OtakuBoards

Otakuboards Apprentice: Plumber Extraordinaire! Pipe Plaza [E]

Ellerby

[center][img]http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8766/pipeplazacopy4vn.jpg[/img][/center]

[font=Tahoma]This is [B]Pipe Plaza[/B]. The place where all contestants of Otakuboards Apprentice: Plumber Extraordinaire! will post out of character.

You can ask any questions you wish here, and I'll be sure to answer them. Here is the list of current players.

[indent]Beatrix (Sakura)
Waluigi (Jokopoko)
Loto (Dragon Warrior)
Kirby (Rhym)
Mallow (KKC)
Victor Delacroix (Ezekiel)
-----------------------------
Ada Wong (JJ)
Gum (Kitty)
Marth (Ikillion)
James Bond (Illusion)
Conker (Ryoko T.D.C.)
Pikachu (vicky)[/indent]

That's all I can think of. So, go post! :D

[b]P.S.[/b] I expect most of the first task will be done OOC in here. But make sure you post your characters talking in the main thread aswell.[/font]

[COLOR=Navy]How 'bout it people? Let's start brainstorming for a proper name instead of Team Alpha.

My mind's blank at the moment since I'm studying for a test, but I want to hear ideas from the team. If I think of something I'll put it up.

[SIZE=1](Also just thought that someone should post here already XP)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Another good thing to have here is what teams we're on. That way we don't have to constantly flip back and forth between the AS and the AU thread.

[SIZE=3][b][u]The Teams[/b][/u][/SIZE] (for now, at least)

[b]Team Alpha[/b]
Beatrix (Sakura)
Waluigi (Jokopoko)
Loto (Dragon Warrior)
Kirby (Me)
Mallow (KKC)
Victor Delacroix (Ezekiel)

[b]Team Beta[/b]
Ada Wong (JJ)
Wario (Gavin)
Marth (Ikillion
James Bond (Illusion)
Conker (Ryoko T.D.C.)
Pikachu (vicky)

Now, as for team names... I'm totally stumped too. Fresh out of ideas and names, except for ones from Norse mythology, and no one on our team is a Viking. I just read a book on it, so that's why. OH MAN! I totally should've signed up as one of the Lost Vikings, that would've been SWEET![/FONT][/COLOR]

The team should be [b]The Dragon Warriors[/b] XD Just kidding. We could go the way of [u]Anchorman[/u] and be [b]The Knights of Columbus![/b]. Or perhaps the grand name [b]The League of Fantastic Hats[/b] :)

Having said that, I'm sorry I haven't posted yet, White. This week is my busiest week for a long time. I will post early Saturday, though, or if I get the time, tomorrow (Friday) in the afternoon. We'll see :^D

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, it'd be nice if I could get this thing running. Not to pressure anyone or anything... *cough* Gavins *cough*

In all seriousness, if you guys don't have your team names picked by... friday, than I'll be picking them for you. And I won't be to happy about doing that, so they certainly won't be anything to brag about.

[size=1][U]Team Full Bladder[/U] anyone?[/size][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]*reads whites post and rushes to type faster*

We could have something scientific or Latin.

Umm
? bellator : fighting man, warrior.
? miles militis : soldier, warrior, knight.
? phalanx : host, band of warriors.
? proeliator: warrior.

Scold me if I got these wrong?

Team Phalanx!!! Wow sounds?mighty?

Get moving people! I?m sure none of us want to be named Team Full Bladder O_o[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Illusion][SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue] Team Full Bladder O_o[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1].....I think that No is an acceptable answer no?

although I like the name of phalanx ...sounds oddly familiar *cough* Justice City *coughs*

If anything I would rather be that than team Full bladder...So if there are really no Objections then I would go with phalanx. Because when you have a name that cool..you know you are going to win >D

And besides we can't let Dragon Warrior beat us at the get go can we?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I'm afraid at the moment, my Internet time is simply not sufficient to be able to role-play with any kind of consistency which will unfortunately be the case for the next week at least. To be fair to everyone else who has signed up, I'm going to request my Wario character be the first to "get the sack" so to speak, as I just don't have time at the moment to commit to this project.

Again my sincere apologies to White and everyone else for having to drop out.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=55555][FONT=Tahoma]That's alright Gav, I appreciate you notifying me.

It's a good thing this happened when it did and not in the middle, though. So be thankful. As for Wario... well, I have a little plan up my sleeve. You all can keep posting as if every team member has arrived, just don't include Wario (he was uninvited? :().[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1e7628][SIZE=1]Woot! >:3 I thought I was out of this for good. *dancedance* White PMed me, offering me a spot, so here's my sign up.

[B]Name:[/B] Gum

[B]Game:[/B] Jet Grind Radio, Jet Set Radio Future

[B]Portrait:[/B] [url=http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/13512/images/characters_gum.gif]Gum[/url] (Sorry for the crappy quality. x.x If I find a better one, I'll edit it in.)

[B]Experience:[/B] Gum, while lacking in practice of saving damsels in distress, has plenty of experience in saving the day. Not in the conventional way, however. Gum and her fellow GG Rudies are constantly keeping watch over Tokyo-Cho, keeping the crooked cops and other gangs out. She is very athletic and skilled with her blades and spray cans, and she'll have you down and decorated in seconds.

[B]Reason:[/B] Gum became a Rudie for the adrenaline rush of being chased by the cops and just being able to skate around town listening to her headphones. Recently, however, things have been getting boring in Tokyo-Cho, and she's left Beat and the GG's to find new adventure. While skating about, the commercial for OB Apprentice came on the radio, and snagged her interest.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3]A Mushroom, Sir?[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial]
The first task has launched! Basically, you will post your character hitting the block, going to the customer and (possibly failing) selling a coin to the customer. One coin per post. This isn't a counting game, though. The challenge will end April, 3rd where I will add up the total score and post the losing team name.

