OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*Cracks Knuckles* Let's get it started.

Uh.

Get it started.

In here.

Chapter 419

Pain/s is/are forming a plan/s to invade/invade a lot. His bodies are designated into realms: Demon, Animal, Hungry Ghost, God, Human and Hell. First three will cause a diversion whilst the latter three will do reconnaissance, along with Konan. Apparently there's a spherical barrier surrounding Konoha which will automatically detect intruders. Unless their name is Orochimaru and they bring along an army of missing-nin and giant snakes. Also, it's apparently been there since Itachi was still part of the village, since he supposedly knew how to get in without setting it off. Must've never occurred to anyone that class S criminals would remember how to disarm the security alarm. Reset the password, Tsunade.

Anyway, Animal Realm is going in first from the sky. This is supposed to confuse Konoha's forces somehow. Hey, it's working on me. Upon landing, the other five somehow appear with her and split up. The rest begin to destroy things while Human Realm goes around gathering information and pulling people's souls out of their heads.

Going back to Cloud Village, Raikage sends those three ninja from earlier with a message for Tsunade. They all have a BAWWWWfest and go on their merry ways. Little do they know that Hatchibi has escaped in one of his demon's tails and is currently arguing with it. While rapping. Because he's black. He likes his freedom and doesn't want to return to his village because he doesn't want to defend it. Blah blah, exposition, chapter end.

This was better, but there is still an uncomfortably low level of fail in these pages. I'm still nervous.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, that sphere sensor thing is a bit of a joke, considering that the majority of Konoha's enemies of seem to actually be from the village, that or you know they're powerful enough to just not give a ****.

Apparently anyway it's all going to kick off next week. I'm still praying Konan/Female Pein kills Tsunade because the further this manga progresses, the more I hate that woman.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][CENTER][URL=http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1223505104022zk2.jpg][IMG]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6357/1223505104022zk2.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php][IMG]http://img523.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR=#35160f]
Dammit Kishimoto, why must you make all the best characters be the ones who die off screen![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I was wondering when that image was going to make it's way over here. Guess it's been confirmed as legit then, as opposed to a good hoax ? Funny when you look at the split in the middle it seem like two different pictures.

As I recall though, wasn't the three-tails just running loose by itself ? Thus leading to the question as to why there's a Jinchuuriki for it then. *Shrugs* Such a cool looking group, as Ikillion said it's a shame most of them died off-pages.

Oh and just to spoil a little of the forthcoming manga issue for anyone who hasn't read it, apparently Robo-Pain has a laser for a brain now.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
As I recall though, wasn't the three-tails just running loose by itself ? Thus leading to the question as to why there's a Jinchuuriki for it then.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#35160f]
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]The Three-tailed was in the body of one from the mist for a time before it somehow got loose and went absolutely kurazy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Anime_girl5']wait!
Does Kakashi die!?

I hope he doesnt. My bff told me that he does die.

I love Kakashi, hes my fave.:catgirl::animecry:[/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]As of right now, Kakashi is not dead, but he did just take a huge gut-check from Pein.

Anyhow, it seems like everyone's finally going to get into the game with the battle against Pein. Maybe we'll finally have to shining moments from the other teams at long last. (Though, was it just me, or did you see a noticable lack of Neji in there? He might be on a mission, but it seems wrong for him to miss out on the action.)

Also, yes, Gavin, Laser Brain for the lulz and loss.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And after a week of nothing but Tsubasa, I return to this not quite crap anymore. Better transform and roll out.

Chapter 420

Ooh, nice cover spread there, Kishi. Interesting character designs. Too bad all but 4 of them are dead, all but one of those having been done in off-panel before Shippuden even started. Yeah, fantastic middle finger there.

Apparently, Naruto is learning to jump on air. He's not done yet, but we don't get to see what happens next. Instead, we get to see Iruka nearly get pwned in the face by a Pain. Kakashi steps in just in time. The fight commences, and at some point Pain uses the Rin'nengan to dodge Raikiri somehow, despite being pinned to the wall. Then he knocks Kakashi back with either his eye or the Force.

Cut to Naruto.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Naruto420page12-OneManga_1223683855.png[/IMG]
Yeah, Fukusaku. [I]Why so serious?[/I][/CENTER]

Apparently it's because Sage Mode is "risky." Since you have to hold still to use it, it's basically useless in one-on-one battles. Thanks to that, Naruto's been nerfed back to Sasuke inferiority once again. Luckily, this can be fixed if Fukusaku and "Ma" just sit on his shoulders and gather energy for him. Until they get killed off by someone, of course.

Back to Konoha, where we learn that the Pain Piercings (or at least the bars that go in 'em) are chakra receivers, meaning that either that's how the eye works or Nagato is another freaking puppet master. Well, everybody has to get moving because one of the Pains is a firin' his lazer... out of his skull.

