OtakuBoards

Naruto Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Ryo the Tactician

[SIZE="1"]Glad I'm not the only one who spotted the Sasori/Pain similarity there, though really how could anyone not spot it. ^_^;

Meh actually I thought this chapter was Kishi slipping into his old pattern of giving us bad fights again. I'm not saying Kakashi should be able to take two Pain's alone, nor should the Akimichi Twin Fists of Death be able to kill SasoriPain but really we're not getting any development story-wise, it's just all Pain-rules and then Kakashi realises something and doesn't bother to tell us.

Also Tsunade won't fight because the hag knows she'll get killed, so she sends dozens of her underlings to their deaths. Yeah yeah she's a healer not a fighter, Sakura is the same and out there killing giant centipedes. We all know Sarutobi would be out there with Enma kicking *** at this point. God she's such a Failkage. Jiriaya you should have become Hokage then none of this would've happened.

Hopefully next week Naruto will be back, and then we can look forward to seeing his power-up in action, likely followed by Sasuke arriving, saying yo and then being a dick and trying to destroy a village that's already been nearly destroyed. Actually his face is going to be amusing in that scene. "WTF ?! I was supposed to destroy Konoha..."[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Glad I'm not the only one who spotted the Sasori/Pain similarity there, though really how could anyone not spot it. ^_^;

Meh actually I thought this chapter was Kishi slipping into his old pattern of giving us bad fights again. I'm not saying Kakashi should be able to take two Pain's alone, nor should the Akimichi Twin Fists of Death be able to kill SasoriPain but really we're not getting any development story-wise, it's just all Pain-rules and then Kakashi realises something and doesn't bother to tell us.

Also Tsunade won't fight because the hag knows she'll get killed, so she sends dozens of her underlings to their deaths. Yeah yeah she's a healer not a fighter, Sakura is the same and out there killing giant centipedes. We all know Sarutobi would be out there with Enma kicking *** at this point. God she's such a Failkage. Jiriaya you should have become Hokage then none of this would've happened.

Hopefully next week Naruto will be back, and then we can look forward to seeing his power-up in action, likely followed by Sasuke arriving, saying yo and then being a dick and trying to destroy a village that's already been nearly destroyed. Actually his face is going to be amusing in that scene. "WTF ?! I was supposed to destroy Konoha..."[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I've heard speculation that Kishi was going into a Kakashi arc on another board, but I very much doubt it. I am personally ticked that Chouji and his Daddy had to show up, I wanted to see Kakashi get serious and do some butt-kicking until he needed more help. I have a feeling some of the konoha nine's parents will die to further explain the theme of "growing up". I can't wait till the next chapter, but it doesn't seem like Naruto's going to show because Danzo killed the messenger frog (he was cool too!)

[quote name='chibi-master']Wait...so Tsuna-Fail isn't fighting? WTF KINDA HOKAGE DOESN'T FIGHT AN ENEMY THAT'S TRYING TO DESTROY THE VILLAGE?!?! Dang useless slug whisperer...[/QUOTE]
Useless, not likely. Think of it like the US military. You don't put the president on the frontline because he/she would become an easy target. You take out the president, you just won the war. Same applies here, and like Jiraya said, if the Hokage were to keep changing, it'd show that the leaf is a weak village.

I haven't followed the manga at all so I feel out of place commenting, but one thing I'd point out is that while your comparison to the military is a good one, when you think about the Naruto world its the Hokage's job to fight when it comes to the villiage being attacked.

I think that if you shrink down the military to the equivilant to the # of shinobi's there are fighting for the hidden leaf villiage. The president would be on the front lines right beside his generals.

[quote name='Phenom']Useless, not likely. Think of it like the US military. You don't put the president on the frontline because he/she would become an easy target. You take out the president, you just won the war. Same applies here, and like Jiraya said, if the Hokage were to keep changing, it'd show that the leaf is a weak village.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I have to disagree with you there Phenom, the Hokage or any Kage for that matter are acknowledged as the strongest ninja in their entire village. It is their job to protect the village with their lives if necessary, not to keep themselves out of harms way so that they're the last ones killed should the village fall.

