OtakuBoards

Beginning of Ends [M-LSV]

Random

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Alright, this is the underground where all questions, comments, concerns, etc. are to be voiced. Try to keep comments here rather than in the actual RP. Also, this is not only for the RPers, but also for the readers. Feel free to make comments, suggestions, whatever.

Now, before you all post, this is what I'd like:

First, noone has their "powers" or weapons as of yet...don't worry, soon though. After everyone has at least one post in, I'll set the stage for that. Also, the "cataclysm" hasn't happened yet, so don't include that into your posts...I'll do that part myself, and let everyone else put in their own version of what happened right after.

Not everyone has to be in the same area. In fact, it's better if not everyone's together at the beginning. Feel free to make up names of towns, continents, etc., but be sure to put a little bit of a discription here, as well as approx. how far it is away from other cities, etc.

For now, that's it. Have fun with this, guys, and the cataclysm will be starting soon.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Before I start my post. I think everyone should [I]ATLEAST [/I]scan through my writing sample. I know it is probably a little late for it, but I thought what the heck, I have time to do it.
And it's also what I will label to be Part A of my post.

I've also added some extra info on my character as well. Also posted in my post in the recruitment thread.

[B]Extra Info:[/B]
+ He has a daughter named Psyche, whom he was seperated from. And he will constantly relate about everything to her. Possibly making the others sick hearing about her.
+ He admires Kay greatly, but only as a companion/friend. He tends to talk to her about his problems, if any do occur.(I hope it's okay with you Illusion. PM me if it's not.)

I have no idea who else I can relate too. If someone's up for it. Go for it.
Also I might be a little, rusty. For I haven't RPed in months. So forgive constant grammar mistakes, and other.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Since noone has done it yet I figured we will need to refer to the sign ups for others characters personality traits, abilities, etcetera I will post a link to the sign up. Otherwise the page will drop to previous pages and be very hard to find.

[url]http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52305[/url]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Oh? That sounds like a good idea...I could reveal my Seishirou's dark pasts there too.

Thx Heartless Me, btw I'm a little sleepy now. I'll write it as soon as I get the chance. :animesmil

EDIT: Just wanna say that I had something to add about my Seishirou, but I got to go now so....maybe later.....[/FONT]

Heys...sorry for taking so long...internet is a hard thing to find nowadays.

Anyways, I havn't read the story yet, but I will right after I finish typing this. Raphael, if you want to, you can go ahead and write a back-story as your first post, if you want, but it's not necessary...it's only if you want to. Make the story your own.

Well, that's about it from me. Have fun, everyone!

~Ex

EDIT: Well, I've read it, and it's looking good so far. Once again, after everyone has posted once, I'll put up the beginning scene of the Cataclysm.

Also, once everyone has posted, I'll put up a "Journal" of sorts. This will be the place where everyone can see exactly where everyone is, who they're with, what mission they're on, etc. The point of this is to keep everyone up-to-date, and I won't be the only one doing this. Linkk and Illusion are two that I've asked to help me with this.

'Till then, Ecstasy out!

I say let's get the cataclysm going, Ecstasy. People will post more once things start happening. That's what always happens. And besides, I'm probably not the only one who's tired of waiting. So let's get this cataclysm going, all right? Oh, and please PM me with anything you want me to do, or any information that I might find useful.

I'm sure he'll get things going soon. But you don't have to wait for it to post. Although I guess it'll pick up but things need to happen first before as well. So just hang tight. Whatever you can add to the story before the catalysm will help too.After all the catalysm happen during the story it's not waht starts the story off.
I talked to Ecstacy he will try and have it posted by saturday so please just hang tight. As well keep it so we are all on the same day ( it's day as of now) Catalysm will happen at night so stay on the day. On another note I changed my first post as the one I had didn't work so I re did it. Sorry for any confusion and inconvience!

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I've posted the Cataclysm...it's not as "grand" as I wanted it to be, but everyone wanted to get it done and over with, so there you have it.

Takuya, the answer to your question is in the first paragraph, but I'll put them here anyways:

Nox ~ The Arc God
Artime ~ The God of Balance, Justice, and Art
Ninyata ~ The Goddess of Wisdom, Power, and Love
Selestiae ~ The Goddess of Magic, Psyc, and the Elements

Hope this is okay about Selestiae, Takuya...it fits with your sign-up, as much as it can.

So, now, about the Cataclysm. IT HAPPENED! Er...duh. Anyways, I don't want everyone to experience the same type of destruction, so let's try to keep it varied. If you know that there are other characters around you, include them in your post and PM them to let them know you did. Also, for most of the characters, most of us don't have weapons yet...I don't mind if you include the "finding" of your weapon in the post, but don't make it all "suddenly, out of the water came a big sword, I grabbed it and calmed the tsunami" or anything.

Also, by my next post, I'd like it if most of the "good" characters would be all in the same town, if possible. Not everyone has to, but it'll make things go by smoother and not be so confusing.

Also, make sure you read [I]ALL[/I] the other posts before you post! This is crutial, and in other RP's, as I've experienced, if you don't it leads to characters being left behind, and most often leaving the story.

For those of you in the school, it's located in Niffleheim.

Anyways, any other questions, post away or PM me.

