OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[SIZE="1"]I actually have to agree with Solo even though that chimera creature was sort of cool in ripping most of the fuku-taichous new ones I really don't feel the need for Kubo to go through every potential fight in Karakura town at the expense of say Stark/Kyouraku and Ichigo/Ulquiorra.

Sure some of the Fraccion fights were cool but I'd much rather get back to the Espada fights, more specifically the big one back in Hueco Mundo as what we're basically getting at the moment is well disguised filler that's doing nothing to move the plot forward. [/SIZE]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing that garbage with Naruto, I figure we needed some good stuff for a change.

[quote=Danna @ BA]Yama-ji appears

Kira apologizes

Yama-ji: “If you have time to bow your head to me, you should carefully look at the enemy”

Allon screams while its left breast is being held downed

Kira is surprised that it’s still alive.

Yama-ji: “…It hasn’t been punished enough somehow”

Allon ‘s right breast swells while it’s screaming. Yama-ji is going to strike again but his attack is dodged.

Yama-ji: “Just a specter that can’t think of anything but killing others. How pitiful”

“Flowing flame blade, Hitotsume (one-eyed), Nadegiri (killing in one sword sweep)”

Allon’s body is cut into two parts.

Even so, Allon is still alive and only its left part stand up.

“Oh well, you still won’t give up? It’s depressing to kill such a pitiful beast like you many times over”

Allon doesn’t even listen but it attacks him right away.

“I told you to give up, don’t you understand, brat”

Two pages showing Yama-ji swings down his sword and Allon is burned down. Then, next week.[/quote]
Kind of sucks that we get to see some of the things that Old man Yama can do, but close to nothing for Kyoraku. It's still good stuff nevertheless.

[SIZE="1"]Meh I have to admit as cool as it sort of is to see Yama-jii rip Allon the Chimera a new one every few pages it still just feels like well disguised filler to me. Effectively all this creature did was *****-slap about a few lieutenants to show how badass it was and then get absolutely wasted by Yama. Perhaps if Matsumoto croaks or Iba was indeed killed by that cero I'll change my opinion by right now I just want Kubo to move on the something else.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Well, at least there's a clear definition of ability levels here, as opposed to certain other mangas. Imagine if Don Kanonji had taken it out instead >.>; (Although admittedly, that could actually be quite awesome...)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I now repeat my assertion that Kanonji is secretly an ex-Shinigami captain in one of Urahara's gigai by purview of the fact everyone who Ichigo has ever seemed to encounter/train with (I count that as training) has been a Shinigami captain.

Bwahahahaha.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Magus']If Kanoji was an ex-shinigami then what would that make Ururu and Jinta? I'm pretty certain they're leagues above Kanoji. [spoiler]mini-vaizards?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]One fairly popular theory is that Urura and Jinta are [spoiler]gigai/mod-soul combinations like Nemu[/spoiler]. Given the relationship between Urahara and [spoiler]Mayuri[/spoiler] there is plausibility in it.

That said just because Kanonji doesn't display power does not equate to the fact that he has no power, Isshin being the best example here. Heh besides it's just a crack theory, though it would be very cool if it came true.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]That said just because Kanonji doesn't display power does not equate to the fact that he has no power, Isshin being the best example here. Heh besides it's just a crack theory, though it would be very cool if it came true.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Haha, that's just too hard to picture. Kanonji in a shinigami outfit.... I don't know, while I've never pegged Isshin to be a shinigami, it does fit here. Like father like son was the concept here... (or so that's what I believe.) While I can't see Kanonji as a shinigami, I'd see him more being similar to Chad or Orihime.

Very cool for him to be a shinigami.... Err... To each their own. [size=1]Like Omaeda, natural hate for him as well. Can't stand characters who're around just for comic relief.[/size] So excuse me if I find nothing amusing about that guy. I think I'd rather see Ichigo as a quincy before seeing Kanonji as a shinigami.

[quote name='Magus']Haha, that's just too hard to picture. Kanonji in a shinigami outfit.... I don't know, while I've never pegged Isshin to be a shinigami, it does fit here. Like father like son was the concept here... (or so that's what I believe.) While I can't see Kanonji as a shinigami, I'd see him more being similar to Chad or Orihime.

Very cool for him to be a shinigami.... Err... To each their own. [size=1]Like Omaeda, natural hate for him as well. Can't stand characters who're around just for comic relief.[/size] I think I'd rather see Ichigo as a quincy before seeing Kanonji as a shinigami.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
Well when I say "Shinigami" I mean he gets the personality shift away from idiot to serious as Isshin did during his big reveal, man that man was cool in those scenes. Obviously if Kanonji were to be a Shinigami he'd have to be a cool customer with some kind of reason as to why he's now on Earth putting on the facade of a popular entertainer.

