OtakuBoards

Graphic Worm 2006

Retribution

[size=7][font=Georgia]Graphic Worm 2006[/font][/size]

[size=1]I saw the absolute coolest thing on another website, and decided to try it out on OtakuBoards, and see what the artists here cooked up.

How it works, is this: Someone (probably me) will start off the ?worm? with an image. Others will continue my picture by juxtaposing their own art next to mine so that it looks like it?s one piece. [url=http://worm.bluesfear.com/index2.html][b]HERE[/b][/url] is an example, because I know my explanation was absolutely horrid. 56k users will suffer on the link ? that is your fair warning.

Please note how each image is a continuation of the previous one ? this is what I?d like to attempt. I have hosting that?s willing to support this project, and I will provide a link once I?ve posted the first image.

[url=http://obgw.randomthunk.net/][b]The 2006 worm is here [click].[/b][/url]

[b]Rules:[/b]
- The dimensions you [b]must[/b] use are 600 x 450 pixels. If your submission does not have these dimensions, it will not be accepted.
- If you wish to contribute to this project, please [b]PM me and I will post the order you are to contribute in.[/b] If you for some reason need to back out of your commitment, please tell me via PM so that I can take your name out of the list. I will send you a PM to notify you when you are supposed to go.
- This is no-holds-barred ? use every trick you have under your belt. Be it pre-made brushes, something you learned from a tutorial, or something hand-drawn, it?s allowed! This is open to all media, so long as you can make it flow from piece to piece.
- Make your submission quality. Submit something you?re truly proud of; that goes without saying.
- Post your submission in this thread ? I will self-host it, but in order to see it, put it here.

And that about covers it, folks.

[b]Posting Order[/b]
[strike]1. Retribution[/strike]
[strike]2. White[/strike]
[strike]3. Ezekiel[/strike]
[strike]4. Athena[/strike]
[strike]5. Shi no Tenshi[/strike]
[strike]6. Katana[/strike]
[strike]7. Doukeshi[/strike]
[strike]8. Doc[/strike]
[strike]9. Illusion[/strike]
[strike]10. Delta[/strike]
[strike]11. Ecstasy[/strike] (Sorry, you took too long ;_; )
[strike]12. Ozymandius Jones[/strike]
[strike]13. SunfallE[/strike]
[strike]14. Kitty[/strike]
[strike]15. Drix D'Zanth[/strike]
[strike]16. Stuart[/strike] (Sorry, you took too long ;_; )
[strike]17. Boo[/strike]
[strike]18. Dagger[/strike]
[strike]19. Retribution[/strike] (Can't currently do it)
[strike]20. Epsilon[/strike]
21. Katana
22. Maneki Neko
23. James
24. Chabichou
25. White
26. Delta
27. Keyblade Wielder
28. jigglyness
-----------------------
[b]EDIT:[/b] The starting image is [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/1.jpg][b]HERE[/b][/url] -- up and at 'em, White! [/size]

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=#333333]Alright, I've finished the next panel for the Graphics Worm and connected it to Retri's. Just click [url=http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4703/graphicsworm1yn.jpg][u][color=#333333]here[/color][/u][/url] for the picture.

I guess Ezekiel is up next. Good luck, Jamie. ;)

[size=1][b]EDIT:[/b] Alrighty, Alex. Just click [url=http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/350/28sp1.jpg][color=#333333][u]here[/u][/color][/url].[/COLOR][/size]

[size=1]Eh, if you could post your piece separate from the others, that'd be preferred. It'll make life easier when I'm trying to add a single panel to an already extensive worm. I'm going to be posting the URL to view the worm sometime tonight.

Thanks, and I'm sure you're gonna kill'em dead, Jay.

[B]EDIT:[/B] For clarity's sake, please name your image your respective number -- for instance, mine was one, White's was two, etc. Also the URL to the worm is [url=http://www.aozoranoeizou.net/alexander/gfxworm/][b]found here.[/b][/url] I'm confident that this link with become extremely image heavy -- caution, 56k'ers.[/size]

[size=1]Great question, Doukeshi. There's no rotating this list -- you go straight down, and if we hit the bottom, then we have to stop until someone else steps up. This allows for people to have a one-time try, and if they end up not liking it (imagine!), they'll never have to go again. I'd also ask that no one sign-up again until they've done their piece, meaning, you're only allowed to sign up again once you've completed your last piece. I hope that was clear. >_>

Also, please don't feel obligated to stick with our current color scheme -- it'd be great if we could really mix things up a whole lot. Again, pull out every trick you have under your belt -- it's your time to shine! [/size]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Hehe...sounds like fun. Thx for the clarity, Retri. XD

Anyways, looking forward to do this thing with everyone. ~.^

And that program you sent me, Retri. Works like a charm. I can't thank you enough. *bows to great and honorable Retribution*

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well, I'm done. ^_^

While I was loving the typography, I'm a darker person with graphics. Simple and light doesn't seem to work for me. =p I'm sure Annie is going to be okay with the black I've left her to work with?

