OtakuBoards

Bleach Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Guest Juice Boy

[spoiler]And they're beating up Orihime because.....?
It's been awhile since we've seen Grimmjow.. wonder what he'll do now.. I'm not sure I can see him joining up with Ichi-tachi, but that would be interesting....
[/spoiler]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler]The Loli-cars are jealous of all the attention Aizen's giving to Inoue instead of to them[/spoiler]. It was set up a few chapters ago.

As for Ulquiorra, his arrogance is a fatal flaw. Way back in the Conquistadores mini-arc, he decided Ichigo posed no threat and left him be. He could have kicked Ichigo's head off and nipped Aizen's problem in the bud, but he was over-confident of his own assessment. If that had been Grimmjow, he'd have killed Ichigo [i]just to be safe,[/i] which (from the bad guys' point of view) would have been the most sensible move.

Now Ichigo [spoiler]shows up in Hueco Mundo with new powers and Ulquorra can't be bothered to finish him, [i]again[/i][/spoiler]. That habit is really going to bite him eventually.

If Grimmjow pulls a Renji and joins the good guys then KT better justify it [i]hella[/i] well, because I don't think it's in character at all, no matter how insubordinate he acts towards Aizen.

• 2 months later...
[font=comic sans ms]A whole month, and nothing. But it's understandable. There hasn't been much to talk about with the last few chapters. Although I did find most of them good.

In any case, this last chapter is my favorite chapter since they stepped foot in Hueco Mundo. [spoiler]To have both Grimmjow and Ulquiorra duking it out[/spoiler] even if it was for a brief moment has fanboy/girl-ism written all over it. (I have to admit it. Even I had a fanboy moment seeing them two fight. I didn't express it, but it was there.)

Note: The art is prettiful, but then again, I think I really start liking the artwork in the arc when they went to Soul Society.[/font]

Edit: Wow, guess Bleach went up and died lol.

Well, I've seen alot of people say it would be pretty dumb, disappointed, or something along those lines if [spoiler]Grimmjow went all the way to Ichigo's location just to have Inoue revive him and then fight him again.[/spoiler] And that's pretty much what we got, but I'm not really all that disappointed. If anything, I don't really care for [spoiler]Grimmjow's transformation. It's probably just me, but I don't find the whole cat look all that impressing.[/spoiler]

The fighting has been pretty nice thus far. [spoiler]I noticed Ichigo is able to keep his mask on alot longer than usual.[/spoiler] So I'm going to assume he's perfected it now?

I don't quite think he's perfected it because [spoiler]The first few fights in Hueco Mundo he wasn't able to hold it for long and so finished the fights quick. Same when fighting Ulquiorra he wanted to finish it quickly. I think it's more that his urge to defeat Grimmjow and with Orihime there that's brought out his urge to control that power more.[/spoiler]

There are some strong hints being dropped that it [spoiler]isn't the Ichigo we know and love under the mask - it's staying on extra-long, he tells Grimmjow not to cast off his released form because that would be 'boring', and he gave Inoue a seriously dirty look after blocking all those spikes for her[/spoiler]. Like Grimmjow pointed out last chapter, he doesn't seem to be fighting [spoiler]for Inoue's sake, but rather for the fun of the fight - which is what Wichigo has been telling him to do for months[/spoiler].

It could be that the reason his mask would never stay on is because he was always deluding himself with noble reasons for fighting - but Hollows don't fight to protect others, so the mask wouldn't stick.

[COLOR=#5d0b08][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I'll bet money that eventually Ichigo will [spoiler]be unable to take his mask off at all. If not have some kind of a negative thing happen if he keeps it on too long[/spoiler]

Anyone else note at just how much whats her name though of the battle between those two as if it were two Arrancar?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

On your first point Ikillion not being able to remove the mask [spoiler]would mean his hollow side has taken over and won.[/spoiler] On your second point yes I did notice that and the latest chapter had some insight on that.

The unshown fight between [spoiler] Ulquiorra and Ichigo gets a mention here. Nell mentions the fact that with the mask on that Ichigo was beating Ulquiorra, which means that he didn't lose until he reached his limit.[/spoiler] Should be interesting now that Ichigo has resolved himself in the current fight.

