OtakuBoards

The OtakuBoards Nifty Fifty of 2005 (Final)

Shy

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I seriously can't believe how kickass the layout for the Nifties are, fairplay to Retri, Delta and everyone else who was involved in creating the finished product. You guys seriously all deserve Nifties for the shite you've been put through to get this finished for everyone else to appreciate, so three cheers for all of you.

Personally I'm still in a state of shock that not only was I nominated by some many great people, but that I actually got a Nifty when honestly there are many more deserving people who spring straight to mind, Jamie/Ezekiel for one. Originally I started up "[I]Interesting, most interesting[/I]" as a kind of tribute to the silver screen's greatest villain in a way that fit OB, then when I continued using it at the start of every thread I reply to it became a kind of habit but took on a new meaning when I saw others use it. In the end I guess like the Mod Rods and Plushies, it's become a small bit of OtakuBoards lore.

Again serious thanks to all of you who nominated me, this really is the greatest honour that can be bestowed on an Oldie like me.[/SIZE]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=trebuchet ms]Wow, it's quite awesome. Congrats to all who won. The graphics that went along with each numerated nifty were awesome, and many were very entertaining. ^^

One thing though. Didn't I say that quote about the Baron Dance and not Doukeshi? Sheesh.[/font]
[indent][size=1][color=darkblue]Edited. My apologies. -Shy[/size][/color][/indent]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082]:triforce: [b]I AM LINK IRL![/b'] Recognize my niftiness! :triforce:[/color][/quote]

I'm disappointed. lol

I thought you were going to link directly to that image. Man, it's been at least a couple years since I've seen that thing. I should really do a new one since my photoshop skills are much better now.

[QUOTE=Charles]I'm disappointed. lol

I thought you were going to link directly to that image. Man, it's been at least a couple years since I've seen that thing. I should really do a new one since my photoshop skills are much better now.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I didn't feel like uploading it before, but if you insist. . . .[/color]

[center][img]http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7838/desbrekolink3gz.jpg[/img][/center]

[SIZE=1]Simply Wow. I didn't even realize this was up yet. Congratulations to the nominations that won. Also, thank you Shy for letting me participate in the comittee, it was definately a rewarding experience. I was glad to see QTK up there even if it might be on the rocks right now. To [b]Retribution[/b] and [b]Delta[/b], the images look so gorgeous. It's simple and yet it looks extremely elegant all at the same time. You guys are amazing and I hope you decide to participate for the next one as well.

I could not help but crack up at Dagger's comment "I'll always love you, even if no one else does" because it simply is true. I see her posting real in-depth conversation in the anime lounge while it seems to be one of the most neglected areas. Kudos to her for putting up with it. I do have to admit, I have spelt Desbreko's name wrong many times before....or is it Debresko? Either way, your name is still one of the most unique out there. [/SIZE]

[size=1]Alright, it's about time I came clean. I'm sure Delta is itching for her fair share of credit by now.

So... all the images that look cool and flashy are hers, whereas all those that look dull and semi-cool are mine. I'm fairly certain that everyone's musing over her images and not my own. Even if that's not a huge deal, I thought I'd at least make it known, since I don't want to silently absorb praise for her work.

:3[/size]

[FONT=Tahoma][color=#555555]Wonderful!

I must say that the Nifty Fifty thread looks amazing this year. The graphics were a very nice touch and the winners certainly deserved the niftyness. So, congratulations to all the nifty people and threads out there. And good job Shy, Delta, and Retribution!

I kind of miss the Otaku Awards, though. :([/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1]I must say, I'm pleased that people enjoyed SYF enough to feel that it deserved mention ^_^. I'm also terribly flattered, but that goes without saying, lol.

Also, I am in love with the SYF graphic. I glanced over it and thought, "wow, that's what I always wanted to do for SYF!" After a while I actually read the information and dates on it and realised that research and such had gone into it. So who was the fan behind it? I would love to [strike]pilfer[/strike] save it for posterity...[/font][/size]

[quote name='White][FONT=Tahoma][color=#555555]I kind of miss the Otaku Awards, though. :([/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

Why? The only ones that would get any recognition would be the staff and whoever happens to be extremely popular at the time.

[COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][b]Liam:[/b] That banner is second only to Adam and Justin's in my favorites list.
I actually had no idea what "SYF" stood for, and since the Search function came up with really sucky leads, I decided to check out your threads. Took me two hours to finally click my way to the first SYF. It must have been one hell of an RPG, chief. Truly nifty.

[b]Shy:[/b] Now you know why it took me so long (2~3 weeks?) to complete them banners.

[b]Trib:[/b] You deserve more credit than you think you do.

BTW, I had fun poring over the 90 posts in the thread [b]Moderation[/b], looking for then-members who are now part of OB's moderating staff. There are [b][url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=634994&postcount=6][color=#FB9900]t[/color][/url]w[url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=643846&postcount=86][COLOR=#FB9900]o[/color][/url][/b] of them. Nifteh.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446][SIZE=1][b]Shy:[/b] Now you know why it took me so long (2~3 weeks?) to complete them banners.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[size=1]Oh, as everyone else here has said, the banners were well worth the wait. I think both you and Retribution did a fantastic job with them, and I don't think I can possibly thank you properly for the hard work you (and everyone else who participated) has put into this.

As for the OtakuAwards: I completely agree with Charles. Moderators were really the only ones who ended up winning anything, and I think James is more than happy with the amount of recognition he receives currently. That kind of bias that went into OA is exactly the reason why I created the Nifty Fifty. I'm sure the system we have now isn't perfect, but it's a whole lot better than what we had.

[i]However[/i], there will be actual member voting in future Otaku Events, so stay tuned for that, true believer!

-Shy[/size]

[color=#9933ff]Oh, well I was wondering why the heck it was taking so long. But, if it was for those banners, I don't mind. THEY were pretty nifty! lol. ^_^

But anyway, THANKS GUYS, MY VOTES TOTALLY DIDN'T COUNT!! Considering that the only people that I nominated that won were Retribution (YESS!), Ken (Deathknight), Solo (yeah well, he BETTER have been on there), and Corey (I love youuu!!). ;P *laughs*

It's too bad Petie wasn't nifty enough. BUT HE'S ALWAYS NIFTY IN MY BOOK. And so is everyone else who posts in the PC forum. I love you guys!

Some of the awards that I liked (besides the ones I nominated for): DebreSko, wrist cutter, charles (I love the quote that goes with it),CHW's crazy fonts (yay CHW, congrats!!! ^__^), and ob members who don't watch anime. *laughs*

Too bad mediocrity of the memberbase wasn't nifty. It makes sense that it wouldn't fly with the committee, but I wish. *shrug*

I would also like to thank Solo for nominating me. ^_~ I'm an oldie (oh yeah!!), so I was technically voted nifty. *snickers* That's cool though. Man, here since V4? heh. But I'm a newbie at heart. *grins* Newbie... and DARN proud of it!! (*huggles all the newbies. I love you guys*)

And one last comment - Whoever did Justin and Adam's banner, I love you. I officially love you. Because, I just wanted to say that the people on that image are so sexy it's unbelievable. But don't you know, every time Justin and Adam step online, they look exactly like that - so sexy!!! AHAHAHA. XD *exits, cackling*[/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]

But anyway, THANKS GUYS, MY VOTES TOTALLY DIDN'T COUNT!! Considering that the only people that I nominated that won were Retribution (YESS!), Ken (Deathknight), Solo (yeah well, he BETTER have been on there), and Corey (I love youuu!!). ;P *laughs*
[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Your votes, plus everyone elses DID count. I personally sifted through everyone's posts to help gather the final 50. Just because you weren't quoted doesn't mean it didn't count. So, simmer down.[/size]

[quote name='Athena][size=1']Your votes, plus everyone elses DID count. I personally sifted through everyone's posts to help gather the final 50. Just because you weren't quoted doesn't mean it didn't count. So, simmer down.[/size][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Now that you mention quotes sweet-pea, I'm quoting for having nominated Lady K, something I am nearly certain I didn't do. [[I]Go to check his Nominations list[/i]]. Yep certain, so someone isn't getting their due credit, so if someone wants to fix that, for the sake of accuracy...

