OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?

Guest D. Resurrected

[QUOTE][B]sacurasuka said[/B]:Fiiiiire. Feed the flames, they'll live, douse them with water, they go out.[/QUOTE]

Correct again. as for your riddle, they dont bury the survivors.

Cant think of another riddle at the moment. Ah well. I'l post one later.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]A man took a two-day trip on horseback. He did not make any un-necesary stops. It took him [i]exactly[/i] two days. He rode out on Tuesday, and returned on Tuesday.
How is that possible?[/size][/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess that the trip took two days, but the trip back took five days.

Here's one:

Two identical twin sisters each had a glass of the same drink. Each glass also had the same amount of drink and poison in them. One sister drank all of her drink immediately, while the other sister took her time. The sister who drank it immediately lived, while the other one died. Why? (Keep in mind that there was no antidote involved and neither of the sisters had health problems, nor were they immune to the poison.)

[QUOTE=sakurasuka]

A man took a two-day trip on horseback. He did not make any un-necesary stops. It took him [i]exactly[/i] two days. He rode out on Tuesday, and returned on Tuesday.
How is that possible?
[/QUOTE]
The horse's name was Tuesday.

[QUOTE=Jeebs]
Two identical twin sisters each had a glass of the same drink. Each glass also had the same amount of drink and poison in them. One sister drank all of her drink immediately, while the other sister took her time. The sister who drank it immediately lived, while the other one died. Why? (Keep in mind that there was no antidote involved and neither of the sisters had health problems, nor were they immune to the poison.)[/QUOTE]

This may have something to do with the human body. The first one by drinking it all at once her body rejected it and threw it up afterwards before she could digest enough poison to kill her.
While the second sister but taking her time there wasn't enough poison in each swallow for her body to reject it but she eventually had enough poison to kill her.

[QUOTE=shinji172]
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?[/QUOTE]

Meat! You skin the animal throwing away the outside. You cook the meat on the bone. Then you eat the meat and throw away the bone. The inside which was the meat becomes the outside of the bone. The inside layer from the first sentance becomes the outside layer of the second sentance.

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Rezzard]A Cold. Any other microbe as well i suspect.

He is/was the same man. I don't know enough American history so i don't know who he is/was.[/QUOTE]

Correct he is in fact the same man :animesmil

Ok heres another one everyone enjoy

I can not be seen only heard and I will not speak unless spoken to.

What am I?

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Correct he is in fact the same man :animesmil

Ok heres another one everyone enjoy

I can not be seen only heard and I will not speak unless spoken to.

What am I?[/QUOTE]

its an echo , right :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Rezzard]This may have something to do with the human body. The first one by drinking it all at once her body rejected it and threw it up afterwards before she could digest enough poison to kill her.
While the second sister but taking her time there wasn't enough poison in each swallow for her body to reject it but she eventually had enough poison to kill her.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Neither sister threw up.

[COLOR=#004a6f][quote name='Jeebs']Two identical twin sisters each had a glass of the same drink. Each glass also had the same amount of drink and poison in them. One sister drank all of her drink immediately, while the other sister took her time. The sister who drank it immediately lived, while the other one died. Why? (Keep in mind that there was no antidote involved and neither of the sisters had health problems, nor were they immune to the poison.)[/quote]Were there different poisons in the drinks? One that kills and another that doesn't?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rezzard']The horse's name was Tuesday.[/quote]

[size=1]Yay, you got it right [;[/size]

[quote=shinji172]Correct again. as for your riddle, they dont bury the survivors.
[/quote]

[size=1]Yupp, that's right, they don't bury survivors because not only were there none, but you don't bury people who are still alive [: Good job!!

I really can't think of the answer to the drink one, though. I'll have to sleep on that >_>

I''ll edit in just a minute with another riddle, m'kay?[/size]

[QUOTE=Jeebs]I'm going to guess that the trip took two days, but the trip back took five days.

Here's one:

Two identical twin sisters each had a glass of the same drink. Each glass also had the same amount of drink and poison in them. One sister drank all of her drink immediately, while the other sister took her time. The sister who drank it immediately lived, while the other one died. Why? (Keep in mind that there was no antidote involved and neither of the sisters had health problems, nor were they immune to the poison.)[/QUOTE]

The poison is in the ice of their drinks. The first one drank hers quickly so the ice had no time to melt. The second sister drank hers slowly, so the ice melted and released the poison.

