OtakuBoards

Memorable/Favourite Gaming Moments

celestialcharm

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

Beating Resident Evil 4 twice within a week of getting it, getting the Matilda pistol, and maxing out all my guns. Trying to get enough scratch to buy the Chicago Typewriter at this point. Oh, and the knife fight with Krauser was the bossness.

Taping myself beating Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in a two day period (9 hours) and sending out to my buddy to watch. Which he did.

Discovering the Dynasty Warriors series on a demo disk. Love ever since.

My 7 year old brother beating Halo 2.

Becoming the Dark Lord of the Sith in KOTOR

My first exploding head in Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.

Being addicted to Kingdom Hearts.

The entire Metal Gear Solid series under my belt.

Soldier of Fortune. If you've played it, then you know why.

Cutting a wave of soldiers in half on Genji: Dawn of the Samurai with Benki.

Dropping mascots in bodies of water on Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Being the Boss at Soul Calibur 2 and 3.

Being the Boss at Halo 2.

Pwnage of Def Jam: Fight For NY.

Sonic Advance being the funnest GBA title of all time.

Playing through RE4 while blaring The Game's "The Documentary". (nothing helps with Las Plagas extermination like a good dose of gangsta rap.)

The Discovery of the novel, Romance of the Three Kingdom, through Dynasty Warriors.

Heated discussion between me and my two buddies over which is the greatest kingdom in DW. Wu (me), Wei (Corbin), or Shu (Dequan).

The satisfying feeling of hitting a player across the stage at Coagulation with a rocket launcher on Halo 2.

Burnout Revenge... dear god...

Super Smash Brothers marathons on the N64.

My buddy Adam being the God of all that is Super Smash Bros. Melee. I swear, you will never beat him.

"You, the master of unlocking..."

Zombies on an elevator (Resident Evil 1).

Being attacked by a rapter in Dino Crisis for the first time. (I ***** myself)

Practicing Tekken 4 on very hard. Seriously.

"Taste my Spicy Kick!" Joe Hagashi from SNK.

Doing fun stuff with a tank on Halo 2. (Zanzibar, the Spinning Wheel, killed by Guardians)

Learning how to make Snake throw up on MGS3.

Majin Vegeta, Final Explosion, and the Gigantic Meteor. DBZ Budokai 3.

Xenogears... because Xenosaga is a mockery.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
This is a sad, shameful, and embarassing moment. My first game was Pokemon Gold. I reached the Elite Four after many hours of hard work. My Typhlosion was at a really high level (like 80-something), but every other Pokemon I had was only about level 20. I stayed up until 4 A.M. playing, and died on the last person(forgot the names). I literally burst into tears, but I was only in 4th or 5th grade. Yes, I have no life. It's been a few years and I'm not that emotional about games now, and I don't even play Pokemon anymore, but I remember that moment clearly.

As for happier gaming moments, I was so happy the first time I played and beat Link's Awakening DX, which was also about 5th grade. Tales of Symphonia's optional boss Abyssion was also satisfying to defeat. He is [I]way[/I] harder than the last battle. I'm hoping Tales of Phantasia will be as good as ToS. I spent over total 200 hours on Tales of Symphonia between replays, so ToP looks good.

FF7

1#

Around 3/4 of the game done, I had enough power to kill any monster that creepeth upon the earth.
Knowing me, I say the submerine. I desided to save then go down. I was like, "I wanna kill someone!"
[NOTE I was like 11 or 12]. So, I thought it would be cool to have a battle down there. I saw this thing running away. "THATS RIGHT YOU RUN!" I thought at the moment. I engage a battle with him. I though, "So many thing to hit! What should I attack? I guess I'll just hit him!"
Then he does one move. It did something like 9999 to all my people! I was scared. I went out to the living-room and talked to my Big Brother [He beat the game]. I just told him that I was owned by something big and scary. Other things were happening at that time so...

2#

I was going agaist Sepheroth at the end of the game. [KotR owned] He got mashed to bits after that. The matched took like 2 mins!

FF8

1#

After the game, me and my brother can both agree that Squal sucks.

Halo [1]

1#

Teams [Me & my brother Chris]
Teams [Dad & other brother Sean]

Here is a convo between the other team.

