OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

Deflection and withstanding is two entirely different things, sort of :) Thinking from a DBZ perspective, deflecting could probably be the same as withstanding lol.

But in any case, I'm not going to say that the cero was point blank because it's hard to tell. If it's deflection though, then by all means I completely agree with you. However, we have Ulquiorra saying the word "withstanding". (Unless translation is screwed up?) If indeed he just took that cero head-on then that was a pretty huge leap from when he first took on Ulquiorra's cero... (With his mask on.) And that really does say we're taking elements from the Saiyans.

Then again, I think Kubo is another one of those authors that got inspiration from Akira, so "shrugs"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]So does every other Shounen fighting manga based in existence.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
A fair point I suppose, it's just generally when Ichigo's abilities seem to make their next leap it's preceeded by some form of intense training to justify it.
[/SIZE]

Though KT does have a history of not showing us crucial moments - the point where Ichigo defeats Zangetsu and gains Bankai being the main one. I expect next time he DOES need an intensive training mini-arc we'll get some explanation of some things, like the precise reason he can now hold his mask on indefinitely. (I'm fairly sure it's something to do with enjoying the fight for fighting's sake, 'humouring' his inner Hollow, if you like, rather than trying to be all holier-than-thou about fighting to protect all the time ... but it'd be nice to have it confirmed.)

[SIZE="1"]The bankai training is definitely a fair point as well Raiyuu in fact it kinda sucks we never got to see him achieve it for the first time, but then such was the case with Renji as well despite the two of them training in the same area for bankai.

The idea that he may be "humouring" his inner-hollow is an interesting take on his ability to access his hollow powers for longer now without any visible training but does run into the wall of him beating his hollow and apparently suppressing him for good during his Vizard training.

Of course the fact that his inner-hollow and zanpakutou are really just extended parts of himself could mean that in being truer to his own motivations for fighting yields this power more easily. After all it's pretty clear his fights against Grimmjow and Ulquiorra are much more personal than against run of the mill hollow in Hueco Mundo.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu']I expect next time he DOES need an intensive training mini-arc we'll get some explanation of some things, like the precise reason he can now hold his mask on indefinitely.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]That is, if there is a next time. I wouldn't be surprised if we were shown a flashback to when he achieved bankai with Yoruichi giving some sort of information that is crucial to be remembered at an upcoming point in a battle, though. He'll probably be told it'll shorten his lifespan, like every inherent power seems to in manga >.>;[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
tbh honest i think the writer has mentioned urahara's bankai and not revealed it intentionally to get us even more interested, could be because he might have an batlle.. although the ratio between baddie and good guys are in the shinigami's favour... they still have the vizards aswell as urahara and yoruichi... i think that aizen has something planned

the only problem is that the bleach mangaka is such a time wasterhe uses up whole pages unneccasarily it takes 5 chapters before we get into a good fight thats a whole month wasted

also i'm really intreaged with shunsui fighting stark who turn out to be the number 1 espada... tbh honest if anyone could do it, shunsui can he is one of the longest serving captains

about ichigo and ulquiorra.. i couldn't give rats ***

Nobody said anything about Urahara's bankai. However, yes, it was already stated by Urahara himself that he does have bankai. (how did Urahara even come about when nobody mentioned him?)

Err... I think Death Note is the only Shonen type (Yu Yu Hakusho possibly as well.) that hasn't dragged anything out. So to say Kubo is a huge time waster is stating the obvious. Kishi's done it, and God knows Oda does it. (Punishing folks with the long flashbacks.)

Shunsui vs Stark.... I'll just say I want to see the fight. We don't know what Shunsui or Stark is capable of.

Future references... Please work on your grammar, D4wood. It's hard trying to read run-on sentences. (And what is tbh?)

tbh = to be honest

the flashbacks that oda uses aren't a waste of time we learn the history of the character's which is relavent to the story and gives more emfasis to a certain... the bleach mangaka however uses up whole pages on one massive drawing and he doesn't just do it one he does it several times in a single manga... which slows down the story.. this is very annoying especially if you wanna see a good fight

ohh and my grammar is bad intentionally...

[quote name='d4wood']ohh and my grammar is bad intentionally...[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Then d4wood I'd ask you to please exercise your knowledge of grammar and spelling here on OtakuBoards because we have a minimum level of grammar and spelling correctness that is expect to be used.
[/SIZE]

[quote=Annie @ Bleach Asylum][size=1][spoiler]Bleach 341: The envy

Continues from the last chapter, a scene cuts to the dark hallway toward the five towers, Loli and Menoli were running up the stairs ignoring the noises coming from above the tower. In fact, it?s Loli who was yelling at Menoli who was looking afraid to hurry up. Menoli says they should leave Orihime alone and earned a slap from Loli.