Every time an S-Rank enemy has attacked Konoha it has been their Hokage has stepped up to the challenge of defeating it. With Madara it was Shodaime, for the Kyuubi it was Minato and finally when Orochimaru attacked and it was Sarutobi who defeated him. Sure two of the three mentioned lost their lives to end the threat but the village survived.

I'm not saying that Tsunade should go out and try to take on all of Pain's bodies at once, I'm saying that for the sake of morale Tsunade needs to be more than Konoha's chief bureaucrat and actually go out there and fight with her troops. It's part of her job, plain and simple. You know it's not as if she can't fight either, the battle between the Sannin showed she can.

I swear if Naruto is the one to drive Pain out of Konoha, Tsunade better turn over the office to him right then and there.[/SIZE]

Perhaps "president" was too much. Couldn't think of the head person for the military.. (General?) Should've went on ahead and use Fullmetal Alchemist.

I'm not saying that Tsunade shouldn't be out there, I'm just saying not on the frontlines, atleast not so soon anyway.

But then again, y'all want to see her out there just to see her death? Evil people :D

[quote name='Phenom']But then again, y'all want to see her out there just to see her death? Evil people :D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Not entirely true, sure I want to see the hag bite the dust sooner rather than later, but a lot of that stems from that fact she's just not acting as a Hokage based on what we've seen of her predecessors. If she bucked up and did something other than paper-work and delegating my opinion of her might actually rise.[/SIZE]

Spoilers for chapter 243 are out and I have to say that this is the most scared I have ever been while reading this series. Below is a link to an image and other spoilers.

[spoiler][URL="http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3263/591960vo8.jpg"]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3263/591960vo8.jpg[/URL]

So, Pein throws a freakin nail at Kakashi and he gets hit, but the question is where? I believe Kakashi will not die (I'll be so pissed if he does), but I think he may have lost Obito's sharingan. The next chapter is called A hero falls (or fails, not sure which) which could mean kakashi himself or Obito's eye, which is Obito's last remains (unless he is Tobi).Below is the script for the chapter.

[i]choujis dad compliments kakashi

kakashi explains pein's ability saying that he can control gravity and they plan an attack.
somehow chouji and his father manage to get ahold of God realm pein.

kakashi uses a raikiri to try to take down yahiko pain but 6 armed pein ( demon realm)blocks it and seems to be killed.

everyone is like 'wtf how can he still move?!?!'

kakashi thinking 'please make it in time'

apparently naruto is going to be doing some sort of fusion (i guess this is refering to the Fukasaku shoulder thing?)

goes back to konoha

Pein: 'i know you are unable to move now'

kakashi 'i guess it was too late'

choji and all the konoha nin including kakashi have been blown away, or something.

pain 'i know you are not a bunshin, ill kill you for sure'

pain picks up a nail and points it at kakashi

kakashi 'theres no way you can miss this close' (being rude)

STAB sound. [/i]

So, i've been told by people on a different forum that this is not a fake, and I believe them. The script has some gaps in it and I'm not 100% about the translation, but I think it is close to the realt thing. [/spoiler]

OMG! I wish it was next week already!

[SIZE="1"]You don't have to black out latest chapter spoilers before the week's chapter is release KKC as it's already mentioned in the thread title, and most of us can't help but read spoilers, I know I can't anyway.

As for this week's chapter, well from what I've read so far I'm not that impressed honestly. The whole thing about Robo-Pain's faking being beaten was obvious, no offense to the Akimichi men but there's no way he was going down from just what they dished out.

Kakashi then ending up facing both Peins, or rather Jedi-Pein alone was equally obvious, that one ref to Naruto learning to fuse was unecessary and finally the nail/whatever to the head from no distance away seems rather un-ninja like. Whatever happened to the dreaded log-no-jutsu that was so prevalent pre-Time Skip ?