[B][Edit][/b] Just to make the life of whoever decides to change the quote easier, I had a look through the nominations thread and tracked down the quoter, it was JJ.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin][SIZE=1]Now that you mention quotes sweet-pea, I'm quoting for having nominated Lady K, something I am nearly certain I didn't do. [[I]Go to check his Nominations list[/i]]. Yep certain, so someone isn't getting their due credit, so if someone wants to fix that, for the sake of accuracy...
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Who quoted the same nomination doesn't matter. Everyone's votes counted. That's my point. For the sake of accuracy, if quotes were wrong, oh well. It was a simple mistake. But, in regards to "Oh, my vote doesn't count"; that's wrong, it did make a difference in the final 50. That's all I'm saying.[/size]

[quote name='Athena][size=1']Who quoted the same nomination doesn't matter. Everyone's votes counted. That's my point. For the sake of accuracy, if quotes were wrong, oh well. It was a simple mistake. But, in regards to "Oh, my vote doesn't count"; that's wrong, it did make a difference in the final 50. That's all I'm saying.[/size][/quote]
[color=#9933ff]Jezus, chill out. You're acting so uptight. I even made a winking face, AND I laughed. Semi-sarcasm, hi?

I'm disappointed that some of my nominations didn't make it, and that was what I meant by my votes not counting, but four of them were included in the final, and I do realize that yeah, I was represented (in some perceived-weird way).

And by the way, I also wasn't aware that you even counted votes, so how was I to know that you went on a numerical system? When nifty fifty was first introduced, the explanation made it sound like you guys looked over the list of what was nominated, and decided for yourself which fifty best represented OB, as a more... qualitative group than quantitative. I just assumed that you all coordinated your opinions over PMs and e-mails and stuff. No one ever told me [i]counting[/i] was involved.

It's just really disheartening that you took my post that way, because I wasn't really mad at anyone. And in some ways, you act like I was personally attacking you, and for the record, I just wanted to let you know, I wasn't (so chillax, chica. ^_~). This means I'll have to try to convey my illogical-humor better in the future, or perhaps not go there in the future.

*waves merrily*
~Rox =D[/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]Jezus, chill out. You're acting so uptight. I even made a winking face, AND I laughed. Semi-sarcasm, hi?

I'm disappointed that some of my nominations didn't make it, and that was what I meant by my votes not counting, but four of them were included in the final, and I do realize that yeah, I was represented (in some perceived-weird way).

And by the way, I also wasn't aware that you even counted votes, so how was I to know that you went on a numerical system? When nifty fifty was first introduced, the explanation made it sound like you guys looked over the list of what was nominated, and decided for yourself which fifty best represented OB, as a more... qualitative group than quantitative. I just assumed that you all coordinated your opinions over PMs and e-mails and stuff. No one ever told me [i]counting[/i] was involved.

It's just really disheartening that you took my post that way, because I wasn't really mad at anyone. And in some ways, you act like I was personally attacking you, and for the record, I just wanted to let you know, I wasn't (so chillax, chica. ^_~). This means I'll have to try to convey my illogical-humor better in the future, or perhaps not go there in the future.

*waves merrily*
~Rox =D[/color][/QUOTE]

There's no need to bite people's heads off because you voted for crappy people, Roxie. Calm down.

[quote name='Charles']There's no reason to bite people's heads off because you voted for crappy people, Roxie. Calm down.[/quote]

[size=1]'nough said. I'll stop there before I [i]really[/i] get uptight.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I just finished looking through all of the results and nominations, since I haven't been here in ages. All I can say is that I had a smile on my face the entire time. Thanks for the Oldie award. I appreciate it.

Anyways, congrats to those that won. Especially those that I will not mention, but you know who you are.

I can't wait till next year.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']No matter who wins, the drama afterwards is always the best part of these events.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Tahoma][color=#555555]Indeed.

Ack, I've now thought of two more people I would have liked to nominated. It's a shame the Art Pad Picture Chain didn't get on aswell. :/[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Now that you mention quotes sweet-pea, I'm quoting for having nominated Lady K, something I am nearly certain I didn't do.[/SIZE][/quote]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Is that your subtle way of saying you don't love me? :P

Anyway, it took me a while to actually post here, but thanks for considering me nifty, even if I don't think I am myself, heh.[/color][/size]