OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[SIZE="1"]Well, latest Bleach chapter is out, so I might as well give my thoughts on it.

- Disappointed there's no chapter next week, things are just getting interesting again.

- I'm curious where Aizen's boundless confidence comes from. As powerful as his highest three ranked Espada are, they're facing the Captain-Commander and five other captains. I imagine Yama-jii by himself is a match for the #1, and Ukitake and Kyouraku could probably take #2 and #3 given their supposed status as his best students. This isn't even taking into account the other captain class fighters on Earth, as well as the Vizards who are apparently coming to tear him a new one.

- Is it all just an illusion ? This is one thought going through my mind, despite the realistic look of the situation, Soul Society has now been emptied of it's captains entirely, which would allow Aizen to attack with impunity. Perhaps not entirely likely but still, something which is going through my mind.

- Will Orihime die ? Honestly, I don't know. I'm not even going to speculate, because that last line reminds me so much of Kaien.

- Where are Tatsuki, Mizuiro and Keigo, and what powers will we see from them ? Oddly, this is something I'm disappointed we haven't seen yet, even though it was just a brief mention, it's still something I'd like to see. Of course, I'd also like to see Ryuuken and Isshin fight, but it seems there just aren't enough enemies for that. Oh well.

- How the hell has Yammy survived so long ? Seriously, I have no answer to this question. He's the last surviving Arrancar above Grimmjow, is he just hiding or what ? ^_^ Here's hoping Chad pays him back for their first fight. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Can't believe I haven't posted here since the other chapter.

[quote name='Gavin']- I'm curious where Aizen's boundless confidence comes from. As powerful as his highest three ranked Espada are, they're facing the Captain-Commander and five other captains. I imagine Yama-jii by himself is a match for the #1, and Ukitake and Kyouraku could probably take #2 and #3 given their supposed status as his best students. This isn't even taking into account the other captain class fighters on Earth, as well as the Vizards who are apparently coming to tear him a new one.[/quote]
I'm also curious about this one, but then again, Aizen is Superman without a weakness to kryptonite. I wonder if espada's 5-10 were just expendable pawns compared to the first four, because Aizen's definately not phased by the loss of them.

[quote name='Gavin']- Where are Tatsuki, Mizuiro and Keigo, and what powers will we see from them ? Oddly, this is something I'm disappointed we haven't seen yet, even though it was just a brief mention, it's still something I'd like to see. Of course, I'd also like to see Ryuuken and Isshin fight, but it seems there just aren't enough enemies for that. Oh well.[/quote]
Honestly, until I see it, I just don't think they will have any power. The only one I can see with some form of power is Tatsuki. (which should've been her from the get go instead of Orihime) I cannot see Keigo as a fighter, especially fighting against an espada. Unless they're going to be the ones fighting the lower class hollows (that is if there will be anymore running rampant.)

[quote name='Gavin']- How the hell has Yammy survived so long ? Seriously, I have no answer to this question. He's the last surviving Arrancar above Grimmjow, is he just hiding or what ? ^_^ Here's hoping Chad pays him back for their first fight.[/quote]
Where is Yami? (Wonderguy too) Err... I don't like Chad. I'd actually prefer it if Urahara finished off Yami. (Yami release, Urahara bankai... wishful thinking)[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Anyone else think this week's chapter was a bit, I don't know, lame ? I mean, yeah got the whole teamwork, don't give up on each other vibe when they you know, broke into Hueco Mundo and fought their way towards Orihime, didn't exactly feel they needed to spent an entire chapter re-establishing that.

On the plus side, Renji finally earned back some dignity in killing most of the Exequias in two or three swings, which was nice. That and of course it looks like we're getting into the final showdown between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. I'm debating whether it would be better to cover both sets of fights individually or interspersed with one another, personally I'm thinking the latter for realism and the former for sake of story continuity, heh.

Meh, on with the next chapter.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]After reading all the way up to this point, I've got to say that Kubo, unlike Kishi, is a good enough mangaka that he can afford to have a weak chapter every once in a while. I think this chapter really just serves to get the next one started right at Ulquiorra, so it's kind of just filler.

After getting through all the flashback chapters, Urahara is almost impossible to edge out of my favorite character position. It's impossible not to like the guy.

One small thing I wonder about this series is the pacing, though. It's over 300 chapters in and there have basically only been three chapters. Not only that, but all of them center around Aizen's evil shenanigans and one isn't even done yet.