The five customers you'll be selling to are... (click the name for a picture)

[indent][url=http://smashbrothersonline.com/Bosses/BossPeteyPirahna.jpg][B]Petey Pirahna[/B][/url] - [i]A very intimidating person. Petey Pirahna is very hard to work with, as he almost never changes his mind once he has decided on something.[/i]

[url=http://www.smrpglegacy.com/Nintendo%20Pictures/Super%20Mario%20RPG/render_blooper01.jpg][b]Bloopy[/b][/url] - [i]Bloopy is quite the opposite of Petey. He is a very easy customer and very gulliable.[/i]

[url=http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/images/mparty4/mparty4_shy_guy.jpg][b]Howdy[/b][/url] - [i]Howdy, the ShyGuy, can and can't be a good customer. The only way to get him to buy is by impressing him with either the product, or by yourself.[/i]

[url=http://www.mariomania.net/medias/news/2005/septembre/mlss2_3.jpg][b]Baby Bowser[/b][/url] - [i]Baby B. is one [U]smart[/U] cookie. The only reason he isn't ruling the world is because he likes to copy everything his father does.[/i]

[url=http://www.smrpglegacy.com/Nintendo%20Pictures/Super%20Mario%20RPG/artwork%204.jpg][B]Bowser[/B][/url] - [i]The King of Koopas. This baddie will do anything to help the villains. An advantage to some, a disadvantage to others.[/i][/indent]

There you have it. Remember: you may not always get a Mushroom coin, but no matter what you get, you'll have to try and sell that item. Some of the obstacles you may want to include are Goombas, Thwomps... basic Mario enemies.[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy]Hm, I guess I should have asked this before I posted, but are we doing this one by one, like in my post? Or all together? And are all the customers there at once, or one at a time? If my post is wrong I'll go back and change it. These things just occured to me so I thought I'd ask.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sakura][COLOR=Navy']Hm, I guess I should have asked this before I posted, but are we doing this one by one, like in my post? Or all together? And are all the customers there at once, or one at a time? If my post is wrong I'll go back and change it. These things just occured to me so I thought I'd ask.[/COLOR][/quote][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]This will be very similiar to the Pokemon challenge from OBS (but much shorter). Each post contains your character getting one coin and selling (possibly) it. There is another difference aswell, if I so feel like it (remember I said it wasn't a counting game?), I'll change the score with my ending post depending on quality of posts. So, this is as much quantity as it is quality.

Basically when you get to the top of the stairs, the five customers are lined up and waiting. I'm going to go ahead and add that I'll only allow a maximum of five posts (though I doubt anyone will post five times) per person for this challenge. Once you have sold a coin to someone, you cannot sell it to them again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Illusion][COLOR=Blue']Do we have to sell a coin to each person or stop after one? (forgive me if this was obvious)[/COLOR][/quote]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I'm going to go ahead and add that I'll only allow a maximum of five posts (though I doubt anyone will post five times) per person for this challenge. Once you have sold a coin to someone, you cannot sell it to them again.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Sell one coin to a customer in one post. Any other posts [B]you[/B] write will have to be a different customer.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#1e7628][SIZE=1]Alright. My first post is up! x3 But, unfortunately, I'll be gone Friday through Sunday. I might still have computer access, though, so it's possible that you'll be seeing another post from me. But I'm not positive.

Lets hope Team B wins! :'D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My goodness everyone has to go all of a sudden, I am suppose to be sleeping but.. I can be a ninja like this. Unfortunally I am going to be gone till around sunday with no chance to post.. But..just you wait..till the actualy post comes![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Originally posted by [B]Ikillion[/B]
My goodness everyone has to go all of a sudden[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Weird isnt it?

I too must say that i wont be able to post for a week, This monday comming (the 3rd of april??) anyways i have exams next week for the whole week and wont be able to get to a computer.

Go Team Beta!! *Strikes up marching band*[/COLOR]

[Font=Arial]You all are kidding me aren't you?!

Team B has three known members that're active?!

Looks like I'm actually going to have to post now! XD

And the encouragment from you three was a slap in the face. *pouts* :p

I've had a busy schedule all week too, but thank god for the weekend!

*goes to start his 5 posts that'll pop up one after another, like bunnies*[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][font=tahoma][size=4][b]A Mushroom, Sir?[/b][/size]
[size=4][I]CHALLENGE OVER[/I][/size][/CENTER]

The first challenge of OBA:PE! is now over (see post [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=721610&posted=1#post721610][I]here[/I][/url]). The winners are Team Alpha. So, you guys should get started on a Team Name. If you don't get one by Saturday, I'll pick (a good) one for you (as I want to get the next challenge up by Sunday).

If you can't decide between some names, just ask me to choose one of them or get people to send their vote to me.

As for you, Team Beta.. Unfortunately, you lost. But that's okay! Nobody will be fired since it was a straight reward challenge (luckily for you). Unluckily for you, Bowser ([i]me[/i]) will be creating you a [i]horrible[/i], [i]embarrassing[/i], and [i]stupid[/i] teamname. I'll base it on Team Alpha's name (example: Team Alpha chooses Team Gold Fist, I'll make you Team Copper Kidney).[/font]

[size=1]XD copper kidney!!! I honstly have no (good) ideas for what our name should be, but i'm sure DW can come up with some good ones. League of fantastic hats sounds pretty good to me. hehe[/size]

[COLOR=Navy]I'm the same as before. I am seriously lacking in creativity at the moment so I have no good name ideas. I'm fine to go with anything really as long as it's not too bad XP DW can take a shot at it if he wants, and the others if they have ideas, if not, we'll see White's creation.

Well done team on the Win! ^__^[/COLOR]