Tsunade has finally noticed that Pain is in her village, breakin her stuff. This means she's almost 2 full chapters slow on the uptake. Her first course of action is, of course, to call Naruto back. Been nice knowing you, Konoha.[/FONT]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]As of right now, Kakashi is not dead, but he did just take a huge gut-check from Pein.

Anyhow, it seems like everyone's finally going to get into the game with the battle against Pein. Maybe we'll finally have to shining moments from the other teams at long last. (Though, was it just me, or did you see a noticable lack of Neji in there? He might be on a mission, but it seems wrong for him to miss out on the action.)

Also, yes, Gavin, Laser Brain for the lulz and loss.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

OMG yay! ( that hes not dead)

thank you for letting me know!

Naruto is awesome!:catgirl:

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Too bad all but 4 of them are dead, all but one of those having been done in off-panel before Shippuden even started.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Four ? Who's the fourth after Naruto, Gaara and Killerbee ?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Four ? Who's the fourth after Naruto, Gaara and Killerbee ?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sanbi is probably still alive, since Deidara and Tobi took out the 3-tailed beast in the wild. I'm assuming it escaped, though there's a chance they killed the host and then captured the beast.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sanbi is probably still alive, since Deidara and Tobi took out the 3-tailed beast in the wild. I'm assuming it escaped, though there's a chance they killed the host and then captured the beast.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Hmm true, I always thought that when a Tailed-Beast escaped from the host it meant the latter's death, considering the same thing happened to Gaara when the Ichibi was removed fully.

I hope Kishi actually dedicates a few chapters at some point to the lives of the Jinchuuriki we haven't seen as they look a fairly cool bunch, sort of like the Turn Back the Pendulum chapters in Bleach.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]I actually quite liked this chapter, although I'm getting a little irritated with some of the plot holes that are appearing in various places (like Tsunade's failure to detect anything weird, the lack of sentries (unless you presume Pain killed them all)...

Still, here's hoping either Konoha will be decimated before Naruto gets there (setting him out on a revenge mission and cheating Sasuke out of his own), or that Tsunade and Pain destroy each other. Or at the very least she has enough taken out of her that we see her 'real age' soon. 'Cause that'd be interesting.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Or at the very least she has enough taken out of her that we see her 'real age' soon. 'Cause that'd be interesting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][CENTER][IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2ym9ipy.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Kaname Ougi is horrified by your desire to see the hag's true form.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#503F86]Haha, I honestly didn't mean that in any sense of obscure fetishism ^_^; I just meant that what we see is never her true form bearing in mind how old she is, so if she has to fight to full capacity again a la when against Orochimaru and Kabuto before the timeskip, then she'd probably not be able to maintain her venir.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Looks like Jump's taking a break this week. No new Naruto or One Piece (not sure about Bleach.) So, instead of writing summary this week, I give you all the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight way better than I ever could have done.

[URL="http://fc36.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/084/b/3/Sasuke_vs_Itachi_by_Kuroi_Tsuki.jpg"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Click.[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Looks like Jump's taking a break this week. No new Naruto or One Piece (not sure about Bleach.) So, instead of writing summary this week, I give you all the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight way better than I ever could have done.

[URL="http://fc36.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/084/b/3/Sasuke_vs_Itachi_by_Kuroi_Tsuki.jpg"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Click.[/U][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/QUOTE]

And I present to you just how far Naruto has fallen. In his attempt to make the Sasuke vs Itachi fight epic, it has become everything but.

[SIZE="1"][I]"Save me Tom Cruise."[/I]

I laughed quite a bit at that for some reason, but yeah, that really well done parody of that fight...well except that it's not really a parody and more of a summary. ^_^;

Are you sure there's no Naruto this week Ace ? There's spoilers and translations over on NarutoFan's forums for the next chapter since Wednesday.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Raiyuu']Naruto's having happy fun times chopping the tops off mountains - that should make a mess of Pain, mehopes.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed, bets that his new super-Rasengan variation will actually be too powerful for Fat Pein to absorb thus leading to a TTGL-style Giga Drill Breaker moment ? God it would actually be awesome to see Naruto do a Simon-style speech to Pein about Jiraiya being dead before the GDB. Damn it Kishi you borrow ideas from other series the whole time, do it right for once. [img]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/250/manlyqr5.gif[/img] *Manly Gai tears* [/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Alright, I'm ungrounded. Let's do this thang.

Chapter 421

As the chapter opens, we see a crowd of Konoha civilians running from the madness and destruction. One little girl (or boy, it's really hard to tell thanks to Kishi's art style) is hit on the head and trips. No, wait. It's not a bump, it's a bun. Whatever. Anyway, Sakura swoops in and suddenly decides to be useful for once, killing the giant centipede that was chasing them. She heals the child and then Iruka swoops in, telling her, to her horror, that Akatsuki is invading.