[quote name='Meggido]The unshown fight between [spoiler']Ulquiorra and Ichigo gets a mention here.[/spoiler][/quote]What do you mean by 'unshown'? That fight was portrayed in its entirety. It just ended unexpectedly, is all.

[quote name='Raiyuu']What do you mean by 'unshown'? That fight was portrayed in its entirety. It just ended unexpectedly, is all.[/QUOTE]

Bah turns out I was missing a chapter or 2 in the middle. Didn't notice because I've been very consistant in my reading (usually). <.<

But still [spoiler] he didn't lose till he reached his limit. His limit seems to have become a lot longer though and it's hard to tell whether it's due to his loss to Ulquiorra, or because of the rivalry that's developed between him and Grimjaw.[/spoiler]

Edit: Chapter 284 and we probably have one of the most interesting developments that I've seen yet. We'd previously been told about [spoiler]Hollow classifications or ranks, but we had not been told how they achieve these ranks. This Chapter with it's slight look into Grimmjow's past(which is not know till the end of the little piece) also describes the process of Hollow's becoming Gillians, Adjucha, and possibly Vastloords (assuming the same process is required). Also the fight between Grimmjow and Ichigo seems to be entering a new phase.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
Ichigo and Grimmjow so beautiful it hurt to look at. I'm glad we got to see some backstory for Grimmjow. But on to the current chapter 290 wow to see Nell [spoiler] returned to her true form good stuff one of the last things I was expecting. You really have to wonder if that Arrancar is really going to regret crushing her head or if she will turn on Ichigo as well?[/spoiler]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Apparently I'm missing something here, but more than likely I'll have to wait for the explanation.

[spoiler]I thought former espadas had 3 digits. If Nell is a former espada then why do she have 1 digit?[/spoiler][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If I remember rightly wasn't it the [spoiler]former espada that were still recognized as living only had 3 digits i.e 100 onwards. As for Nell you have to remember that Nnoitra said that he snuck up behind Nell, bashed her over the head with his Zanpaktou and then threw her out of Las Noches. So since she was probably assumed dead she did not lose her number like Grimmjow did when his number was cut off him and given to Luppi, Nor was she given a number over 100. [/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR="Navy"][spoiler]Reinforcements[/spoiler] finally!!. That's the last time I'd actually get something right lol, and that was the only exciting thing for me in this chapter.

Uhh... So I started reading this from the Ichigo vs Byakuya fight, and now I'm wondering what everyone see's in Hitsugaya. I mean I have nothing against him whatsoever, but this guy hasn't proved he's worthy enough to be a captain. Perhaps those are not the right words I'm looking for, but hopefully, you see what I'm saying. (I'll stop picking with Hitsugaya now :))

Speaking of captains, did they ever mention how the ranks are determined? Whose the strongest of the captains? Or does the numbers not matter?[/COLOR]

That's the great thing about Bleach and the reason I get hot under the collar when people compare it to Dragonball Z - the numbers don't matter, everyone's strong in different ways and it's impossible to 'power rank' the characters. So the captains aren't 'ranked' as such, but it has been revealed how you become one: you need recommendations from a certain number of other captains, or you need to defeat the current captain in single combat.

I totally agree on Hitsugaya. The kid rushes in where angels fear to tread and invariably gets hacked up because of it. He's strong in his own way, and if he's the child prodigy everyone says he is then he'll only get stronger. But in terms of personality, he's totally unsuited to command.

And I thought this latest was an incredible chapter. (Apart from Tesla's stupid released form.) I've been wanting to see what's happening to Rukia and Chad for ages now. I'm anticipating [spoiler]nick-of-time saves for them too - but until we find out how on earth Kenpachi ended up in Hueco Mundo, I can't speculate who'll turn up[/spoiler]. Not to mention: 'King of the Kill'? Brilliant chapter title. Best one for a few months.

[quote name='Raiyuu']And I thought this latest was an incredible chapter. (Apart from Tesla's stupid released form.) I've been wanting to see what's happening to Rukia and Chad for ages now. I'm anticipating [spoiler]nick-of-time saves for them too - but until we find out how on earth Kenpachi ended up in Hueco Mundo, I can't speculate who'll turn up[/spoiler]. Not to mention: 'King of the Kill'? Brilliant chapter title. Best one for a few months.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with the idea that at least [spoiler]Byakuya will be there as well. This is mainly because of the fact that ages ago Rukia stated that Renji and her were able to get to Hueco Mundo with Byakuya's help. I'm guessing that Byakuya got a small team together and went to Hueco Mundo. So glad Kenpachi's back though. [/spoiler] That's a captain that you can't help but enjoy seeing in action.