[COLOR=Red]Sean: Alright! Lets go to there base![/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Dad: Alright![/COLOR]

[We are on the snowy level that is shaped like a U]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Dad: Wow! They aren't there![/COLOR][COLOR=Red]Sean: What? Yeah they are. I see them.[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Dad: I am in there base and I don't see them![/COLOR][COLOR=Red]Sean: DAD! Your at OUR base![/COLOR]

Guest Metal Dragon
One time I was exited because I finally finished a game that took me a year to beat, so I threw my hands up in the air and I ended up smacking my sibling.
Some other time while I was going against the final boss in a game and I looked away to talk to my sibling and I ended up beating the boss without knowing how.

Oh, dearie me almighty...

So... I was over at a friend's house. I brought over my PS2 and Final Fantasy X. After about an hour of grunting over the TV in the guestroom which would absolutely not work, we restationed out in her garage. Yes, she has a TV in her garage. We spent about 10 hours out there in her garage, most of the time trying to beat the chocobo race. We weren't successful. But one memory of that night stands out above all others. We were in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth and we got in a battle with a Magic Urn. On the spot, I invented a game. Auron, Tidus, and Wakka were in my party. I pressed the attack button, and moved the cursor so it was aiming at my people instead of the monster. I held down the left button, and wherever the cursor landed, that player would attack. First, Wakka killed Tidus and he fell to the ground. Meaning to stop there, I accidentally attacked again- this time Auron went for Wakka. Auron missed... and Wakka used Evade & Counter and killed Auron. Auron fell to the ground... right on top of Tidus. In a VERY suggestive position. o_O and being the crazed yaoi fangirls we are, we both just fell out of our seats laughing.

Now that is the stuff that fanfiction is made of.

LMAO! I love screwing around in Final Fantasy games. I've attacked my allies far too many times but I've never thought of it in that way before, lol.

That brings up what I think my best gaming memory is when I beat Final Fantasy 7 with two of my friends in a little over 24 hours about 7 years ago. It was really cool taking turns playing and getting all confused after seeing the story for the first time, and getting Sephiroth at the end. I think that was the night I become addicted to video games. Beating Final Fantasy X was also a great memory for me. I think FFX's ending is my favorite video game ending except for maybe Metal Gear Solid's multiple endings.

[quote name='"AdarianDreamer"']Beating Final Fantasy X was also a great memory for me. I think FFX's ending is my favorite video game ending except for maybe Metal Gear Solid's multiple endings.[/quote]

Just thinking about Final Fantasy X's ending is getting me all nostalgic... I totally cried throughout the ending video (which was like 9 hours long, I was kind of wondering if it would ever end... kind of like Lord of the Rings 3). Seriously, by the time Yuna said her final line: "The people and the friends we have lost... or the dreams that had faded... never forget them," I was in hysterics! And then I remember sitting through the credits, and afterward was that teaser clip [spoiler]that shows Tidus coming back[/spoiler] and I was like, "HOLY CRAP!" XD Then I remember going to GameStop in 2004 and saw a poster advertising Final Fantasy X-2... I nearly cried seeing that! I reserved a copy that same day and got X-2 the day it came out. I can still remember popping the disc into my PS2 for the first time... watching the opening scene... trying to figure out the new battle system... it was really a strong experience for me to go back to Spira after all that time. It was amazing.

• 2 months later...
I got this idea when I was talking with my brother about the SNES, we were talking about street fighter and how i was desperate to make one hadoken fireball! Good times those were

[B]everyone must have a favorite moment when playing a game right?[/B]

Here's mine, it was when my brother and I finally finished Double Dragon II, that was a hard game for an 8 and 6 year old, that was too much! But it felt great knowing that we did it!! and without the help of game genie :D

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I'm know I have had a lot of funny moments with my friends when it comes to games, but I don't really think any of you guys would find said moments even the slightest bit comical. Simply because you'd have to be there. :P

However I do have moments where I have been with friends and we just laughed because the game itself was funny. One particular moment that is running through my mind right now is while three of my friends and I were playing Conker: Live and Reloaded (an extremely hillarious game on its own). For those of you who have not played Conker: L&R and plan on doing so, I'll spoiler tag the next bit (although it's not much of a surprise).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[spoiler][font=tahoma]There is one level where you enter a cavern (on Poo Mountain) and a voice echoes throughout the cove. It says he wants some sweet corn. So you go around the room and pickup sweet corn, throwing it into the large yellow pool in the middle. After you pitch in three of these, some music starts.

