OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?

Guest D. Resurrected

[COLOR=Navy]Heh, easy. The beggar is [B]female[/B], making her the man's sister without being a brother. This is a bit of psychological thing since people usually automatically relate 'beggar' to male.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest atlhunt47
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]no not quite but your sort of on the right track keep guessing :animesmil

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool![/QUOTE]

i am surprised no one got this one

the unusual thing about the paragraph is

it does not contain the letter E at all

even though it is the most popular letter in the alphabet

here is one:

What word, when you capitalize it, totally changes pronunciation?

Guest geniusboy91
[QUOTE=atlhunt47]
here is one:

What word, when you capitalize it, totally changes pronunciation?[/QUOTE]

That would be the word "iamb" (as in iambic pentameter), because when the letter I is capitalized in certain fonts it looks identical to a lowercase l (pronounced "el"). This changes the pronunciation to the word lamb (the animal)

Another possible answer would be the word "it" because the question says "when you capitalise "it". Using the same "i to l" logic it becomes Lt. an abbreviation for leutinate (sorry for the misspelling). Changes pronunciation from it to leutinate.

[quote name='foxgirl94][COLOR=DarkGreen]???????????????????[/COLOR][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][SIZE=2'][/SIZE][/quote]
Welcome to theOtakuBoards [b]foxgirl94[/b].

Please be aware that we have a rules page that all members are required to read before posting. These [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"][U]Rules[/U][/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?][U]FAQ[/U][/URL] can be found on the left navigation menu and the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52331][u]Otaku Lounge Rules[/u][/url] are pinned at the top of the forum. You can also use the underlined links I have just provided.

We have pretty high standards when it comes to the quality of posts (ie: making them well thought out with care given to grammar). When you re-read the rules page it will make more sense to you. Your post I have quoted above was deleted since it is spam. Please do not post if you do not have anything constructive to add to the thread.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators. Again, I welcome you to the boards and I hope to see you posting around the site. Have fun!

~Panda

[quote name='D. Resurrected']The word CANDY can be spelled using just 2 letters. Can you figure out how?[/quote]YAHAHA! I KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

and no one answered it :rotflmao:

C & Y[QUOTE=D. Resurrected] Something very extraordinary happened on the 6th of May, 1978 at 12:34 a.m.
What was it?[/QUOTE]haha! no one answered this one either! but it's really easy... gaa i'm so happy! :animesmil

it was 12:34 on 5/6 in the 78th year of the 1900's... =D
heehee!

[font=trebuchet ms][color=red][b]taperson,[/b] double posting isn't allowed, so I've merged your posts together. In future use the EDIT button instead of posting straight after yourself.

Also, please read Panda's post above yours. Your posting quality isn't good, so it applies to you as well.

Finally, I've cropped some of your enormous quotes. No need to quote the whole post to which you're replying, just quote the relevant bits, it saves space!

- Raiyuu[/color][/font]

Guest atlhunt47
[QUOTE=geniusboy91]That would be the word "iamb" (as in iambic pentameter), because when the letter I is capitalized in certain fonts it looks identical to a lowercase l (pronounced "el"). This changes the pronunciation to the word lamb (the animal)

Another possible answer would be the word "it" because the question says "when you capitalise "it". Using the same "i to l" logic it becomes Lt. an abbreviation for leutinate (sorry for the misspelling). Changes pronunciation from it to leutinate.[/QUOTE]

Thats not the one that i am thinking of, the one i was thinking of was polish and Polish...that one works without any weird descriptions of fonts