?You heard what Aizen sama just said. This is our chance, the only chance we have to bring that ***** down!? Said an envious Loli who has a flashback of Orihime and continues her way to the tower.

A scene cuts to Ichigo and Ulquiorra. Ichigo was able to read all of Ulquiorra?s movements. Ulquiorra?s style doesn?t change despite using a sword. Once Ichigo had a chance, he grabbed Ulquiorra?s wrist and hit his chest. But it only results Ulquiorra to lose his balance and his shirt got cut showing a hollow hole and number 4 tattoo with a scratch on his chest.

?I couldn?t completely cut you. This hieiro is like steel.? Mused Ichigo but Ulquiorra ignored him.

?Anyway, I think I can read all of your movements now.?

Ichigo?s words caught Ulquiorra?s attention, ?What??

?When I first fought you I couldn?t read your movement at all. The attacks, defense, speed, reflect or even the direction, I could read none. It was like fighting with a machine or a stone.? Ichigo had flashback of when he lost to Ulquiorra then continued,

?For me to be able to read your movements is either because I am similar to the hollow or you are similar to the humans.?

At that moment Ulquiorra stabbed his sword on the ground and broke it into two (the ground not the sword).

?Me?.similar to you human?? His eyes still showed no emotion contrary to his action earlier.

?Oh?just able to catch up a little must have made you feel good.? Then some sort of energy flowed from Ulquiorra and it made Ichigo froze. Ulquiorra then disappeared from from his position and appeared above Ichigo. He managed to dodge but once Ichigo touched the ground Ulquiorra appeared from behind and when he?s about to stab Ichigo a shield appeared between them and got destroyed right away.

Ulquiorra stood still ignoring Ichigo who is taking this opportunity to get away. He lowered his sword and turned back to where the shield came from.

Orihime stared right at Ulquiorra responding to his empty eyes with her determined ones.[/spoiler][/size][/quote]
You might as well say the chapter is out. There are scans with it that looks like it can cover the whole chapter, but it's 8 pages...

In any case, my only gripe with this chapter is the interference of Orihime. Out of all the chances she had to interfere with the fights, she chose to do so in this one. This fight between Ichigo and Ulquiorra is equivalent to Ichigo and Byakuya. With her interfering it shows that Ichigo is weaker than Ulquiorra. (That's how I'm taking it at the moment.)

The chapter still looks like it's gonna be pretty good though.

[SIZE="1"]I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw how this fight mirrors that against Byakuya back at the end of the Soul Society arc. Seriously the "I've got your style all figured out" comment was identical to a similar line he jeered at the Sixth Division Captain at the beginning of their fight.

That said I'd love to know how Ichigo has Ulquiorra's moves all figured out from a grand total of a one-handed Getsuga Tenshou block, a stab through the chest and his past five minutes of fighting. It's not like he had one of Ulquiorra's teachers coaching him for the past 2 weeks and an even enough fight before their final face-off.

Now that said it is known Ichigo is a phenominally quick study (as is the case with every Shounen protagonist) so it's not completely unreasonable that he could accurately fill-in the missing pieces of Ulquiorra's style from similarities to the styles of others he's fought and defeated.

As for Orihime's "interference" in the fight I'm not too bothered by, it beats her standing there like an idiot/statue as she normally does.

Most epic thing about this chapter is Ulquiorra's first expression of emotion, even if it didn't actually show on his face from being called "more human". How I lol'd.[/SIZE]

No, no, in a highly anticipated fight like this, interference is unacceptable, for me that is. This fight's been building up since Ulquiorra's first appearance, and even though it was for a split second or 2, Ichigo and Ulquiorra seemed like they were on even grounds. (until Ichigo's little human comparison XD) This better not turn into a 2-on-1 fight. Then again, with them 2 girly-girls (forgot their names) on the way, people may actually see Orihime fighting... "shrugs" I can live without it though.

I wouldn't say Ichigo has Ulquiorra figured out completely, but I would imagine that he should be able to keep up with him now. Grimmjow wasn't exactly a walk in the park when it came to speed seeing how he was able to keep up with Ulquiorra. And let's not forget that Ichigo is a martial artist. (He's stupid for not using it though.. He keeps getting pounded by kicks and punches... If anything, I wonder how he suddenly was able to use a sword?) He just couldn't keep up with Ulquiorra, (or Grimmjow and Byakuya) and he was stupid for trying to fight 2 espada back to back without healing.

