OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkblue]Welcome to OtakuBoards, Juice Boy.

In the future, please try to add a bit more to your posts, especially when you're the one starting the thread. What is it about the manga you like? Don't be afraid to get a bit deeper into things. That's what discussion is all about. ^^[/color]

I've been reading bleach for a little over a year now and it's become one of my favorite series'. The story line of Bleach is excellent, it has lots of great action but the series is also filled with some great emotional scenes that really set it apart from most mangas that i've read. But the thing i love most about this series is the sheer amount of detail that Kubotite puts into every little thing in this series. All of the characters (even a majority of the more background characters) develop extremely well as the series progresses and they all have very diverse backgrounds, characteristics, quirks, and even fashion styles. [spoiler]i especially love how each Shinigami's sword is completely unique, and their initial release as well as their ban kai reflects their character as well as their fighting style.[/spoiler]

I love pretty much everything about Bleach except for one thing.... the horrible anime series that spawned following it. After having read the series and being of fan of it for so long, the anime was just a huge let down, it doesn't have the same Kubotite touch that the manga does (mainly because the only role kubotite plays in the production of the anime is playing the voice of Kon). and unfortunately people who have only watched the anime have no idea what they're missing out on.

whatever you think of the series though, with shonen jump promoting it heavily, it's bound to take off. After all, as well as the anime, there are 2 games of the series currently in development and the trading card license has been sold. I don't see why you find the anime so objectionable, but since I haven't read the manga, Ican't really judge it.

I've only seen pictures of the Bleach anime, so I can't say anything about that yet.

I have read the manga though. Only up to volume four, but still. It's a very cool series. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who reads manga.
There's lots of action and drama, like what QuincyArcher said. The characters are very well developed. It's just plain cool!

If you haven't gotten the manga yet, go now! And buy it!

Guest Juice Boy
Yeah! Exactly the story is so awesomely developed and the art is just plain amazing. And my fave part about the manga is that it has a huge sense of humor. Especially the one scene in volume one of the manga where its like "SPECIAL MOVE" and Strawberry just kinda kicks the guy in the face XD. As for the one post, I know you mean well but you cant really expect much from a first time message board user. But anyways, Im kinda glad I actually got some responses to my thread. I just recently bought 4 of the 5 volumes so I have a ton to read @_@. Id say my favorite character so far is probably Strawberry's one sister, Karin, cuz she just kinda pipes in and always never ceases to make me laugh!

~JB

[quote name='misao makamachi']Hello im new to the site :)[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Welcome to OtakuBoards, misao. We're glad to have you, heh. but please avoid posts like that in future- just get straight into the topic and start discussing things. Introductory threads and posts have been avoided at OB for a long time, as they tended to generate a fair amount of spam. People will get to know you as you post.

Be sure to read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?]FAQ[/URL] pages, and if you have any further questions feel free to send a PM.[/COLOR]

Although "Ichigo" is the japanese word for "Strawberry" his name is still Ichigo. Calling him 'Strawberry' just sounds kinda wierd... :confused: As for favorite characters, i would have to say mine is Ishida Uryuu (The Quincy). He's kinda a cool-headed anti-hero and although he's always helping people out he feels that he needs to make an excuse to do it. [spoiler]like in the beginning of volume 7 when he comes to save Rukia, but he brings the grocery bag as an excuse saying "he just happened to be in the area"[/spoiler] I also really like Yachiru and Kenpachi, but they don't have any significant appearances until around Volume 12

Guest Juice Boy
Why am I getting all this crap from the other people about not doing something right all the time, give me a break! Anyways, I think that they should bring the Bleach anime to the US. Its pretty much better than YuYu Hakusho (sorry if that offends you). But they have almost the same plot with ghosts and different spirits. Except Bleach aint so rough around the edges, and has a better sense of humor. I really dont have much else to say. So ill post later on...

~JB

• 4 months later...
wow i should have looked instead of making another thread srry...

well anyways i love bleach among all the animes and mangas i'm currently into i think its my favouite. the art is so unique and the characters all seem to ahve a life of their own. when it wants to be funny its funny. the story is getting so deep now with all these twists. ummmm how do i put the black thing that covers the spoilers?
I love how everyone's soul cutter is so unique. and how everyones story all comes together i love it

well anyways i love renji he is so kool. renji forever GO 6TH DIVISION (wow i said love alot in this post)

I have been reading the manga since it first came out in the US and I love it!! It's one of my favorites! I just ordered Bleach 8 two days ago, and I'm hoping it gets shipped soon - because mail will halt on the 4th of July. I don't wanna wait another day!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Currently read up to chapter 200 in the manga and read some info on chapter 201. All I have to say is that [spoiler]Rukia is getting the kickass coverage she deserves. None of this weak crap anymore we get to see her kick some #$%. Also the third tangent is being none as the Arakaru tangent, but I won't say why.[/spoiler]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Yay just read chatper 201 and might I say..Totally awe inspiring.

[spoiler]It showed us finally the one question that everyone has been wondering about...Does Rukia have a Shikai yet...Obviously the answer was yes but what was it? I forget the name but I remember to call it out she says "Whirl" then something comes out of the back of the sword. Apparently its freezes things but this made me think of a question. If the 10th division captain has the strongest ice/water sword..Then what would that make Rukia's if hers also seems to be Ice?[/spoiler]

Well besides that nothing new to report on for now.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm a Bleach fan. Although I don't download the anime because I don't have that type of computer time, I do download the mangas. I do want to see it in color and such. Guess that's something I can regret, but then again.....