Of course, when you have a villain so incredibly omnipotent, it's almost replace him with anything more dangerous, so it's probably for the best.[/FONT]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Anyone else think this week's chapter was a bit, I don't know, lame ? I mean, yeah got the whole teamwork, don't give up on each other vibe when they you know, broke into Hueco Mundo and fought their way towards Orihime, didn't exactly feel they needed to spent an entire chapter re-establishing that.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I do agree that the chapter is pretty lame, however, I also agree with Ace as well. I think this chapter was just build up material to get everyone set for Ulquiorra and Ichigo.

Perhaps I'm just underestimating Ichigo, (stupidly, main characters always gets a huge power boost) but I just don't see how he's going to be able to fight Ulquiorra at this point. Unless Kubo is stealing a page from the Saiyans... I don't see what could've changed from the last encounter.

Renji... Can't say that I'm happy to see him again so soon. I actually don't like Renji anymore. But atleast he's not Rukia or Chad.

bah.. Rukia and Chad >_>.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Personally I think giving Ichigo two Espada as nemeses was a bit much for the plot, although the two do represent vastly different challenges to Ichigo. Grimmjow being someone he needed to beat to prove his own strength in combat, while Ulquiorra is the one who represents Ichigo's ability to protect those close to him, obviously then the 4th Espada being the more important to beat from Ichigo's point of view.

That said, I am curious about how Ichigo is going to beat Ulquiorra, I mean though he won against Grimmjow, it was a fairly close battle for the most part. All I imagine Ichigo has going into this fight is again motivation to protect Orihime and probably a better control over his Vizard powers, neither of which suggest a massive power-boost. Of course, he's not had the glowy reiatsu eyes in a while, maybe they'll make a reappearance in this fight.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]It seems as if Kubo might go back and forth between fights.

I was feeling a little giddy seeing that Ulquiorra drew his sword, and then we get the switch off... phooey.

Since when was Yumichika considered an elite?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Since when was Yumichika considered an elite?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Since he beat Hisagi with his released zanpakutou in one move. Plus you know, all those guys in the 11th are monsters when it comes to fighting, Madarame is probably low-Captain-level, so I would imagine Yumichika is a Lieutenant class Shinigami even if he's ranked as 5th.

Honestly did think much of this chapter, a little too much "I will fight you, so let's get the introductions out of the way first", that really only worked in the Madarame/Edorad fight. Seems Kira might have an interesting battle though.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Since he beat Hisagi with his released zanpakutou in one move. Plus you know, all those guys in the 11th are monsters when it comes to fighting, Madarame is probably low-Captain-level, so I would imagine Yumichika is a Lieutenant class Shinigami even if he's ranked as 5th.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]I knew someone would use that lol. Don't get me wrong, Yumichika, at a first glance comes off as one of the thinking types, and even though he beat Hisagi (according to the anime, cheap zanpakuto), I'm still not completely sold about him having the elite status.. But then again power rankings are fairly confusing here, so maybe I shouldn't doubt Yumi too much haha. Afterall, Rukia did manage to tie with an espada, so I suppose that makes her an elite as well?

Now as far as this chapter goes, Yumichika and Cool something were the highlights of the chapter, but then again, Kubo throws comedy into the wrong situations, yet his timing with this stuff is really good and can catch you off guard. (Too bad it don't have that same effect in the anime.)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="Navy"]Now as far as this chapter goes, Yumichika and Cool something were the highlights of the chapter, but then again, Kubo throws comedy into the wrong situations, yet his timing with this stuff is really good and can catch you off guard. (Too bad it don't have that same effect in the anime.)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Admittedly yes, the cat-fight between these two, because it probably can't be called anything else will immensely entertaining hopefully. Of course, it'll be even funnier because these two drama queens will be dead serious about it. Poor Yumi, it's as if Aizen created Cool just to show you a Hollow mirror-version of yourself. [/SIZE]

I didn't really care much for this chapter. There's one thing to throw comedy at random moments, but you cross the line (with me anyway) when the chapter itself is mostly comedy (lame at that, and pointless repeats) and less of anything else.

[size=1]I still don't see Yumichika as an elite[/size]

Outside of Hisagi and Ikkaku, I really don't care to see these other fights with these fraccions. Manga creators really need to learn how to stop sandbaggin and just get to the nitty gritty, or at the very least, get to the more interesting characters... Shinji inc, Urahara or someone. I'd much rather see a Hitsugaya beating over seeing Yumichika and Kira anyday. Like Chad and Ishida, thye're just boring characters.

