Annual OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament:[/B]
unfortunatley, I only discovered the tournament during the last round, but took time to look through the previous rounds. It's great to have some well organised friendly competition on the boards, a place for the artists to really show off their talent. Pretty nifty!

[B]Gavin:[/B] "Interesting, most interesting."

Need I say more?

Okay, I will anyway. This dude is one of the nicest, most respectful members on the boards. He's understanding a respects other people's opinions and never puts people down. And he's Irish! How nifty can you get?

Way to go Gavin!

[B]The 'How do you pronounce your username?' thread:[/B] I found this thread to more informative than I thought it would be. I've been pronouncing quite a few people's usernames wrong.

[B]ChibiHorseWoman:[/B] For starting so many nifty threads of course!

[B]Panda:[/B] For being a fun, enthusiastic, and all around nice person.

[B]Newbies:[/B][quote name='James][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium']There's sometimes a stigma related to newbies, but most of the people who were classified as "newbies" over the last year have turned out to be incredibly valuable members. I think what surprised me most about 2005 was that, for once, we had more incredibly good new members arriving than members who "needed work". We used to be able to expect a small minority of new members to be truly amazing, but that's a trend that has really reversed this year.[/FONT][/quote]I would have to agree.
:D

[B]Baron Samedi:[/B] For being gutsy enough to nominate himself just for the sake of it, lol.

[B]Desbreko:[/B] For his continuous threats of abusing his position of authority. He's so deliciously evil!

[B]Jokes - You got any you want to share?:[/B] I found this thread rather enjoyable. It's nice to have a good laugh.

[B]Drix D'Zanth:[/B] I just like the way he debates. He maintains a level of respect and argues very intelligently.

That's it for my nominations.

Anyway...

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][B]Random Questions[/B]
Who originally started this thread? I?ve no idea, because it got deleted in a freak electrical storm, or something. But indifference started it up again and I was thankful, yes I was. A single thread, the repository for all those niggly little questions that aren?t worth starting a whole thread for? Nifty idea. It helped us all discover the origins of pie (in Ancient Egypt, apparently).[/QUOTE]I started the thread, though I think I called it "Random Question thread". It was good that it was deleted at first, becuase certain people were posting irrelevant inflammatory remarks for the sake of being spiteful, and sending the thread down a potentially endless, hopeless chute of senseless bickering. Anyway, thanks indifference, for giving the thread a new start.[/COLOR]

I would like to cast a pity vote for [b]Lady Asphyxia[/b]. She is forced to wade through terrible fan fiction on daily basis. That alone makes her deserving of being nifty. And although she didn't receive the most votes on the boards, I say that quality matters over quantity.

I also nominate myself because I do not have to post to be nifty. My backlog of posts contains enough niftiness to last about a decade or so.

[b]Shinji[/b]

Because if I don't vote him nifty in 2006, that dog is going to die!

[b]Interesting, Most Interesting - Gavin[/b]

I nominate that phrase because it is interesting, and for a while I used it on a different board (at 100 posts per day) and annoyed the heck outta eeryone there XD

[b]Charles' Avatar[/b]

The only thing that can make me stare at a guys crotch that long.