You can just imagine him meeting up with Urahara and Isshin after that fight on the rooftop (because fillers don't count) and discussing Ichigo's development.[/SIZE]

Well, I don't have much to say about this chapter seeing how this chapter was literally, that spoiler. I would've thought there'd be more to that chapter, but oh well. With Lillinet being the only fraccion left, I'm glad that there's only one now, and I'm glad that that fight is finally over.

I'm not gonna say he was, but old people boasting (or just talking while fighting unless they're training the pupil.) just don't sit right with me. Maybe it's because I've seen way too many of those old karate movies with the old folk being the villains lol.

So I wonder how these espada fights are gonna go down? Halibel vs Hitsugaya first?

[quote name='Magus']With Lillinet being the only fraccion left, I'm glad that there's only one now[/quote]Bzzt. Wrong. Oh so sorry. Apache, Mila Rose and Sun-Sun may be nearly 'armless (LULZ) but they're still alive and presumably have Resurreccion-form abilities to show us.

[quote name='Gavin']...at the expense of say Stark/Kyouraku and Ichigo/Ulquiorra.[/quote]Who-chigo? I thought Hisagi was the main character. :catgirl:

[quote name='Raiyuu']Bzzt. Wrong. Oh so sorry. Apache, Mila Rose and Sun-Sun may be nearly 'armless (LULZ) but they're still alive and presumably have Resurreccion-form abilities to show us.
[/QUOTE]
Oh snap.... I forgot about them that quick. With that said, are they gonna try to fight Yama, or is he gonna stand aside?

[quote name='Magus']Oh snap.... I forgot about them that quick. With that said, are they gonna try to fight Yama, or is he gonna stand aside?[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
After seeing what happened to Allon I'm going to give them some credit and say they'll beat a hasty retreat, though knowing the old man he couldn't be bothered to deal with trash like that anyway. I imagine Hisagi and Kira will probably go and finish them off.

In reference to that "what's going on with Halibel and Toshirou", I think we all know the little twerp is being played with and will eventually have his backside handed to him in the very near future.

I actually want to see Gin's reaction to Matusmoto's injuries from Allon for some reason, just to see if he does still care.

[[b]Edit with this week's spoilers[/b]]

Well this week's chapter seems to wrap up a few more plots than we expected, Halibel's Fraccion after seeing their chimera formed of feminine gattai wiped out by Yama-jii in a few seconds decide it's a great course of action to attack him...yeah...great plan there... As expected Yama gives a mini-speech and burnates them with extreme prejudice.

Halibel on seeing her Fraccion's get toasted decides to flash Toshirou...in order to reveal she's the 3rd Espada and admits that she's only been toying with him so far. Expect an ***-kicking to follow quite soon.

Cut to Stark and Kyouraku who are still bantering to one another, Kyouraku's pervert senses obviously sensed the naked breasts and the topic of Stark's own position in the hierarchy comes up. Apparently he'd be happier if Stark were #2 to which Stark responds he will have to disappoint whipping of his left glove to reveal the 1 on his palm. Seems my predictions as to the top three were correct after all.

Anyway most importantly next week we're apparently back to Hueco Mundo for the likely final showdown between Strawberry and Emocar. [/SIZE]

So with all this being said, I really do wonder if Lillinet will take Ukitake's advice and just leave. (not likely, but I hope.)

Bah, I was still hoping that Halibel would be #1. Having a woman as the top espada would've been really good. Her being Nel's replacement was obvious, I just didn't want to go along with that for it being so obvious.

Hah, I definately don't see Hitsugaya coming out of this fight the victor. I see him being bailed out by umm.. probably Rose or Love, heck perhaps even Hyori or Riza. (That'd be interesting.)

I'm actually gonna be torn about the next chapters if they're really going back to Hueco Mundo, because ranks were revealed, and I want to see these captains Bankai's, but at the same time I want to see what Ulquiorra is fully capable of.

Edit: Holy cow, that was one of the fastest releases ever. 339 is out.

In any case, Halibel is, um, like Mileena. (Mortal Kombat 2) Well developed body, pretty eyes, take off the mask, and boom.... Hitsugaya went bankai, and the little defensive ball is already broken. Um, yeah, he's done for.

Ichigo is wounded. Look like a shoulder cut... Can't see it, quality is too low. I really want to see Shunsui vs Stark.

Nice chapter.

Boo. I was gunning for Primera Espada Halibel as well. But then, I'm just glad that Old Man "Everyone Call Me Emperor Because My Head Looks A Bit Like A Crown" Barragan isn't number one. Plus, even if Halibel isn't Primera, at least she looks BAD *** with her top off!

I doubt there'll be any more viewpoint flipping until Ichigo whoops Ulquiorra. I can't believe how much there still is to look forward to - Ichigo's fight should be a nice New Year treat, followed up by top Espada fighting Captains whose bankai we've yet to see, hopefully with some Vizard action, and THEN we have to see what Aizen has up his sleeve that lets him stay so cocky inside that fireball...