[quote name='silver_blade']The poison is in the ice of their drinks. The first one drank hers quickly so the ice had no time to melt. The second sister drank hers slowly, so the ice melted and released the poison.[/quote]
Correct. Good job.

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='trucha']its an echo , right :catgirl:[/quote]

your right great job

ok heres another one enjoy :animesmil

A man was found shot dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard, "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for."Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered?

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

[B]The tape was rewinded. [/B]

Riddle:

At Morning, I walk on four legs.
At Noon, I walk on two legs.
At Dusk, I walk on three legs.

What am I?

(Hope this wasn't already done.)
[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=The Boss][color=darkgreen][size=1]

Riddle:

What am I?

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

A person in the eye of a sphinx. As a baby (the morning) you crawl on four legs. As an adult (noon) they walk on 2 legs and as an elderly person (dusk) they walk with a cane, making up their third leg.

[B]After teaching his class all about roman numerals (X = 10, IX=9 and so on) the teacher asked his class to draw a single continuous line and turn IX into 6. The only stipulation the teacher made was that the pen could not be lifted from the paper until the line was complete. How could this be done?[/B]

Guest D. Resurrected

Riddle:

What am I?

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

good job your right

ok heres another one :animesmil

What won't break if you throw it off the highest building in the world, but will break if you place it in the ocean?

[quote name='D. Resurrected']What won't break if you throw it off the highest building in the world, but will break if you place it in the ocean?[/quote]

[size=1]Gah, is it a tissue? I think so.

There is a word in English Language in which the first two letters signify a male, the first 3 letters signify a female, the first 4 letters signify a great man, and the complete world a great woman, What is the word?

Also-

Can you translate the following in English? -- "YYURYYUBICURYY4ME"[/size]

[quote name='Lord Rannos][B']After teaching his class all about roman numerals (X = 10, IX=9 and so on) the teacher asked his class to draw a single continuous line and turn IX into 6. The only stipulation the teacher made was that the pen could not be lifted from the paper until the line was complete. How could this be done?[/B][/quote]

[SIZE=1]How to make IX into six? [i]easy[/i]! [b]S[/b]IX. Right? An 'S' is a single continuous line!

[:

Edit-

Exactly one of these numbered statements is true: 1. One of these statements is false. 2. Two of these statements are false. 3. Three of these statements are false. 4. Four of these statements are false. 5. Five of these statements are false. Which of the statements is true?

Have fun, this one's easy [;

<3[/SIZE]

[B]#5 is the correct one. If you include the first statement as a statement.[/B]

I am the most important portrait in the world. I am also green. What am I?[/color][/size]

[B]#5 is the correct one. If you include the first statement as a statement.[/B]

I am the most important portrait in the world. I am also green. What am I?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Correct you are, Mister Boss Man!

I'm working on yours, I just seem to be having a little trouble. Hrm. I really do wish I wasn't so stupid, then maybe I could figure some of these out ;P

<3[/size]

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=sakurasuka][size=1]Correct you are, Mister Boss Man!

I'm working on yours, I just seem to be having a little trouble. Hrm. I really do wish I wasn't so stupid, then maybe I could figure some of these out ;P

<3[/size][/QUOTE]

your not stupid at all :animesmil

Did you know that if you live within 5 miles of a cemetary you can't be buried there?
Why?

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]your not stupid at all :animesmil

Did you know that if you live within 5 miles of a cemetary you can't be buried there?
Why?[/QUOTE]

[B]Because you are still alive. You LIVE within five miles of the cemetary.[/B]

The answer to my other riddle is a [B]Dollar[/B]. I'll do a new one.

Out of the the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, which are diviseable by 2?[/color][/size]

Guest D. Resurrected

[B]Because you are still alive. You LIVE within five miles of the cemetary.[/B]

The answer to my other riddle is a [B]Dollar[/B]. I'll do a new one.

Out of the the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, which are diviseable by 2?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

4? :animeswea

heres another one enjoy :animesmil

What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don't want to use it? ;)

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='Sakura][COLOR=Navy]Erm, is it a [B]fishing line/rod[/B']?[/COLOR][/quote]

thats not what I was thinking of ,but that does work good job.I was thinking of a auncher[hope I spelt that right :animeswea ]

ok heres another one

Something very extraordinary happened on the 6th of May, 1978 at 12:34 a.m.
What was it?