Riddles: Care to solve?

Guest D. Resurrected

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]posted by D.ressurected
Forward and forward I go, never looking back. My limit no one knows, more of me do they lack. Like a river I do flow, and an eagle I fly.
Now can you guess, what am I?

the answer is time[/QUOTE]

you are correct good job.Everyones doing a great job I am very impressed with the quality of the riddles.Very nice,ok heres the riddle of the day enjoy. :animesmil

Walk on the living, they don't even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. What are they?

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]okay im going on a long shot here
is it their bones?u know they creak and all that....
posted by D.ressurected
Walk on the living, they don't even mumble. Walk on the dead, they mutter and grumble. What are they?[/QUOTE]

no but good guess.heres a hint this could be found in a park.

her everyone yet another riddle.woot woot enjoy

What 5 letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down?

hehehe :D

[COLOR=Navy][B]D:[/B] I'm not sure of your second riddle, but the answer to the first is [B]Leaves[/B], because when they're dead they become all dry and crispy, so when you step on them they crackle.

[B]Jeebs:[/B] The answer to your riddle is that they're [B]Playing Baseball[/B], because the batter's stealing a base, and the catcher's wearing a mask, crouched on the HOME plate.

[B]Metal Dragon:[/B] The answer is, [B]Open your eyes[/B].

And seeing as no one answered my riddle that I originally posted here it is again, though it's pretty easy:

[B]Look at me one way and I'm heavy, weigh a lot,
But turn me around and you'll find I'm not.
What am I?[/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sakura][COLOR=Navy][B]Jeebs:[/B] The answer to your riddle is that they're [B]Playing Baseball[/B'], because the batter's stealing a base, and the catcher's wearing a mask, crouched on the HOME plate.[/COLOR][/quote]
Correct.

[QUOTE][COLOR=Navy][B]Look at me one way and I'm heavy, weigh a lot,
But turn me around and you'll find I'm not.
What am I?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You are a ton.

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]no but good guess.heres a hint this could be found in a park.

her everyone yet another riddle.woot woot enjoy

What 5 letter word typed in all capital letters can be read the same upside down?

hehehe :D[/QUOTE]

CHOKE--I don't know if that is the only one, but it's an answer. :animesmil

You live in a house with 4 sides. Each side has a southern exposure. A big bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear?

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=silver_blade]CHOKE--I don't know if that is the only one, but it's an answer. :animesmil

You live in a house with 4 sides. Each side has a southern exposure. A big bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear?[/QUOTE]

nope not it but good guess.ohh and as for your riddle im going to guess the bear is brown.

Sakura you are correct as well

heres another riddle everyone enjoy. :D

A puppy is one, but a dog is not.
A kitten is one, but a cat is not.
A cookie is one, but a cracker is not.
What is it?

Guest Metal Dragon
[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]

Heck yes, one I actually know! The answer is: [SPOILER]a man, through the course of his life. As a baby, he crawls on four legs, then walks on two, and finally uses a walking stick as he gets too old to support himself (three legs).[/SPOILER]

Unfortunately, I don't really know any riddles, so I can't post any hard ones.

But: [I]What gets wetter and wetter the more it dries?
[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]
It's either a sponge or a towel.
Here's another riddle
What gets more dirty the more it cleans?

[COLOR=Navy][B]silver_blade:[/B] My guess is [B]White[/B], because I think it's a Polar Bear since I'm speculating that the person lives at the North Pole, but I don't remember where they live, in the Arctic or Antarctica.

[B]D:[/B] I'm thinking a [B]Word that contains double letters in a row[/B]; Pu[B]pp[/B]y, Ki[B]tt[/B]en, C[B]oo[/B]kie.

[B]Metal Dragon:[/B] Erm, I'd have to say a [B]Sponge[/B] or a [B]Cleaning Cloth[/B] of some sort.

Here's mine:

[B]To force out a government, at a stroke, by defeat.
Now add an 'e', I become a car, two people I seat.
What am I?[/B][/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]D, you can't say that CHOKE is the wrong answer to your riddle just because it isn't the answer you've got. Write down CHOKE and stick a mirror above it. It reads the same. Unless you meant actual upside-down, not mirrored? Because then it would have to be a palindrome, and the only letters it could have in it are H I O and X, and I'm darned if I can make a palindromic word out of those.[/font]

[QUOTE=Sakura][COLOR=Navy][B]silver_blade:[/B] My guess is [B]White[/B], because I think it's a Polar Bear since I'm speculating that the person lives at the North Pole, but I don't remember where they live, in the Arctic or Antarctica.

[B]D:[/B] I'm thinking a [B]Word that contains double letters in a row[/B]; Pu[B]pp[/B]y, Ki[B]tt[/B]en, C[B]oo[/B]kie.

[B]Metal Dragon:[/B] Erm, I'd have to say a [B]Sponge[/B] or a [B]Cleaning Cloth[/B] of some sort.

Here's mine:

That would be coup/coupe. A coup is overthrowing a government, and you add 'e' for the car coupe.