Also, YEAH! Hitsugaya got OWNED! (AGAIN!) Yamamoto and Komamura are the only Captains that aren't either already engaged in battle, trapped in Hueco Mundo or defectors, so I guess they get to bail him out in the first instance (though I doubt he'll go down completely in that one hit - he'll show some pluck and maybe some new techniques before being overpowered).

[SIZE="1"]Man that was quick, I didn't even think to check to see if the chapter had been released when I posted the spoilers earlier.

Well everything turned out pretty much as was said in the spoilers, seeing Hitsu actually get his *** handed to him was quite a nice bonus. Hali still looks quite hot, even with the mask extending that much over her face.

As for the long awaited fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra and that shoulder wound, well I note Ichigo is not wearing his mask and yet apparently was not instantly killed by the sword-wielding emo, his chances seem to have improved.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu']Plus, even if Halibel isn't Primera, at least she looks BAD *** with her top off![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]O.o

*goes to read*

...Holy crap. That is some crazy censorship.

But yeah, she looks pretty awesome. I've been diggin' Stark's attitude for a while, anyway. He seems like the kind of guy who would be the most powerful, so it makes sense.

That being said, I'm kinda disappointed we're returning to Ichigo now, after that reveal.[/FONT]

Does anyone else get the feeling that KT is issuing challenges to the studio that make the anime? They've been doing some [URL="http://randomc.animeblogger.net:8000/image/Bleach/Bleach%20-%20198%20-%20Large%2016.jpg"][U]pretty weird censorship[/U][/URL] recently, and Halibel's costume has already been toned down in her few appearances so far (I think she's wearing some kind of skintight thingie under her zippy jacket). Now KT gives us buckets and buckets of blood as Allon tears bits off Matsumoto and Yamamoto tears bits off him, and now Halibel's flashing even more skin; it feels to me like "try censoring THAT and retaining the wow factor, idiots".

[SIZE="1"]I don't know, Neliel's outfit during her fight with Nnoitra was pretty skin-tight and revealing and there were no real edits made. Matsumoto's been sticking her jugs into everyone's face since she was introduced without incident either, that said Hali's latest...wardrobe change does go a little beyond the usual, well with the exception of Yoruichi.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]I agree with Gavin. I've only watched an episode or 2 of the Hueco Mundo arc, and I didn't see many things that could've been edited. Nel's scantly clad body was pretty much identical to that of the manga, I think. And from what I've seen on adult swim, I don't recall anything being edited. Blood shown in it's full glory. If anything, that's all the anime is about...

Halibel does up it a bit in terms of editing, but I can still see how it'll be pulled off. More than likely the mask (not her face part) won't be fully shown, with the nipple parts being covered by her shirt/jacket thingy, but enough will be shown so you can see where the 3 is tatooed at. (I think a lot of them models that wears the cowgirl jackets posing with no bra shows what I'm trying to describe with Hali.)[/size]

Finally, 340 is out, and it's about time too. Seem's like it's been forever since a chapter's been released.

In any case, this is like DBZ, sort of lol. Ichigo withstanding a cero from Ulquiorra (looks like from close range) should've put him out of his misery. This just might be an even fight now. Seeing Ulquiorra using a sword just don't look right to me. I'm so use to the guy fighting with his barehands.

Why is Rukia fighting that captain thing that looks like a tree now.. (He's sprouting branches.) Kubo's really trying to push her to be strong as a vice captain when she's a crappy fighter.

[size=1]Now I'm just waiting for One Piece and my week will be completed even though I refuse to bother with a certain pathetic ninja.[/size]

[SIZE="1"]Meh didn't think much of this one to be honest, as Magnus said Rukia trying to take on the leader of what is effectively Hueco Mundo's Second Division stinks of "I think better of myself than reality would dictate sensible" of course she is a Kuchiki, so that kind of arrogance comes with the family.

As for the Saiyan-ification of Ichigo whereby every battle that doesn't kill him (permanently) makes him significantly stronger excuse me while I stifle a yawn. Taking a point blank cero from Ulquiorra with nothing more than a bit of a tear in your clothes, come on Kubo you're better than Kishi to have to pull something like this.

Of course it'll probably be explained that as being part of his Vizard nature being in HM makes him naturally stronger and defeating other semi-hollow creatures increases his strength in a similar way to hollow evolving by consuming one another. At the moment though it reeks of DBZ, not that that's a bad thing I'd just prefer Bleach sticks to being Bleach.[/SIZE]

Ichigo deflected a Cero in the very first arc of Bleach, before he'd even learned to release his sword. More recently we've seen him deflect a Gran Rey Cero - masked, sure, but with very little apparent effort. The only time he's really been damaged by a Cero, he was a) already exhausted from Vizard mode (this being pre-Grimmjow fight, back when he could only hold it for 11 seconds) and b) protecting Nel.

This time he's fresh from an Orihime healing session and giving Ulquiorra his undivided attention. Deflecting a Cero is not that big a deal at his current strength. This is how shounen manga works: everyone gets progressively stronger and techniques that seemed apocalyptically powerful near the beginning can't really cut the mustard any more.