OtakuBoards

Beginning of Ends [M-LSV]

Random

Personally, I'm against the idea. It's way too cheesey for my taste. Plus, I just can't see Selestiae doing that. An undead army just isn't her style. And about the guilty feelings part, well, I don't see why we need to make things so black-and-white. What's wrong with adding a little moral ambiguity?

All right, so you have my opinion. I say no undead.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT=Palatino Lintoype] :animesigh, at least you both could had said "Yeah Raph, your character's sucks!" or something like that for answering my question. :animesigh

For the undead idea....I like it :animesmil, it would surely add more battles for the heroes. For the moral ambiguity things we could just use other fighting (such as Ecstasy's Leo vs Katie) :animesmil.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Raphael][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Wah, I'm fallen behind....college works gets tougher day by day, sorry guys.... :animeshy:

Anyway, I'd like to ask everybody a question....do my Seishirou's battle costume (the one that I showed on my sign-up)'s too modern and should be changed? If it do, I'll change it soon.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I don't think it's too modern. After all it's a Final Fantasy style world. That's "modern"
Personally I think it's fine. If you want to change it then you can. But I don't see any problems.

[QUOTE=Raphael][font=Palatino Lintoype] :animesigh, at least you both could had said "Yeah Raph, your character's sucks!" or something like that for answering my question. :animesigh

For the undead idea....I like it :animesmil, it would surely add more battles for the heroes. For the moral ambiguity things we could just use other fighting (such as Ecstasy's Leo vs Katie) :animesmil.[/font][/QUOTE]
There will be plenty of battles for the heroes. I've got quite a few ideas for situations to put them in. There will be plenty of action for the heroes, don't you worry. We don't need undead soldiers for that. And as I said before, I just can't see Selestiae using an undead army. It's not her style.

[QUOTE=Linkk]I don't think it's too modern. After all it's a Final Fantasy style world. That's "modern"
Personally I think it's fine. If you want to change it then you can. But I don't see any problems.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]No, if you guys said it's okay then I won't change it. I just felt a bit strange to see Seishirou wear those funky sunglasses while the others wears an old-style (which is I think fit the story most) clothes and armors......:D. So okay, I won't change it. Thx Linkk :animesmil[/FONT]

[quote name='Takuya']There will be plenty of battles for the heroes. I've got quite a few ideas for situations to put them in. There will be plenty of action for the heroes, don't you worry. We don't need undead soldiers for that. And as I said before, I just can't see Selestiae using an undead army. It's not her style.[/quote]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Ah really? I thought the bad guys would need some minion before they go straight into battle with the good guys. Hence my agreement.

Well, if you already got some idea in store then I guess I go with you Takuya.[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Takuya, you're doing a great job of "overseeing" this thing while I'm not able too. Thanka!

Now, Raphael. If I saw anything wrong with your character, I would have asked you to change it earlier on than this...your character's fine. If you [i]really[/i] want to change it, then go ahead.

As for the undead, I have to agree with Takuya. Although this [i]is[/i] a fantasy RP, undead isn't exactly what I had in mind for enemies. I have to give you credit, Rhym, for saying something.

Everyone, keep up the good work! Suggesting ideas, as Rhym did, will keep everyone interested and hopefully keep this RP going as far as it can.

Now, on to read the story!

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

An idea it could work two ways...or more if you all have ideas too LOL! Ok sop the [B]good[/B] guys are looking for Leo. Now I was thinking that either a few of them or all of them go to Kay's city to check things out. As well as look for food or they could go to Dred's town too. But they will start to discover that things are even more out of wack than they thought. They'kll see the city folk who are followers or made to follow Selestia doing bad things. And of course Katie will have to keep their noses where they don't belong. And she'll still be doing in a way that won't cause suspicion about her... ( I don't know if or when thatwill happen.) And perhapse she can meet her counterparts ( Rhym and Raphael)Each of the characters will also find out info about frinds family pasts and the like along their way.
Ok so that's my idea to get things started towards their goals.
Any ideas please post.