I don't know, for me this whole chapter seems like about five pages dragged out. I don't particularly care what the other Peins and Konan are up to, and what fodder-nin they kill along the way, in the end we're all just waiting for Naruto to show up so the plot can advance. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Not entirely true, sure I want to see the hag bite the dust sooner rather than later, but a lot of that stems from that fact she's just not acting as a Hokage based on what we've seen of her predecessors. If she bucked up and did something other than paper-work and delegating my opinion of her might actually rise.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Fair enough.

As far as these "spoilers" are concerned. Not saying that it's real or fake, (I only keep up with Bleach spoilers) I just have my suspicions. All of what Gavin said is spot on. Especially with Kakashi and the nail in the head. After we just witnessed a lightning clone, I can't see Kakashi taking too many ninjutsu/physical attacks directly unless it's off guard or overpowering.

But if this were to be real, I don't know if I'd be willing to stick with the manga anymore. No characters would be left for me to root for. Itachi's dead, mini-byakuya's m.i.a and according to this suspicious "spoiler" with the wide gaps, Kakashi's gonna kick the bucket.

Turns out that that spoiler is real, but that last page was definately too obvious. Look like the nail could've been to the eye with the sharingan.

Perhaps it's bad translation or something but who was suppose to be saying "Know Pein"? (The talk bubble is over a rock btw.) Maybe it was supposed to have been "No Pein". And even then, why is Kakashi stating if he can move or not? Kakashi under the talkin rock?

[quote name='Phenom']Turns out that that spoiler is real, but that last page was definately too obvious. Look like the nail could've been to the eye with the sharingan.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Yeah, I think that's the big question lining up for next week. Really though this whole fight is moronic, Kakashi pulled out his Mangekyou for [I]Deidara[/I] during their first encounter and yet is content to fight without it against an opponent who is leagues beyond Deidara in terms of power, sorry Kishi that just doesn't make any sense.

Iif Kakashi loses his Sharingan eye he can kiss goodbye to the Rokudaime slot too, given most of his combat prowess will disappear along with it based on how much he seems to rely on his donated eye. I don't mind whether or not Kakashi lives or dies, as I've never been too partial to him, but I do want his death to be justifiable in terms of both his opponent's skills and his own. Based on this fight, he's shown all the strategic planning of a Genin rather than the legendary Copy Ninja we saw against Zabuza.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Look like Pein [spoiler]NAILED[/spoiler] Kakashi this time!

/sarcasm

But in all seriousness, this is kishimoto we're talking about here. I'm expecting next week to hear "You were in my genjutsu all along!" or something just to draw out the fight especially since Kakashi was taken down WAY too easily. Hopefully though it won't just be a Sasuke v. Itachi mk II.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Spontaneous reload FTL. Let's try this again.

Chapter 423

Choji's dad would like to let us all know that Kakashi is awesome. He's also clever and down to half chakra thanks to that Lightning Clone. Luckily, he seems to have Darth Pein's powers figured out. Although the Force is with him, he cannot push or pull continuously for very long. Kakashi's plan is to take advantage of that gap.

Kakashi springs up from the ground, trying to stab the evil Sith Lord with a kunai (imagine that, a character in [I]Naruto[/I] actually using a kunai. I mean, it's all over the merchandise, but when was the last time we saw that in the series?) Pein dodged, then decides that although the Force is strong with Kakashi, he needs no Sith Apprentice. Therefore, Kakashi must die. Suddenly, Choji and Daddy come spiraling in with Sonic the Hedgehog's patented Spin Dash attack (in what is obviously a parallel being drawn between two series that have gone horribly wrong in recent years.) Pein pushes them away, but in doing so is tied up by a chain that was apparently there the whole time.

