OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?

Guest D. Resurrected

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay both of these riddles are waaaaaaay back on this thread, but I'm gonna try to answer them because I'm weird (and I'll proabaly get them wrong...)

This one was back on page 3: [QUOTE]heres another one.I went into the woods and got it. I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it. What is it?[/QUOTE]

A splinter?

And the next....[QUOTE]Which of the following statements are true?
1. At least one of these ten statements is false.
2. At least two of these ten statements are false.
3. At least three of these ten statements are false.
4. At least four of these ten statements are false.
5. At least five of these ten statements are false.
6. At least six of these ten statements are false.
7. At least seven of these ten statements are false.
8. At least eight of these ten statements are false.
9. At least nine of these ten statements are false.
10. At least ten of these ten statements are false.[/QUOTE]

Is it #9? I really don't think that's right, though...

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=KenshinFreak987]Okay both of these riddles are waaaaaaay back on this thread, but I'm gonna try to answer them because I'm weird (and I'll proabaly get them wrong...)

This one was back on page 3:

A splinter?

And the next....

Is it #9? I really don't think that's right, though...[/QUOTE]

first one yes

second one no

here yet another riddle

If you're 8 feet away from a door and with each move you advance half the distance to the door. How many moves will it take to reach the door.

[COLOR=Navy]I think the answer to that is: You'll never reach the door, because it will keep halving forever even until it's like, 0.00001 millimetre or something. A constant halving will never complete the distance.[/COLOR]

Okay, so a man lives on the 32nd level of his apartment complex. Everymorning at 8 he rides the elevator downstairs and goes to work. At six that night, he rides the elevator back up to the 12th floor then takes the stairs the rest of the way up. Except of rainy days, when he rides the elevator all the way up. Why?

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='Sakura][COLOR=Navy']I think the answer to that is: You'll never reach the door, because it will keep halving forever even until it's like, 0.00001 millimetre or something. A constant halving will never complete the distance.[/COLOR][/quote]

your right good job ok heres another one everyone enjoy :animesmil

In Jamaica, if you drop a steel ball weighing five pounds from a height of 45 inches, will it fall more rapidly through water at 20 degrees Fahrenheit or water at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Or will it make no difference?

p.s. the person above me that riddle has all ready been said before but maybe people havent seen it so I wont give it away.also everyones doing a great job keep it up :D

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='The_Mix_Breed][/font']Okay, so a man lives on the 32nd level of his apartment complex. Everymorning at 8 he rides the elevator downstairs and goes to work. At six that night, he rides the elevator back up to the 12th floor then takes the stairs the rest of the way up. Except of rainy days, when he rides the elevator all the way up. Why?[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] He's a little shorty. He can reach the ground floor button in the elevator, so he's fine going down, but on the way back up he can only reach as far as the 12th floor button, and has to take the stairs for twenty floors, poor fella. But if it's raining he has an umbrella with him, which he can use to press the 32nd floor button right from the off.
[/font]

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]
In Jamaica, if you drop a steel ball weighing five pounds from a height of 45 inches, will it fall more rapidly through water at 20 degrees Fahrenheit or water at 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Or will it make no difference?[/QUOTE]
At 20 degrees Fahrenheit the water would't be water, it would be ice. Therefore the steel ball would drop faster at 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

Since I can't think of a riddle I'll let someone else ask one. :animeswea

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Panda]At 20 degrees Fahrenheit the water would't be water, it would be ice. Therefore the steel ball would drop faster at 40 degrees Fahrenheit.

Since I can't think of a riddle I'll let someone else ask one. :animeswea[/QUOTE]

Correct good job panda.ok panda try this one :animesmil

Four men sat down to play,
They played all night ?till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun
With separate scores for everyone.
When they came to square accounts,
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain,
If no one lost, how could all gain?

enjoy hehehe :animesmil

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Four men sat down to play,
They played all night ?till break of day.
They played for gold and not for fun
With separate scores for everyone.
When they came to square accounts,
They all had made quite fair amounts.
Can you the paradox explain,
If no one lost, how could all gain?[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Were the 'players' musicians...? That sorda makes sense >_<

Alright, I have a riddle that I cannot figure out, and it's driving me insane. Am I allowed to post one even if I don't know the answer...?[/size]

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]Were the 'players' musicians...? That sorda makes sense >_<

Alright, I have a riddle that I cannot figure out, and it's driving me insane. Am I allowed to post one even if I don't know the answer...?[/size][/QUOTE]

ya you can if you want. I see no problem in that. :animesmil

And you are right as well on the riddle good job.

ok heres another one everyone enjoy :D

George, Helen, and Steve are drinking coffee.
Bert, Karen, and Dave are drinking soda.
Using logic, is Elizabeth drinking coffee or soda?