Poor Hisagi. Possibly a great character out shined by the likes of bad characters (IMO) like Ganju, Hanatarou (can't stand him), Momo, [strike]Rukia[/strike] and even Keigo. We practically know nothing about Hisagi, outside of him being from the 69th district, and is the vice captain of the 9th division. Hopefully he gets more panel time, and we get to see what this guy is made of.

[SIZE="1"]You know, I actually rather enjoyed this chapter. The few lines from Gin about Kira at the start were nice, the way Kubo is developing him as a character, I have to wonder exactly what Aizen holds over Gin to keep him loyal.

As for the cat fight, sure, it was somewhat repetitive, but I was still laughing my *** off at them most of the time. I imagine the fight will be wrapped up next week, given they have a few more to through.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Phenom']Poor Hisagi. Possibly a great character out shined by the likes of bad characters (IMO) like Ganju, Hanatarou (can't stand him), Momo, [strike]Rukia[/strike] and even Keigo. We practically know nothing about Hisagi, outside of him being from the 69th district, and is the vice captain of the 9th division. Hopefully he gets more panel time, and we get to see what this guy is made of.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Admittedly I've never had much interest in Hisagi as a character, he's always just been there in the background like any other regular Shinigami. Relating to development for him though, I assumed that was going to come when Kensei and the other Vizards show up, you know seeing as Kensei was probably Hisagi's inspiration for joining the Gotei 13.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That wasn't so bad. I'm still waiting for him to go back to either Ichigo or Ikkaku, but this was a fun bit of interruption. Kubo may not be the best with pacing, but at least he knows how to make the distractions bearable.

That last panel, though. I mean, I know there needs to be a balance and he already has way too many Rangikus and Yoruichis, but [I]man.[/I] I thought this guy was bad:

[IMG]http://www.1999.co.jp/dbimages/user/hobby/itbig/10064313.jpg[/IMG][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]After reading the spoilers for the latest chapter, I felt this thread needed some love.

OK first off, KOMAMURA IS ****ING AWESOME !!!

*Coughs* Ahem. :animeswea

Seriously, I've always been a fan of the Seventh Division's captain from the moment he entered the manga and he's apparently finally getting some of his dues combat wise. As a character Komamura is probably the only captain who's had no real development over the course of the manga so far (I mean really, he's a giant humanoid wolf and nobody questions it at all) so for him to at least kick some fraccion *** which scared the living daylights out of three lieutenants is nice. Shame this is probably the only battle or development he'll see for another hundred chapters.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Somebody update me! I need to know how things are in Kubo-land. [I]One Piece[/I] has me all wrapped in a bundle of nerves after the latest chapter but I've not been able to find out what's happened recently in [I]Bleach[/I], if anything.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Apparently we're headed back to Hueco Mundo next chapter for the big fight, so get off that lazy backside my friend and just read it, I need someone to talk Bleach with after all. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
A whole month and some change... Feels like it's been forever, but I'm back. (Home and everything... I won't get into the details about that.)

I'm caught up and whatnot, and I like everything that I've seen. Even Kira's been turned into a favorite for me. I am surprised that there haven't been a single glimpse of Ichigo and Ulquiorra.

Hisagi's zanpakuto is, um, interesting.

[SIZE="1"]Nice to see you back Phenom, the thread was getting neglected without you.

Anyway moving on to this week's chapter, seems apparently the top three Espada are finally ready to go to war. Stark is pretty much confirmed as #1 at this point given he's facing both Ukitake and Kyouraku with just his fraccion, hopefully we'll see some bankai action from the two students.

Hitsugaya has completely over-estimated his strength again and decided to take on Halibel, whom I'm personally hoping will kill the little **** rather quickly. I've always hated Hitsugaya and there's no way based on what we've seen so far he can win this fight, and of course Soul Society would finally take a casualty. Still with reinforcements coming he might just get tossed about and rescued.[/SIZE]

I'll be happy as long as Barragan isn't #1, but if Halibel can cut Hitsugaya in half for me that'd be a nice bonus as well. To be honest what I'm most looking forward to is seeing how Haineko, Sougyo no Kotowari, Katen Kyokotsu, Gegetsuburi and Gonryuumaru actually work. (Five points available for anyone that can match the swords to the wielders!) Matsumoto's released twice now, and the others have released once each, and no one has a clue what any of their shikai do!