I'd make a bondage joke here, but the fact that all this actually worked is pretty awesome. Anyway, Kakashi comes in with a Raikiri to the face, but is blocked by Lazer Brain Pein, who has been pulled up by the power of the Force (you underestimate it,) and is apparently regaining consciousness.

Cut to Naruto. Fukusaku wants to perform a Manly Fusion (yes, I am obsessed with Gurren Lagann. Why do you ask?) Naruto, however, is busy worrying about Konoha's well-being for the exact same reason that it is being ransacked at this very moment. Fukusaku reassures him that there are penty of competent ninja in Konoha and if they really needed Naruto they would send a messenger frog.

...I would like to point out that we all hate Danzo right now.

Anyway, they decide to unite into a Narren-Frogann and we cut back to Kakashi, who is bleeding from somewhere above his hairline. He is also trapped and facing a sick, sadistic Sith Lord. Pein fires a random nail at his head. Cliffhanger now.

...Pretty good chapter, but I'm still wondering after the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight why people continue to scanlate this when Buso Renkin has been finished for two years with no scans past chapter 39. I WANT MY CAPTAIN BRAVO DANGIT.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I swear if we don't get an exploding volcano behind Naruto and Fukusaku when they "Gattai!" for the first time I'm just going to stop reading the manga altogether. :animesmil

Honestly I still didn't think much of this chapter, although having actually read it now it's not quite as bad as I originally estimated it to be. Kakashi really should've used his Mangekyou as soon as he got that break from fighting Pein, after all if you can't attack him from close-range, simply use that lovely vortex move you used on Deidara twice Kakashi. D'uh.

Seems though between the lot of them they've managed to kill Puppet-Pein finally (unless he's like the T-1000 from Terminator and can just reform) which for one main character, two supporting ones is not a bad job in fairness.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Well well I hate to admit it but Kishi really has surprised me with this week's chapter. Firstly that an Akimichi could move fast enough to intercept a projectile that the Sharingan-weilding Kakashi couldn't dodge and secondly that Chouji's dad's armour is apparently good for nothing (or he decided to exposure vital areas to said projectile as opposed to something less vital like his arm).

Burning question: Will Kakashi actually die of chakra-exhaustion ? Or is Karin's mother walking a close-by street and ready to roll up her sleeves ? Honestly it's been a long time since I've liked Kakashi, so his death really won't bother me at all if it does occur.

On a side note, Danzou apparently wants to be Hokage of a village that likely won't exist once Pein is done with it...Does that make sense to anyone ?[/SIZE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Let's-a go.

Chapter 424

Tsunade's slugs are crawling all over everyone's bodies. Ew. Apparently, she didn't know there would be this many casualties when a psycotic Sith Lord with Gods eyes decided to destroy her hometown. I'm really starting to look forward to her death. Meanwhile, Danzo is trying to take over Konoha behind her back. He wants to be Hokage of the village that's currently being razed to the ground and all its inhabitants murdered. That makes perfect sense.

In the meantime, people are probing the captured rain ninja's mind in a manner that completely rapes mine. Apparently, there's a giant tower in Pein's village which people dump dead bodies for him to use into. I'm almost completely convinced that Nagato's running around somewhere now. Shizune suddenly bursts in and claims to be able to provide info that helps the others figure out what pains deal is, making her useful for the first time in recent memory. Speaking of Pein, let's see how the Force-sensitive one is doing.

Choji's dad is dead. Cut that BAAAAW crap, Choji. You have information to relay. Look, even Kakashi agrees with me. Also, Puppet Pein is still alive. he's firing not his lazer, but a missle now. It's headed for Choji. Kakashi decides to pull a noble self-sacrifice and...