Out from the dirty water comes a large, bubbling, brown piece of turd with arms. No joke. He sings opera too! "I~ am the great and mighty poo." he says. It's freaking hillarious. To beat him, you have to dodge poo that he throws at you and when he starts singing, you chuck toilet paper into his mouth.[/font][/spoiler]

[color=#555555][font=tahoma]The whole level was just laugh out loud funny, especially with three other friends watching. Great fun.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=trebuchet ms]I remember I had some friends over last summer to play DDR. Well, we all got tired, and people started having to go. There was a handful of people left, so we tried playing Soul Calibur II with the dance pads. We ended up doing this until like 3 AM until we got really good at that. It's great that I'm awesome in SCII, but the fact that I can kick *** with a dance pad is a nice thing to rub in people's faces too.[/font]

[color=darkred]I merged the "Memorable Gaming Moments" thread with the "Favourite Gaming Moments" thread as they're both similar topics with similar replies, and I also edited the thread title so that nobody gets confused in between reading the posts.[/color]

Guest demonlover
yes, i admit it,i'm in my 30s and i bawled like a baby at the end of ffX, but the ending of ffX2 made up for that sense of loss. to see tidus return and and to see him acknowledge yuna's new strength was and will remain my favorite gaming moment :catgirl:

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well, I guess the most recent gaming moment I've had was when I had beaten Kingdom Hearts II. I've had that game since forever, but school's always been in the way, so I just recently played it again over the summer. I rushed through it just so I could get to finish it, but I think I should've savored it... ;-;

One of them was when you always thought it would be Riku and then I would get so mad because it was always another Organization XIII member. Everytime I had to fight against that certian member, I always gave it my all. XD [spoiler]ANYWAYS, finally you see Kairi and Riku, right? Or a cloak covered guy that we all think is Riku. Anyways, Kairi goes in and takes off his hoodie and I'm all close to the screen ready to see Riku, until suddenly you see... Ansem![/spoiler] My mouth was wide open and I was like, "...WTF?! You freak! WHERE'S MY RIKU?!" XDD Needless to say, I was very dissapointed, but then when they explained it later, I was like, "Oh yeahhh..." And then I got to see Riku, which I was good after that. My god the tears were flowing.. >.>;

But anyways, I loved the final boss battles. I loved the fact that it was more tough than the boss in KH and that I needed to pay attention to when the triangle button appeared. When I was fighting the first final boss, I was like, "Sweet! After this, I'm finally done with KH II!!" But then, after the final three kept coming over and over... I was ready to beat that guy's head in and scream bloody murder. Nonetheless, when he finally gave in and was defeated, I was a little happy, but also sad, muttering, "Aw... don't die.. I'm sorry!" But it was totally worth it to see the ending movie and all it's glory. I cried over that sucker! It was so sad but also cute.

Well, I have way more moments dealing with KH II, but those were my favs. My sister was watching me the whole time and she laughed at all my expressions. I loved that game and I'll always have those moments close to me. Bwahaha... envy me, for I am emotionally emo when it comes to my games. XD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Sinar
I know i've had some memorable moments in gaming

1) My proudest moment was probably when i beat Spehiroth with every character having full MP and HP. Was quite proud of the one.

2) To many to name from the MGS series. It's just safe to say that Hideo Kojima is the man.

Fine, i lied. i will mention a few MGS ones. Of course all the endings. Plus, who can ever forget the first time you heard [COLOR=Black]"You can call me.....deepthroat."[/COLOR]
And of course the Pycho Mantis battle.

3) Me and a friend beating Baulders Gate Dark Alliance in one night. That proved entertaining. Especially when fighting over who would get the Onxy Sword.

might think of some more later but those jump to mind right now.

• 2 weeks later...
[font=arial]My most memorable gaming moment was rather recent.

In KHII, when you're in Hollow Bastion [spoiler]with King Mickey and company, Mickey informs you that the Ansem you fought and defeated in the first KH was actually his Heartless or summat, and was really his impostor.