Ya know, news sure travels slow around this NINJA VILLAGE.

Back at the mansion, Tsunade is arguing with the elders about whether to bring back Naruto, who they argue Pein's target and probably still to weak to take him on anyway. They raise a good point, but logic be darned. Tsunade has superstrength and a short fuse and she's gonna use 'em. She lets 'em have it, since they "can't treat him like a child forever." Of course, that doesn't do anything at all to the fact that throwing him into the fray is like handing the nine tails to Pein unconscious in a box. She then goes on to convince her advisers that leaving the fate of the village in the hands of the entire graduating class of ONLY THREE OF THEM ARE COMPETENT NINJA is the most logical thing in the world. The sad part is it works.

Cut to the interesting part; Kakashi repeatedly failing at attacking Pein. Cut away just as fast to explain that the Pein's Chakra Receivers are reacting to each other. Finally, we get to watch Danzo kill the messenger frog who was supposed to report to Naruto and Fukusaku. Why? Because he's a jerk. Also, the story needs more complexity or something. I don't really care. I'm pretty sure we already determined the fact that Danzo's a jerk a while ago. Anyway, the end.[/FONT]

Surprised there's no talk about the newest chapter.

Kakashi having the spotlight. I like that it's finally back on him instead of Naruto or Sasuke for once. (Good to see smart people and stuff.) Disappointed because of his backup though. (No fan of Choji)

Lightning clone... Interesting, I suppose. I just hope they don't go too crazy with these clone ideas. I can't see anyone using wind as a clone technique. Fire clone may be another interesting one. One that may be more beneficial than lightning, but "shrugs".

I'm still lost about Pein though. So the piercings in his body sends off signals. So... What is Pein?

[quote name='Phenom']I'm still lost about Pein though. So the piercings in his body sends off signals. So... What is Pein?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Basically his six bodies act as receivers for the instructions of the [I]real[/I] Pein through the use of the piercings acting as antennae. At this stage Pein may literally be just a disembodied spirit, or possibly have transcending physical form through his Rinnegan in control of the bodies without a real on of his own. Of course that's just a guess, at this point we really just don't know what Pein is.

Interestingly Yahiko-Pein possesses Force powers and Kakashi hasn't bothered to try using his Mangekyou Sharingan despite the fact that he knows Pein answers to an Uchiha. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Basically his six bodies act as receivers for the instructions of the [I]real[/I] Pein through the use of the piercings acting as antennae. At this stage Pein may literally be just a disembodied spirit, or possibly have transcending physical form through his Rinnegan in control of the bodies without a real on of his own. Of course that's just a guess, at this point we really just don't know what Pein is.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Personally I'm still banking on Nagato lurking somewhere. Kishi doesn't really do invincible (well, there's Sasuke.) Most of the major villains have died and stayed there so far, with the exception of Orochimaru, which is basically just the result of his bizarre experiments on the bodies of little boys (I really need to stop doing that.) I figure you either have to kill them all or kill the "real" one, which would be hard if it was just a disembodied thing floating around.

Anyway, let's do dis thang.

Chapter 422

Konan's out doing cool yet creepy paper things while interrogating people. They're quite tight-lipped, though loose enough to utter profanities right in her face. Really, I wouldn't blame her for killing that guy. But instead, we get to see people try to go after Big Pein now. They're going hand-to-hand since Pain has a super special force field of awesome (TM). Also, Tsunade is finally stepping into the fray with her giant slug (why, oh why must this woman seem so useless?) She's sending it out to attach onto everyone in the village and heal their wounds ("except Pein" must be implied, then,) which is nice, but do you really want a disturbingly slimy man-sized creature attached to your back while you fight for your life?

Back to the good part. Kakashi is discovering a bit of an annoying disadvantage with having more than one Pein to fight thanks to the Human Security System no Jutsu. Also, Lazer Brain Pein is a total Sasori ripoff. Kinda sad when you start ripping yourself off, but at least there's hopefully not a jailbait bishie hiding in there. Oh, and the Yahiko body is a Sith Lord. He Force pulls Kakashi in to LBP's spiketail of doom, which kills him instantly.

O WAIT IT WAS A GENJUTSU. [IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/Obviousavatar.png[/IMG]

Actually, it was a lightning clone, which is actually pretty cool, I have to admit. I mean, it's way better than SUPER EYE WARFARE OMG, plus it's kinda like a counterattack. It shocks LBP, then Choji and his dad come down and FALCON PAAAWNCH him into the ground, leaving Jedi Pein to deal with. End of chapter.[/FONT]