[COLOR="Navy"]Now this is a chapter a like. Seeing [spoiler]Unohana in Hueco Mundo[/spoiler] wasn't expected at the very least. Although, I would've expected to see her a little later on.

I don't know if I want to see a fight between the [spoiler]2 mad scientists.[/spoiler] It'll probably be an interesting fight, but as sadistic and twisted the two are... "shrugs" [spoiler]Mayuri looks funny[/spoiler]

I don't have anything to say about [spoiler]Byakuya and the 7th espada.[/spoiler] I don't know which fight I want to see the most, [spoiler]Kenpachi vs Nnoitra or Byakuya vs ....7th Espada[/spoiler] lol.

I'm still stuck on this Hitsugaya thing too. [spoiler]If these captains dominate these arrancar real easily[/spoiler], then I'm sticking with the judgment that Hitusgaya is weak and shouldn't be a captain. XD
[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='KimmehWolfwood'][COLOR="Red"]You know, I've never seen him as one in my mind. Ever.

*Prepares to be decked by fangirls*[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, he's a kid after all. But still... T_T *punches*

When [spoiler] Byakuya showed up[/spoiler], I spontaneously said [spoiler] YAY! Byakuya~ ^^; It's good to see Hanataro as well. But why Mayuri?! O_o[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='aoi_hikari']Well, he's a kid after all. But still... T_T *punches*

When [spoiler] Byakuya showed up[/spoiler], I spontaneously said [spoiler] YAY! Byakuya~ ^^; It's good to see Hanataro as well. But why Mayuri?! O_o[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"][spoiler]Mad scientist vs mad scientist (voodoo person if you ask me.)[/spoiler] Good match up if you ask me, but I can live without that fight. I'm wondering what's the point of [spoiler]Hanataro showing up?[/spoiler] I know, he's there for Rukia, but "shrugs"[/COLOR]

Edit:

[COLOR="Navy"]I really liked this fight between [spoiler]Zomari and Byakuya[/spoiler] mainly because I'm a Byakuya fan lol. Although, I do think [spoiler]Zomari and the pumpkin look[/spoiler] was really stupid. Oh yeah, this fight makes me further know (more speculation really) that Toshiro is the weakest captain, or perhaps Byakuya was just lucky enough to get matched up with someone who he can clearly dominate. Okay no more picking on the boy :D

Bah, now I gotta put up with the more uninteresting characters before the [spoiler]Kenpachi an Nnoitra[/spoiler] fight. All this procrastinating I tell ya, lol.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Bah, now I gotta put up with the more uninteresting characters before the [spoiler]Kenpachi an Nnoitra[/spoiler] fight. All this procrastinating I tell ya, lol.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Just caught up to the latest chapter and this is definitely the fight that's shaping up to be the coolest. As much as I like [spoiler]Byakuya[/spoiler] his fight was over waaay to quickly.

I suppose the only thing that still really confuses me about Bleach is the fluctuating strength levels for certain characters. I mean, [spoiler]Ichigo beat Kenpachi, well drew I suppose in reality, back rescuing Rukia in Soul Society when the latter was at full power without even having a bankai. Now apparently Zakari is powerful enough to take on an Espada which Ichigo would require both his bankai and vizard powers for.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Indeed the strength is really confusing. (My main reason for picking on Toshiro lol) I'm not even certain if I get it yet, but the way I see it so far. From the [spoiler]Ichigo and Byakuya fight back in Soul Society, if I recall, Byakuya said something about Ichigo's Ban Kai only increases his speed, and then another confirmation from Grimmjow and Ichigo's first encounter.[/spoiler]

So I'd probably say that Kenpachi and Ichigo [spoiler](w/o the mask)[/spoiler] are still probably equals, and Toshiro just overrated the Arrancars... (That's what I want to say because [spoiler]Byakuya killed Zomari entirely too easy[/spoiler] Even with all that being said, it still don't say much lol. Outside of [spoiler]Ichigo already being injured after the final showdown with Grimmjow[/spoiler].[/COLOR]