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]
George, Helen, and Steve are drinking coffee.
Using logic, is Elizabeth drinking coffee or soda?[/QUOTE]

This probably isn't even right...
but Elizabeth isn't drinking either, because she isn't there.

Haha, that's what my simple-minded logic tells me.

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=KatanaViolet]This probably isn't even right...
but Elizabeth isn't drinking either, because she isn't there.

Haha, that's what my simple-minded logic tells me.[/QUOTE]

good guess but no.keep trying. :animesmil

heres another riddle everyone enjoy.

You hear it speak, for it has a hard tongue. But it cannot breathe, for it has not a lung.
What is it?

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]George, Helen, and Steve are drinking coffee.
Using logic, is Elizabeth drinking coffee or soda?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]My guess is that Elizabeth is drinking coffee. The reason behind that is because all the coffee drinkers have 2 'e's in their names, while soda drinkers only have one.[/COLOR]

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='Sakura][COLOR=Navy']My guess is that Elizabeth is drinking coffee. The reason behind that is because all the coffee drinkers have 2 'e's in their names, while soda drinkers only have one.[/COLOR][/quote]

you are correct god job.ok here another one. :animesmil

I float on the water back to front am the same come to think of it so is my name?

two posible anwsers for this one

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]you are correct god job.ok here another one. :animesmil

I float on the water back to front am the same come to think of it so is my name?

two posible anwsers for this one[/QUOTE]

Huh? I didn't understand anything in that at all, so you either had a few typos and if so care to re-write?

Guest D. Resurrected
sorry the riddles just very old school. basicaly its part of the riddle so sadly I cant re write it.

heres another one though. :animesmil

Born Motherless and Fatherless,
Into this world without a sin
Made a load roar as I entered
And never spoke again.

Who am I?

enjoy, losts of posible answers for this one but theres one in particular that im looking for.

enjoy. :animesmil

p.s. Jeebs not it but keep guessing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest animefreaknva
didn't we already answer this one. Thunder

Well okay here is one

"A babysitter came over one day to babysit 10 children. She decided to give them a snack. In a jar there were 10 cookies. She wants to give each one a cookie, but still keep one in the jar. How will she do it? (WITHOUT BREAKING ANY COOKIES-EACH CHILD HAS TO GET A WHOLE!)"

Guest animefreaknva
[QUOTE=EvilRubberDucky]What walks on 4 legs by morning
2 legs by afternoon
and 3 legs by evening?

(This one's an easy one)[/QUOTE]

A baby? :p

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote=EvilRubberDucky]What walks on 4 legs by morning
2 legs by afternoon
and 3 legs by evening?[/quote]If you take a quick glance back through the thread you'll see that we've had this riddle [B]twice[/B] already. The answer is Man - trawl back a little if you want the explanation ;)

As for the babysitter one: if I assume she's not a very scrupulous babysitter I can guess that maybe she gives each baby a cookie and puts one baby in the jar, with his/her cookie, thereby giving each baby a snack but leaving one cookie in the jar.

[I]"A babysitter came over one day to babysit 10 children. She decided to give them a snack. In a jar there were 10 cookies. She wants to give each one [B][this 'one' refers to a baby][/B] a cookie, but still keep one [B][so maybe this 'one' also means a baby?][/B] in the jar. How will she do it?"[/I][/FONT]

Guest animefreaknva
As for the babysitter one: if I assume she's not a very scrupulous babysitter I can guess that maybe she gives each baby a cookie and puts one baby in the jar, with his/her cookie, thereby giving each baby a snack but leaving one cookie in the jar.

that's right.

:animeknow

o.k here's another

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother.

How could this be?