[quote name='Ecstasy][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Now, Raphael. If I saw anything wrong with your character, I would have asked you to change it earlier on than this...your character's fine. If you [i]really[/i] want to change it, then go ahead.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Ow, I should have realized that....sorry...[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Linkk]An idea it could work two ways...or more if you all have ideas too LOL! Ok sop the [B]good[/B] guys are looking for Leo. Now I was thinking that either a few of them or all of them go to Kay's city to check things out. As well as look for food or they could go to Dred's town too. But they will start to discover that things are even more out of wack than they thought. They'kll see the city folk who are followers or made to follow Selestia doing bad things. And of course Katie will have to keep their noses where they don't belong. And she'll still be doing in a way that won't cause suspicion about her... ( I don't know if or when thatwill happen.) And perhapse she can meet her counterparts ( Rhym and Raphael)Each of the characters will also find out info about frinds family pasts and the like along their way.
Ok so that's my idea to get things started towards their goals.
Any ideas please post.[/QUOTE][FONT=Palatino Linotype]In that case, we should have made the good guys made it toward either the city of Auvrung, Jotungrud or Felbinda. It would be the first encounter between the goods and evils. I'm thinking of having the good guys reached the city of Felbinda (or maybe Jotungrud, but I'd rather making the rallying process on Jotungrud swift and easy) while Seishirou rallied it's ppl, and then Seishirou told the ppl to attack them, there we had the kill-or-be-killed kind of choices for the good guys.

The good guys are spreaded right now right? And Katie's not with them. It's kinda possible for them to stray farther than they should be.

I also thought of including the cult (if ppls here read my longest post on the third page of the RPG) which denied the existence of gods to the story (I just included them on my post as a part of Seishirou's past, they could have been extinct now or maybe not, depending on whether you guys want them to be added on the story). Don't know how they'll played their rules though, I'll think about it later.

So what do you guys think?[/FONT]

Well, I think that whatever we do, Leo needs to be found. If the search for him goes on much longer, this will become really boring. So let's find Leo within the next post or two, regroup at the Temple, where Katie's waiting, and then go from there. I don't think too much time should be spent on hunting for supplies. Maybe somebody can post about finding some food and water in what's left of the Temple. But we shouldn't spend too much time on stuff like that, as that can also make an RPG boring (as I know from experience).

About encountering followers of Selestiae, well, maybe if it's just a few people. Remember, the 'good guys' aren't exactly a huge group. They couldn't come anywhere close to taking on an entire city. There's just a few of them. They could fight a similar-sized group of Selestiae's followers (perhaps people on patrol, or something like that), but not a large force.

Oh, and just to make sure this is clear, when followers of Selestiae are attacking the 'good guys', Katie will not hesitate to join the 'good guys' in battle against them. Yes, she's actually serving Selestiae, but in the interest of keeping her true alleigence (sp?) a secret, she will fight followers of Selestiae if they attack, and she will not hesitate before doing so.

[quote name='Takuya']Well, I think that whatever we do, Leo needs to be found. If the search for him goes on much longer, this will become really boring. So let's find Leo within the next post or two, regroup at the Temple, where Katie's waiting, and then go from there. I don't think too much time should be spent on hunting for supplies. Maybe somebody can post about finding some food and water in what's left of the Temple. But we shouldn't spend too much time on stuff like that, as that can also make an RPG boring (as I know from experience).[/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]My idea of the good guys attacked by civilian could have taken place after the good guys had found Leo.[/FONT]

[quote name='Takuya']About encountering followers of Selestiae, well, maybe if it's just a few people. Remember, the 'good guys' aren't exactly a huge group. They couldn't come anywhere close to taking on an entire city. There's just a few of them. They could fight a similar-sized group of Selestiae's followers (perhaps people on patrol, or something like that), but not a large force.[/quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well, they aren't exactly trying to take out an entire city on my idea, it's just that they're accidentally arrived in a city belong to Selestiae and end up fighting the citizen there by the orders of the bad guys. They doesn't have to take out the entire citizen (it's impossible anyway!), they could have been surrounded by the citizen and tried to find a way out without causing too much casualities both on their side and on the citizen's side.

EDIT: My idea, as far as I can see, had two uses. One is as the gods trial toward how ppl would react against odds, in other words, it could be used as an addition to the story. The other is to introduce the bad guys to the good guys.[/FONT]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]OMG stress stress stress. Ok im just here to tell you all that i am still in this rp and will still be posting but just not very frequently soon. i have a week and a halfs worth of tests comming up soon and wont be able to get on as much as i would like.

If i have progressed the story to far in my most recent post let me know people. You said leo needed to be found so i found him :animeswea, people just need to arrive to help get him out of the deep dark hole he fell into. Aggh i should be studying,

Illusion.[/COLOR]

Sounds good everyone. I think it would be good if they the "good guys" do accidentially find themselves in a city run by Selestiae's followers after they get Leo out and regroup with Katie. Ya a mention of finding food was all i had in mind. I didn't mean to have it go on and on lol about them finding it. Don't forget to be reading all the psots since your last one before posting again or else we'll run into problems with the story not connecting.
Things seem on the right track!

