OtakuBoards

The most overrated game ever; Hands Down.

PWNED

I?m not sure if people will agree with me on this but for me the most over-rated game has to be Pokémon. My word how many games has this one got now? I wouldn?t mind but they are all the same. You start off in a town, collect a terrible Pokémon in the grass and then take over the world. The fact that they usually come on two games each really annoys me, Nintendo wants our money no doubt about that. The gameplay is so repetitive it?s mind numbing, collect and fight and repeat. I think they will keep making these until they run out of colors, I can?t wait for Pokémon Beige and Mauve.

[quote name='Flame_Alchemist']I?m not sure if people will agree with me on this but for me the most over-rated game has to be Pokémon. My word how many games has this one got now? I wouldn?t mind but they are all the same. You start off in a town, collect a terrible Pokémon in the grass and then take over the world. The fact that they usually come on two games each really annoys me, Nintendo wants our money no doubt about that. The gameplay is so repetitive it?s mind numbing, collect and fight and repeat. I think they will keep making these until they run out of colors, I can?t wait for Pokémon Beige and Mauve.[/quote]
[SIZE=1]
Lol.

Still, it's not a mega-worldwide-overrated game like some others out there. It's pretty much a child/young teen thing really (in most places, at least). But yes, as one person who fell into the little poke-trap, I still agree with you on the most part. If only I didn't play it every so often on boring holidays, lol.

I think its overrated nature among younger ages, for me, was made even more aparent when I was on holiday in the Canary Islands a few years back. The shops there were filled with a fake set of Pokemon games, though I don't remember what colours they were labelled as. Unless you could pick out the forged images on the back of the box from the real thing, you were pretty much screwed - no refunds 'n' all. Imagine all the tourist children that fell for that one...[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]When it comes to Halo and Halo 2. I absolutely hate the solo and campaign play. The only reason why I play those two games and love them is because of the multi-player option.

I love Goldeneye a lot too, don't get me wrong. I've spent countless nights playing that.

I do not like RPG's in general but I do find Pokemon and Final Fantasy VII a lot of fun. Though, I only really like Pokemon Red Version. Anything after that got kind of gotten old and boring. I did like the radio in Gold and Silver though.

Anyways, I feel that the later pokemon games are far over rated. Nothing is better than the orginal pokemon game. Another I feel over rated would be Guild Wars. What's so special and different than WoW? Please do not call me biased or lame because even if I were to try it on my computer, my computer would freeze and not work. Plus, imagine playing a game like that on dial up.[/COLOR]