I'd like to take this moment to both pause to increase dramatic tension and let you all know that I really hate Danzo right now, because if it weren't for him, Naruto would probably be here right now at least keeping Kakashi from committing noble suicide if not owning Sith Pein in the face. I can't believe I'm actually expressing support for any of the main three characters, but this is how much I like Kakashi. He's really cool and I don't want him to die. There, I said it. Now:

...Space-time warp the missile with his Mango Shenanigans. As he apparently starts to die of Chakra expenditure, he decides to have another Obito and Rin flashback. But we'll have to wait two more weeks for that, since Kishi's taking a kind of deserved break next week.

On a related note, I have no idea where the hell that nail went. I mean, did it stab his non-shenanigan eye or what? I doubt he'd be able to close it that well if it did, and there's no blood around there. I demand an explanation, Kishi. Sith Lords don't miss.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]On a related note, I have no idea where the hell that nail went. I mean, did it stab his non-shenanigan eye or what? I doubt he'd be able to close it that well if it did, and there's no blood around there. I demand an explanation, Kishi. Sith Lords don't miss.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm pretty curious about that myself as evidently Chouji's dad covered him and not Kakashi as I'd read in the spoilers earlier in the week. I couldn't see the nail in any of the panels, bar what looked like one and it appeared to be lodged in his cheek just under the eye in that one...Perhaps he is not as strong as the Toad-Sage predicted.[/SIZE]

On the final page, Robot Pain has a flashback of Jedi Pain throwing the nail and thinks 'So he used his powers for that, too'. Kakashi Mangekyou-warped the nail into Dimension X and that's why warping the missile as well is taking him into the Negative Chakra Death Zone.

[quote name='Raiyuu']On the final page, Robot Pain has a flashback of Jedi Pain throwing the nail and thinks 'So he used his powers for that, too'. Kakashi Mangekyou-warped the nail into Dimension X and that's why warping the missile as well is taking him into the Negative Chakra Death Zone.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]*Checks*

Wait, how did I miss that? Whatever. It seemed really unlikely considering how much chakra that move eats plus the fact that he was already down to half at the time. Seriously, Kakashi's never been known for his stamina.

Though there was an interesting conversation involving him being a monstrously powerful and practically limitless ninja, but a lazy bum in chat last night.

"I could kill this guy by staring at him with my normal eye, but I don't feel like it today. I'd rather lie in a hospital bed, sip orange juice and read porn all day."

"Hey, Shizune. Yeah, it's this damn eye again. Usual room."[/FONT]

Since when has a character ever died from low chakra supply? Energy supply for that matter. If Kakashi is dead, it'll be a first for me since no one in DBZ, YYH, Bleach and Naruto itself, has ever died for over exerting themselves.

While impressive at first (new chidori attack, and lightning clone were nice), Kakashi, like Itachi, ain't fighting Kakashi-like. Ain't he suppose to be smarter than Shikamaru? It's good to still see him thinking/planning moves, but his thinking hasn't been on par... Is Kishi dumbing down the adults for these young thundercats? If Kakashi is dead (By no means do I think he's dead.), that's the 2nd character (2nd best character) whose died by a technicality. >_>

[SIZE="1"]I think Phenom it might be Kishi telling us that his Uchiha and Sharingan-related characters can only be killed by the plot, rather than the skills of another ninja. Which basically means that until Kishi gets over his fangirlish love of Sasuke nothing can kill him... :animesigh [/SIZE]

Heh, that's real upsetting, so to speak. I know Kakashi stated that his chakra wasn't as great as Naruto's, but from looking at his progress from way back, up to now, one would think he could last longer than some of these other characters who've over exerted themselves way faster than he has. [/rant]

Bah, Lee and Gai would've made better backups. >_> I can imagine the teamwork that would've came out of that.

"Goes to read Bleach"

[quote name='Phenom']Bah, Lee and Gai would've made better backups. >_> I can imagine the teamwork that would've came out of that.

"Goes to read Bleach"[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Indeed they would have...actually where are Konoha's bowl-cut duo ? I recall seeing Lee but not Gai.

[Edit] Oh cool I got the 1000th post.[/SIZE]