OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
[b][size=1]Bah, sorry for the negativity that I'm about to, once again, bring to the topic. But then again, I don't really have negative thoughts about Bleach. Just minor nitpicks. Perhaps it's just that time for me to put Bleach to the side for a little bit. (Skip out on a couple of chapters, you know?)

I just can't get that "wow" feeling anymore, especially after reading chapter 246. [spoiler]The return of Renji and Rukia.[/spoiler] I'm thinking they're return was a little too soon. Those arrancars (sp?) are there for comic relief.... Ok, haha. Yeah, they played their parts, but really, it seems like they're repeating the story now. [spoiler]Minus the kidnapping of Hanatorou.[/spoiler]

Is it just me or did [spoiler]Rukia[/spoiler] get taller? Or has she always been that tall?[/size][/b]

• 1 month later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]Been a whole 2 months and nothing.

Anyways, I have a question about Ichigo. Shouldn't he [spoiler]be able to use the hollows mask[/spoiler] without turning into a shinigami? I mean Shinji inc. can use [spoiler]their masks[/spoiler] and they're not even shinigami's. More than likely I am missing something here.[/color][/size]

[color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Yeah you kinda are >.>;

The thing is that the whole group of Visored [spoiler]are shinigami, its just that since they were kinda kicked out or abandoned or whatever you want to call it from soul society that they don't wear the get up.[/spoiler]

Plus you can't tell me that Ichigo wouldn't look more badass in his bankai form than his usual school outfit.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][color=#d2b43b][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Plus you can't tell me that Ichigo wouldn't look more badass in his bankai form than his usual school outfit.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=darkblue]LOL. Well, you never know unless you see it. XD (but I agree)

I get what you're saying. It's just that it's bringing more questions, but I'll re-read for the answers. Gotta play catch up anyway.[/size][/color]

It's staying good I liked how [spoiler]The Great Doldorni went down very flashy he definitely had style.[/spoiler] Chapter 255 was good as well with the introduction of[spoiler] Zaelapollo he seems interesting enough and you have to wonder what data he is collecting.[/spoiler]

I am worried for the group though as [spoiler]Aizen is not thinking too much of their attempt so far he was hoping they'd be more impressive. Got to wonder if he plans on trying to turn Ichigo into one of his minions somewhere down the line when he gets strong enough.[/spoiler]

• 4 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Haven't been catching up on BLEACH manga, but I did today. [spoiler] I do also wonder if Aizen will ask Ichigo to join him, cause I?m sure he already knows that Hirako and his crew have been helping Ichigo control that hollow. But I?m pretty sure, Ichigo will say no XD Also I was kinda surprised that the item Ishida held, the Quincy sword, was from Urahara, I thought he had gained it with his returned Quincy powers. [/spoiler]

Also, We haven't seen much of Soul Society, anyone curious to what's going on besides preparing for war? Or predictions..[/SIZE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Actually, Uryuu sneakily 'liberated' the [spoiler]Seele Schneider[/spoiler] from his father's storeroom at the hospital, with the help of [spoiler]Urahara's handy ability to open doors through walls[/spoiler].[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[color=dimgray] [b]Bleach chapter 262-[/b] highlight to see spoilers:[/color]

[color=#EDEDED][size=6][b]KAIEN. 9TH. ESPADA.[/b][/SIZE]

So excited, love Hime, love twist, love how Bleach manga is totally owning the Naruto manga, it's like Tobi=Obito except not lame. :D[/color]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]O_o?

Thats kinda odd though, the fact that he [spoiler]looks so much like Kaien, but most translations (aka all of them), have him as Arronio Alulueri. I mean come on we saw Kaien die right infront of Rukia, how could he live?! ('Sides, he should be Ichigo instead.)[/spoiler]

It could be just a little bit too early to jump to conclusions though.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]O_o?

Thats kinda odd though, the fact that he [spoiler]looks so much like Kaien, but most translations (aka all of them), have him as Arronio Alulueri. I mean come on we saw Kaien die right infront of Rukia, how could he live?! ('Sides, he should be Ichigo instead.)[/spoiler]

It could be just a little bit too early to jump to conclusions though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] [spoiler]Well, yeah, but I find it hard(er) to believe that Kubo would randomly insert Alulueri as someone who looks exactly like Kaien. And if it were Ichigo. P: I'd be willing to bet large sums of money it's not, lol.