Sakura:White is correct. ;)

Why can't a man living in Winston-Salem,North Carolina, be buried west of the Mississippi River?

[COLOR=Navy][B]silver_blade:[/B] Because he's [B]Still Alive[/B], and you don't bury living people. "Why can't a man [I]living[/I]..."

And well done on answering the riddle correctly.

Here's another:

[B]I can be long. I can be short. I can be grown. I can be cut. I can be bought. I can be painted. I can be bare. I can be eaten. I can be round. I can be square. What am I?[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE][COLOR=#004a6f][SIZE=7][U]XXll[/U] = ll
Vlll [/SIZE]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][quote name='The13thMan']I was thinking about it but it's kinda confusing. By line what exactly do you mean? What constitutes as a line? And is it roman numerals? As in 22/8=2??? [/quote]Any of those lines consititutes a line. So the two lines in X each constitue a line, the equal sign lines constitute a line, the division line constitutes a line, etc.

Yes, it is in roman numerals, so it is saying 22/8 = 2.[/COLOR]

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Sakura][COLOR=Navy][B]silver_blade:[/B] My guess is [B]White[/B], because I think it's a Polar Bear since I'm speculating that the person lives at the North Pole, but I don't remember where they live, in the Arctic or Antarctica.

Here's mine:

your right great job

Raiyuu ya sorry I meant up side down not mirrord .Example X up side down is X.ohh and all letters must be in caps for this riddle to work.

heres the riddle of the day enjoy everyone. :D

What's black when you get it,
Red when you use it,
And white when you're all through with it?

Guest D. Resurrected
Wow this is why I love the otaku bourds everyone is so clever and wise.Everyones doing great keep up the good work.just a question everyone should we have a point system to the riddles.if so tell me and will start one on this thread.[If this breaks any otaku rules please tell me]

heres yet another riddle everyone.enjoy :D

A man lives on the 45th floor of an apartment building. On rainy days, he takes the elevator to and from his apartment, but on sunny days, he will take the elevator from his apartment to the lobby but walks up the 45 flights of stairs when he returns home. Why doesn't he just take the elevator all the time?

p.s. must think out side the box,this take a very crazy imagination.

[COLOR=Navy]Ummm I don't really see what the point of a point system would be so I vote to just leave it as it is.

Now, the answer to that riddle is because [B]He's Short[/B]. On rainy days he carries an umbrella so he can press the buttons with it, but on sunny days he can't reach the buttons so he just climbs the stairs.

My riddle is still the same as before:

[B]I can be long. I can be short. I can be grown. I can be cut. I can be bought. I can be painted. I can be bare. I can be eaten. I can be round. I can be square. What am I?[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sakura][COLOR=Navy]
[B]I can be long. I can be short. I can be grown. I can be cut. I can be bought. I can be painted. I can be bare. I can be eaten. I can be round. I can be square. What am I?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
hmm..... Nails? :animesmil

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo]Can nails be eaten? LMAO.. I'm gonna guess for Sakura's riddle that it's a POTATO

Riddle:
There are 3 light bulbs and 3 switches.Light bulbs upstairs and switches downstairs. You can only make 1 trip up and you can't come back down after that. How do you determine which switch is for which light bulb? Oh and you can't use a weapon like a stick or call a fren or something.. It's just you,3 switches, 3 light bulbs and the stairs.

BTW this is a science question.. It can be called a riddle right?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]What's black when you get it,
Red when you use it,
And white when you're all through with it?[/QUOTE]
Is it charcoal?

[quote name='Sakura]Now, the answer to that riddle is because [B]He's Short[/B']. On rainy days he carries an umbrella so he can press the buttons with it, but on sunny days he can't reach the buttons so he just climbs the stairs.[/quote]
But then how does he take the elevator from his apartment to the lobby on sunny days?

[quote name='anime_dark']There are 3 light bulbs and 3 switches.Light bulbs upstairs and switches downstairs. You can only make 1 trip up and you can't come back down after that. How do you determine which switch is for which light bulb? Oh and you can't use a weapon like a stick or call a fren or something.. It's just you,3 switches, 3 light bulbs and the stairs.[/quote]
Is there a floor/ceiling in between the upstairs and downstairs? If not, all you would have to do is look up as you flip the switches. That's probably not the answer, though.

Guest D. Resurrected
Sakura your right on the midget riddle good job keep it up

As for jeebs when the midget doesent have a unbrella he cant yous the elevator l,so he just uses the stair case.

heres another riddle everyone enjoy :D

How many of each type of animal did Moses take on the Ark?

hehehe :catgirl:

[COLOR=Navy]Ah, this is a classic trick question. Moses didn't take [B]ANY[/B] animals on the ark, it was [B]NOAH[/B]!

Oh, lixian got my riddle correct.

[B]Jeebs:[/B] He's short but he can reach the buttons at the bottom, but his apartment is 45 or something, can't remember, so he's not tall enough to reach those buttons.[/COLOR]