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Hey, sorry about this guys, but I'm gonna be gone from Friday to Tuesday, with no chance of posting inbetween those days. Just giving a heads-up, carry on without me.

Takuya, maybe you can temporarily take control of my character?[/FONT][/COLOR]

If the need arises, sure, but I don't think I'll end up having to do that. Karnig's just building up Selestiae's army right now, and that's not something that requires frequent posts. I'm sure there'll be no problem with you being gone for a few days. If there is, I'll post with Karnig.

Oh, and Starwind, you made a mistake in your most recent post. Kay, Quincy, and Kim already found Leo. Quincy and Kim went to get help, but Kay stayed behind. However, your post didn't even mention any of that, and when Kylipso and Dred found Leo, your post said nothing about Kay being there. You should edit your post and correct your mistake.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Good job so far guys! This story's starting to take shape, especially now that Leo's been found.

Now, on to the topic at hand...the next agenda is for everyone to go to Kay and Leo. From there, we'll head towards one of the cities that the "bad" guys are going to try and convert...which one will be up to you guys.

And remember, every travel has bumps, just as the road that is used...*hint hint*

~Ex[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Hey people, just a quick hello before i go study Math :sleepy:

If you all decide to go to different towns (as Takuya sugested in the other thread) Someone take Kay along with you. I dont mind who, you all know how she acts and what not. So yeah, i guess im just asking that someone look after her while im stressing, (like a bunch of other people who also have tests).

Thanks so far for including her in your posts guys ^_^

See ya's next week.

*Illusion.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Argh!, I'm sorry everyone for not posting much. My reasoning is about the same as Illusion's. I've been trying to kick up my grades before the end of the year. I've also been having this major writer's block. And think my posts lack quality.

Back onto the story.

Travelling to another town would be great, though, maybe we could travel to a town with a smith or something. Because, if you haven't noticed... Quincy is weaponless at the moment. His gun was confinscated by the officials that had taken him in. And since, Niffleheim is in ruins, it'd be hard to find that gun.
So,,, Why not have an NPC make a new gun for him and daggers?
But I guess it's up to you guys. I'll just have Quincy search for a smith.

[spoiler]I think when we get more settled, I might have Quincy go off and look for his daughter. Maybe.[/spoiler]

Other than all that. I like how several people are including Quincy in their posts. It's quite relieving to see how my character isn't just there, and transparent. Because then I won't have a hard time getting back into the storyline once I start posting again.

- Ninjah

I'll start posting again in a couple(1-3) days or so.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ninjah][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Argh!, I'm sorry everyone for not posting much. My reasoning is about the same as Illusion's. I've been trying to kick up my grades before the end of the year. I've also been having this major writer's block. And think my posts lack quality.

Back onto the story.

Travelling to another town would be great, though, maybe we could travel to a town with a smith or something. Because, if you haven't noticed... Quincy is weaponless at the moment. His gun was confinscated by the officials that had taken him in. And since, Niffleheim is in ruins, it'd be hard to find that gun.
So,,, Why not have an NPC make a new gun for him and daggers?
But I guess it's up to you guys. I'll just have Quincy search for a smith.

[spoiler]I think when we get more settled, I might have Quincy go off and look for his daughter. Maybe.[/spoiler]

Other than all that. I like how several people are including Quincy in their posts. It's quite relieving to see how my character isn't just there, and transparent. Because then I won't have a hard time getting back into the storyline once I start posting again.

- Ninjah

I'll start posting again in a couple(1-3) days or so.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hey that sounds like a good idea. To go to a city that isn't in ruins. I see no problems. It'll make it that much more interesting too. Perhapse they travel thruogh Nifflehem as well on their way and see a little of what's going on?

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I'm back, everybody! But, as Takuya said, there's not a whole lot going on that needs constant posts with Karnig. I'll post if something important comes up, but until then, just assume that Karnig is building up things. Building up the army of Selestiae, and also building up Aurvung into a formidable fortress city.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well everyone on their way to Dred's valley. Lets have a journey there. Not just on so they walked and eventually came to this valley. Lets make it so things happene along they way...any twits or little thing can happene. This will be interesting too.
So lets have the journey last for a few posts!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Okay, I really gonna apologize to you ppl. I really can't post anything on this RP for about another week, so could someone pls take over my Seishirou for a while?

I've been very busy to make up a story, I really couldn't think of anything.

Sry everyone.[/FONT]

sorry all.. :( but between work ((yeah im that old. :P)) shopping for a new(used) car and getting ready for my brother to get home from prison(TOMMOROW! YAY!! XD) I just haven't had time to post. If someone could take over my C for maybe a week i'll be able to post again thank you all i really appreciate it.