[SIZE="1"]Well this week's spoilers are out and as predicted the two Hime-hating arrancar make good on their promise to attack Inoue, though apparently they only get as far as ripping her clothing. Ichigo goes to assist but is promptly intercepted by Ulquiorra leading one to wonder just how badly Loli and Menoli are going to get killed this time.

Oh and more importantly than anything else Yammy is back, apparently he'd been hiding inside a wall all along. And seeing as positions within the Espada have opened up significantly I guess that makes him the new 6th Espada technically, Grimmjow having achieved a promotion to the 5th spot.[/SIZE]

Yami hiding inside a wall... Hm... On second thought, I'm gonna leave that alone.

I can already see these silly little pervs that get off on seeing cartoon girls/woman fan-gazing over the thought of hearing that Orihime's clothes being torn. (Anime/manga fans really know how to piss me off lol)

As far as that espada ranking go, I'm not so certain that's how that would go... If it were like that then Zomari would've been the new 6 Espada when Grimmjow was removed the first time. [size=1]How in the world did Lupi/Rupee even get that spot in the first place? Aizen not as smart as he thinks...?[/size]

As if we needed any more proof that Inoue should not be placed in a battlefield situation ... she can't even take on the Lolicars.

I enjoyed the new Getsuga Tenshou variation, though. Now, I wonder why Ichigo hasn't pulled out his mask straight away in an effort to defeat Ulquiorra as quickly as possible, like the last time they fought?

[COLOR=#503F86]They really didn't tear her clothes that much. It hardly seems worth shouting about, heh.

I'm still annoyed that Inoue can't really do anything, though. She's had plenty of time to strengthen herself mentally against Aizen's confinement. Presumably she's just twiddled her thumbs the whole time she's been sat up there >.>;[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]They really didn't tear her clothes that much. It hardly seems worth shouting about, heh.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I realize that now after seeing the chapter. Reading spoilers with no pictures, one can only imagine what's being ripped. But as you said, it's not worth mentioning now.

I don't have much to say about Orihime. As I've said before, I can live without seeing Orihime. Possibly the nicest character in the story, but unfortunately, I've never been a fan of damsels.

[color=green]Err... That's suppose to mean something?

Spoilers on a Tuesday... wow.

Judging from the pics, [spoiler]Yammy fights off the two girly-girls, and then Uryuu shows up, and looks like he takes Yammy out..[/spoiler] (I'll remove tags once chapter is out.)

Hm.. Interesting. While I don't care for Ishida, I was beginning to wonder where did he float off to as well.[/color]

[color=green]So Yammy was in recovery all this time... I swear that fight seemed like it was ages ago..

I don't really care for this chapter. Yammy did make me laugh with the "You're a slut" comment. But other than that.. Nothing.

Ishida placing some sort of land mine has me baffled. Did he place the mine under on the ceiling beneath the floor they're on and run back out the door and then jumped up to that hole in the wall, or did he magically throw the mine when Yammy tossed what's her name through the wall?[/color]

[SIZE="1"]I have to agree with Magus, this week's chapter was pretty uninteresting overall. The fact that Yammy is still acting like he's God-damned invincible after the next five guys ranked higher than him have been killed/badly beaten is a bit of a joke. Though I don't think Mayuri's mine killed him (because you just know he loves ****ing with that Quincy) and more than likely we'll be forced to watch Ishida and Orihime team up to take down the 10th Espada, which hopefully will take up less than one page of the manga so we can focus on the real fight.

On a side note the shippers are probably going crazy over this.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]URYU X YAMMY!!!!

Ahahaha, great. I kill myself now.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]>_<

Someone please get my a power-drill so I may purge that mental image now. Matsumoto playing volleyball with Kuukaku, Yoruichi and Orihime...Matsumoto playing volleyball with Kuukaku, Yoruichi and Orihime...Matsumoto playing volleyball with Kuukaku, Yoruichi and Orihime...Oh God it's not working. >_<[/size]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]URYU X YAMMY!!!!

Ahahaha, great. I kill myself now.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You need to be shot for putting that type of image in my head.

I'm pretty certain that mine didn't kill Yammy. That'd be a lame way for an espada to go out. We also have to see him release.

The mine will probably goad him into releasing so Ishida can own him and make up for his shameful display of ineptitude against Espada #8. Though I'm as confused as everyone else about when he planted it, considering Ulquiorra's been standing in that tower since Aizen and company left for the living world, and Aizen and company were there in person before that. From the spoilers I thought he'd pulled off a high-speed Sprenger.

I wonder if Ishida turning up will give us some idea of what Kurotsuchi found in Szayel's cupboard? Also, whut? Kurotsuchi's turned arms-dealer to a guy he doesn't even consider worth dissecting?