Needless to say, I started yelling. "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! YOU MEAN I SPENT 40 FREAKING HOURS ON THAT GAME JUST TO DEFEAT A FAKE!? I'VE BEEN SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMED!"[/spoiler]

...Or words to that affect. XD

Another was a few years back, when I was at my best friend's house. She's a fangirl of FFX, I am a fangirl of FFVII. She tells me I can't play FFVII until I can watch a certain scene in FFX.

...I knew what was coming. I sat through what felt like an hour-long cutscene of [spoiler]Tidus and Yuna making out in...what was it? I forget the name of the place.[/spoiler] I was sitting there screaming "AAAAGH! AAAGH! MY EYES! MAKE IT STOP!" and she was just sitting there, fantasizing. >_>;[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
well i kinda have 2:
1. (poke'mon:Ruby), after about 120 hors of work i made it to the top, a level 100 blaziken, is there realy any mor to add, i think not,

2. the day i got my gameboy pocket, yes pocket. since then i've had um' all, othewr than that advance clasic thing (thats what its called right?), and ds lite, probably won't get one for a while ethier. later

[size=1]It's not my favourite gaming moment, but it is a friend of mine's. When I go over to his place, I play [b]Need for Speed: Most Wanted[/b]. You should watch me when I try to drive with a million coppers after me. I must do things really strangely or amusingly because he and his brother are in hysterics by the time I get my way out of the pursuit (normally by getting caught by the police).

I've been told I'm quite a spectacle. >>[/size]

My Brother's memorable VG moments: =^n_n^=

1.) One day while I was at my friends house we were playin SSBM (Super smash brothers melee) and the two brothers were in love with Falco and hated Fox, but I objected too it :rolleyes: . Being overpowered they made three lvl 9 Falcos fight a lvl 1 Fox in stanima mode at the 2nd mushroom stage... I began to watch in horror :animedepr , but in the beginning 1 Falco fell through the right hole, then Fox did one punch and another Falco fell through the same hole the last Falco kept beating him up until 2hp and the fox jumped to the middle platform and Falco tried to follow, but fell also... :D
I'm don't hate Falco, I just think Fox is cooler... :cool:

2.) Next is in Soul Caliber 3 [spoiler] I bought the minigame hardworkers when I started I almost crapped my pants! I didnt know you could fight the shopkeepers!!!!!!! [/spoiler]

3.) In the same topic I introduced SC3 to my friend since I was the most experienced I was the leader, but 5 minutes later my friend started beating me at EVERYTHING!

4.) In animal crossing I had a cat named Mitzi, and she was my favorite, and my sister had a wolf named Freya, and that was her favorite. of course after doing all of their biddings and sending tons of letters they both moved... my sister and I decided to take revenge on eachother favorites so maybe they'll move back... (I am going to put 3 of those signs in front of Mitzi's house so she either cant get in or out :p)

Mine:

I suppose I've got a pretty sad collection, but here goes...

One of my favorite, and first games I got was Myst, for the computer. My brother and I installed it and played it because the background story sounded cool, and the graphics looked neat too. It didn't take long to find out we needed to be solving puzzles, however being raised with my father's DOOM skills (I'd sit on his lap and make fun of the dead characters when I was four) I auto-matically assumed I needed to find a weapon or I'd be killed some gory way.

Walking slowly down the path from the library, I saw something small coming my way. It was dark and late and I went into a panic, along with my brother, because we'd solved a couple of the puzzles and were very proud of ourselves, and we didn't want to die and loose all our data because I insisted we visit the library first.

After five minutes of panic, it turned out to be that friendly Monarc Butterfly.

Another one was when I FINALLY finished Kingdom Hearts 2, (Brother had to finish it first... =^;_;^=) and was watching the ending aftermath with my brother. My mother walks in and sits down and decides to watch, because she's into our anime stuff too. So here we were peacefully watching, and my very own MOTHER starts making interesting comments: [spoiler](just to be safe) "Look where his hand is!" and "Is this the part where he tells him he's gay?" [/spoiler]*headdesk* I love my mother though, she restrained herself around the cosplayers at AnimeNEXT... =^n.n^=