Unless he's a shape-shifter or something, which would make everything about this incredibly lame and a let-down. Kubo's not that bad, right? Heh. [/spoiler][/color]

This has been debated [b]endlessly[/b] on BleachForums ever since the first few spoiler pics appeared on 2chan. Half the fans think it's [spoiler]the real Kaien, the other half reckon it's a shapeshifter with mind-reading abilities, something like Grand Fisher[/spoiler]. Having now read the full chapter I've slid off the fence and come down on the [spoiler]"it's really Kaien in some form or other"[/spoiler] camp.

@Ikillion: yep, on the final page he introduces himself as [spoiler]"Ninth Espada Aaroniiro Arulueri"[/spoiler]. Which is why we're all still confused. Because he definitely looks like [spoiler]Kaien, and the sidetext says "the face of regret, Kaien!!"[/spoiler]

My favourite theory out of all those that have cropped up so far is that [spoiler]somehow Kaien is now a Vizard, and is a spy in Aizen's ranks. Witness the complete, but removable mask, where other Arrancar have masks that are broken but still attached. I wait eagerly for next week - Arulueri/Kaien has promised to explain the wonky day/night inside/outside weirdness of Las Noches, and we might even find out who he really is[/spoiler].

[COLOR=#656446]Fellow fans, let us take comfort in the words of Sorachi Hideaki:
[i]Sometimes Weekly Jump comes out on a Saturday[/i].

In a few day's time, we will see closure on this new development.

o

o

o

Unless, of course, Kubo decides to focus on another fight. :3[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]My reaction to this latest development was something akin to 'Guh guh guh?'

[spoiler]I don't think it's Kaien, personally, I'm going down the shapeshifter route. But what Raiyuu said about the removeable mask does make it seem as though he's a Vaizard. Hmm, I can't wait to find out. ><

I'm also really sad about what's happened to Chad, but I'll be even more depressed if Noitora gets taken out this early due to his actions. I love that creepy Espada too much for my own good.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

does anyone else think that the whole reason [spoiler]aizen kidnapped orihime was that he knows she's the only one who can destroy the hogokyu [/spoiler]and so he's trying to make sure that she's on his side so nothing will happen to it?

[COLOR=#656446]^ Possibly. It's not unlike Aizen to overlook the fact that [spoiler]Orihime can restore the Hougyoku to a point before its creation. He just might have something in store for Orihime to keep her from destroying the Hougyoku.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][spoiler]The Espada who looks like Kaien has made an uproar eveywhere heh. So just finished reading some of the translations for chap. 263 and I'm still not convinced, or to say I'm in the middle, of what to believe. Is this Kaien or a shapeshifter. The translations dont prove much for me D:

Kaien strikes at Rukia and states that she's improved. This could still be the shapeshifter, messing wit her, or its really Kaien. I'm eager to find out which is true.

Also the same thing with Chad, alot of folks are sad that he's not strong enough, but he's improved. I don't think it will repeat itself like it did in the Soul Society arc, where he beat's everyone lower rank and then gets stopped by Shunsui. [/spoiler]

Hopefully another turn will happen for him. [/SIZE]

Actually, ch263 pretty much clears it up. [spoiler]The Hollow that attacked Kaien was programmed by Aizen to return to Hueco Mundo on dying so he could study it. The Hollow fused completely with Kaien, so he went with it to Hueco Mundo. But it turned out his personality was in the dominant - although that looks to be only a half-truth, as his other persona shows through right at the end there[/spoiler].

The only part of the explanation that bothers me is [spoiler]"so I switched places with one of the Espada". You'd think Aizen would notice, even under the PC-tower mask, and how did he manage to dispose of the previous number 9?[/spoiler]

I'm just incredibly glad it wasn't a [spoiler]shapeshifter[/spoiler]. That would have been a hella cheap plot device.

[QUOTE=Raiyuu]
The only part of the explanation that bothers me is [spoiler]"so I switched places with one of the Espada". You'd think Aizen would notice, even under the PC-tower mask, and how did he manage to dispose of the previous number 9?[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray][spoiler]Such a huge hole in the explanation might hint that's he's an enemy. Which I sort of like the idea of, because then it'd serve some nice character conflict later on. :catgirl:

[size=1]Is it me or am I the only one who thinks Kaien should [i]never[/i] wear frills?[/size][/spoiler][/color]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1]Feh, my bet is on [spoiler]that Arrancar-Kaien isn't telling the whole truth and somehow in some kind of a way, Aizen Fsked with his mind somehow giving the hollow part of him a little more control than he leads on. Since well...Aizen isn't stupid.

It be hilarious though if Rukia was forced to try (and maybe succede even) and Kill Kaien again.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][spoiler]
It be hilarious though if Rukia was forced to try (and maybe succede even) and Kill Kaien again.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] I hope that was a joke. :/[/color]