[quote name='Raiyuu']I'll be happy as long as Barragan isn't #1, but if Halibel can cut Hitsugaya in half for me that'd be a nice bonus as well. To be honest what I'm most looking forward to is seeing how Haineko, Sougyo no Kotowari, Katen Kyokotsu, Gegetsuburi and Gonryuumaru actually work. (Five points available for anyone that can match the swords to the wielders!) Matsumoto's released twice now, and the others have released once each, and no one has a clue what any of their shikai do![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Matsumoto, Ukitake, Kyouraku, Omaeda and Sasakibe. ^_~

But yeah, I'm curious to see what'll happen too. I've always figured that as the 1st Division's second in command Sasakibe should probably be the most powerful fukutaichou so I guess we'll see if that theory holds water soon enough.

Either way I'm glad to see I'm not the only Hitsu-hater here. ^_^[/SIZE]

Good to be back, Gavin.

Raiyuu, Haineko = Matsumoto. I've been told that Haineko was suppose to be similar to Senbonzakura.
Sougyo no Kotowari = Ukitake
Katen Kyokotsu = Shunsui (or is that suppose to be the other way around...)
Gegetsuburi = Maeda (I think)
Gonryuumaru = Vice Captain #1

I don't know, thought I'd take a stab at it without cheating, lol.
[size=1]Gavin beat me to it[/size]

I'd be real upset if Hitsugaya actually defeated Halibel. And while all of this is going on, where is Yami and Wonderweis(sp?)?

[quote name='Phenom']And while all of this is going on, where is Yami and Wonderweis(sp?)?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yami was playing the Hachibi in Naruto, which explains why he's not been around. Apparently he had to drop some weight, lose his mask and grow out his hair for the role, but he says the 8-tailed bijuu was a far better partner than Ulquiorra. Seeing as Killerbee just finished up in Naruto we'll probably see Yami back fairly soon.

As for Wonderweiss, I...don't have a funny comparison to draw there, sorry. :animesmil[/SIZE]

Haha.

Err... even though I'm against Barragan being the #1 espada, I am leaning towards him being #1, especially if he's going to be squaring off against old man Yama.

I like Matsumoto's chances against the fraccions over Hitsugaya's chances against Halibel.

I'm still a little giddy seeing Hisagi and Kira fight though. (Especially Hisagai) I want to see his fight animated. (Then again, I'd probably be disappointed.)

[quote name='Phenom']Err... even though I'm against Barragan being the #1 espada, I am leaning towards him being #1, especially if he's going to be squaring off against old man Yama.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose it's possible but I still have my money down on Stark being the Primera Espada, just because Barragan appears to be facing off against Yama (assuming that he is and not just waiting, like Yama to see how things pan out). It's possible too that Barragan holds the overall command of the Espada but is not the strongest (somewhat similar to the Kenpachi of the Gotei 13 but taken to the next level).

Either way...I just really want to see Halibel kill Hitsugaya, because if she doesn't it ranks his power above Ichigo in Vizard form and that I just refuse to accept because it then completely screws up the power rankings I've worked out. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Either way...I just really want to see Halibel kill Hitsugaya, because if she doesn't it ranks his power above Ichigo in Vizard form and that I just refuse to accept because it then completely screws up the power rankings I've worked out. [/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Poor you.

I really don't see why he's so annoying. He's just a very serious young man. He hasn't done anything particularly obnoxious during the series. Do I detect jealousy much?

Why would it be unrealistic for him to be more powerful than Ichigo anyway? He's been a Shinigami for hundreds of years; personally I'd be more disappointed i Ichigo were to ace absolutely everyone on the first go, much like some other God-Modding manga characters we could care to mention.

Apparently he overtook Ichigo as the #1 favourite character in Bleach a short while ago (but then, I did read that on the internet so it's probably wrong), so I don't think he'd be dying any time soon.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]I really don't see why he's so annoying. He's just a very serious young man. He hasn't done anything particularly obnoxious during the series. Do I detect jealousy much?

Why would it be unrealistic for him to be more powerful than Ichigo anyway? He's been a Shinigami for hundreds of years; personally I'd be more disappointed i Ichigo were to ace absolutely everyone on the first go, much like some other God-Modding manga characters we could care to mention.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Personally, I have nothing against Hitsugaya, and I like his character type. Cold towards most, and observant of what goes on. While he hasn't done much to be obnoxious, he also hasn't done much to warrant such praise, but to each their own.

Hitsugaya being more powerful than Ichigo. I think where Gavin was going with that is that no matter who you see Hitsugaya squaring off against, he's always being thrashed so easily, and Ichigo holding his own against the best of them. (somewhat) At the moment, though, (re-reading chapters to get refreshed) I'm not going to judge anything. The way Kubo and power rankings are, it'd be a little crazy to judge anything. I just don't like Hitsugaya's chances at the moment.