Hope this is okay, everyone. x.x

Image is [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Zeke_3.png][B]here[/B][/URL]. [/SIZE]

[size=1]That's beautiful, Jameh! I probably won't have my submission up until late tonight, or tomorrow. Please be patient, and don't expect typography. I don't do very well with font art. >>;

If no one responds after my post, I'll be sure to edit this one. So, keep an eye out.[/size]

[size=1][url=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/worm.png][color=darkred]Here's[/color][/url] my shot. Not sure if it flows well--but, it's what I could come up with. If you don't like it Retri, let me know and I'll try again.

Oh, Stuart..you are so great to play around with ^_^.........er, in Photoshop, that is.[/size]

[size=1]Yeah, it's great, but it needs to be the correct dimensions. I'm not sure if you still have the original file in which you could edit the layers in, but please redo the piece. I guess it's my fault for not making things apparent enough... my bad for having you make a piece that's not used.

So it's still your turn, unless you'd like to be skipped.[/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1] I guess it's my fault for not making things apparent enough... my bad for having you make a piece that's not used.

So it's still your turn, unless you'd like to be skipped.[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]No, it isn't your fault; you clarified exactly what was needed to be clarified. When I was working on it in Photoshop, it was the correct dimensions. But when I uploaded it to Photobucket.com, it resized my picture. I didn't realize this until just a bit ago.

My [b][i]sincerest[/b][/i] apologies. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully imageshack.us does me better. [url=http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6620/worm4dm.png][b]Here, round 2[/b][/url].[/size]

[SIZE=1]I adore the filters you used on that guy, they look amazing. I think it flows well enough, the only thing is the red in the top left hand corner, apart from that, everything matches up pretty well.

I feel sorry for Shi no Tenshi having to match up with all the typography. >> *loving this so far*

Oh, Retri, now that I've completed my piece does that mean I can sgn up again?[/SIZE]

[url=http://xs67.xs.to/pics/06065/snt.png]your hand in mine[/url]

Sorry about the wait - I've been [i]really[/i] busy lately.

Anyway, everything on that graphic is 'handmade', mostly with scanned images of reciepts, photographs of my drawings & handwriting, me & my man, and that font that says 'your hand' is made by yours truly. The only thing I didn't make is the typewriter font to the far left that says 'do you want to be free?'.

Continuing the type from Athena's was a challenge ^^;

And I blame this style of collage on my new typography book. It's too sexy.

[quote name='Ezekiel][SIZE=1']Oh, Retri, now that I've completed my piece does that mean I can sgn up again?[/SIZE][/quote]
[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1']Great question, Doukeshi. There's no rotating this list -- you go straight down, and if we hit the bottom, then we have to stop until someone else steps up.[/quote][/SIZE]
[color=royalblue][size=1]*shot*

And I've done my piece. Actuallly, I created it after seeing Athena's piece and deciding that people were being too dark and angsty. XD *shot again* No not just that piece, but the whole Worm entirely. It's been rather dreary. So I was glad to see Shi no Tenshi's bright piece...with GREEN!

I have no idea what the hell I was doing...though I loved the pic of Saladin (War of Genesis). And indeed, that is my own hand...lots of jewelry...I scoured my box for some neat pieces. Fresh baked cookies for anybody who can figure out what's written on the hand. A glass of milk for whoever figures out what song it's from. XD

And without further ado, [url=http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/8484/otakuboardsgraphicworm64nj.jpg]clickith[/url].

Here's hoping I haven't screwed up anything.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Katana][SIZE=1][color=royalblue]It's been rather dreary. So I was glad to see Shi no Tenshi's bright piece...with GREEN![/size'][/color][/quote]

Ahhh, thank you xD I personally don't like doing dark graphics - colour is my friend.

I love how you used your hand (I'm assuming your hand!), and the colour scheme is great. Can't go wrong with shades of blue & orange.

[quote name='Doukeshi][SIZE=1']Heh, certaintley know how to make it difficult don't you katana ^_~[/SIZE][/quote]
[size=1][color=royalblue]Aw, I'm so sorry, Doukenshi. - -;; If you want me to fix something, than I can do that...

See, this is what I mean by screwing things up. X3

Cookies and milk still avaliable.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]It took me a while to figure out just what I was going to put in my image, taking the follow on into consideration and such.

As it is I came up with [B][U][I][URL=http://doukeshi03.250free.com/WW.jpg]this[/URL][/I][/U][/B]. I know its simplistic but I think it looks pretty good. Matter of opinion I suppose ^_~.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Hittokiri Zero']The "seams" connecting the last two images look very forced but other than that it's looking good :rolleyes:[/quote]
[size=1]Very good point, Hitto.

Firstly, try to throw the next artist a bone -- don't make some super-complicated gradient and typography pattern to fight with. Rather, do something nice and easy like White and Ezekiel did -- they didn't leave any super-hard loose ends to be tied off, but they didn't make it boring either.

Secondly, don't force the transition too hard. If you're stumped, use the smear tool to ease the pain, but don't make this too evident.

It's going to be a vicious cycle if everyone keeps screwing one another over. However, don't let this warning lead to boring pieces. Just be inventive.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][quote name='Hittokiri Zero']The "seams" connecting the last two images look very forced but other than that it's looking good :rolleyes:[/quote]

I...didn't think it looked forced at all. I thought it flowed fairly nicely, as good as the other pieces, anyways...of course, it all looks different on different screens...[/SIZE][/COLOR]