(Takuya, I'll PM you regarding some develpements)
~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think that's quite good, Ecstasy. Certainly much better than what I was expecting you to have Selestiae be the goddess of (which was stuff like chaos and destruction).

Oh, and I'm sorry if you felt that I was pressuring you into rushing the cataclysm. I just didn't want you to wait too long. I've learned from experience that if it takes too long for an RPG's opening event (the cataclysm, in this case) to occur, people lose interest. I just didn't want that to happen to this RPG.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Thx, Takuya. I was hoping to keep away from the totally unorigional "goddess of destruction, calamity, destrucion, blah-blah-blah" whateverness. (gotta love being tired...lol)

Also, f.y.i., there is an NPC named Katie...her alignment as of right now is undecided, but for those of you who feel the need to, feel free to use her in your posts...just make sure that you keep in line with any other post she's involved in.

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Takuya, you did an [i]amazing[/i] job...wow.

The idea of Katie being one of your followers was actually what I had in mind, but I thought that I'd let other people give their two cents. So, it's decided: Katie is now under Takuya's supervision. Any questions anyone has about her, please direct them directly to him.

Now, there's something that I should have mentioned earlier: wait to post until [i]at least[/i] two people have posted...thx.

Takuya, I'll PM you the details concerning Selestiae.

~Ex

Guest blooming
name:ishigo konoha
appearance:long blond hair that flows down to her feet and wears a hot pink dress but when she has to go on a mission she wears pink sweat pants and a pink sweat shirt.
personality:cold,distant,mature and she also can be nice caring and friendly
extra information:she has 2 brothers and one of them got killed and the other was taken away from her when she was only 5 years old+she has great power that she only gets when shes 15 and she is 14 right now
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i hope thats ok!im sorry if it isnt and i dont blame you if you dont let me into this thing

[quote name='Takuya']I'm probably going to end up using this Katie person as one of Selestiae's followers. I'll try and do some stuff with her in my next post. Until then, I'd appreciate it if we could keep mentions of her to a minimum (just maybe say that she's there so that people don't forget about her).[/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Would she be another fighter for our faction? Or she would simply just helping us from back stage?

And....who's gonna control her? And I mean direct control...[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]First things first.

Katie is now Takuya's character, so everyone treat her as such. He'll gradually show what she's like through his posts, so view her as a "wildcard" per say.

Blooming, sorry but it's too late. Maybe if you sign up for my next RP.

Heartless Me, you did a good job with how Kim got her powers. It give alot of stuff to work with.

Another note, once everyone is near the same area, I'll start the "missions." I haven't thought of anything quite yet, so any ideas are greatly appreciated. Nothing too big, just little things like a character wanting to go find his/her parents, or something along those lines.

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ecstasy][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Navy]Another note, once everyone is near the same area, I'll start the "missions."[/SIZE][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Now, by "everyone," do you mean [i]everyone[/i] everyone or just [i]protagonists[/i] everyone? Because I assume my "mission" is still "recruit the people of the world to the army of Selestiae."[/FONT][/COLOR]

Hah...guess I should have re-stated that.

Your right, Rhym. Only the "good" guys are who I was talking to.

Also, update. The time right now, in the story, is approx. three or four hours to sundown...just so everyone knows. It'll make sense one you read my post.

As for the missions, they will be sorta like the missions in Natruto, in the respect that each group will have a leader, and each group will have a different goal. The teams will be split and decided on who's with who, what each character's goal is, and other things that will make the story more interesting, such as pairing two characters who don't get along, etc.

Any questions, post or PM.

~Ex

Personally, I don't think a 'mission' format will work very well. In my experience, RPGs run that way just don't work out. Yes, the characters should have specific goals, but these goals should fit smoothly into the story. Don't break things up into missions. It hurts the flow of the story, plus people can feel like they're somewhat limited in what they can write. Trust me, I've been there. What you did in your most recent post was good, as it fit smoothly and naturally in the story. It didn't feel like "Okay, this is what you have to do". It felt like the characters were reacting naturally to the situation they found themselves in. That's what you should aim for. If you want some help with doing that, don't hesitate to PM me.

Oh, and please note that Katie's not actually going to be found. I have plans for her. And no, I'm not going to tell you what they are. You'll find out soon enough.

EDIT: Okay, it's all right to include Katie in your posts now. Just remember that she's pretending to know nothing about Selestiae. Nobody suspects a thing, all right?

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Wah, I'm fallen behind....college works gets tougher day by day, sorry guys.... :animeshy:

Anyway, I'd like to ask everybody a question....do my Seishirou's battle costume (the one that I showed on my sign-up)'s too modern and should be changed? If it do, I'll change it soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Hey, just a question for Takuya and Ecstasy: Undead? I was wondering if it would be okay to have zombie-type things in Karnig's army. After all, he made the townsfolk pledge their eternal/undying/words to that effect loyalty to Selestiae, so what if it's [i]literally[/i] undying?

If you're not okay with it, go ahead and tell me. I just think it would add a bigger sense of wrongness about the whole thing, seeing (for instance) a battalion of infantry get struck by a rain of arrows but then pick themselves up again and shamble onwards. Also, the good guys could feel less guilty about fighting Selestiae's army, them being dead already.

But if you don't want THAT much fantasy in your fantasy RP, I totally understand.[/FONT][/COLOR]