When I downloaded the 1st chapter. My 1st impression about it was that it resembles Yu Yu Hakusho, but has a deeper story. (I am also a fan of YYH) I also thought that it started off a tad bit slow. (action fanatic)

I find the cast enjoyable. It's been a while since I've enjoyed an entire cast of characters. (The last anime I've seen where I've enjoyed the whole cast of characters was Cowboy Bebop) There isn't a character in the story that I really dislike. Well, there is one, Ichimaru.... even though he plays his part well I just hate that grin. For once I just wish he make a frown. Other than that... He's a decent a character as well.

My favorite character(s) are:
Renji
Ichigo
Yoruichi

That's all I can really say until the anime comes to america.

• 4 weeks later...
i was reading the manga i downloaded from the net...it turns out the reason why ichigo is so strong is that his [spoiler]dad is a shikigami as well...woah[/spoiler]

[quote name='Kei1]i was reading the manga i downloaded from the net...[spoiler]it turns out the reason why ichigo is so strong is that his dad is a shikigami as well[/spoiler']...woah[/quote]

Dude use spoiler tags like I've done above. Be glad I've read way past that in the manga but a lot of people are gonna be pissed you haven't used the tags.

Oh and in reference to dagger's comment there have been in fact 2 filler eps so far. The first one was ok but the one with Kon was horrible. Naruto lasted to at least ep75 (that's all I've seen) with only 1 filler and that was a flashback type ep which was the first part of a double ep.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]*twitch twitch* I am wondering...Is there anyone else who actually is keeping up with the manga and really understands what [spoiler]Ikkaku's Bankai really is like? I am talking about the energy thing though[/spoiler] that the lamp looking dragon thing That really got me confused mostly. other than that seeing another bankai was flipping aweosme![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Damn, I'm so behind...

I'm only at the part in the manga where they go into the crazy house in the Soul Society... I argee that it's as good as Naruto, if not better. But I like Ninjas better that Shinigami, though I would be interested in that battle... :cool: [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
I was just reading over chapter 188. And I was wondering...

[spoiler]Has anyone thought about what division was Ichigo's father was the captain of? That is if he was a captain in the 1st place. Urahara stated that he was at the level of a captain but nothing else was really mentioned. So what are your thoughts..... [/spoiler]

Just thought I'd try to make a conversation instead of getting the same "I think bleach is cool and what not"

If I shouldn't be discussing this here please let me know and I'll make a Bleach topic in the manga part of the forum.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=Sting]I was just reading over chapter 188. And I was wondering...

[spoiler]Has anyone thought about what division was Ichigo's father was the captain of? That is if he was a captain in the 1st place. Urahara stated that he was at the level of a captain but nothing else was really mentioned. So what are your thoughts..... [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Well I have my own theory on that.

[spoiler] Well I am pretty sure that his father must be a captain. The captain number that he was. However since Urahara does know of him that means that at one time he must have died to be a Shinigami right? The only way Ichigo was able to becaome a shinigami was through Urahara's shattered shaft. Maby if Ichigo's dad didnt die to become a shinigami in the first place than that is the only way that I can think of for him to be one. Maby he became one to try and save his mothers soul after she was killed by that hollow?

Also I had another theory about how Ichigo and his father are all insanily strong. I remember when Ichigo and Byakuya were fighting right before Ichigo showed him his bankai

[quote name='Byakuya][spoiler'] Even among the four noble houses only one person in several generations would be born with the spritual pressure to surpass all others.[/spoiler][/quote]

Now here all you have to do is put two and two together. Ichigo has insane spirit pressure which has been noted by almost everyone who has fought him. His Father was able to kill Arankaru. Maby the Kurosaki name is a lost noble house? If it was a regular noble house then all the shinigami would have remember Ichigo from his name and there would have been no fight in the first place[/spoiler]

Now with this theory I can see that [spoiler] Ichigo's father was really 100% shinigami and durring some run in the human world found Ichigo's mother and they fell in love. His dad hid his Spirit pressure to prevent the hollows finding his location. Then somehow the shinigami erased the Kurosaki name from being a noble house due to Ichigo's father treachery of loving a human.[/spoiler]

There may be one more thing that also supports this theory as well.

[quote name='Zangetsu][spoiler'] The death god powers destroyed by Kuchiki Byakuya were only the death god powers give to you by Kuchiki Rukia...He failed to see that you have your own death god powers...Your powers, which began to awaken because of Kuchiki Rukia's powers, hid themselves in the depth of your soul the instant before Kuchiki Byakuya's attack.[/spoiler][/quote]

[spoiler]So then I am guessing here that Ichigo is really a human/shinigami getting the shinigami from his father and the human from his mother. Also, according to what byakuya said about there only being a person who's spirit pressure surpasses all other. It could still be Ichigo since if his dad was part of a noble house. Then Ichigo as well would be part of a noble house. Meaning that he had always ben a shinigami from the time that he was born. Only his human half was dominate over his shinigami half.[/spoiler]

and that is my theory on why Ichigo[spoiler] and his father[/spoiler] are freakishly strong, and why Ichigo has a freakishly large reiatsu. :animesigh

If there are any counters to that please feel free to share them. This has been bugging me forever to know the truth.Even though my second theory proves my first one wrong in so many ways.. They are theories after all so it doesnt mean that they are true.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]